Why do we do this!!??!!

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by SeaAndSky, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Ocean

Ocean Registered

Hey SeaAndSky,

oh, I love your username! Actually I wanted to tell you so. Your new avatar pic is sooo beautiful! Could be mine ;-)

Yes, we have definitely something in common here.

That's so true for me also.

You speak so much right from my heart! The big space, the horizon, the brightness, sunlight reflecting from the white sand, the sky and clouds and the incredible blue of the water ... I feel like the bigness and brightness is just something my soul needs to unfold and to breathe. The sunset at the sea is something even more special. It fills me with tranquility, peace of mind, joy of living and I don't know what else.

Yes, that's true. The sea and the sky above it reminds me of a world beyond this one, the spirit realm, my true home.

Thank you so much! Hugs and kisses

Ocean

2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Ocean,

I'm with you 100% on what you've said!:

"The big space, the horizon, the brightness, sunlight reflecting from the white sand, the sky and clouds and the incredible blue of the water ... I feel like the bigness and brightness is just something my soul needs to unfold and to breathe. [Amen!] The sunset at the sea is something even more special. It fills me with tranquility, peace of mind, joy of living and I don't know what else. . . . The sea and the sky above it reminds me of a world beyond this one, the spirit realm, my true home."

Wonderfully put!! It makes me wonder whether we've had some connection in a PL. I suppose we'll know when we get back home again. :thumbsup:

Cordially,

S&S

PS--What is your native language? You certainly speak English very well. I would never have known that you were not a non-native English speaker.

3. Ocean

Ocean Registered

Maybe we are from one soul group or something like that :) Who knows? Yes, we'll certainly know when we are 'back home'.

Thanks. But writing is always a bit easier than talking. There's always the possibility to look up some words...

I'll answer your question in a pm.

4. SeaAndSky

I just remembered something I haven’t thought about in years. I have a dent on one side of my chest over my heart. No birthmark or scar, just an area where the bone is somewhat concave rather than being more naturally curved. I can still remember my mother asking the pediatrician about this when I was still a young child and him reassuring her that (to paraphrase) eventually my boney little chest would have a layer of muscle that would cover it up. This was not much help to me later during a self-conscious adolescence looking down on my skinny, somewhat lop-sided chest, but he was ultimately correct. Adulthood did bring layers of flesh that mostly disguised the fact that the ribs on one side of my sternum bent in before taking a more natural curve. Consequently, I had pretty well forgotten about this over the past few decades, and certainly never connected it to a possible PL injury.

I woke up this morning with this on my mind for some reason, and wondering whether this had something to do with those hypothetical bayonets. So . . . since I'm keeping track of these things as they cross my mind, this will serve as a note to myself on the matter and a rather strange correspondence.

The subconscious mind is a strange thing.

5. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Some of us may want to find-out about our past-lives for reasons similar to genealogical research e.g., finding-out about relatives long forgotten.

Personally, I'm certain that my PL was unrelated to my relatives; yet the validation that would stem from finding-out about my past-life would share similarities to genealogical discoveries.

In short, there may be "a part of us" which yearns to find-out about how are present-lives relate to the past!

6. SeaAndSky

Hi Marc,

This is a very good, middle-of-the-road type of motivation that I can appreciate. Most of the time I'm there, and it is a place I like to be as it allows the quest for memories/information to be a side-line and not an obsession. Unfortunately, for me, the latter can become a problem from time-to-time.

Cordially,

S&S

7. floatdownstream

floatdownstream New Member

I am here mainly because of the dream I had about living a past life as a woman during WW2, presumably as a resistance writer, 7 years ago.
    I've always found reincarnation fascinating and more probable than the typical atheist kind of view of life. From time to time I want to know more,
    a lot of the time I'm okay without knowing. I practice meditation (vipassana and mindfulness), so I kind of feel like maybe it isn't the right way to go in general, maybe it's just fueling to the illusion of everything. But because of this dream, and how vivid it was, I get kind of obsessed about it from time to time... A spiritual friend of mine suggested that maybe the dream just presented itself to me in such a way, just so that I could experience it again and finally let the wounds of the experience go, but I don't know, I really want answers. I'm always looking to explore what life is, what we're here to learn, what our relationsships and personality patterns are about, but I don't know if that is a great thing or a strong attachment of mine.

8. Cassie

Cassie Kemetic-Shintoic Pagan

I'm exactly the same as you,
    I have moments where I'm completely at peace with myself, feeling my age, feeling confident in my place in the Universe.
    And moments where I'm tearing myself apart because I'm lost.

Sometimes it's so strong a feeling it's as though the Universe itself is trying to eradicate me, like I've been running to stay 'alive' trying to escape the real 'death' and it's only by the Universe's grace that I even exist at all.

The "who the Hell am I?", "what the Hell am I?" and "what the Hell do I do now?" questions resurface continuously, eating away at me like breaking a jar of acid open in my brain.

I can keep scooping the contents up, but it always falls off the shelf and smashes again.

Originally I came here to... Well, just be myself. The 'myself' that I can't be at work, or at the pub. To talk to people who might understand what I'm saying and sympathise with it in some way.
    Though I can only say so much in the past life topic, it's something I need to do in order to stay sane...

I'm currently fighting a losing battle against Hijikata Toshizō, an Edo period (1860's) Samurai. Who I just can't seem to shake off no matter how hard I try.
    Try telling your family or friends in the real world how you can't stop thinking about/longing for a man who died 148 years ago and it gets a bit much.

And yes, my past lives, and the past lives of those I've known, I am EXTREMELY protective of. My jealousy and bias can be detrimental, but I cannot deny the feelings. If someone claims to be someone I've loved and lost, or claims to know the places I'm from, I can be barbaric in my challenging of them.
    It's in my nature to uphold/fight for the honour of the past. I'll always be a soldier in that sense.

I'd probably withdraw into a coma if it weren't for these forums. It's so much pressure to deal with alone that my tiny human brain would just flatline.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  9. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

I guess I'm kind of hoping that if I can work out who I was in a past life, I can work out who I am in this one.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  10. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

Then your question / request to the universe / your higher self / ... should be something like "Show me the past life that caused that in my current life to be / to do / to feel / ..."