Where do all the new souls come from?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Micjer, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Micjer

Micjer Registered

Excuse me if this topic has come up before, but I couldn't find anything that touches on this topic.

What I am referring to is the rapid increase in population.

If the total population on earth stayed the same over time, the math is quite simple. Simply souls repeating the cycle.

However there is an expotential increase happening. So how does the math add up? Where do the extra souls come from?

I have a couple of theories, but I am interested in others thoughts.

2. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I think it's been touched on, but not frequently.

Part of the issue is also that lifespans are increasing. So if souls are staying around longer, they're "recycling" less frequently, so where do the new people come from?

My own pet theory is that it's possible for a soul to move backwards in time ( as we experience it here) in short jumps after one dies, to perhaps be reborn to a particular person. This was also explain simultaneous lives (not in the true, classical sense though) and my own research seems to support this theory as much of my family seems to have experienced overlaps with their previous lives. This would also keep the "soul population" the same.

The other theory I could put forth is that there's other planets and dimensions that souls could inhabit and that by our increasingly longer lifespans here, that just makes more room for souls that would wish to visit here.

Of course, deep speculation about life on other planets and dimensions is something that's a bit out of bounds for discussion on this forum, but it's one possible scenario.

But I tend to lean to my own theory, or it could quite possibly be some combination of both, or even a third theory that I may not be aware of.

3. Red Night

Red Night Senior Registered

Same place where all the other souls come from; it's just that in the past there weren't enough bodies for seven billion souls, but the more humans we create the more souls whom can incarnate.

Say a new product comes out and everyone wants it, what happens? People have to wait until there's enough available for them, but that doesn't mean those people don't exist yet just because they don't have one.

The number of humans and the number of souls do not equal each other. At least, that's what I believe.

4. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member

I think reality is far more complex than the human brain can comprehend. People tend to assume a 1:1 ratio when it comes to souls here on Earth and souls on the 'other side'. So when we look at the increasing population of this planet, it raises the question - where are all the 'new' souls coming from?

In my opinion, we simply don't know how many souls there are on the other side. There could be hundreds upon billions of souls for all we know, and as 'time' is a concept that we only experience in our human form, then I believe it is possible for every soul to be occupied with physical 'life' in any given moment. Therefore, I am here right now, living my life as Chris - but I'm also there, living all of my past and future lives at the same time! When you look at it from this 'holographic' perspective, then it doesn't matter what the population of the Earth is either now or tomorrow - there is always room for a soul to incarnate when it's 'time' to. ;)

5. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

I posted a reply to this question in the past. See Past live vs Increasing human population

DKing

6. alienstyle

alienstyle Registered

Study Jainism: though I'm not Jain

In Jainism, the Philosophy opines that there are infinite number of impure (non-liberated) SOULS in the infinite Universe. They just wait for the following two things: to reincarnate

# An ORGANIC BODY (not a Robot, even if its body is having a lot of curves that have no mathematical equations)

# The RIGHT ENVIRONMENT - e.g. proper atmosphere in the Planet/Earth.

And the population will naturally increase if more such physical bodies (or embryos) are available with more conducive atmosphere alongside too.

And by the conducive atmosphere is probably meant here, not just the climate or physics-chemistry in the planet. But is also meant, in the broader sense of the term, the Luxury or the Mentally Attractive atmosphere there. With more and more technological luxury items (like for example right now as I'm using the LAPTOP & the WIRELESS-INTERNET) and many other comfort zones being created in the Earth today, the impure souls (the souls having karma, even if it's a good one) can't help jumping into the World again to 'enjoy' out these attractive facilities.

Which too, like the incarnate souls, are increasing.

Think of the Aeroplane, Phone, TV, Mobile, Internet, Wireless Internet, iPad, iPhone, iPod, eReader, etc. Think of the increasing tourist spots & more luxury hotels & rising travel facilities. And think of the similar other things. Which have flourished somewhat from the early last century.

7. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Micjer - Brian Weiss discusses this very thing on his You Tube channel, I remember I really liked his answer. I think it was this video, but don't quote me on that! :thumbsup:

8. Micjer

Micjer Registered

Thank you. Yes you had the right one.

His answer was what my gut was telling me. LOL I really enjoy his work. I haven't purchase any of his books by I should.

:thumbsup:

9. Micjer

Micjer Registered

Thanks for this link. You are obviously good at math and statistics!

10. Micjer

Micjer Registered

Thanks to everyone else that responded.

I agree that our brains can only grasp the basics of reality and how things work. At least some are trying to think outside the norm!

Off topic, but I heard where 1 in 4 americans believe in reincarnation. That is good but it also means that 75% don't!!!:grr:

11. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

Conceivably there are any number of explanations for the possible source of souls in this ever expanding universe of life. One that I like happens to strain the guidelines of this Forum to a degree, but bear with me, just for the sake of speculation.

Assuming that there are 10 to the 80 quadrillionth power atomic particles which are all part of a conscious universe (one of possibly as many universes), each waiting to graduate into higher forms of life. Some may become germs and bacteria, which graduate to yet higher forms of life. Eventually, perhaps, they become organisms, then more complex forms of life, which gradually evolve into human or even higher forms of life. If we carry this trajectory further, we could conceivably enter new realms involving continual long-term evolution as souls with no limit in sight.

Perhaps we are future quantum particles in a yet higher dimension which contains countless others like ourselves. Feel insignificant yet?

I know...It's a reach. But why should we think that reincarnation belongs strictly within the realm of human existence? As our knowledge grows we become less provincial in our thinking, and we reach out to find other villages that we never knew existed; so too we progressively reach out to new continents, new worlds and even new universes. Why not? Why set limits?

The issues of limited souls as an argument against Reincarnation strikes me as the same kind of arrogant thinking that limited our early scientists and philosophers.

12. alienstyle

alienstyle Registered

This 'popular' argument which is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) against Reincarnation, assumes - in the very first place - that the number of souls in the Infinite Universe is limited, fixed & finite.

Does it really match with the Style of the Universe?

Is there any boundary in the Outer Space??

If the Cosmos could be thus unlimited, can't the Souls in it be unlimited in number too???

Nightrain has definitely seemingly well exposed the very assumption part (of this FAQ) as something that may be a MAJOR weakness in the argument.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012