Why Do So Many People Claim To Be Famous In A Past Life?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Sunniva, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Active Member

Alexander does go to extreme opposites but they are born out of conflict. For instance he has been a rebel in his last three incarnations that I know of, not a conqueror. He has lived with the shoe on the other foot. I ask you...what spiritual reason would a mind such as Alexanders have to spend an anonymous life besides deciding not to fight? It's a talent for war that brought him back to it again and again. It's that feeling of destiny that justified his behaviour for himself because he thought he was being propelled by the Gods or God or whatever iteration he believed throughout his incarnations. It wasn't until he realised that destiny wasn't enough that he was able to make the right decision and stop engaging in war. Humanistic ideals hit him with a different morality, one in which he could envisage the evil which he would help to create. Alexander has learned at his own pace. How can anyone say whether it was too slow or too fast in spiritual terms? I don't have all the answers anymore than you do, all I know is that Alexanders current incarnation has been morally challenged and taken to task for his thinking. He probably deserves it after all the mayhem he has caused. History calls him a genius but I would call him an ***** for not being aware of his own ego.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2017
  2. somesurrealkid

somesurrealkid New Member

I think people claim to be famous so much because they're just easier to research and it's often famous people who define a time period.
    For example, t's easy to mistake a drab medieval life as being some fantastical king's because that's what comes to mind for our modern brains when we think "medieval".
    It's just the logical train of thought because of our tendancy to stereotype time periods, and at that to stereotype them with famous people of the time.

To take it a bit further, I think the best way to tell if someone actually had a famous life is if their memories aren't what you'd think would be important and don't seem to "crowd please." As in, they deviate from our popular conception of them. After all, many famous people's life stories tend to be twisted and exaggerated for the sake of making them sound more legendary and special than they were.

Like, if the person can name the cons of that life with the pros, remember the personal details before the obvious ones you could get off the person's biography, and remember things that aren't commonly known about the time period they were famous in, that shows that they're not just regurgitating information they might've seen before.
    At that, it shows they are remembering a PERSON and not getting carried away with the romantic idea and famous personalities of a time period that they may or may not have once lived in.

I acknowledge that this is all real rich coming from me. This thread is just very interesting so I wanted to contribute to it.

AlexD, Jim78 and Deborah like this.
  3. Jim78

Jim78 Active Member

I don't claim to be famous because they are easier to research somesurrealkid. I gained PL memories before I did any research.

What happened to me was I went for a burger and a pint and I ran into history. I was really annoyed at big events being thrust upon my shoulders when all my brother had to deal with was his job. I wanted answers.

I got them for my sins. I was absolutely stunned at who I was in my past lives. I didn't think what I was doing in my current life was any great shakes. It was just a fight I was involved in. I didn't place myself into the league of 'great' men of the past, my existence did. It turns out it wasn't particularly hard for me in my past lives either.

I read back on my first two posts I put on this forum and I realised that I said more about what's bugging me about my most famous life back then than I've ever said on the forum since I joined. That means my FPL is stifling me and stopping my exploration of it, simply because I don't want to loose credibility by coming off as a nutjob. Besides, my most famous PL is embarrassing. Two reasons not to go into it.

For anyone with unknown past lives I'll see you one PL and raise you an FPL. I fancy loosing one of my lives.

Spirit Sword likes this.
  4. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Member

I don't know why so many people claim to have been famous, especially in the case of really popular figures with many claimants to the same name. Maybe it's an honest mistake from being close to or admiring that person in the past, maybe it's one of those weird instances where new souls seem to take other peoples' PL memories in order to help them learn and adjust, or maybe it is just an attempt to gain attention or to feel important.

As another person who has been famous in the past, I find the culture surrounding famous past lives to be rather annoying. I HAVE the memories, I HAVE the subconscious responses to past life-related stimuli, I even identified information that there is absolutely no way I could have come across previously in this lifetime. I told myself again and again and again that it was not true because so many people think they were famous, but how many of them actually could have been? But now that I have finally accepted this as the only possible solution (beyond myself and everyone else on this site being mentally unwell), I cannot come out and speak about it because there are too many false claims to fame, too many stigmas surrounding it.

Fame is just a societal judgement, usually based on what family a person was born into or how effectively they conquered others. In my experience, famous people are no different from those who go unrecognized. They often do not have fancy traits or a sense of destiny about them; they are just people.

Jim78, somesurrealkid and inhaltslos like this.
  5. Jim78

Jim78 Active Member

I know myself, Spirit Sword, that people probably claim FPLs to feel important but the truth be told, I feel less important since I found out who I was. Its affected my self esteem. Also because of my relatively newfound belief in reincarnation I've been marginalised in life. Reincarnation is too strange a concept for anyone I know to accept. In my case it would be much easier for me not to have PL memories. All they've been is a traumatic bloody nuisance.

I find the culture around FPLs annoying too. I don't like to be lost in the mix. I don't like that my torments and trials should be reduced to being 'just another claimant'. My memories are more consuming and personal to me than that.

Like you I'm apprehensive about speaking about my earliest life. My later lives were only really famous in one country or amongst history affectionados. Yet my earlier life is known worldwide. And I do feel stigmatised as being a part of the tin foil hat brigade.

Your right, famous people are just people. It would be nice if those in my life realised that. I might actually be able to talk about what's bothering me.

6. Karen25

Karen25 New Member

I think many people have so ordinary and unremarkable lives, they think that they are 'resting' in this incarnation, cuz their previous life was full of events. But, unfortunately, they are just boring or scared to make a change. So, they find an excuse to their inertia.