why no one talk about hell?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by ronglaoshi, Apr 26, 2017.

1. ronglaoshi

ronglaoshi New Member

I'm Chinese,my english is very bad.sorry.
    I have read many cases about children reincarnation.some of them mentioned heaven,some of them mentioned God,BUT no one mentioned hell. why ? Maybe if someone go to hell after dead. he can no longer
    reborn?

2. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

Hi ronglaoshi.

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps people don't talk about 'hell' because it is not real?

3. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

In my view, Hell is a state of the soul, not really a physical place to be in. This is the concept of Hell even in Christianity, but most Christians seem to forget about it and instead project this state of being into a physical place which exists out of our reality and in some sort of parallel world where we can go only after death, and be forever lost inside of it.
    I see it as such: Hell is carried deep within every damned soul, in the spectral world as well as in their physical lives. It never leaves them, until they evolve past this state of damnation, and it follows them wherever they go and wherever they reincarnate. Quite obviously, it also affects the people around them as they can feel this negative state of their being. I've always thought that Heaven and Hell are real, but they exist inside of us all.

Tabitha, Myna and Mere Dreamer like this.
  4. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

That is an interesting observation Alex, one that I could agree with. I never believed in an actual place as depicted in many formal declarations.

AlexD likes this.
  5. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

This is the conclusion I came to, also. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. It's inside us, and we express it into the world until we learn to replace it with healthier beliefs, ideas, expectations, relationships, connections, etc.

6. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

When I was a young girl and I used to go to church regularly (I have a Catholic background), I remember the diacon telling me that "Hell is a condition of the spirit, a state of the Soul in which you are not allowed to see the Light of God". Back in the day I could not realize the true meaning of those words because everyone around me would tell me that Hell is a place that we go to after death if we have been "bad" in life, and they often described it as an underground place in which there were flames all around and blood would flow in rivers. In truth I realized that the diacon was right, but it took me several years and a certain degree of maturity to understand his words. As a child, I could not realize their true meaning.

7. autumnleavesnnovember

autumnleavesnnovember Senior Member

Hell sort of went out of style when the New Age movement started. So much of the New Age way of thinking is devoted to convincing everyone that there is no judgement, no damnation, no "punishment" for bad acts. You judge yourself, no higher being judges you. (Sometimes I wonder if the men preaching that philosophy aren't all really guilty of something bad, something that fills them with shame. Seriously. And it does seem like it is mostly men who came up with that way of thinking--Raymond Moody, Michael Newton, etc.) Damnation seems senseless, too, since it's eternal. What's the point? Most people I know now think "Hell" exists on Earth, or you create the "Hell" in your life. It's no longer an actual location in the direct opposite direction of "Heaven".:eek:

8. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

Let's assume there is no actual judgement after death, I really am not sure about that though. I find it hard to believe in it, but I know people who said they witnessed the judgement of other souls, in the spectral realm. I think even that is a matter of personal beliefs, after all. But even if we are the ones to judge ourselves this doesn't mean we can be safe from damnation just because we deem ourselves innocent. Practical example... my torturer never repented (I know she still thinks that everything she did was right), yet she is still damned. She carries Hell with her and it consumes both her and everyone she comes in contact with... myself included. At best, I could say that Hell is more of a choice than a punishment. She had it in her soul since she chose her murderous path in her past life, or maybe even before. Then she kept repeating herself that it was the right path, and that she has always been right, and eveyone else was wrong. Perhaps, if she admitted her sins and repented, she could slowly begin her path towards salvation. Who knows. Personally, I'm not in Hell, but I'm far from being in Heaven at the moment... I still have much to do inbetween.
    I too believe that damnation is not eternal, unless we wish it to be so. A God of love could not want to condemn a single individual of God's own creation to an eternity of Hell. But we are free to choose, even if most times it doesn't appear so. We can choose to remain in this state for many lifetimes, or forever, or to admit our flaws and decide to walk away.

9. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I think, IMHO, that you are either here or "over there" and most people just describe "over there" as Heaven, for lack of a better word. Since it's our "home", it's a common memory to us all and perhaps one we've handed down as a concept of an idealized place and "reward" throughout religious history. I see the concept of hell in much the same light, it's just a created concept for the purposes of illustrating "punishment" for bad behavior. In times where law and order didn't exist, it may have felt satisfying to think that people would eventually get what they deserved one way or the other for their misdeeds.

10. Myna

Myna Humanoid

I was going to write exactly as u explained, but I refrain coz not so sure whether we are allowed to discuss other realm or such topic or not.

Anyhow, We perceive what we believe & how strong our mind state could overcome our own destructive emotions & behavior. Our fear will drive us to our mental plane that make ourselves suffer as hell & manifest something that is not real & make us think they we are reborn in such place until we learn to master our mind again.

11. autumnleavesnnovember

AlexD, your concept of Hell is certainly plausible. I personally believe how you see it is more likely to be true than the New Age beliefs that we're all just actors playing roles on Earth; and no one is really "guilty" of anything bad, since we all chose the roles we play; and everything that happens to us, good or bad, is a terrific learning experience.

SeaAndSky and AlexD like this.
  12. cgaman

cgaman New Member

IMO, life is hell. Who in their right mind wants to live a fleshly reality? We're all here to repay some karmic debt incurred in the previous life.

BTW, recently, I watched a Chinese drama [subbed in ENG] called Three Lives, Three Worlds, where celestials are sent to experience a mortal life because they committed some atrocity while in Heaven. The mortal life is the punishment for the crime committed in the ethereal realm...

13. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

That's so sexist, and untrue ...

14. autumnleavesnnovember

From all that I've read, it has been mostly men who have come up with the idea that there is no judgement, and one should not worry about there being any. Maybe you have read different books than the ones I have read. Moreover, the world is filled with individuals who have done some terrible things, or things that have filled them with shame, and they do not want to accept responsibility for what they have done. They want to blame their mothers or whoever, and pretend they are just innocent, hurt children forever; and you can't hold a child responsible for something really bad, can you? Almost all of those I know who think like that are men. Hence, I'm not trying to bash men or be sexist, but am describing what I have seen in life and what I have read. One way of believing one is not responsible for bad things done is to believe that there is no judgment after death. No one will be held responsible.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  15. autumnleavesnnovember

But what about those who think life is wonderful, and see life has a blessing not punishment?

I've read of angels living a life on Earth, so they better understand what humans go though, but am not sure if I believe that or not.

16. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

The way I see it: you're too full of anger to see things clearly. You don't see the contradiction between believing in judgement after death, and doing injustice to almost half of the people that live and lived on Earth. You too will be judged for that. Remember: you accumulate karma for thoughts, desires, actions.

We all think we're right, even psychopaths, but we're mostly incorrect in our assessments.

17. autumnleavesnnovember

baro-san said:
    "The way I see it: you're too full of anger to see things clearly. You don't see the contradiction between believing in judgement after death, and doing injustice to almost half of the people that live and lived on Earth. You too will be judged for that. Remember: you accumulate karma for thoughts, desires, actions.We all think we're right, even psychopaths, but we're mostly incorrect in our assessments."

I’m afraid you are imaging that I am angry, and that you amusingly don’t realize that you are the one being self-righteous. I have no idea if there is judgement after death. I’m not God. I also don’t sit around thinking how someone should be judged after death, if there is such a thing as judgment. That’s not my job.

I’m being unjust to half the people on Earth? Oh, please! I’ve stated observations I have made from living life and reading. If you think those observations are condemning all the men on the Earth, you are just wishing that is true so you can make self-righteous comments and “save” all the men out there.

We’re mostly incorrect in our assessments? Yeah, well, I would suggest to those who think that about themselves that they develop their critical thinking skills better, so they don’t have such a low opinion of their own opinions. It’s important to be confident in one’s opinions and observations, without arrogantly thinking one is always right and never needs to reconsider things.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    KenJ and Ljbellus like this.
  18. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

I just asked the moderator: "could you please edit / delete all this back and fore irrelevant dialogue? thanks"

19. autumnleavesnnovember

baro-san said: "
    "I just asked the moderator: 'could you please edit / delete all this back and fore irrelevant dialogue? thanks'"

Why? It's not irrelevant dialogue. We are having an intelligent . . . as well as critical of each other . . . conversation, and there is nothing wrong with that. Trying to get an authority figure to end a discussion you no longer like is detrimental to free speech.

P.S. And, no, I'm not the type to go off on some big rant about free speech. :)

Ljbellus likes this.
  20. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

Do you think that non-fleshly reality is better than life on Earth? I'm not sure about that, but I think life here is way more interesting. I don't want to see it only from the negative side, but I suppose that is a personal choice.

autumnleavesnnovember and KenJ like this.