Why do people not want to reincarnate?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by TheDivineOne, Nov 22, 2018.

?

Would you want to reincarnate after this life? Why or why not? (my first poll thread!)

1. Yes, I would like to, love to, or wouldn't mind reincarnating.

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. No, I would not like to reincarnate at all.

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  1. TheDivineOne

TheDivineOne Should've been born a girl...

All across the forum, every time the question arises as to whether or not someone would want to come back, there's, more times than not, a resounding no. I've seen one person besides myself that i can recall on this site say they do want to return.

I want to come back after this life and honestly, i wouldn't have it any other way, but then again, those of you who've been avid readers of my post obviously know why, and I'm guessing my reasoning for wanting to reincarnate are not all that related to reasons why most of you don't really want to. So my question to those of you who don't is... well... how come?

briski likes this.
  2. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

Doubts. Sometimes I think that reincarnation makes no sense and is a trap, but according to what I experienced in self-hypnosis, no one forced me to reincarnate. I wouldn't want to reincarnate because I think the world is cruel, and I'm afraid to witness worse things than I've witnessed in this life and in past lives. For once in my life, I want to find my own way and I want to question some things. I may never find the truth for myself, but it is a need I have. I feel that I have reincarnated many times without thinking "Is it necessary that I do this? When I meet with guides I want to ask a lot, I want to distrust, I want to challenge some things.

I must admit that I once stayed a long time in a heavenly place, but I got bored, and that's why I went back to earth. You don't want to reincarnate, but the need to see something new, to feel other things (though terrifying) makes you think about reincarnation again. Even tranquility and peace can be routine.

At first it's relaxing and peaceful, but then you want to have fun and the soul sees reincarnation as a means of doing new things (Or that was my experience) in that beautiful place I could read, go to libraries, talk to other souls, learn things, like a school. Reincarnating was like leaving school and then going somewhere new, out of the rules and study.

Carloloner, fireflydancing and KenJ like this.
  3. briski

briski Senior Registered

I wish i had memories of the inbetween place like so many do, i know what you mean about the trap. The way i see it. I actually want to reincarnate so i will go into the Archon "trap" I think i will tell them as well that its a trap i want to go into. I mean, i dunno its just the flesh speaking, but i think I'd get bored as eternal conciousness discarnated. If we have choices i think my soul /conciousness is going to change a lot of things up.
    Getting onto the subject of the original post though :) it might be worth doing a poll because i think its more split down the middle tbh.

TheDivineOne likes this.
  4. TheDivineOne

Poll added. Voted. I wish i would've thought to make it a poll before you brought it up though. That makes this my first poll thread since i first came to the site! :)

briski likes this.
  5. snowflake

snowflake Member

I agree with Thyme. Too much cruelty.

80% of sea birds have plastic in their stomachs! I feel so guilty throwing plastic to even recycle bin as most of these is destined for 3rd world countries and ultimately in the sea!
    I stopped eating fish as not only heavy metals, radioactive rubbish from Fukushima and plastic in them. I watched horrendous treatment of slaughtered animals on YT. Shall I continue eating meat? The way the business operate! Recently watched the program on fashion industry being one of the biggest polluters. Who knew? Poor people in Indonesia live near the river where clothing factories are sending down chemicals and heavy metals. These people irrigate their crops with this water, they use it for drinking, cooking and bathing. They have epidemic of diseases, skin problems.
    Yes, just so we have yet another pair of jeans, 20 more tops and clean river near us! Yay! Who cares about other side of the world! We just want to have newer iphon.

I fear the future my young child will have.
    I mean that list could go on for ever.
    No I don’t want to participate in all above.
    I’m new here so I don’t know your reasons so pls explain.

Angie Brown likes this.
  6. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

My vote goes to "insufficient information available at this time".

7. briski

briski Senior Registered

Did you watch Stacey Dooley's show about the jeans? Sounds like it. Quite like Stacey lol not for just her shows. Theres something about her

Angie Brown likes this.
  8. TheDivineOne

I'm transgender, born male. I want to reincarnate so I can experience life as a biological female, in my next life and for the next ten or so lifetimes afterward, no matter how cruel people think the world is.

briski likes this.
  9. briski

briski Senior Registered

Leads onto the question on when we reincarnate how much is still us? Im a firm believer in that conciousness remains the same (ie your thinking) but your flesh suit will be different and you'll generally have no idea you existed before, unless you have opened it up, regression or have had trauma in your last life, + some unknown factor

Angie Brown and TheDivineOne like this.
  10. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

The way I see it ... I have a lot of fun in kindergarten; do I want to stay in kindergarten, or I'm looking forward to go to school?

At he other end of the spectrum ... Do I want to continue going to my daily job, or I want to retire? I don't think this is the case of the reincarnation.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  11. snowflake

snowflake Member

Yes, it was her, but it’s was Fashion’s dirty secrets.

Angie Brown and briski like this.
  12. briski

briski Senior Registered

Those lakes were shocking :(

Angie Brown likes this.
  13. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

I'm done suffering, I've seen the worst and best of mankind and I'm done playing this stupid game, IF I reincarnate they better have good cards for me or force me

I shouldn't even have to live this life, I was clinically dead quite a few times

So, I'm out

fireflydancing likes this.
  14. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

While part of me doesn’t want to come back, a part of me does. I think it’s my underlying desire to make a difference, no matter how insignificant it seems in the bigger picture. As long as I’m striving to make the world a better place, I’ll keep trying. I guess.

And, @snowflake, while women have consistently been downtrodden and beaten through generations, there have also been great women who have risen above the oppression. And, there have been those who have improved standards for future generations.

15. Thyme

Thyme Active Member

I didn't want to talk about being a woman or a man. Nowadays being a woman is not a big problem, except in specific places, as Snowflake says. There are also women who have done wonderful and great things, coming out of a prejudiced pattern. However, I leave the question to some people: What does it mean to be really a woman?

Returning to the original theme of the thread, because to talk about it deflects the theme completely...

We can all rise from the ashes and make great changes for the world, that's true, I think it's a good reason to return to earth (Remembering that we can reincarnate in an endless number of planets, because reincarnation is not just about living here).

Now that I think about it, maybe I'll reincarnate on another planet and then I'll go back to earth to do something productive. When we are out of the body, our vision is completely different. Sometimes I forget that my soul is something independent of my physical body and my personal convictions in this life.

Carloloner likes this.
  16. briski

briski Senior Registered

On that gender thing, with reincarnation many men would have experienced being female in previous incarnations. Because im certain we dont continually stick to one gender.

Carloloner likes this.
  17. TheDivineOne

I've actually been attempting to sway from the whole gender thing since it's come up over and over and over again in almost all my threads but @snowflake in some weird way I both like and take offense when somebody tells me things like "being a woman is hard, painful, etc." for the satisfaction i get out of telling that person i don't care.

Really, though, is you telling me how hard it is being a woman, and detailing the horrors of being such supposed to make me want it any less?

If you think being a woman is so bad try being transgender. Do you think being trans is any easier?

I can't speak for the entire MTF trans population but me personal - I'd much rather (and really want to) endure menstruation and be called "dirty" or "unclean" for it; experience rape, molestation; endure the pain of childbirth (though the thought of all the pain of it terrifies the hell out of me yet i long to experience pregnancy), even a miscarriage of losing a child than to endure the chronic trauma of being uncomfortable in a body that doesn't represent who you feel you really are or should be.
    Not to mention the fact that transgenders aren't exactly a class of people that are loved and favored by society, namely MTF people, who are getting murdered, discriminated against, and face lack of support/acceptance at a much-frequent rate than non trans people and you wanna go on about why being a woman is so bad.

I've said this in the past on this forum and i will say it again - I don't care in the least slightest possible bit about how much "safer" it is being a male or about how men are held at such higher standards than women. I want absolutely nothing to do with being a male... at all.

Getting back to the topic at hand, this was my prime reason for my strong desire to reincarnate - to be female. I wish to know what it's like for the next few lifetimes. I would much rather have an earthly life being female and endure the hardships that come with it than to be in some heavenly places being endlessly happy. Think of me what you will but that's just how unthinkably strong my will to be female is and if you were experiencing what i am you would most likely be thinking/feeling the same way i do.

Is it wrong that I found this post funny? Because I did.
    :p:D:D

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    glia21, Speedwell and briski like this.
  18. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

I am ok with it but being broke and having to take care of family through so much difficulty is a pain in the ***, the next time around I don't want to be broke. Instead of a "normal" Thanksgiving I had to take my mom to the hospital today.... I can only be envious of others who have normal happy unburdened lives of ease and prosperity especially if their family life is perfect with only tiny petty issues to moan about but other wise perfect. The last few rounds couldn't have been great either as the scars are obvious that things haven't been well off nor easy for sometime. I hope that the next life is a one of balance and relative ease at least where health and survival are not the big concerns, the lack of spirituality in this modern society is very concerning.

Sherri Zimmerman and tanker like this.
  19. briski

briski Senior Registered

Looking at the poll right now, maybe you was right

Angie Brown likes this.
  20. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

In response to the question in the title of this thread, "Why do people not want to reincarnate?", one only has to look at/read a few NDE (near death experience) accounts to get a picture of that. Almost without exception, there is a reluctance, even a desperation to not return here.

A few return to their body voluntarily, usually because they are able to see that they are needed in order to care for others, such as spouse or children. Maybe children too, want to return, on the grounds that they haven't had a chance to really live yet. But for the most part, coming back here is only done against the person's wishes, the phrase "it's not your time" or something similar is sometimes used. The implication of that latter is interesting, it implies there is an appointed time, we are here according to some sort of plan.

The process of returning to the body is often described as distressing in itself. In some NDE cases of course the body is suffering from some illness or physical damage which makes the transition from absence of pain to unbearable pain more dramatic. But NDEs do occur in otherwise healthy people too, for example in drowning, or even lesser situations. A feeling of being compressed, crushed, in order to squeeze into a physical body, and the feeling of being confined, limited is not entirely a joyful thing. Oddly enough, on this planet, we celebrate birth and mourn death (in some cultures at least). Perhaps we have it the wrong way around.

Returning to the question, "Why do people not want to reincarnate?", I might use an analogy, such as "Why do people not want to live in a submarine?" or "Why do people not want to live at the bottom of the ocean?" (with due respect for those who do this in their working life) - I think these perhaps reflect the dismay of NDE experiencers on their return. As an answer, one might reply, because this is not our natural habitat, it's an alien environment. Sure, the human body belongs here, but the person inside each body, where do they belong?

Angie Brown, glia21, landsend and 2 others like this.