Why this life?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Sep 28, 2018.

1. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Just remember that we all make mistakes and however many or bad they are that it is important to always forgive ourselves then do our best to move on. I guess that it is safe to say that by getting so many chances (lives) that it is not the end of the world to have screwed up and everyone gets as many as they need before moving on to wherever next.

AlexD likes this.
  2. Sea Change

Sea Change Member

It is to those who live in a realm of immediate manifestation.

Rules of the game you desired to enter.

3. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I hope its not the end of the world for me There and back again.

4. Sea Change

Sea Change Member

Their realities are theirs to create. Whether or not that reality is an accurate representation of the functional creation is also their choice. All experiences are valid including yours even when you fail to/refuse to understand how physical reality is personally manifested.

5. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

That's my point exactly Sea Change. Its meaningless to the other side. Therefore you pointing it out to me was meaningless to this discussion.

Your second comment is also another point I made. Its the rules of the game....time. It has meaning to a souls journey. It doesn't matter if time doesn't exist on the other side or if lives are running parallel. I'm learning in a linear fashion here on Earth. There's a reason for that, although as to what that reason is...your guess is as good as mine.

AlexD likes this.
  6. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Many, including myself, have pointed out on this site that we manifest our own realities Sea Change. Maybe you should get to know members stories instead of assuming that your bringing unknown knowledge to people.

7. Sea Change

Sea Change Member

Nothing is meaningless unless you decide it is so. Nonetheless, for every message there is an ear for it whether that ear is yours or not.

I have no guess, it's none of my business what choices you make and made.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018 at 3:22 PM
  8. Sea Change

Sea Change Member

I assume nothing. I bring a message, take of it what you want, ignore the rest.

9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Things do become meaningless Sea Change. The narratives I constructed playing games as a child are meaningless to me now. Adult life is not child's play.

By the same token time is meaningless to the other side...but it means something to us mortal beings.

10. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Your not bringing a message of any value though Sea Change. You say nothing that I haven't read before. My point is that's its meaningless to this discussion because its about lives lived, not afterlife's explored.

Also there's a forum rule about preaching. Keep it up.

11. Sea Change

Sea Change Member

No preaching here, none at all. Goodbye, Jim, I thank you for rattling my cage and reminding me that there is something to learn from everyone [Mod edit].

12. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

What would I learn from something not relevant to the topic Sea Change?

I know time doesn't exist on the other side. If it did I wouldn't have had real time flashbacks to my past lives.

What relevance is it whether spirit sees them as running parallel to my past lives or in a linear fashion? Its not how I perceive it while I'm alive.

Also if your going to call someone ignorant be a man and come out and say it. Don't hide behind some unknown knowledge that you don't realise is obvious to even a dribbling half wit. That's a reflection on you...not me.

13. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

You're kind of rude. Tone it down!

14. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

He's just arrogant baro-san...and he cut tail and ran when he was challenged. That's says it all.

15. Sea Change

Sea Change Member

So sorry. I only intended positive energies and positive beliefs i.e. Members may choose to include, exclude or modify anything I say, you say or anyone else may say.

The choices are ours. We are responsible for them.

16. GreyReynard

GreyReynard Senior Member

At this point I feel we are just being trolled.

I feel like we are having an argument with a passive aggressive fortune cookie

Jim78, AlexD and briski like this.
  17. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi GreyReynard...and just like a fortune cookie he says nothing of any real value.

It reminds me of a friend of mine who marched on the seat of government here with friends years ago on a pointless protest. He said the protest had no point. I pointed out that its complete pointlessness was its point. He argued the toss with me for a long time. It went nowhere...just like his protest.

Maybe Sea Change got a bang on the head recently. That, at least, would explain the nonsense talk.

18. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

I think we went off topic here. Just to remind you of the original point of the discussion:
    So the point is not whether time is linear, whether karma can be interpreted in a way or another, or whatever. These topics have already been discussed in other threads.
    The point is, why would someone experience a wide range of variations of the same theme, namely conflict, to arrive to the conclusion that any form of conflict only spawns more conflict? And why in this life, while contemporary society is probably not yet receptive to such a lesson, while hero worshippery is still the everyday norm in practically any country, heroes who have caused damage and death in most cases. It can make someone feel isolated and wonder why he had to come to such a realization if it can't be shared with anyone, and if it's so difficult to apply in everyday life. More than that, why does our progression of lives challenge habits that are so rooted within us that they appear to be part of who we are?

My series of deaths has been a source of reflections for me ever since I remembered them. I did wonder whether my "sacrifices" had any importance at all, and at times I still do. History as we perceive it is an everlasting stream, and I've been but a pebble in its course, trying to alter its direction. It just flew around me as if little or nothing happened. More than that, my actions eventually brought hostility and harm to myself and my close ones. At this point it doesn't matter much to me, as long as I could learn something from it. I've been through a profound shift in my interests in my current life, as I am no longer involved in politics or antigovernment activities in any way. It's a chapter of my existence that has been closed the day I got my last headshot. But this doesn't change that I've been involved in a different kind of conflict in this life, an occult and way more insidious one, and even though I've been doing my best not to fuel it anymore for some time, it has been a challenge for me so far. Many realizations have stemmed from my current life's experience, a kind of knowledge that changed my thinking, and hopefully will remain in my memory (conscious or not) in case I have to return once again in physical life. Many things still remain a mystery to me nonetheless.

Jim78, GreyReynard and briski like this.
  19. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Alex.

Modern society certainly isn't receptive to my lesson in the 21st century.

This heroic iconography is how most people view my past lives:

d15f51304a9b835c72cdd5d3f53b90b4.jpg

It looks so brave, noble and cool doesn't it?

Boru was my first past life memories and when I initially had them it hadn't yet sunk in that I was him. I just thought it was really cool to see events from so long ago. Over the following months I gained memories of other lives and the reality of who I had been sank in. It became a heavy burden. Even more so after learning my lesson.

I don't remember Boru like that picture depicts him though, standing tall in battle in an heroic pose. I just remember the brutality and unpredictability of combat. Its true that I showed courage in conflict but to what end? What value is bravery to the dead?

The most disturbing memory of Boru I have is after the battle of Sulcoit in 968. Myself and my brother had a quiet but boisterous drink together to celebrate our victory. I think now of my lack of conscience at the time, my celebration of my victory and it seems naive to me. I can't view heroism the same way again...yet those ideas of hero worship permeate our culture so I do feel isolated in my life because of it. The lesson also goes against my nature, all my instincts are geared to fight....my every thought. Its part of me. As a result my nature is in constant conflict with my lesson and the strain wears me down constantly. I'd love to know why I had to learn this lesson at this time and why I had to learn a lesson in conflict with my nature.

As you know my 18th Century life and one of your past lives expressed a similar sentiment when powerless against our captors. The only difference is that the Republic was eventually won through my actions and those of my comrades, whereas your rebellion failed, yet the consequences are the same. The consequence of conflict. In my experience all conflict is unnecessary and damaging. What kind of world would we live in if everyone saw things like that?

GreyReynard and AlexD like this.
  20. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Something just clicked in my mind. I remember coming across an unused film poster concerning my immediate last past life. Its very similar to the Boru image I posted:

michael-collins-movie-poster-1996-1010719311.jpg

If I were to go out and spread my lesson to others I would be up against the 'heroics' of my past selves. I've been straddling conflict for millennia and its a hard habit to break. I don't get a kick out of seeing heroism in media anymore, not in film or story. If anyone has any thoughts on why I had to learn such an isolating and profound lesson while a lot of the rest of the world are content to be just children hitting each other with sticks it would be much appreciated. Its the reason I created this topic after all. I have no ideals to cling to anymore.

Speedwell likes this.