Why Do So Many People Claim To Be Famous In A Past Life?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Sunniva, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Aelfgyva

Aelfgyva Senior Member Staff Member

Thank-you...

all...! It's amazing! :laugh: I'm happy!

2. Eevee

Eevee Administrator/Archivist Staff Member

Wow Karen, now I must definitely read Utopia!! Amazing that you remember being Alexander, and T. More, and afterwards finding confirmation in More's work about Alexander's conquests and his 'Utopia', or worldview. I sat on the tip of my chair reading about your findings! A brilliant idea to look that up! It must have been a relief and a HUGE confirmation to see it there, even if it is subtle!

3. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

@Eevee

No, it wasn't a relief at all. It scared the asterisks out of me. I think it was like "OMG it's true TILT TILT TILT" and I kept not believing what I was seeing and minimizing/denying it and feeling I had way too much emotion to properly weigh it and then I had to flee.

As the man who was a formerly a newt in Monty Python and the Holy Grail says: "I got better."

Re reading Utopia -- warning -- it's really not a novel. You know what it reads like more than anything? The background notes a science fiction/fantasy writer puts together about a culture in preparation for writing a novel set in it. I know from doing a few in this life.

The other thing is, you won't see the Alexander traces unless you are fairly knowledgeable about the history. BTW I read somewhere about someone finding one or more references to the Iliad -- which I held as my "Bible" about how to be in that life -- in Utopia, but never spotted them myself. Possibly in this life I don't know the Iliad well enough. In that life I had it memorized from end to end by the time I was nine.

4. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

Answering Eevee Part 4

...because the Gods know I haven't hijacked this thread enough! (Can mods split them?)

Before I get to the toughest question to answer, further to letting your story go where it will when you write: I think all the best writers do this. I remember the sf/fantasy great Gene Wolfe saying, “I know my subconscious is way smarter than I am.” Further to that: many if not most historical novelists, especially the best ones, write at least in part from PL memory. The obvious example would be Taylor Caldwell, though she denied it to her dying breath.

Even further: my fantasy works are not 100% Alexander. The longish flights of legal geekitude in them, plus certain things about being imprisoned and likely to be executed, are pure Thomas. And I suspect other PLs that I have not remembered yet also figure.

Yes... and I write this with great embarrassment... it’s not just that we parted ways. It is also that 1) I learned that said ex is, let’s say, less than scrupulous about truth, 2) I learned some of her memories did not match parts of the history that are well-established, and 3) I think I led her into thinking she was who we thought she was in the first place, and she was happy to claim it, because... eh, let’s just say, the relationship had some dysfunctionalities and some co-dependence. We broke the rule, which I didn’t understand as well then, that each person should be their own discoverer of who they were. Desperate for confirmation, I wanted badly to think that people in my life had been there in that one and could help with remembering. Between that and my self-esteem problem influencing my choices of friends and, em, life-partners, I set myself up for deception.

This is part of what made me flee the whole thing for a while; before I figured out how to separate the wheat from the chaff, everything seemed cast into doubt. Now I’ve marked some things in my records as compromised, and I never break the aforementioned rule. If I’m ready and there’s good reason to find people who were in my PLs and vice-versa for them, it’ll happen.

Parting ways with her turned out to be a very good thing, so no need to be sad for it, at least on my behalf. The happiest years of this life began then and continue to date.

The take-home point: in your journey of self-discovery, do not lean too much on other people. I can’t emphasize that enough.

Thanks for your questions, Eevee, and if you have more, ask away.

5. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

Recorded history is not always correct. Sometimes it has been "washed" so to speak.

For example, let's say people who live not too far from here come back into a new life and have memories of watching a certain vehicle being shot down, of picking up debris for miles.

Now, if they went to the history books none of that would show. In fact, what they read would be quite different.

Wanna take a wild guess who is right?

Please write that book about the tapestry, I would love to read a real account of what happened, and I am sure many others would, too.

Self publishing is easy to do. Writing is the hard part :) And please if you do write the book put a link on the site so I can buy your book.

6. Eevee

And thank you for your honest answers, Karen.

Yes, that must have been tough. And an immense task to sort it all out again, what was real memory and what details were influenced by the (then) present relationship. And overcoming the doubts about other possible Soul-connections then, and their possible presence now.

And BTW, I think you have shown your readiness to remember by your thorough and honest investigation, and like him, you don't give up! Great messages I got from these posts of yours!

And about More:

Very understandable for a first reaction. But afterwards, after deep breaths, clearing the head, etc., it must have brought you further on your path? It probably took a while before you could grab the consequences of your discovery. I think, if something like that happened to me, I would spend days, weeks, months, going over the writings over and over again. But I guess then I would feel like if a lightbulb was on in my head, or so, there must come a moment when you can't deny anymore what you see? Making it public is something else of course....you are very brave, Karen!

Eevee

7. Eevee

BTW, I agree, both Karen and Aelfgyva should write their book!

8. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

Writing those books

I already am writing mine. I'd give you the link, except for one thing: I am presenting it as historical fiction, and not bringing up the PL part, so don't want to connect this forum to it. So if you were praising me for being brave enough to be open about it, Eevee... I'm not that brave. Or more exactly, I'm being practical. I want it to reach a wide audience and from what I've seen, I think I'd lower my odds of getting help doing that by making the claim. I know someone who published a book in which she shared her memories of being Guinevere... as in King Arthur, yes, that Guinevere... but from what I gather it didn't do all that well.

Or let's put it this way: if you know a little bit about a historical figure, enough to think his story might be fascinating, then read a novel about him that puts you right there, as if you've gone back in a time machine and you're in his head and it all fits together and make sense and has the ring of truth--you'll come away from reading it with a solid and lasting impression that that person was just as he was portrayed in the book.

If, on the other hand, you read on the book jacket that the author is claiming to have been him in a prior life, your first thought is "Yeah, right" or "Let's see the proof." (I'd bet a good percentage even of the people on this forum would think that... heck, I would. I did with Guinevere.) And because you feel that suspending your disbelief as you read the book, the way you do naturally with fiction, also requires that you accept that the author really was the person, you feel like that's asking a lot, and you're not going to suspend it so easily. You're going to read the book hesitantly, judgmentally and suspiciously, looking for errors or inconsistencies, not letting your emotions get into it, rather than just jumping in and being immersed. So it just won't touch you as much.

Hence my decision.

I actually started writing it back in the early naughts, but my doubts plagued me and I didn't feel I was doing it well enough. I gave up and went back to fantasy for a while. Now... my job is to learn to apply my long-practiced fiction skills... and habits... to something I am not making up but remembering. It's harder than it might seem. But really, it all comes down to my emotions about it, and I'm getting them closer and closer to the right place.

9. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

@Eevee again

Actually that's easier than you'd think, now that I'm not blinded by... well, you know how relationships can have myths? Those. The clarity and the rigour felt very good... like a splash of ice-cold water on the face, or the purifying tiredness after a hard workout. To me truth feels like something divine, always has, so I am ultimately happier to be returned to it, even if there's some pain involved.

You've inspired me. Scaring up an online copy of Utopia right now!

Thank you so much for your support :)

10. Eevee

Hi Karen,

By being brave, I was thinking about brave enough to share in public, on a forum. That already is quite something!

I can understand very well your decision to write the book as historical fiction. I can't explain in a few words how I see it, but that way both believers and non-believers in reincarnation would read it and be unbiased in their judgement. And I think it is also an easier way to go deeper into the emotional side, and that is mostly what makes a book attractive, not the bare facts.

Success!! :)

11. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

Good question shadows. It could be that someone who was 'famous' before, might decide they really didn't like fame all that much and want to be more private the next time around.

I guess it depends how famous they were and how it all went for them? Also, yes, a lot of musicians and artists have no interest in fame, only in making their music or art, but it happens anyway. Another one of those 'individual personality' things I suppose.

12. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

Yes Mama, you're right. 'History' can never be complete anyway and there are a thousand stories behind each 'famous' historic event that will probably never be known. Especially as KarenF is saying, the further back and back you go in history, the less evidence remains.

One test of a claimed famous past life is always how much 'private' stuff does the person seem to recall? People who are faking it (intentionally or otherwise) tend to focus on the most public and well known elements of a famous life. Whereas in the lives of most people, even the most famous, it's the private stuff that is usually of most personal significance - the loves, the families, etc. But then, for the very reason that these bits were 'private' and not well known, they are the most difficult to verify. The Catch 22!

A book about the tapestry would be fascinating. You could say it was a 'what if' 'historical fantasy' book perhaps? An imagination exercise? It's a shame that people have to lie about these things ... but that is the world we have at this time.

13. Aelfgyva

Aelfgyva Senior Member Staff Member

In the Beginning...

You all are so inspiring!!! I sat down this morning and started putting a few words together for a book, not just memories in a journal. I think I will do it! One of my very good friends has written and published, he also said it is not difficult. What I do find difficult is...I have spontaneous memories, which means that when I start to write about these memories, I have more...and that brings me emotionally in and out of our "real" world. Yesterday, just writing here in forum, prompted more memories. I get so lost sometimes that it takes hours to come back...but as I said...I sat down this morning and started what might be the beginning of a "What If??" book...

Here for you all my words from this morning:

Tournai (Doornik) Vlaanderen. ca.1050-52

* I hear my father's footsteps on the hard stone floor echoing like a drum in my belly and I feel fear. My nurse pulls me gently and instinctively closer and quickly pushes my hair under my linen haube... she says my father must not see my hair. We are sitting on a very cold stone bank by an open window, and the warmth of my nurse's massive body is a comfort to me. My mother is dead.I don't know what dead is... I see him coming now, dressed in a long black robe with a square hat on his head...his curly grey hair on both sides. He is with many men, but only he has a hat on...my nurse says he is important and that I am lucky...I don't know what important is, or lucky. He does not like me...I know it and that is why I am afraid. I have seen what he has done to animals he does not like.

I will not write my "book" here in forum, but will keep you all informed about where and when. It is also hard for me to write in English although it is my mother tongue. I have been living in Europe for over 34 years, speak 3 different languages...but none, not even my own, 100%.

Thank you all again for your inspiration!

14. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

You go girl

Great start. The question the writer always wants to know is: "Do you want to keep reading?" Unqualified yes from me. Your English is good enough that a little work by an editor is all it needs, same as lots of other writers :)

15. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

Guilty as charged as Simon the Christ son of Ishtar the Malta slave (2BC-65AD). Personally, when you have the right name right location and the right time, it is alluring to assume that you were a famous man case closed. At first I thought of myself of Jesus the Christ for I thought there could be only one man of that era who could be called christ. I'm not going to say his name but an alledged reincarnation of a Desiple reconized Simon the Christ yet mentioned my pastlife behaviors match that of Simon Peter.

Another was a Noble named Xiang due to such a rank.

16. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I think the overall feeling has been like being a curiosity. I've had some people I start having a conversation with and then they disappear. Then there's people that want to know scandalous details of things and I really don't think that's anybodies business to be honest because in my mind, everybody is just a person and how would that person (whose asking) feel if the person in question was their own mother? And then the nasty emails..

Ah well, it can't be helped I suppose. But I also don't advertise directly either; the only traffic I get is from search engines. I think if you were just posting here (as you do) or not posting something specific (like a name or place) you should be ok and away from the negative nellies on the internet.

Why do I do it? I think because it makes something intangible tangible. And to segue into the comments about proof, it's what I need(ed) to do to be able to step back from it, take a deep breath and believe in it.

Considering I have two FPL, the bar of proof was much, much higher in my eyes. I am not someone to simply sit back and say "yea I was famous!!" and I think that it was setup that way, in that I would have to work as hard as I did to uncover my first past life. The reason being, that work made it tangible to me and it allowed me to believe that the source of finding out about that life was me (it wasn't).

But once I had done the work, I believed in it and myself and that's why my second life was just told to me, literally. Because at that point, I was on board. I never would have been here on this forum or interested in reincarnation, had I not been pushed. And for the record, had it turned out I was a Malaysian garbage man, I would have been ok with that.

Being on this forum has taught me a lot though. I've found out that there are many, many people, for reasons that are their own, simply don't participate or post. And maybe they feel like you or others in that they don't want to feel weird, singled out or made fun of. So that's also the other reason I blog and post about my research and that's because I hope someone will connect in some way with something I've said or researched and it will give them some insight or meaning into their own research.

17. we-R-one

we-R-one New Member

Hello, I'm kinda late on the discussion here, but wanted to add some insight from my own personal experience of being a famous person in a previous life.

I do get tired of hearing/reading the negative connotations that people say in regards to others claiming past lives of well-know individuals. I think we need to get away from the typical cut and paste responses that have a tendency to throw out anyone's story who claims to be a famous person. If we truly want to learn more about reincarnation it's important to consider all claims as most likely we have all played a well-known role somewhere along the same lines, it's just that most can't remember who they've been.

I find those who make the snide remarks in regards to people claiming to be a famous person, don't necessarily understand reincarnation, and have never taken the time to explore the individuals story or anyone else's for that matter, hence the cut and paste response. You really have to look at each situation from case by case basis and draw your own conclusion. I had one guy say to me...."of course when you pay someone they're going to tell you you're someone famous." I believe if he would have taken the time to learn about my story he might not have been so quick with the typical regurgitated response. The funny thing is....I actually think I know who he is in a past life as he himself once played the role of a famous person and because I know who I am, I've been able to figure out some of the people around me and that's what starts happening if you know what to look for.

I would actually encourage people to ask when they have a reading done or a past life regression to find out if they were a person of notoriety...why? Because it's traceable! I was lucky to find out that I was a famous person as that was the life I was remembering.....You see when you're a well documented person I think it makes it easier to see the resemblance because you have the ability to match more objectives compared to being an ordinary individual which we've all been at some point or another. This is what has happened to me, and the way I found out, who I was...how the whole scenario played out, makes the story even more compelling, imo, which is why I want to share it openly as it could help others feel more confident about their experiences and/or encourage them to look more closely at their own situations in a new light.

I'll come back with more info, but want to catch up on reading the rest of this thread. Thanks for letting me share.

18. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

The notion that Alexander The Great has reincarnated as a housewife is ridiculous. We all have our stations in life because we need to learn, Alexanders station has been consistently impactful and that's his karma to deal with. His sharp mind and big ideas remain but they have been his undoing in his current life. He fought the British Empire to a stalemate in his last incarnation. Alexanders violent impulses have also been his undoing and has been in life after life. In his last life he was called the greatest leader of his generation and in his current life he learned just how wrong he has always been. The only positive he can see is that his heroes he tried to emulate in his current life had a humanistic outlook so Alexander was able to decide not to fight a certain evil because it would have created a greater evil. Once his life lessons illustrated that combating evil always creates evil his conscience was awakened. Now he is paying for millenia of killing. Karma put him on this path and it didnt happen by standing in a kitchen baking cookies. It happened because of conflict as is usual with Alexander.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  19. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

HI Jim78 -

You stated -
    Why? What do you base your opinion on? Are you familiar with the work of Roger Woolger who has documented case after case of extreme opposites? Some regressionists state that this is how we learn. They have also documented many cases of people who re-run life time scenarios or are in denial.

somesurrealkid likes this.
  20. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

I guess it is his special way to talk about himself being Alexander?
    ;)