Where is my dog?

Discussion in 'Animal reincarnation and spiritual experiences' started by Twinkling Star, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Twinkling Star

Twinkling Star New Member

Hi

My dog passed just over 2 years ago and I've been waiting for her to be reincarnated. I was absolutely sure she would as we had such as intense bond. No NEW dog has appeared in my life...however when she was about 11/12 I had got a puppy. When my older dog was about 13 I'd started reading about reincarnation after she took ill and I thought I was going to lose her then, however she made a full recovery. I'd read that a 'delivery body' could arrive several years earlier and then wondered if my older dog would use the younger dog's body after she passed and that's what he was here for. My old girl didn't pass for another 2 years by which time my puppy was 4 yrs old.

What confused me also was that I read that there were 2 kinds of reincarnation, she'd either be born as a puppy or do a 'walk-in' to another soul who had agreed to swap. I read that if they did a 'walk-in' they had no memory of their past lives but they were ok with this because they knew they were going back to their previous owner.

Now my issue is my old girl that was very placid, friendly (lab type..loved everyone kind of personality) and my pup is a working bred border collie with a very high prey drive, very much more focused and a little bit OCD…Should I still be able to recognise my old dog in there? ..I mean for example if my past dogs spirit was now doing tin the body of a dog more strongly driven by instinct that she had never done in its previous body? (eg a tendency to want to ’round things up, stalk cars – where before it was so placid it could walk off-lead anywhere).

The only thing that makes me wonder this is...years ago when it was just me and my girl at our old flat I often sat cross legged in the doorway (back door into garden) and she'd come and perch her bum on my knee and press her body against mine for a cuddle. My pup had never done this and never seen her do it as she had arthritis by the time I'd got him and I had mobility issues at the time that preventing me easily getting on and off the floor and being able to sit cross legged..so he never witnessed her doing this for him to copy, while she was alive.

A while after she passed I regained this ability to get on the floor and sit in the doorway to watch him in the garden and he suddenly out of the blue came up to me backed up and parked his bum on my knee and pushed his body against mine (with his head against my chest) like she used to! He's also started a fight with a FEMALE dog, prefers males and after being reactive passing other male dogs when out (while my older dog was alive) is suddenly walking calming past them and ignoring them as she used to! He will be 6 this year and is getting more and more like her in some ways but on the other hand he'd never slept on her side of the bed and she never left my side all night whereas he likes his own space, coming on for a short period but mostly preferring to sleep on the floor (she never chose to sleep on the floor in her life If I was sleeping on the bed so was she, right from the beginning!)

So I'm a bit confused as to whether I'm meant to be waiting for her to return to me as another puppy (and if so why is it taking so long) or whether I haven't found another dog because she is already here in the body of my remaining dog??

Sorry that ended up being longer than intended!!!

Twinkle's soulmate!

2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Twinkling Star. The love shared with a dog is a wondrous thing, something that many of us here have spoken of. Our desire to have that continue after the pet/partner has gone is a natural happening where it is comforting to think in terms of the book/movie "A Dog's Purpose". Whether or not you will be reunited with her is anybody's guess. The leaning on you is a "hug" by the dog, something that is a recognized behavior; nice isn't it!

As for your initial question, "Walk-in" is a topic that is out-of-bounds here so there should be no responses in that area.

3. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Welcome to the forum, Twinkling Star!

I don't know much about animal incarnation, but I hope some others here will be able to help you.

4. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello TStar, welcome to the forum. I too am a profound dog lover, we have five here on the ranch. For many years I was a professional hunting guide (something I find distasteful now) and I trained pointing dogs. My crew of working dogs were apart of me. Slowly as they died off I lost all interest in the sport. Yet my attachment to those faithful dogs has never waned. Lulu, Skeeter, Golly, Max, Moon-doggie, were my heros; they were dedicated professionals who received much acclaim. I miss them terribly and I can still see each of them in my minds eye. I know beyond a doubt we will walk the fields again.

As a deep believer in reincarnation I too often wonder what it means for them. I'm sure the cosmos has a deep respect for them and I, and the bond we had. Will they return? I guess for me it is not so important, much like my views of my departed friends and family. The universe gives to us what we need, deserve, and contemplate... as long as we trust in the great mystery. So I would say this to you, don't look so hard, but sit in awesome wonder of what Twinkle is to you and hold her spirit near your heart. The physical manifestation is only a small part of who she was, and be sure to allow the other pup her own identity even if it may be apart of Twinkle; she too misses her old friend. Many blessings to all of you! ~Tman

helz_belz likes this.
  5. Twinkling Star

oh sorry I didn't know that. I thought it was a type of animal reincarnation?

I'm aware that the leaning into me in a hug but my point was this dog had never done that before until after my older dog had passed and had never seen her do it while she was alive either, but she did used to do it alot when she was young long before he was born!

6. Twinkling Star

Our family belief for human deaths is of cremation, to rise from the ashes to be reborn into the next life though strangely I never thought about it in relation to the family pets and had never heard until these last few years that dogs could come back in the same persons lifetime because their lives are much shorter than ours. So Twinkle was the only pet where I actively hoped and prayed she would come back soon after her physical body had passed.

I've spoken to several Animal Communicators but none have accurately predicted her return and the last said he was unable to make a connection with her at all and refunded my money! They all said very different things which was odd considering they were all meant to be talking to the same dog! I'm unsure as to whether I should believe them but on the other hand that's not to say I don't believe in faith etc as I have had a couple of strange experiences.

A week after she passed I'd got a photo with the image of a puppy in it, there was no dog there to be seen by the naked eye. I only spotted the photo after transferring photos to my computer. I'd been taking photo's of my other dog at the time but he'd just gone out of shot before I'd pressed the button on that one.

I have had incidents where I've felt a dog climb on my bed behind me at night I opened my eyes and could see my young dog on his own bed across the room.
    Also when I've got up to go to toilet at night I saw shadow of a black dog at the bottom of my bed so went through the other door to go into the bathroom, came back to get in bed and pull up the covers and realised he was fast asleep on top of the bed not at the bottom of the bed!

I've been preparing treats or making his dinner and thinking I heard him walk in the kitchen behind me ' here you are then' turned round...nobody there! ...looked in (front) room, not there he was out at other end of garden and there's no way he could have got there in the time it the few secs it took me to turn round after 'hearing' a dog walk in the kitchen behind me! ..I believed what I heard was Twinkle's paws on the lino and the tinkle of her dog tag. So I do believe in spirits but my experience of Animal Communicators has left me in doubt about what to believe about them 'coming back'

7. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Twinkling Star,
    Welcome to the forum.
    I am a cat-lady, not a dog person. I've also wondered the same question. More than 10 years ago suddenly we lost our back cat. Didn't die, but just disappeared one day. Some years later a small, young black kitten came into our house (sick, malnourished but he survived). I sometimes did wonder if he was the reincarnation of one of his predecessors.
    The funny thing is that I would expect the same cat in a new coat. Same behavior, recognition etc. But if we compare this to humans: if we are lucky we recognize each other, but more often NOT. Why would a cat/dog still be his exact former self with complete memory in a new body? It doesn't go that way with humans (in general).
    This is what I tell myself. And still, I left the possibility open that reincarnation took place. (sentiment ;)) because although they have different characters, both were extremely loyal to us.

Twinkling Star likes this.
  8. Twinkling Star

I've always kept the photo of 'spirit puppy' and wondered if it was some kind of message from her. I can't explain it I know I didn't do anything to the photo but there is a transluscent image of a dog laying in the grass and there was no other dog there at the time. Other people saw it (the photo) and said she was 'saying goodbye' as she left for the 'other side', but if that was all why didn't she look as I remembered her so I'd know it was her saying goodbye? I've always wondered if it was a clue, maybe she somehow knows that is what she will look like when she does come back? ..so I'd know it was her even if she looked completely different and possibly even a different sex? At the minute that's all I have to go on, the possibility that was a clue, but with no idea why it's taking so long. (unless she's having another life somewhere else first before she returns to me?)

9. Angorapower

Angorapower New Member

I made the experience with the reincarnation of my favorite bunny Jackie some years ago. He went to the bridge in september 2014 and returned in may 2015. We kept in contact while he was in the afterlife. He told me the month of his reincarnation and it came true. I got lots of photos of baby-bunnies from a breeder in june and I got shocked by looking at the last picture: I felt Jackie*s energy. He looks very similar and his behaviour is exactly the same. The breeder brought me 2 bunnies in a box and I felt Jackie*s energy again in the right box. So I think the most important sign of a reincarnation is the energy.

Jim78 and fireflydancing like this.
  10. rickthompson

rickthompson New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your lost. My goldie left me a couple years back but I haven't gotten another since, still think about him every day

11. Beth A Steidl

Beth A Steidl New Member

12. Beth A Steidl

Beth A Steidl New Member

I have been wondering the same thing. But I think they can come back in any form. When my dog passed, I was devastated. But one afternoon I went out to the barn to feed the animals and found an abandoned kitten. When I brought him in I noticed that he was the same color of my dog, right down to the big brown eyes. As he is growing, he acts more and more like my dog. He loves the same foods, plays fetch with me and does so many things the same as my dog.It is uncanny how similar he is to my dog. I really believe that either Poo ( my dog ) sent the kitten to me because he knew how much I missed him or came back to me in the form of my kitten, Baxter.

fireflydancing likes this.
  13. GreyReynard

GreyReynard New Member

IMHO, at the very least animals have souls/spirits just like us. I had a profound experience with a pet cat. I had a Bengal that had to be put down because of an unknown neighbor leaving out antifreeze. He was my friend, and I didn’t want him to be alone when he died. So I held him while the vet gave him his shots, one shot to paralyze him and one shot to stop his heart. He was shaking uncontrollably and after the first shot he was still. She gave him the second shot which would be the end. My cat who wasn’t supposed to be able to move started to move as if he were having a dream. His whiskers twitched and his ears rotated forward as he always did when I called for him. Then his paws moved as if he were running towards something or someone. Then he was gone. It appeared to me that he had been called home. On that day I decided that if cats have souls and are called home, then people must be as well. That was and is profound to me. I also believe he came back to visit later. Laying in bed you would feel the bed shake just like a cat had jumped up, but no cat when you looked. He did that for several months before we moved. So I would probably say it’s not such an extreme jump in logic for pets to live many lives as some of us do.

I have had many animals in my life, and I am grateful to them for being willing to share this existence with me as sources of comfort and unconditional love. I have certain animals that I dearly miss, but I do not begrudge them their reward for a life well lived. I also see it as an opportunity to welcome new animal friends into my life. These are more chances to share love with more souls who are deserving. I will be appreciative if they choose to greet me when it is my time to leave this existence, but the gift already given is enough for me, if they don’t. Hopefully, you will see your beloved pet again. Don’t let that hope keep you from enjoying your newer dog or from getting new pets either.