Where is my dog?

Discussion in 'Animal reincarnation and spiritual experiences' started by Twinkling Star, Jun 21, 2018.

1. susan chang

susan chang New Member

KenJ, this was so eloquently put – and so heart-warming, I read it three times! I am ever amazed at people who do not understand the power our pets have over us – that the unconditional love they give is not offered anywhere else on earth and it needs to be appreciated. I miss my big boy, Blacky. Blacky truly was my beloved one. There is no way to explain that to people who don’t love their pets as if the world revolved around them. Luckily, you understand and so many others understand and I don’t have to feel alone in my sadness. I will miss him forever… he will never be forgotten. Thank you for writing this – it’s so beautiful.

KenJ likes this.
  2. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello Susan, I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm joyous at the beautiful friendship you had with Blacky. Every creature's journey involves death, it's just a natural and expected part of living, none of us will escape the transition. Sadly our life times do not coincide with that of our canine friends and as a result we suffer deeply. I'm over sixty and have had five beloved canine companions over those years and many more working dogs; the death of each one was a terrible tragedy for me, but I've come to respect it as part of life, as contradictory as that sounds. My advice, for whatever its worth, is to grieve for him, cry for him, talk to him, and most important celebrate him by allowing him to leave and go out into the great Wonder. I'll never let loose of my departed friends, I imagine each of them running free in the cosmic bliss. Blacky too! What a great friend he was.

Blessings ~Tman

GreyReynard likes this.
  3. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Susan, I was unfamiliar with this verse until I came upon it in another thread a few years ago. If you have not seen it I hope that you find it helpful.

4. Ministargazer

Ministargazer Ministargazer

Susan, in 2013 my husband and I discovered a cat and her kittens born in our garage. I wasn't looking for another cat but this cat ended up finding me and now I believe that we have known each other before. I ended up adopting her and two of her kittens. Sometimes animals have ways of finding us.

BenjaminFR and Tinkerman like this.