When or not to tell your child about pl?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jaimie, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, my kid is now the only one in swimming class that wont pass. Has had terrible nighmare of drowning for years and at the end seeing what to me sounds like the tunnel of light. Me and my kids dad do not agree about past life believs. What can I do to help my kid? She is otherwise a tough, cute girl with much humor and is not easily frighten otherwise and does not take stuff too serious. What to do, please?

2. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

At this point in her life, I don't think saying anything can help. In fact, in doing so, it can alter her experiences moving forward. Just as a parent, if you believe that to be the case, you can only provide comfort, which is all anyone can do anyway.

I had nightmares of dying and being taken from my home for years as a child. Nothing anyone could have said to me would have made any sense of made me feel better.

If you daughter is old enough, I'd maybe get her 1 on 1 lessons an d coach her through cause and effect scenarios. I'd explain that if she's afraid of drowning, learning to swim will help prevent that. Kids often panic because they don't know what to do in situations and going over a variety of them along with their solutions can help alleviate fear.

Jaimie and fireflydancing like this.
  3. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Thank you Totoro! :)
    We have tried all kinds of things to get her to get pass her fear of drowning, so we already have and continue to do as you think too would be a good idea, I suppose we just have to keep trying. How terrible you had that nightmare when you were a child. i too had a nightmare about how I died and this went away when I was 7. Maybe my daughter will get pass this age and then she will stop being so fearful if the nightmare does not return, I hope. That she will forget more. Before when she has on her own spoken of things that can be past life related I have only said "OK" mostly because it shocked me when she first began to talk like this on her own, she wasn't old, and I did not know what I was suppose to do in such a situation, what would be in her best interest. Today I just felt stuck and despair as her fear is still so strong and she was sad that she did not make it like the other kids did, saying she hates it/panic when she got water in her eyes and mouth, saying she couldn't breath. I thought maybe, only maybe, it would help her if I somehow would talk to her about this but I did not know how to put it because like you say I don't want to make it worse. When me and my hubby (her dad) been out to the sea or swimming in a pool with her she is always instructing me to keep close to daddy as if she is worried about me too even though I am a good swimmer and don't have fear.
    Thank you very much for your advice, it is good to get someone else's opinion, especially someone with pl memories as well, what is right and wrong.

4. Jack E

Jack E Senior Member

Just let her express herself to you. Make sure she knows that she doesn't need to be afraid to tell you what she's thinking and why she's thinking it at any given time. If those rules are clearly in place and she's totally secure with talking to you about such things, the PL stuff will come out if it's there. There's no need to tell her specifically about the concept of reincarnation or (especially) suggest to her that she might have had a PL, because if she did, she doesn't need to be told about it, and doing so might result in confabulations if she doesn't have spontaneous memories. This case definitely suggests a PL phobia, but never force the issue, it'll emerge naturally if it's there and she's given the confidence to let it out.

KenJ and Jaimie like this.
  5. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

A litte update my daughter has now passed, the swimming teacher would not give up on her and neither did we .she was so proud and happy. I got tears that I tried to hide, being a typical goofy mom

Thank you everyone for your wonderful support

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019 at 4:03 PM