Why Do So Many People Claim To Be Famous In A Past Life?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Sunniva, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I can relate CherryBunny. I also feel territorial about my past lives. A vast unseen history was opened up to me with past life memories and it made everything make sense. Its a heavy burden for me and I'd love if other claimants could genuinely take the weight of it...but they can't. I am who I am.

Interestingly I have met others from my soul group who were also in the history books back in the day and their roles in life and relationships to me make complete sense in the overarching scheme of many lives lived and learned from. Many parallels exist in all of my soul groups many lifetimes journey. Many of the roles are similar or comparable too. I hear very few fpl claimants speak of their soul group. Its as if their past lives existed in a vacuum and other souls don't usually come into play over and over again. That's not been my experience.

I wonder, have you had current life encounters with soul group members that had a continuance from your FPL? I think that would be a good indication that you were that person. I loved Kitty Kiernans soul in my past and current life incarnations for instance. If another claimant ever claimed to have loved Kitty there would be cyber fisticuffs. :)

Spirit Sword and CherryBunny like this.
  2. CherryBunny

CherryBunny Dolce Faccia

I have very strong suspicions that I have at least known one. In fact, he is the only one I have ever been completely honest with about my experience. I was in a relationship with him when it happened. So he was the one I went running to when I was scared and overwhelmed and had no idea what was happening to me. Unfortunately, things did not end well for us. It wasn't until much, much later that I even entertained the notion it could be him. Honestly, everything does point to it, down to his birth time, as well. I just never drew the upon the similarities at the time. He also posesses a very strong physical resemblance to who I think he might have been, and almost the exact same personality and charisma. I also had a very bad, possessive and violent fate with this person in my PL. Still, it is hard for me to trust my intuition 100% about it, since my present life's emotions with him have been so strong and complicated. I worry that I can't fully be objective about the possibility because of it and that I might be projecting this life's experience with this man to that life's experience with another man. He was this life's greatest love for me and that could also be why I might try to make him fit into being the greatest love of my PL too. So, I can't be sure.

Edited to add:

YES. A heavy burden is exactly how I would describe it. A heavy, frustrating burden that I can't openly share with people. :(

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  3. -HM-

-HM- Senior Registered

I think this is a lot of it. Obviously there are going to be people making false claims as well, but I “knew” who I was in at least one of my PL’s before really knowing...as in I didn’t really know about past lives but somehow knew that I had been around before and had a strong sense of knowing what I did. It wasn’t until I stumbled upon an article about my PL that I put the rest of the pieces together. Also, seeing my photo in that life, I got the strangest feeling, like I knew that was my face, yet it isn’t my face anymore.

My PL is more infamous than famous, not really one to brag about, but I am glad in a way because that information is out there to compare memories to. I can see a few photos and notice a resemblance. I can compare my handwriting, ect. Not everyone is that fortunate.

The downside is, every time I share things on this forum, I feel the need to be vague or avoid sharing any detail that might give away who I was in that lifetime. I don’t really want to share that information. I don’t want to be made to prove anything and I don’t want to be seen as seeking attention. I just want to discuss my past lives like anyone else here, but because that information is available to me, I’ve been able to put more pieces together from that lifetime than most of the others I know of.

4. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

That is exactly how I feel! But as I have been on here, I am slowly becoming more comfortable with the idea of sharing the whole truth with others.

Kalos, CherryBunny and Shiriya like this.
  5. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I understand CherryBunny. I can't share everything that's happened to me in my current life and I find that frustrating. My current life experiences directly impacts my past lives and how I view them...yet because of the nature of my current life I can't share the details of what and why I've learned. Just vague references to old loves and sociopaths. Its not enough really...but its the best I can do. I'm not that shy about my fpls though because they are done and dusted. Those lives are in the past thus easier to talk about.

CherryBunny likes this.
  6. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

I just stepped on Dolores Cannon's concept of "imprinting" into one soul's memory the content of one or multiple lives experienced by various other souls, from a library of actual lives. This would help prepare one soul for their next incarnation when their own past lives wouldn't be enough to have them prepared. Those imprints would be like actual lived lives from the soul's growth perspective, but wouldn't have any karmic effect.

This would explain why different people seem to regress to the same past life of a historical figure. This would also explain seemingly simultaneous past incarnations.

I neither accept, nor reject this past life "imprint" idea. It's new to me.

fireflydancing likes this.
  7. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

It is, indeed, an interesting idea. I've heard it before, a regression therapist told me that it's sometimes hard to distinguish between "your own" PL memories and those "imprinted" because you're being honest in both cases. He went on to say that an important factor is whether these memories overwhelm you with strong emotions or you experience them as if watching a movie. Like avoiding touching a piece of hot coal, we all do but it's not the feeling of burning that protects everyone - some got burned themselves but for most it was watching others getting burned in order to learn.

8. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

Me too, exactly.

9. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

I’ ve heard about this theory. The problem is: why bother to get an imprint, if you are not going to remember it anyway??

10. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

In the book, the regressed subject explained that his current life was his first incarnation, and he needed imprints to prepare him for that.

Humans' forgetting who they were before incarnation, is explained to be caused by the soul's intense focus (especially during their first two years of earthly existence) on learning to operate the physical body, and to operate on the physical plane, which pushes back all the other memories and knowledge, that still operate at subconscious level.

My belief is that the time and space featured by the physical plane make necessary the memorization as we know it, while on the non-physical planes, where focusing anywhere in time and space is instantaneous, the learning is less conscious memorization and more imbibing with knowledge, an evolvement (the process of evolving).

11. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

I understand. But still, this people get an imprint and as soon as they are born, they forget all that stuff.

12. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

That that is is ...

If you really want to remember now, to access your subconscious knowledge, lived or imprinted (if there is something like that), ask for it while in an altered state of consciousness, in a light trance! You'll be surprised.

There and back again and Kalos like this.