Why this life?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Sep 28, 2018.

1. GreyReynard

GreyReynard Senior Member

I remember reading a NDE, where the person was recalling a conversation with an entity they perceived as God or Jesus. I think the person was complaining about how hard their life was. The entity basically said, I never said it would be easy. I think on that sometimes.

I still say the lesson you are learning applies to everyone. We are all at different spots in our education if you will. This is the time you perhaps chose to grasp it. If you hadn't had the previous experiences, would you be in the place to learn what you are learning? Most likely not. Self awareness, especially a high level of self awareness is not a pleasant thing. Especially, when you find yourself lacking. Personally, I see things I need to change, but I really don't know if I can. Then I wonder is it because I am not capable of changing or if I just don't want to.

I have never been in the military this life. I know this sounds really strange, but I miss it. I sometimes wish I had done it. I seriously considered West Point at one point. It's in my blood so to speak. I don't relish the idea of being someone else's instrument, though. I also couldn't be a reinactor of any of the time periods I am interested in. LoL I think I'd be too into it.

One thing I have thought of though is this. The conflicts I have experienced in this life were non life threatening. So as I see some of the crappier aspects of human nature, I am able to survive it and ruminate on it in the present. In the past you were probably just dead.

Also, Jim, if you hadn't lived your life the way you did as Brian Boru, I wouldn't be here. He was a direct ancestor of mine. So there's that for you.

2. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi GreyReynard.

I knew God would be hard on me but it wasn't until afterwards that I remembered reincarnation. I didn't realise how deep my hardship goes. I was ignorant.

Most of the time I feel I'm not capable of changing and its very disconcerting to say the least. Ironically if I had of started another war in my current life I wouldn't have learned anything. I never expected a truly noble act to traumatise me so.

I wasn't military in my current life either but I did serve my country. There was no war on so I'd no reason to join the military but I did weed out the powerful who abused their positions.

I saw a reenactment of the battle of Enniscorthy in 1916 a few years back. I just thought that the reinacters weren't taking proper cover and would have been wiped out in reality. I also saw a reenactment of the 1798 rebellion, it lacked brutality. It was still weird seeing them though because I already had pl memories.

I came very close to taking a bullet for my old love in my current life among other things so I have been in life threatening situations...but I "surrendered arms" for the greater good and thus I wasn't assasinated. Now I've too much time to reflect.

I'm also a descendant of Boru.

So are these people so we are in good company:

http://www.battleofclontarf.net/brian-boru/famous-descendants-of-brian-boru/3460

GreyReynard likes this.
  3. briski

briski Senior Member

I think my lesson in this life is i need to protect myself better otherwise people take advantage. Possibly too late to do anything about it in this one, however next one i suspect some of my "niceness" might be missing. Its not done me any favours

GreyReynard likes this.
  4. GreyReynard

GreyReynard Senior Member

Briski-

As hard as it is to figure out you have been taken advantage of....I always put the problem on the party that takes advantage. They are the bad person. Doubly bad in that they can cause kind people to harden their hearts.

briski likes this.
  5. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Unfortunately it seems one can't get by in this life without a hard heart.

briski likes this.
  6. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

Good questions! Nice post.

I believe that there are two different points: the reason for which we incarnate, and the reason for which we experience certain situations in this life.

Firstly ... We incarnate to evolve, to eventually reach the stage when we can stay indefinitely on the next plane of existence, without having to come back here. We can't do that now because we can't master our emotions yet.

Secondly ... Our thoughts (including emotions and beliefs) create thought-forms. We create them now; we created them in each one of our other lives. When we die, those thought-forms aren't destroyed, but remain here, on the plane they were generated, and join us when we reincarnate, a.k.a. unresolved karma. Those thought-forms materialize in the kind of people and situations we encounter. If we don't "balance" them, they'll continue to exist, sometimes getting even stronger. I prefer to use the word "balance", but we can also use "destroy", "resolve", ...

To balance a though-form (our life-lesson is to balance a specific thought-form), I believe there are only two ways.

The typical way ... is to experience the interaction with the thought-form, and to react in such a way that the thought-form is weakened, and destroyed. The problem is that we aren't aware of this process, we don't know how to react, we don't learn our life lesson, and we have to try it all over again in another life.

Eventually ... we find the solution, balance the thought form, and the life situation doesn't repeat anymore.

Once we're experiencing the life situation, we can learn what is the life-lesson that it pertains to. With this understanding, we can consciously change our thoughts about the situation in a way to weaken and destroy the thought-forms.

Another way ... With hypnosis (self- or hetero-) we can enact the change easier, using posthypnotic suggestions (suggestions made to a hypnotized person with effect for after wakening).

7. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

Makes sense, baro-san. Sure, controlling my reactions at even an emotional level makes me think that it will take me a long time to "ascend" to the next plane of existence. I had to learn the hard way how even emotions, thoughts, daydreams affect our everyday life in ways we couldn't imagine. I have seen in first person the thought forms you talk about interacting with souls -still incarnated. So it makes sense to me that the mastery has to be total for us to be freed from our current cycle of reincarnations. It's still a long way for me.

8. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi baro-san and Alex.

I agree with you two completely. Humanity has a long way to go before we are ready to ascend.

Yet knowing this begs an exploration of my original question. Why this life? I'm no more ready to ascend than any other human. I still have a strong, primitive animalistic side and it is now in conflict with my lesson. Why would I learn about the true nature of conflict at what seems to me, to be a ridiculously young soul age? I don't feel I'm prepared for such a concept, yet its here in me nonetheless.

All my thoughts manifest fears in me now.

9. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

I don't really have much to add, just want to say thank you for this thread, I've read through it this morning with interest. I can relate to a lot of what you say, Jim, considering I myself feel similar ways. My previous selves seemed on a different pathway to who I am now. It does create an internal conflict. It also makes a weariness of the soul, weariness of living, at least in my case. I try to take the stance that I'm living this life now for a reason. Sometimes I wonder if this life is just therapy for my other lives, processing all the stuff that I left unresolved.

I think the question of why this life is a very personal one, one we stumble about and try to find the answer for. Maybe we won't truly know till we die, maybe we'll find out before. I think it's more a case of uncovering the answer of 'why' throughout our lives.

Jim78, GreyReynard and briski like this.
  10. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Like you I've many things left unresolved landsend.

I just don't know if I simply gained pl memories through sheer force of will or if it was preordained. Like I said...I don't feel like I'm ready for this lesson and I stumble around feeling like I'm failing God. Security and faith eludes me but I guess I am growing.

How is your path different from your previous selves if you don't mind me asking?

landsend likes this.
  11. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Jim,

I think, at least for me, it's probably a combination of free will, and compulsion. It reminds me of an old Russian tale called the 'Maiden King'. In the tale, the young boy Ivan meats the Baba Yaga three times. Each time he meets her, she asks him if he arrived to her doorstep by free will or by compulsion. Her dwelling/presence is of the underworld, she's an interesting character is the Baba Yaga. Anyway, each time, young Ivan replies that he came to her mostly by free will, but twice as much by compulsion. The Baba Yaga seems quite satisfied with that answer. Either way, she doesn't bite off Ivan's head and let's him live so she must be pretty pleased, and she gives him the information he wants so he can continue his journey.

I've found that part of that Russian tale always coming back to me whenever I think about my need to know my past lives. I'm here at this point, with this knowledge mostly by my own free will, and twice as much by compulsion.

How does my path differ? Well, being born biologically female was a big change for me. It put me on a pathway I may not have gone down if I had been biologically male at birth. Being raised as a female put me in touch with my emotional counterpart, so I've been able to draw on that. I've lived the opposite side of what my past self lived in a lot of ways. I also did not go down a military pathway. That also put me on a different road. This life, so far, is very contemplative for me. My life since my teenage years always falls into cycles of solitude. It's a very inward life, compared to the very outward life of my previous self -- at least so far. Who knows! Life always changes.

12. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I like your Russian tale landsend. I've been wondering about free will and compulsion myself since remembering reincarnation. Before I had past life memories I felt like destiny was compelling me but then I'd forced myself into a situation where I had to make a moral choice. I had to look beyond destiny and come up with a practical humanistic solution. I was forced to use my brain thus it seemed to me that I was exercising my free will. I continued along this path for months. Then when I remembered reincarnation and my old love rejected me I realised that this new found free will was actually entrenched in compulsion. I really couldn't have behaved any other way than I behaved. This made me resent the notion of reincarnation. I felt a slave to my character and impulses. So I understand what you mean by it being mostly free will but twice as much by compulsion. Also pl knowledge armed me with what I needed to continue my journey. Now I think I only have free will in terms of my compulsions. That's a frightening prospect for me because I know that I need to change but I don't know how.

I can relate totally to what you are saying.

I was always male to the best of my knowledge so I can't imagine what its like to be female. Do you think that a females emotional life differs from a male? Did it throw your souls journey into sharp relief?

I know what you mean about going down a different road though. As I said in my first post in this topic I took an anti war stance for most of my life...at least until a war came to my door and it was personal. Then I completely became like my past selves. It is possible that life will throw you a curveball to break your contemplative state. I find that life challenges us when we are ready for that challenge and as you said the reaction is mostly free will with twice as much compulsion.

Does that make us slaves to our natures or simply souls who don't know any better yet?

briski and KenJ like this.
  13. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Thinking on this for a while that one point is that you were meant to remember so that you would have to come to terms and understand then eventually forgive yourself so that you could finally move on having broken the cycle. In short your need to forgive yourself and move on, have hope that your future lives are decent ones that you get to enjoy living. I hope to be happy in the next myself.

Jim78 likes this.
  14. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Thanks There and back again. I hope I have future lives but if I do I haven't a clue what I would do in them. What defined me can't define me anymore.

15. briski

briski Senior Member

Your next life could throw you a right curve ball you never know, maybe a gender switch or something else really different

16. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

A gender switch briski?! :eek: Feck that for a game of soldiers!

17. briski

briski Senior Member

You never know lol

Jim78 likes this.