When does the soul enter the body?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Edelweiss, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Edelweiss

Edelweiss New Member

American by birth, and Southern by the grace of Go
    My apologies if this thread is already in existence, but I have a question based on a mystery I have. There is someone I believe I may have been, but they were born about 7 months after my death...So my question is, when does the soul actually enter the body or permanently enter the body? Does a fetus form before a soul is assigned, and enters when the soul is ready or has made a decision?

2. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

I had a 'near-death experience' at the age of six. My lifeless body was rushed to the ER and my spirit was outside my body following along trying to get back within my physical body.

After I recovered - I spoke about a little 'red-haired' sister that was about to be born. My parents were shocked that I knew my Mom was expecting because they hadn't shared the news. I told them I had spoken to her while I was outside my body. Her spirit was with the body - but not attached. Her spirit told me it was 'preparing' to incarnate into the world and join me once again in life here. (We had lived a previous life together in the world.) This led me to have many questions about 'birth' and death. I found myself 'leaving' my body at night during sleep for out of body experiences to get answers at the local hospital. I witnessed 'births' and 'deaths' and 'spirits' coming and going while I was a spirit outside my own body. (This was 46 years ago.) The 'silver cord' was attached to me during 'out of body' experiences. The memories I have of it is - the 'spirit' didn't fully enter the body until the body started breathing. This lead me to call the 'spirit' the 'breath' because without it - the spirit wasn't attached in a permanent way. (I do recall that the spirit of my sister had a silver cord attached and at some point in my childhood I starting calling the 'silver cord' the umbilical cord.)

In 1988, I lost a cousin and his spirit visited me in a dream and a discussion about his next 'incarnation.' The visit took place in July. I was told in the dream that I wouldn't recall details of our discussion until a later time. I had no memories when I woke up of who the spirit was. My cousin died in October and he was reincarnated in December. I didn't recall details of our spiritual discussion until after his death and it sort of freaked me out that I was warned he was about to die and couldn't do anything to stop it. His spirit told me that after he was born into a new body and new mind - he wouldn't have memories of his past existence as my cousin. In a sense, after December - his spirit wouldn't be able to visit me again in a dream because it was attached to a new body.

This has been my experience with it and this leads me to believe that the spirit - is a part of the breath that enters at birth. From the memory of the viewpoint I had as a child - I would think that a spirit is permanently attached to the body at the moment of birth.

When it comes to the world of spiritual mysteries.....who knows though?

Sincerely,

DKing

3. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I have read that the soul goes in and out of the forming body until late in the pregnancy, when it spends more and more time with the mother so they can bond. I don't know if this true, and my personal opinion is that there is no way for anyone to know at the present time. I saw an ultrasound of my daughter at ten weeks, and she was sucking her thumb, but she still might have only been present to get her picture taken! It seems possible that you could be the person in question. I think I read this opinion in one of Brian Weiss' books, among others. Of course, popular opinion doesn't make something true. I wonder if any members have "memories" of their time in the womb?

4. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I think dking and I must have been posting in tandem. That was a wonderful answer.

5. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

Thank you BriarRose. I read your post and it triggered recall of another important memory relating to this question as well as your comment.

When I was four years old - I spoke to my Dad about the 'night' I was born. I described to him - what he was doing in the waiting room and even told him some of the 'remarks' he made to a friend that was with him. Of course, my Dad felt that this friend was pulling a joke on him by telling me what was said and done in the waiting room that night. I forgot about the memory and my Dad continued to try and get to the bottom of the story for many years. I only recalled it recently. I have a vague memory of the event itself - but can recall the many times my Dad quizzed me on the subject. I told him I was there with him - and that I was invisible like 'Casper.'

In 1988 - I had a relapse and once again found myself being rushed to the ER for a medical emergency. This 'NDE' was in front of 10 witnesses who saw me 'die' in front of their eyes. There was a discrepancy in our testimony afterwards. My 'spirit' departed the dying body several minutes prior to actual death. The 'body' was still talking when my spirit left. I had a memory of witnessing my own body 'talking' and saying things. I referred to it as 'residual' energy. The body was talking about a past incident related to the medical condition I grew up with. It was 'reliving' an episode from my past due to the 'memory bank' in the physical brain. The witnesses felt I was still alive because my body was talking - but I was trying to avoid the physical pain and departed before the actual body had shut down. You have heard of 'dead man walking'? I was a 'dead man talking' and this freaked out my friends when I spoke about my memory of it.

I have come to believe that we are 'part' spirit and 'part' human. When the 'birthing' process was going on during my own birth - I had a memory of my spirit being outside in the waiting room with my Dad. I am sure that in the human brain and memory bank - there could be 'memories' associated with the physical body being in the womb and coming out of the womb - but does that memory mean my spirit was attached to the physical body during that time?

This subject came up on another message board at one time and many felt that since someone had a memory of being in the womb - that meant the spirit was in the womb. Does it?

I feel the reason we have problems recalling a 'past life' is because it isn't stored in the 'conscious human mind' as much as it is stored in the 'unconscious spiritual mind.' The past life memory doesn't belong to the human mind as much as it belongs to the hidden spiritual mind. (When I spoke to 'spirit guides' they always referred to the 'hidden spiritual mind' as a 'secret.')

Sincerely,

DKing

6. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

I did talk to Ocean, who is now my grandson, about a week before he was born. He was quite hurried and said he was busy getting ready. He said he wanted to say goodbye to Pappy.

I was blessed to be in the room when he was born and both my daughter and I agreed it was the same soul looking deep into his eyes. It was the essence of him as we had never actually known him alive, just as a spirit.

The name his father picked for him was not a good choice and my daughter was selecting a new name (although I really think he chose Kai ... I fell in love with the name watching a show before he was born). Anyway, back on track. We tried out several different names and he really didn't react to any ... except when we mentioned any version of Pappy's name. When he did he would make the saddest faces and start to cry. He is normally not one to cry.

Sadly they moved away and I don't know if I will get to see him much. Once he gets a little older I will get Skype so he knows me, and especially so he knows that I didn't abandon him.

7. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

DKing

Your posts are always fascinating and enlightening. Thank you.

8. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

from my pre-birth memory - connection is made in the second trimester or about the 5th - 6th month. The soul makes the connection with the brain, and the brain is not very well developed until the second trimester, so it is not the energy powerhouse that it needs to be until that time, for an energy to energy connection..

9. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

I believe the soul enters at conception. Many of the older books I read back in the day recorded people who remembered entering their cells and going for the nine month (or so) ride. Don't ask for titles, I was in like 4th grade when I read them, so it was some time ago.

10. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

My understanding from all of the books I have read about the research based on what people report during regressions, etc. is the soul usually visits the developing fetus during the gestation or pregnancy but does not become permanently attached until the exact moment of birth. If this is correct then the astrologers have it right. It has also been reported that if the soul decides the fetus is not quite right or changes it's mind then the fetus is aborted through a miscarriage.

11. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

It is my belief that our soul connects to the human body when it wants to. While my reading, like some of the other posts above, has cited specific timeframes and rationales for them my growing sense of the greater picture indicates to me that a soul may do almost anything in any way it wishes to effect its purposes in a chosen incarnation.

Another aspect of this is from some of the Seth channelled conversations: over lifetimes a soul gains expertise at connecting with human bodies; the more expertise, the less the necessity to follow standard practices and routines. This discussion included the topic of lifeplanning, which makes the point...the greater the soul's proficiency at incarnating, the less bound by plan is the life to be lived; likewise the less experience a soul has in incarnating, the greater or more directed is the lifeplan.

At this point, the question takes on the quality of a posit with no definitive answer available, though it provides an interesting discussion.

12. firebird

firebird Registered User

@Edelweiss - Michael Newton's books on past lives provide a comprehensive answer to that question.

13. Aelfgyva

Aelfgyva Senior Member Staff Member

After birth????

As a young student in college, I worked part-time in a hospital as a phlebotomist (a person who draws blood for the lab) to earn some much needed cash for school. After a child is born, one of the first people who sees that child is the phlebotomist to take a blood sample. I was amazed, even at my young unknowning age, at the differences I saw in these less than one hour old children! (I am refering to "normal" birth children)...Some of these babies would look at me with the eyes of an "ancient one"...some, with emptiness. I came to the conclusion for myself, that maybe some souls had not yet arrived. Anyone have memories of slipping in a bit later???

14. smith07

smith07 truth seeker

I share your beliefs. Soul choses the time to bond with the body when conditions are 'right'. There may be determining factors involving past karma, including his/her own and that of the future parents. Also, past life experiences and/or past karmic debts the 'new incarnation' has had with the group of souls he/she will be associated with during this incarnation may be a factor. No one can say for sure.