When Two Family Members Die at the Same Time

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by CNP.Zwei, Apr 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CNP.Zwei

CNP.Zwei New Member

The deaths that have affected me most in my adult life, were of 2 friends. Strangely, both died on the same day as the family member they were closest to.

A few weeks ago, one of my friends was found brutally murdered alongside his brother. They were very close, even roommates. They were both in their 30’s.

5 years ago, a friend of mine died on the same day as his grandmother. His grandmother had cancer, and had been battling her last few months at home. My friend, who had been raised by her, nursed her up until the day she died. That night, my friend wrecked his car driving at over 100 mph, and died instantly. It’s as if he had a death wish. He was only 23.

I’m wondering the significance of both of these guys dying at the same time as the person they were closest to. I’ve read that often unexpected/premature deaths occur as a result of using up your karma in this life. But what are the chances of the two brothers using both of theirs up? And could one family member die in order to serve as the spirit guide for another, whose fate was inevitable?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

It's important to keep in perspective that karma is just choice interacting with the universe.

If you work too long without resting you'll end up collapsing because the body inevitably forces you to rest if you ignore the earlier signs that you need it. Or ... If you take a boat out and turn the sail one way the wind tips the boat over, but if you shift the angle of that same sail you are then pushed across the water. That's how karma works. It's not inevitable that the wind will knock over the boat. It's not inevitable that you will collapse of exhaustion. It was not inevitable that your friends had to die when they did due to something they did in a past life or whatever. All it takes to shift an outcome is realizing the full context of the situation and adapting to prevent it. If they wanted to prevent it, that is ...

You see ... on the other hand, it may be that these friends had big plans for the next life together with their family members and both exited at the same time in order to team up for the next time around. Early exits aren't always a bad thing when you see them from the perspective of the other side of the veil.

From our perspective it feels shocking and painful because we miss their tangible presence, but from the other side it may be that they've accomplished everything they intended to do in that life and want to move on to the next thing.

Basically, your friends' deaths didn't take you away from them (even if it feels like it took them away from you). As far as they're concerned you're still connected by friendship. Their spirits may see you (and others) missing them in this life in a similar way to how we think of someone who can't reach us because our phone ran out of battery. From outside of time it's obvious it won't be long before you can reach them again, and the lack of an immediate connection doesn't end or even change your relationship.

Does that make sense?

3. CNP.Zwei

CNP.Zwei New Member

Thanks for your insights, Mere Dreamer.

And thank you for touching on the subject of missing their tangible being. As humans, this is a hard thing to accept even when we know they live on. But I’m not as much concerned with my own emotions about their deaths, as I am curious about how this relates to their immediate family member also dying.

One thing I have to respectfully disagree with... I am not religious, but my views about reincarnation do correlate with some of the Hindu and Buddhist ideas that the ultimate goal when moving from one life to the next should be to better engage with the NOW. If my friends were pulled out of their current life to embark on a more important plan for the next life, this would make living in the now have essentially little to no meaning. And wouldn’t that also mean that every past life is predetermined? In that case, what would be the point of having the time lapse between lives, to reflect, learn, plan and grow? That would be completely irrelevant if every future life were predestined with no regards to what you have experienced.

4. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

There are many perspectives on the matter, but the one place many overlap is in the fact that people can and do experience/plan their lives in soul groups and not in isolation. How that works may be different depending on who is involved, but it seems to be common.