Why Does Life Exist

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by GalaxyDreamer90, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Tesso

Tesso New Member

Thank you, Polaris8.

I couldn't tell it better. It is a true blessing to find people with such a clarity of thought, completely in line with my beliefs and also with what I experienced.

Peace and love,

2. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

I was also raised catholic, however while I still hold on to some of the beliefs I was brought up on my beliefs are currently closer to wicca. I too have had what I believe to be experiences of ESP. Usually its dreams later coming true, but I also get premonitions and feelings. This and learning about other religions in middle school led me to start believing in wicca and reincarnation.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  3. Tesso

Tesso New Member

Hi GalaxyDreamer90,

As I said I respect all religions. All beliefs too, of course. But just for the sake of curiosity, why did you choose wicca? Do you find it comfortable for you? Is it in your opiniĆ³n the path to follow for a better spiritual development? If so why?

Anyway if you chose this path it is OK. Thank you for sharing.

As I am older I can't think of
    incursions into (new for me) religions or beliefs. My only religion nowadays is to try to learn and evolve spiritually as much as I can. Time flies!

Peace,

4. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

I always had a fascination with magick even at a young age. I remember as a child watching the movie Matilda over and over wishing I had power like her. I don't know why I've always had this fascination. Though I do believe in magick and stuff like that it isn't really the most important thing in my life. I do have other interest believe it or not. Also I'm starting to think our beliefs are something to keep to ourselves as they often cause arguments.

5. Tesso

Tesso New Member

Magic always is fascinating for most people, specially children. I think it has to do with our physical limitations.

As to your beliefs, I'd like to suggest you not to worry excessively about others' opinion. It is you, your personal choice and/or your own circumstances. Enjoy them!

Peace and love,

6. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

These are my thoughts on why life exists.. and I'm also a huge science nerd..

It's a property of nature that everything wants to get to it's lowest point or resting state of energy. Things fall down, springs unwind, air is let out of balloons, tires.. The easiest and most logical resting state for the universe, is to not even exist in the first place. The fact that it does, should be our first clue that it's here for a reason.

Life is simply, what we make of it. I think that's just too vague and perhaps a big concept for people to grasp, so we've invented all kinds of philosophies, superstitions and other things to find meaning in our lives and that's ok, honestly. If it brings someone comfort and meaning, it's ok.

I think everyone has this reality backwards in that we aren't trying to escape it, it's the whole reason we are here. We do have free will and as a consequence of that, stuff can happen. Bad things.. it's easy at this point to blame a creator / judge god of being bad or absent, but through reincarnation, we have the gift of everlasting life. The freedom to start over, to try again, to right our wrongs and evolve as people and spiritual beings.

But wait! Isn't everlasting life for over there? Sadly the answer is no. Over there, we're formless energy with no desires, no needs, no wants, no before, no after.. we just .. exist. We are here to experience linear time, to give ourselves a frame of reference that we can expand on. There's before, there's things we've already done and things that we want to try.. there's cause and effect.

Over there, there's nothing just what is, what was and what always will be.. that's not heaven, nor hell. It's simply a place of rest where we are free to meditate, to heal, to consult with others, to dream, to think, to envision and plan. It's all true what they say.. without loss we cannot know joy, without sorrow, we cannot know love.

Ultimately, the purpose of life is to get us to look inwards towards ourselves, to find out what we're made of and that can be a really scary thing to do. To loop around again, life is what you make out of it. And to quote Back to the Future 3, which sums it up nicely:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Speedwell likes this.
  7. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I kinda like that theory that life is the Cosmos/Universe experiencing itself... because all that is can only experience through being incarnated.