• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Will we meet again?

Nanocharat

I've been having a really hard time figuring out how to go about death. I grew up with an extremely religious set of parents who refused to allow me to believe otherwise. As I grew up, I started looking at things from different angles. "Is there nothing after I die?" "Scientifically, if my brain does not function, I am nothing." ect.

To be honest, it scared me half to death, and I've been on edge about it for years. I don't know what to do. I want to believe in reincarnation. It all makes perfect sense, and, in fact, I can kind of relate. It's comforting.

My fiancee believes in reincarnation, too. He's the one that turned me on to it. I love him very dearly, and I don't want to lose him when I die, which is how the subject came up. After I pass, will I get to be with him again? Have I been with him before? He seems to think that we've been together many many times before, and it's no coincidence that we're together again.

---

I hope I get to be with him again. I hope that I will reincarnate. I hope that there's more to me than just a brain. I hope I have a soul.

I agree with your fiance. I know I have had previous lives with my parents, sister, wife, both my children, all four grandparents, one aunt, two cousins and a host of dear friends many times before. All those I am closest to are a portion of the souls with whom I have lived and died many times before...and we are together here and now as a result of a lifeplan and agreement to do so.

To me, there is no doubt that we will not only meet our loved ones again, after this lifetime, but we will be together for what appears to be forever. And the love with which you hold here on earth for your loved ones is nothing compared to the love you feel for them "over there".

As for your hopes...you will, you will, there is, and you do!

I wish you well on your voyage of discovery...it is wonderfully fulfilling and for me provides a greater quality of life...knowing "I" don't die...only that physical body known as usetawuz.

Nanocharat said:
To be honest, it scared me half to death, and I've been on edge about it for years. I don't know what to do. I want to believe in reincarnation. It all makes perfect sense, and, in fact, I can kind of relate.
Hi Nanocharat, and welcome to the Forum! I think that most of us here share your same concerns about whether Reincarnation is anything more than just a comforting philosophy; for, unless we have returned to life with a clear memory of who we were during all of our previous lives, we are bound to have serious doubts and reservations which seem to contradict conventional science, religion and culture. But, if we spend a portion of our daily consciousness on expanding our knowledge, it is possible over time to open up a new awareness with greater confidence that we really do live forever as individual souls. The information is out there, but it takes work and discipline to read and understand enough of it to know that one is on the right path. After all, it took a lifetime to absorb all the bad information and half-truths that we have grown to accept in our lives—thus, it will take a while to achieve a contrary and parallax view that will enable us to critically evaluate the truth. I hope that you will pursue your line of questioning and take advantage of all the information that we have to offer.

I have no doubt that you will be together again and again. I have been through several lifetimes with my husband and look forward to many more!

Like attracts like, so it is very possible that somehow down the line of cycles of life/death you will be together in some scenario. The dynamics of relationships with the emotions attached make it so, but the outcome is not always what you expect. Still better than sitting on a "cloud with a harp" for a zillion years? For me it is....

It’s something I wrestle with as well. I’d like to believe fully but it’s hard in this age of skepticism; everywhere we turn everybody right on down to the fourteen year old nouveaux atheists on posting boards are bashing and ridiculing anything that can’t be proven in a lab. But although I don’t have any past-life memories I’ve had enough ‘weird’ experiences’ so that I know there’s more than the bashers and ridiculers will admit. No, I can’t prove any of it in a lab. But then I wouldn’t be able to prove what I had for breakfast three days ago. But I know there’s something more. And many people have told me about experiences they’ve had that would be considered flaky (after death communications, memories of past lives... ) These are random people we’ve gotten to know over the years - doctors, scientists, engineers, a PhD from Yale, co-workers… They aren’t making things up. So it’s hard to explain, but I’m convinced there’s something more than that we’re just meat bags.

That doesn’t mean there’s reincarnation but many of the accounts of past lives sound credible. (Some don’t, but when you consider how people can over exaggerate their importance in events that happened in this lifetime, honestly believing they’re being truthful, or who are genuinely mistaken as to how an event played out, you can see why they sound, well, silly.) Anyway, that's my thoughts for what they're worth. :D

Back