Why can't i find a past life??

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by WhiteRose, Apr 15, 2019.

1. WhiteRose

WhiteRose Member

Hi ive been having troubles finding a past life that i lived regressions dont work on me nothing seems to trigger my memory i do have dreams of specific eras like medieval but idk if there past life - related can anyone help me on this thanks :)

2. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello there, WhiteRose. Can I ask why you want to find a past life? What is your motivation?

KenJ and Kenz1010 like this.
  3. Li-la

Li-la Senior Member

Hi, White Rose! (Lovely name, by the way). To me it was really difficult too. Because you have dreams of it maybe that is the way you can meditate too, that you have found the in-between-layer so to speak. If you can hold on to that place, that feeling and then try to meditate maybe that will help? Or you are just one of those who simply don't work that way. Maybe you get flashbacks and dreams, and that is it and that ain't too bad. From my understanding you have thought you were various females in position of being a princess or queen? So maybe you are on to something but what is it about it that is drawing you to it? Some type of longing? Something traumatic? Remember you are just as important today regardless if one is royal or have great deal of money or fame.

I have found a pattern in what could have been my past lives. I have apparently found myself in situations where I am female, am inferior to my closest surroundings - often in the symbol of a man either a father or a husband or both. So I am in the battle of adjusting for survival and still wanting to be equal, and at times wanting to revenge. For example one life I was black, some sort of slave but I was bought and married (don't ask me how...) to a man who was not black and by society had a superior position than what I had. In another I was an Indian woman and claimed the same thing. I was "Bought and married" (I mean, what is this?) to again a man who was not Indian like me but of whiter skin color. He too was by society in a superior position. I could go on and on. The melody is that I am being forced more or less away from my familiar surroundings, my family, my home to start a new life with the husband and the demand is that I will adjust. In several past lives I think I was involved with the suffragette organisation in one way or another, but I only have flashbacks of this and too little to come by. I had one where a father figure of some sort was very unhappy with me because of this, the rest of the family could not be seen anywhere and I was basically cornered, afraid and angry. I could see that he did not understand. He just thought it was me putting shame over him and his family and myself. Then again I was marching along, dressed in white, and when I looked to my left I saw behind people being lined up to watch this a man running along, following me, having a big approving smile on his face. I could in that instant tell we were close, but I could not pin down his identity - and the true nature of our relationship, but him doing that for me, for us made me want to laugh and shed a tear at the same time. He was so full of encouragement. He was so sweet. I had to look forward so I could only see this briefly. I could not keep looking at him but I think he followed us a long bit, at least.

Overall I can see that I again and again I have experienced being a female who is physically inferior and in society inferior matched up with a man who hold more power. I don't really know why this is, but I know we were helplessly clashing into one another.

I can say that this pattern has not happened now in my life where I feel that I am in society terms much more equal to my husband. I am still petite (which has always been an enigma in my family considering everyone else is tall, in many of my memories I don't even see like the men's heads if I sit next to them, I see them by their shoulder because I think I was short then too, and I always have to look up) and in a physical struggle with my husband I would definitely loose but we have a loving violent-free relationship so it hasn't happened, thank God.

Sorry this got to be a long answer.

Maybe my point is that you have been in a superior position by society over and over again just like I think I have been in an inferior one and maybe that is why it is difficult for you to know where to look because it is covered in a lot of areas? There must be some lesson in it though, although I have not figured out my own yet why this was such a stubborn pattern, maybe there are many answers to it, many layers?

/Li La

fireflydancing and WhiteRose like this.
  4. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I thought you already discovered a past life or two, WhiteRose... as for why regressions do not work for you, I don't know. Maybe try to make your own audio file like suggested in one of your threads here?
    You also can try binge-listening to music of the eras you feel drawn to the most while breathing slowly and letting your thoughts wander/"pass like clouds in the sky".
    Thoughts are a common problem during meditation or self-hypnosis. Now, you should not try to suppress them as this won't work. Thoughts will come. Just watch them and accept them as they come and go.
    Some days ago I did an experiment. I went back in time, year by year and noted which memory/thought/image came first. I began with my youth in this life, then went back year by year, when I was 9, 8, 7... 0 years old. Childhood memories came. I am not sure how reliable this is, but I got images for 1969 and 1968, too (was born in 1971)... seemed to make no sense what I got for 1968, then I found out that what I saw really existed. Never managed to go centuries back with either music or just "thinking" my way back through the years, though... but it already happened that I listened to very old songs and got triggered.

fireflydancing, WhiteRose and Li-la like this.
  5. Harper

Harper Member

Your current personality does not “resonate” with the lives you are looking for,

Think of it like a radio, you need to be on the same frequency to hear the music right?
    It’s like that,

The lives you resonate with will come to you loud and clear because of the commonalities,

inhaltslos likes this.
  6. inhaltslos

@WhiteRose, not only do I think you’ve gotten some very good advice above, but you’ve been given some very good guidance the year or so that you’ve been here. However, none of these suggestions are going to be effective if one is only looking for quick answers and instant gratification. I remember a lot of your previous posts, posts full of surface information and photo comparisons. This ‘evidence’ alone is IMO not enough (some very strong cases I know of don’t have either of these things present) and I believe this is why these lives you discover don’t stick. It’s like how the saying goes ‘Easy come/Easy go’.
    My advice to you: Stop looking for who you believe looks like you. Stop looking for glamour. Listen to yourself and to who you really are/what makes you tick. Follow the advice you’ve been given. You will get discouraged—-information can come slowly. Not everyone is receptive to meditation (I’m not). This is okay! It could be that you indeed do have a link to royalty or Hollywood stars, which is why you’re frustrated that nothing has come to fruition. But without the proper mindset that this can be difficult, emotionally exhausting work, usually lasting years, you could have a past life staring right at you and not even recognize it.
    I wish you the best of luck!

Klaud, WhiteRose, KenJ and 4 others like this.
  7. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Registered

Dear WhiteRose,

Indeed, you have been given very valuable advice from fellow members, and there is not much I can add to this subject aside from my personal experience: in this very, very specific topic that is Past life memories we carry, unconsciously or not, I believe that the process is not a "top-down" stream but rather a "bottom-up" one (if you forgive me for the business words I am using): I think that looking for information (be them in the form of visions while meditating, or spontaneous feelings and memories) to validate your expectations is sadly not the way to go - I can testify that I had the most profound and powerful pieces of informations when my Ego was shut and silent, and was not expecting nor searching for anything in particular. Only then did the door to the past opened up for me.

I wish you all the best in your journey, and send you my regards !

Benjamin

8. Harper

Harper Member

One thing I’ll add, when you have a past life memory it will feel weird,
    It may not be something you notice when the memory returns, but on review you will notice it,
    The feeling is “unique” and very hard to describe, and is something not given in normal dreams or fantasy,
    There is more content, it’s complex, it hits you deep

9. WhiteRose

WhiteRose Member

thank you

10. WhiteRose

WhiteRose Member

Thank you everyone!

11. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi White Rose! This thought just crossed my mind, could it have been that you were perhaps the opposite of a member of high society? That you could have been very poor. That you instead had a very strong wish to be part of the high society, to be a queen? That you daydreamed about it and so on? Sometimes feelings of longing can be very strong. Just a thought, hope you don't mind.
    I experienced in a past life that my longing to fix a broken relationship was so strong that I would even daydream about it, but it could not be fixed. I could not go back in time to when I last saw him. I wished I had said and done this and that, but it could not be. It was too late. He was gone, had died.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  12. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

In other words, the deep essence of us always remains the same. I lost count how many times I've noticed I haven't changed one bit. I look at myself in the mirror and, physical resemblance aside, I see the same person as before. The same emotions, reactions and character. Nothing of me has changed except more and more experiences. I didn't look for my past, it just came out exactly when it had to. It was no daydream nor it was forced: it was me, without a doubt.
    Gnothi seauton... know thyself. It's the only purpose for remembering that I can think of.

fireflydancing likes this.
  13. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

If you have a small mirror, here's something you could try: Take the mirror and stare deep into your own eyes: Who do you see? It's often said that the eyes are the windows to the soul. The essence of who you are never changes even though your body will.

Like AlexD said, rather than actively seeking your memories, seek yourself and the memories will come in time.

WhiteRose likes this.
  14. WhiteRose

WhiteRose Member

Thats a great idea...

Klaud likes this.
  15. inhaltslos

16. Harper

Harper Member

I have posts in “Accent” that while are tangent to the discussion my also be in the wrong place,

Not sure

You may be interested in one of them

WWI vet here

WhiteRose likes this.