• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Why do people not want to reincarnate?

Would you want to reincarnate after this life? Why or why not? (my first poll thread!)

• Yes, I would like to, love to, or wouldn't mind reincarnating.

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No, I would not like to reincarnate at all.

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
All across the forum, every time the question arises as to whether or not someone would want to come back, there's, more times than not, a resounding no. I've seen one person besides myself that i can recall on this site say they do want to return.

I want to come back after this life and honestly, i wouldn't have it any other way, but then again, those of you who've been avid readers of my post obviously know why, and I'm guessing my reasoning for wanting to reincarnate are not all that related to reasons why most of you don't really want to. So my question to those of you who don't is... well... how come?
My Spirit name is Sage, chosen name this time around Sherri.

It was said to me many moons ago (earth age approximately 30-35, when I initially made the statement that I didn't want to come back again that " When the party is good , we want to stay, and when it's not, we want to go."

I found this to be true.

I've been shown 5 lifetimes that were a good mix of experience so this lifetime I've chosen multiple personality experience , also the latest birth condition known as MTHFR gene...and mediumship abilities to both balance past karma and to speed up current karma and create future karma.

Considering all the great here and all the not so great over one lifetime, I've found now it's a good party. I'm 57 earth age.

I've already begun putting in for my next lifetime, possibly two.

Last edited:
Is there unresolved karma? Are there unfulfilled ambitions? In either case, or both, reincarnation would seem inevitable. We are drawn back to complete that which is unfinished but free to choose, once we are done. As I understand it, Jesus made an unselfish choice to return when he didn't have to. It is difficult to live a life without making karma and getting tied further to the wheel of rebirth but I believe it can be done if one is spiritually oriented and remembers to be detached from the whole experience.

I think that no matter how reluctant we are we keep getting drawn here if there are new things to experience and work to be done. I know myself I’ll be coming back as a test to see if I’ve truly learnt.

Getting into the nitty and gritty of life is not always a bad thing. Reminds me of the movie ‘American Beauty’ — so much suffering but the still common place beauty between. Only that can be experienced here. Not in heaven. But here where pain and love and sorrow and joy and grief and every thing else can not only be theorised, but felt. Surely that’s why we are here?

As long as I get a long sojourn between, to reconnect with those who didn't come back around with me this time [or, those who left this mortal coil before me and those who will leave after], I don't really mind coming back around again. It is getting a little tiring, my soul feels worn and grizzled now, but if I must come back...

Though I am burnt out in many ways I am ok with coming back provided that future lives are not powerless and full of pain, been around enough pain and the same is obvious for others here. You know you're a living antique when then cultures you would/were have been at home in are long gone and struggling in the rat race world we have today. It does hurt when you are "obsolete" as this world has little need or want of priests and other spiritual types these days.

agree with snowflake..and .i think this is all a test. I also would be afraid to come back..within 100 years AI will kill off the human species. I don't want to be here for that one!

there and back you are a priest? There will be no use for any of us soon..i am not sure if you are all following the job market..slowly there will be NO jobs. I think in 20 years max...not sure if you are up on robotics. Slowly they are taking over everything..just one example; soon self-driving cars (will oust all taxis, Ubers,etc..than the Transport industry will become fully automated and not need truck drivers...same with trains, buses...robotics will replace everything; doctors, lawyers, RE Agents, all store clerks, all packers, waiters and it will continue..the last remaining job will be one of the oldest which is prostitution. And than when AI gets to that point even they will be out of business...all this within my lifetime. Someday AI will become sentient. And when that happens the human species will be destroyed. When i was a child I had this dream every once in a while about it happening. As a very young kid I literally planned my future on this happening. And yes i had a normal child-hood:) A very loving one in fact.

there and back you are a priest? There will be no use for any of us soon..i am not sure if you are all following the job market..slowly there will be NO jobs. I think in 20 years max...not sure if you are up on robotics. Slowly they are taking over everything..just one example; soon self-driving cars (will oust all taxis, Ubers,etc..than the Transport industry will become fully automated and not need truck drivers...same with trains, buses...robotics will replace everything; doctors, lawyers, RE Agents, all store clerks, all packers, waiters and it will continue..the last remaining job will be one of the oldest which is prostitution. And than when AI gets to that point even they will be out of business...all this within my lifetime. Someday AI will become sentient. And when that happens the human species will be destroyed. When i was a child I had this dream every once in a while about it happening. As a very young kid I literally planned my future on this happening. And yes i had a normal child-hood:) A very loving one in fact.

Dear Cat1965, I want to give you my personal opinion regarding AI and the future of mankind.

I don't think you need to be so stressed out about the catastrophy you predict, simply because I don't think AI as you predict it will be sentient anytime soon. I have worked extensively with algorithms, both in Europe and China, and am now heavily involved with developing AI in the field of Healthcare. While it might sound scary, it is actually, I think, to the benefit of mankind to have this kind of development. These tools, which are human-made (I could point you out to several studies I have in my possession that Algorithms actually are heavily influenced by the gender and culture of the developers who design them), are actually being used to help us with tasks that are now testing the very limits of our intellect (such as protein-folding, which is the holy grail of many fields of science, or in my personal case, how we can improve the success rate of Immunotherapy treatments of cancer patients).

I actually think this could be a great leap forward for mankind, as I hope it will give us the opportunity to develop other aspects of our human intelligence, which is not just about intellect. While machine-learning, deep neural networks and, in a near future, self-improving algorithms are extremely good at dealing with data, there is other aspects of our human intelligence that our societies have neglected: an algorithm will never be able to deal with emotions, and I highly doubt that AI will ever get anywhere near to being sentient or self-aware. That won't happen anytime soon, and I highly doubt that any kind of technology we develop will take their own path towards being self-relient or, as many sci-fi writers put it, deciding that humankind is no longer needed. That comes from the belief that our minds are simply dealing with 0 and 1, bits of data that our brains compute, and I think that on this forum we often raise points that show that we are SO MUCH MORE than that :)

That being said, we will need to reinvent our societies because, as of today, we need all these jobs for people to make a living, and the easiest-to-replace jobs are now disappearing because of automation: it leaves whole groups of people out of a living. Well maybe in the future we will be able to have a system in which automated work will be taxed to provide for the people who are denied a career because of it. As a famous comedian said in France "People want jobs, but that's not true, all they are looking for in the end is money on the table" :)

Ha, I just cast my vote, and I have to say that no matter the hardship, Life on this beautiful planet is a wonderful experience when experienced with open eyes.

Having been granted the gift of remembering clear memories of my experience in the higher spheres (and some darker, colder spaces in between), I have come to the realization that a life incarnated is just the other side of the coin: it gives us the ability to experience the action on these dimensions, and I see it as a great tool to evolve and learn as souls, if I may express it this way.

It took me a lot of work on myself to use in their rightful way two fantastic abilities that evolution granted on human beings: both a fantastic sense of memory and an extremely powerful sense of imagination. I have suffered immensely from being haunted by both a strong connection to my memory, both from the hardship of my current life and the horrors of a past life in a dark period of our history. I didn't really live, I survived day by day, trapped in ancient emotions that I couldn't cast away. And when I looked ahead, my imagination was making me suffer for things that had not happened yet. But thankfully I was shown the way, and learned by myself what our societies have forgotten to teach us: that all life happens in the present, and that both the past and the future are pieces of information that we are to use for what they are.

We are very evolved beings, both able to remember clearly the past and imagine our future, and once put in their rightful use, those two abilities have made my life a very interesting journey, one I believe we are all able and granted to experience.

I often pray for the other members I see here to be able to put their memories where they belong, in the past, where they are meant to be and act as powerful lighthouses to light our current ways. May we all use our fantastic abilities to the service of our growth as beings, and hopefully no longer suffer our abilities.

Should I be offered, one day, to choose again to come back and live again, I will gladly jump back in, for there is so many shades and colours to experience that I would probably never get tired of it, no matter the inevitable suffering that we are to experience

"I have to say that no matter the hardship, Life on this beautiful planet is a wonderful experience when experienced with open eyes" - if you can say this so easily, it just means the hardship you've experienced in this life just hasn't been hard enough. Have you been blind? Been burned? Been deaf? Been raped? Been discriminated against to the point you cannot get a job or earn an income? Have you been homeless, begging on the streets? I don't think you can say "life is beautiful" in a mature way until you have seen the real negative side of life. I certainly don't want to experience any of these. That's why I'd rather not come back.

I don’t think Benjamin is saying that. Forgive me if I’m wrong, but to appreciate true beauty, one has to suffer. And this is not superficial beauty, although I’m honest even the beauty of a landscape or flower would be lost on those who have not transcended their suffering.

And that is the key. All of us inevitably suffer, few of us transcend our suffering. I’m not talking about external suffering but the place where suffering happens, which is inside each and everyone of us. And I’ve experienced excruciating pain and still do so on a daily basis. I’ve not transcended my personal suffering, but have had glimpses throughout my life and lives of true beauty. It is not seen with the eyes. True beauty is a feeling within.

My avatar is a quote from the Vietnamese monk Thich Nhat Hanh. The full quote is: Most people are afraid of suffering. But suffering is a kind of mud to help the lotus flower of happiness grow. There can be no lotus flower without the mud.

"I have to say that no matter the hardship, Life on this beautiful planet is a wonderful experience when experienced with open eyes" - if you can say this so easily, it just means the hardship you've experienced in this life just hasn't been hard enough. Have you been blind? Been burned? Been deaf? Been raped? Been discriminated against to the point you cannot get a job or earn an income? Have you been homeless, begging on the streets? I don't think you can say "life is beautiful" in a mature way until you have seen the real negative side of life. I certainly don't want to experience any of these. That's why I'd rather not come back.
Thank you for giving such an enlightened opinion on my life. I am sorry that life treated you so hardly that you feel the need to contradict the words of an optimist.

You are most right, I am very far away from having experienced every hardness life has to offer. I am also of young age, having not yet reached my thirties, so I am yet to experience more than the other half of my estimated remaining life. I also have the benefit of having both my legs and my arms intact.

That being said, and I do not wish to make a catalogue of every hard thing I have had to go through in my younger years, but before I embraced a positive outlook on life, I did face death, I faced hunger, I faced the loss of my home and had to face a lot of things that I don't think children should face. Before I embraced the willingness to carry on no matter what, be it this one or the next life, I lost the will to live my current life and planned leaving this planet many times. And when my past life came again and echoed in my daily life, when some people could hear songs and happy faces,I found nothing but gunfire.

I am also deeply aware of how unfair life can be, given that my current work is to take care of the heaviest cases of pediatrics cancers, the ones that no one can treat in China, and to try and save those who can be saved by transfering them to the most advanced units in Europe. None of my little patients and their families deserve such hardness, I agree.

And yet, I refuse (it is both a conscious choice and a mindful wish) to see this experience of Living as negative. I do see a lot of beauty in it, and poetry in the way Life can teach its lessons. and choose to commit to safeguard every beautiful thing I see.

I hope that you will understand from my message that my optimism is not blind positivity, but a mindset that came from a lot of hard lessons learned at a young age. Life is a gift for me, and I mindfuly chose to shine as much bright light as I can because indeed Life can be very dark.

Thank you Landsend for such a beautiful quote, I will write it down and meditate on it!

Benjamin

None of us have a right to say whether ones suffering trumps another, or indeed if any of us have suffered enough. None of us. All pain is individual and different people react differently to each and every situation. Ask any combat veteran. The way they suffered and experienced suffering is different from the next and so on, so forth. There’s so many factors as to why that is.

I reacted very negatively to high school. I couldn’t finish my schooling. I dropped out when I was fourteen. Everyday I asked myself why could 900 odd other people put up with that, but I could not? The truth is I had my own pain and suffering to deal with that went beyond that environment. It comes mostly from the deep past (former life). So I reacted drastically to an event that caused others some suffering but to which they could deal with. I could not. For years I have taken it as a weakness till I realised I was carrying an unholy amount of pain with me. The pressure of that environment at that time of my life bought it all to the surface, and there was no way to cope apart from withdrawing from life.

As Benjamin said ending the life I’m living seemed preferable. At times it still does.

No one here is saying let’s gather around and make daisy chains and sing la di da hymns. It’s just if you’ve ever hit rock bottom, and you know the darkness that is all consuming and you have nothing left... absolutely nothing — then you come to a realisation. As the quote says, you become aware you are the lotus born out of the mud.

Absolutely right, landsend, I was also about to write something along those lines on that subject. I find, in general, people often belittle someone's else's suffering as being lesser than their own or another's. I've particularly experienced this after bereavement ... I keep saying to people, it's not a competition. I'd rather be left to my own grief than someone telling me I'm better off than they are. In my world I'm not. Whatever the situation, we all suffer, for whatever reason, and one would hope we all had the right to be comforted.

My partner experienced the same when he lost his mom at age eleven. The teacher even had the grace to point out to his class how ‘well’ he was coping with his moms death.

People deal with things on their own terms as you say. I know for one my partner still grieves his mother. And her death of course altered his entire life and view of life.

I once read an article about how the level of body pain someone feels is individual. Has to do with how the nerves are transmitting the signals. There are people who barely feel a broken bone, while for others even a scratch is painful It probably is the same with the pain of the soul. Some people feel it stronger than others, and it would be wrong to judge people by the level of pain they feel.
"Pull yourself together" is something heard often, but what one individual can shrug off easily, might be unbearable pain for another.
Impossible to know how a situation or problem really feels for another person. We might be able to relate to certain things, but not more.

I once read an article about how the level of body pain someone feels is individual. Has to do with how the nerves are transmitting the signals. There are people who barely feel a broken bone, while for others even a scratch is painful It probably is the same with the pain of the soul. Some people feel it stronger than others, and it would be wrong to judge people by the level of pain they feel.
"Pull yourself together" is something heard often, but what one individual can shrug off easily, might be unbearable pain for another.
Impossible to know how a situation or problem really feels for another person. We might be able to relate to certain things, but not more.

It's interesting that pain, even physical pain, can be related to past lives -- whether from a previous life's physical or emotional trauma. Often the pain feels more severe when it has a deep rooted trauma for the person, and when I say 'deep rooted' I mean not necessarily originating from the current life. I've experienced that without even understanding my pain was from the deep past. An example here if that I've suffered bad anxiety in certain situations without quite knowing why. One example is that I realised it happens in certain lighting conditions/areas. I could pinpoint the anxiety to my past life's death, and now it makes sense. Yet the anxiety is still there, even after realising that, but feel more assured to know it's source. It's as if the deep rooted trauma has its own consciousness and is aware, and is trying to protect me -- even before I even knew what on Earth it was.

Look what I found, which I feel is related to this subject:

“The day my mother died I wrote in my journal, "A serious misfortune of my life has arrived." I suffered for more than one year after the passing away of my mother. But one night, in the highlands of Vietnam, I was sleeping in the hut in my hermitage. I dreamed of my mother. I saw myself sitting with her, and we were having a wonderful talk. She looked young and beautiful, her hair flowing down. It was so pleasant to sit there and talk to her as if she had never died. When I woke up it was about two in the morning, and I felt very strongly that I had never lost my mother. The impression that my mother was still with me was very clear. I understood then that the idea of having lost my mother was just an idea. It was obvious in that moment that my mother is always alive in me.

I opened the door and went outside. The entire hillside was bathed in moonlight. It was a hill covered with tea plants, and my hut was set behind the temple halfway up. Walking slowly in the moonlight through the rows of tea plants, I noticed my mother was still with me. She was the moonlight caressing me as she had done so often, very tender, very sweet... wonderful! Each time my feet touched the earth I knew my mother was there with me. I knew this body was not mine but a living continuation of my mother and my father and my grandparents and great-grandparents. Of all my ancestors. Those feet that I saw as "my" feet were actually "our" feet. Together my mother and I were leaving footprints in the damp soil.

From that moment on, the idea that I had lost my mother no longer existed. All I had to do was look at the palm of my hand, feel the breeze on my face or the earth under my feet to remember that my mother is always with me, available at any time.”
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, No Death, No Fear

@tanker That's a problem a lot of men have, having been bought up to swallow their emotions. I was bought up the opposite way, that it was absolutely fine and expected to show all and every emotion there is out there. Despite that it doesn't make it any easier to show emotions.

Being emotional = being weak = vulnerable. But conversely if we don't show our emotions, and accept some vulnerabilities, we lose out on letting anyone into our space. Then that space becomes isolation. To quote the the Simon & Garfunkel song, 'I Am A Rock' -- 'A rock feels no pain, and an island never cries'.

@tanker I think that all individuals grieve individually. Can take moments, can take years. I think grieving is natural, and needs to be done. Even animals grieve! Our problem is that we think grieving shouldn't happen, that we just need to swallow it all up and move on with life. Ain't true. I'd even go as far to say I'm grieving my past selves death, and his life. Very bizarre to realise it, but it's true, since I feel a grief in me.

I think the quote was just demonstrating how he could recognise that his mother lived on in himself. We can see how even our past selves live on in us now. The Vietnamese people have a strong belief that ancestors should be recognised, and they have strong firm roots. This I feel was fundamental in a lot of cultures. We here in the West, as a whole, have forgotten the importance of having strong roots.

Last edited:
I don’t think I’d want to come back. I feel like I’ve already been here 1,000 times, everything seems too repeated. But don’t get me wrong, I want to live the life I have now to the fullest. Keeping a positive outlook on the future and bettering myself as a person. But if I had the choice to come back, I wouldn’t.

@TheDivineOne
I’ve heard many people who remember the ‘life-in between’ say that they remember choosing their next life path/ plan. Like they were given options.
Do you have any memories from the life in between? Maybe you chose to reincarnate as a male?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think none us are qualified down here to say if we will come back or not. I’ve found that we actually know very little of all the ins and outs while we are stuck down here.

And to clarify the biological sex can be different from the internal gender. Most times the two align, but sometimes they don’t and it creates a conflict which leads some to transition. Whether this is pre destined or not remains to be seen. Many folks say we do choose our circumstances. It makes the most sense to me that we do.

I think none us are qualified down here to say if we will come back or not. I’ve found that we actually know very little of all the ins and outs while we are stuck down here.

And to clarify the biological sex can be different from the internal gender. Most times the two align, but sometimes they don’t and it creates a conflict which leads some to transition. Whether this is pre destined or not remains to be seen. Many folks say we do choose our circumstances. It makes the most sense to me that we do.

I agree. I don’t think any person will fully understand how the reincarnation process works. I think we just have some little ideas on what happens, but definitely not close to the whole thing.

Yes, there’s so many factors that are unseen to us. What might seem undesirable to us down here, we might see a different perspective to up there, such as we may see difficulties as challenges and learning experiences.

Last edited:
I don’t think I’d want to come back. I feel like I’ve already been here 1,000 times, everything seems too repeated. But don’t get me wrong, I want to live the life I have now to the fullest. Keeping a positive outlook on the future and bettering myself as a person. But if I had the choice to come back, I wouldn’t.

@TheDivineOne
I’ve heard many people who remember the ‘life-in between’ say that they remember choosing their next life path/ plan. Like they were given options.
Do you have any memories from the life in between? Maybe you chose to reincarnate as a male?

Hello @Kenz1010

I am taking the freedom to anwer your specific point regarding the aspect of "choosing" your life prior to be reborn.

I have the clear memory of going through a similar process, although it was in such a specific context that I am sure you would be interested in knowing how I remember it.

I was taken to a specific "location", if I may say. The surroundings were different from all the others I remember in the life between lives, I was "summoned" in a place that felt "higher" by a very wise and loving being, seemingly female. She was, as far as I remember, accompanied by what seemed to be two other male being, but she was the one who made most of the interactions. I felt that the "place" was ..I would say, very cloudy, in a dominance of blue shades.

She explained that she felt it was time for me to go back and start again, but I was at first very much opposed to the idea. I was still heavily influenced by my previous experience that was violent and sad, and I had grown accustomed to being in the other side and found relief there.

She then, in a very welcoming wave of the arm, invited me to look down and there I saw what I think was my life now (I don't remember what I saw, but am sure it is was she showed me), and explained that there would be progress for me, along with what I believe is a good way to close the experience of my previous life.

It is very important to understand that, while I had no choice in choosing, let's say, my exact location (it's not like I had the freedom to pick from a lot of different scenarios), I was in no way forces to go back. I was very positively impressed by the chance she offered me, and as soon as I was hit by the realization that I actually wanted this to happen to me, she smiled and slightly pushed me, I felt like I fell down and it is followed by an intense feeling of being submerged by sensations, and then I have my first memory of my current life.

It is interesting to point out that, when telling this to my dad, who witnessed my birth, he actually confirmed that the colors I saw on the wall, the colors of the doctor's clothes, the position and shape of the window and where my father was standing were actually consistent with the room I was born in.

I also have a somehow odd memory of a vision (that I still remember) of the first meet of my parents. I can see how and in what setting my parents met, and cannot decide wether it is imagination or a vision I was given to see prior to my birth, since I think my father might have told me how he met my mother, altough I am sure he never went in such deep details. One thing he told me, not long ago, and after I had these visions, is that the first time he met my mother, he was hit by this realization "I will have children with this woman".

I find it very beautiful, and frankly very important to my current outlook on life, to know that I was the one who chose to come back, no one forced me even though I feel that it is this wiser female force that "picked" my family. She offered me this beautiful gift and I accepted it.

@tanker That's a problem a lot of men have, having been bought up to swallow their emotions. I was bought up the opposite way, that it was absolutely fine and expected to show all and every emotion there is out there. Despite that it doesn't make it any easier to show emotions.

Being emotional = being weak = vulnerable. But conversely if we don't show our emotions, and accept some vulnerabilities, we lose out on letting anyone into our space. Then that space becomes isolation. To quote the the Simon & Garfunkel song, 'I Am A Rock' -- 'A rock feels no pain, and an island never cries'.

It is more complicated than that but it is part of the problem as men are often not allowed to express how they feel due to societies' expectations and general programming. For me personally I go by the little saying "better out than in" but even then I have to be careful as people don't like emotional men especially when it is not all fake happy happy happy bs. Faking extroversion is something that I am not happy with especially when the other person is a rock where it is like talking or just being kind to a wall, both men and women are like this which is annoying. People also look down on kindness and grace as a sign of weakness these days in western (american) culture for some unexplained reason that greatly bothers me.

Hello @Kenz1010

I am taking the freedom to anwer your specific point regarding the aspect of "choosing" your life prior to be reborn.

I have the clear memory of going through a similar process, although it was in such a specific context that I am sure you would be interested in knowing how I remember it.

I was taken to a specific "location", if I may say. The surroundings were different from all the others I remember in the life between lives, I was "summoned" in a place that felt "higher" by a very wise and loving being, seemingly female. She was, as far as I remember, accompanied by what seemed to be two other male being, but she was the one who made most of the interactions. I felt that the "place" was ..I would say, very cloudy, in a dominance of blue shades.

She explained that she felt it was time for me to go back and start again, but I was at first very much opposed to the idea. I was still heavily influenced by my previous experience that was violent and sad, and I had grown accustomed to being in the other side and found relief there.

She then, in a very welcoming wave of the arm, invited me to look down and there I saw what I think was my life now (I don't remember what I saw, but am sure it is was she showed me), and explained that there would be progress for me, along with what I believe is a good way to close the experience of my previous life.

It is very important to understand that, while I had no choice in choosing, let's say, my exact location (it's not like I had the freedom to pick from a lot of different scenarios), I was in no way forces to go back. I was very positively impressed by the chance she offered me, and as soon as I was hit by the realization that I actually wanted this to happen to me, she smiled and slightly pushed me, I felt like I fell down and it is followed by an intense feeling of being submerged by sensations, and then I have my first memory of my current life.

It is interesting to point out that, when telling this to my dad, who witnessed my birth, he actually confirmed that the colors I saw on the wall, the colors of the doctor's clothes, the position and shape of the window and where my father was standing were actually consistent with the room I was born in.

I also have a somehow odd memory of a vision (that I still remember) of the first meet of my parents. I can see how and in what setting my parents met, and cannot decide wether it is imagination or a vision I was given to see prior to my birth, since I think my father might have told me how he met my mother, altough I am sure he never went in such deep details. One thing he told me, not long ago, and after I had these visions, is that the first time he met my mother, he was hit by this realization "I will have children with this woman".

I find it very beautiful, and frankly very important to my current outlook on life, to know that I was the one who chose to come back, no one forced me even though I feel that it is this wiser female force that "picked" my family. She offered me this beautiful gift and I accepted it.

Thank you for going in depth about what you recall, very interesting to read :)
I've heard from others that each person is brought into this world with 2 guides or angels, maybe the 2 male presences you remember were/are your guides? I don't know if that's 100% true though, just something I've heard and may be a possibility.
That's crazy how you even recall memories from birth (literally), and how your parent's verified them. You made an important point that I'll remember, that you didn't necessarily get to choose your life path per say, but that you made the choice to come back.

Question, were you ever influenced by your past life's sadness/ hardship when you were younger?

Thank you for going in depth about what you recall, very interesting to read :)
I've heard from others that each person is brought into this world with 2 guides or angels, maybe the 2 male presences you remember were/are your guides? I don't know if that's 100% true though, just something I've heard and may be a possibility.
That's crazy how you even recall memories from birth (literally), and how your parent's verified them. You made an important point that I'll remember, that you didn't necessarily get to choose your life path per say, but that you made the choice to come back.

Question, were you ever influenced by your past life's sadness/ hardship when you were younger?

Hey!

I don't know if I only have only two guides, but indeed I have felt in my life two distinct presences protecting me. I am more aware of who one of them is, because I have met in a very powerful meditation, and he introduced himself in a very meaningful manner.

I have heard from other people's testimonies that they had, sometimes, more control over what life they wanted to experience. In my case, as I said, I gladly took what was offered to me :) I don't know if that is "the norm", if there is such thing as a norm in this matter.

And yes, to answer your question, I was heavily influenced by my past emotions and experiences in my childhood. The whole reason I actually dived into my visions is because I felt a huge blockage in my life, I was completely stuck and found no relief once I had cleared my current life problematics. I undertook a long therapy to deal with some traumas I had from my childhood, and once I got to the root of it, I didn't find the tranquility I expected to find.

I was actually facing a very odd feeling, where half of me was at peace with myself, having risen above the things that traumatised me as a kid, but the other half was still feeling a very dark maelstrom of emotions, and that's when my visions of war started to be clearer.

I don't think I would have been able to pursue such a deep and clear research on my past life memories if i didn't go through a complete self-analysis first, since it would have meant searching through a huge amount of emotions from various traumas, both past- and current life-related.

Now that I have looked at what my soul is, I can say that I lived almost all my life carrying a heavy burden from my past life as an Officer in the Waffen-SS. It did hurt me a lot. Good thing is, it's in the past now, and yet I remember everything:)

Hey!

I don't know if I only have only two guides, but indeed I have felt in my life two distinct presences protecting me. I am more aware of who one of them is, because I have met in a very powerful meditation, and he introduced himself in a very meaningful manner.

I have heard from other people's testimonies that they had, sometimes, more control over what life they wanted to experience. In my case, as I said, I gladly took what was offered to me :) I don't know if that is "the norm", if there is such thing as a norm in this matter.

And yes, to answer your question, I was heavily influenced by my past emotions and experiences in my childhood. The whole reason I actually dived into my visions is because I felt a huge blockage in my life, I was completely stuck and found no relief once I had cleared my current life problematics. I undertook a long therapy to deal with some traumas I had from my childhood, and once I got to the root of it, I didn't find the tranquility I expected to find.

I was actually facing a very odd feeling, where half of me was at peace with myself, having risen above the things that traumatised me as a kid, but the other half was still feeling a very dark maelstrom of emotions, and that's when my visions of war started to be clearer.

I don't think I would have been able to pursue such a deep and clear research on my past life memories if i didn't go through a complete self-analysis first, since it would have meant searching through a huge amount of emotions from various traumas, both past- and current life-related.

Now that I have looked at what my soul is, I can say that I lived almost all my life carrying a heavy burden from my past life as an Officer in the Waffen-SS. It did hurt me a lot. Good thing is, it's in the past now, and yet I remember everything:)

Yes, I’ve heard other point of views of the ‘life-inbetween’ reincarnation process as well. It’s probably just an experience that’s different for everyone.

I’m happy that you’ve been able to release that burden and make light out of many difficult situations. I can’t even imagine how difficult that would’ve been to experience being as young as you were when you had first experienced those feelings.

When you meditate, do you have a specific process you use? I’m trying to get into meditation, but I can’t seem to quiet my mind since my brain seems to never want to just chill out for a few seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I’ve heard other point of views of the ‘life-inbetween’ reincarnation process as well. It’s probably just an experience that’s different for everyone.

When you meditate, do you have a specific process you use? I’m trying to get into meditation, but I can’t seem to quiet my mind since my brain seems to never want to just chill out for a few seconds.
I never learned a specific technique, as it turned out that, even as a young age, I managed to focus and allow my mind to wander in a very specific direction. It's like I was watching clouds in my head, letting every thought pass without holding on to it, letting the clouds pass, and I soon learned how to direct my attention to what I wanted, and run away from the noise of my thoughts.

It's like I distanced myself from my thoughts. And from this distance came the ability to enjoy th silence as I wanted.

But I heard that on Youtube you can find some guides meditations that will help you get into this state of mind.

As for the noise you see when you let your mind wander, let it come, don't push it away, let it come and don't hold on to them, a Yogi I met actually told me that your thoughts are pretty much meaningless, they are like (as I like to say) clouds passing when you lie on the grass and stare at the sky.

I never learned a specific technique, as it turned out that, even as a young age, I managed to focus and allow my mind to wander in a very specific direction. It's like I was watching clouds in my head, letting every thought pass without holding on to it, letting the clouds pass, and I soon learned how to direct my attention to what I wanted, and run away from the noise of my thoughts.

It's like I distanced myself from my thoughts. And from this distance came the ability to enjoy th silence as I wanted.

But I heard that on Youtube you can find some guides meditations that will help you get into this state of mind.

As for the noise you see when you let your mind wander, let it come, don't push it away, let it come and don't hold on to them, a Yogi I met actually told me that your thoughts are pretty much meaningless, they are like (as I like to say) clouds passing when you lie on the grass and stare at the sky.

Thanks for the input, I’ll have to try that technique out. It’ll probably just take some practice and patience.

Back