Will We See Each Other Again?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by SeaAndSky, Feb 19, 2018.

1. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi All,

This was a strange thought that went through my head as I was wondering about future lives: Will I meet and know people from this board in the future? I’ve really come to like and admire several posters here, but I have no reason to believe that we are part of some continuing “soul group” or that we are otherwise linked in a way that is likely to bring us together in a future life. Will our paths cross nonetheless? Would we even know each other if our paths did cross in a future life? I hope that both will be true.

I suppose to some that might sound strange, but I have been a rather solitary person for most of my life. School friends fell away with the passing years. I have very strong family relationships, but due to moves of one sort or another over the years and the fact that most of my time revolves around work/family, I haven’t really made and/or haven’t retained lots of “friends” across the years. I am especially lacking in the kind of long-term close friends that some people seem to keep. This doesn’t mean that I am lonely, but it is another reason for me to regret losing touch with several people on this board. At this point, I feel like I know some of you passing well, and in a way that is more in-tune with our true nature as spirits than our passing appearances in the flesh. Occasionally there are pictures of folks here to relate to, but in most cases, I know you by your posts, where you express your inner selves and personalities more clearly than they could ever be seen from your photographs. In that other realm, from what I have read, people simply know each by direct perception of inward nature in a way that looks past the many transitory appearances they have had. Likewise, in future lives, this is one of the ways people seem to recognize each other as someone they have once known.

Anyhow, though I may not meet up with any of the people I have come to know here in this life, I am richer for knowing you, and I rather hope that our paths will cross again and that there will be some twinge of recognition when/if we meet again somewhere, somewhen. Maybe we will even recall that we both were living in the early 21st century and that we were involved on this board at the same time. Who knows. At least, it pleases me to think that it might be so, and that we’ll have a chance to share a coffee and talk about old memories from long ago.

Cordially,
    S&S

Mere Dreamer and KenJ like this.
  2. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

3. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Hi S&S It depends upon what you expect... It's well known there is no such thing as physical reincarnation... the physical body dies and never returns.. So its impossible to be S&S in this incarnation and S&S in the next... I'm sure your spiritual self would recognize spiritual selves from this forum next time.. so it will depended upon how in tune the next physical entity you occupy will be As I have said before I have no knowledge of the physical entries BB has incarnated into... BB incarnates

Regards

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  4. John Tat

This is a good question to bring some rational about reincarnation... No matter how much anyone would like it to be reincarnation is not a system for the eternal life of physical entities.. Everything ends for every physical entity when it dies never to return..To claim a current physical entity is a a physical entity from the past is a fantasy.. it's just not possible.. How many memories a current physical entity will have of previous incarnations of its spiritual self varies and in almost all cases are random
    Giving S&S as an example... What he wants is very different to what may happen.. The next physical entity his spiritual self occupies may only access memories of lets say a life in 16th century England and will have no memories of S&S at all... including this forum...Most are very undisciplined on how they approach the questions about the reincarnations of there spiritual selves.. That's just one thing I have been taught... you must be extremely disciplined about your own reincarnations... Unfortunately much of it is driven by emotion

5. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

I am not certain what you are arguing. You seem to be striving to convince people that they will be in a different body with a different upbringing, environment, etc. making them different people, and will not necessarily remember their past existences in the flesh. Everyone already knows this. At another level, you seem to be arguing for the complete annihilation of the current personality. This is correct in some respects, but not in others. We are all spirits manifesting in the material world. Our current personality is therefore a mix of material, psychical and spiritual elements. Followers of Jesus are urged by the apostle Paul to remember they are not the flesh, nor even the current identity/person they think they are--i.e., their psychical element, interests, attractions, etc.--but someone/something (a spirit) that transcends and is manifesting through both. I know you are not a follower of Jesus, but I think the point is still true. We will leave behind the current body and the temporary "identity" that goes with it. That does not mean that the undying aspect of ourselves as a spirit, including a distinctive "personality", does not survive.

A current meme that expresses this in some circles is "I am a spirit, I have a soul, I live in a body". Take Jim78 as an example. He has extensive memories, and realizes that as he continues to manifest in the flesh he is largely the same person and is struggling with the same troubling aspects of his "personality" as a reincarnating spirit. You could also look back at our recent discussions of the warrior spirit type also manifested in General Patton, something we have discussed recently. Or, more pertinent to your case, what about BB and your source? They seem to have very distinctive personalities as spirits, which they are very intent on manifesting again in the physical.

OTOH, you seem to be a special case. If BB is, as you insist, a part of your innermost spirit rather than a spirit that has attached himself to you, he appears to be a part of yourself as a spirit that you split off or walled off in the distant past. As such, it seems that you exist as a spirit with a split personality. Part of you (as a spirit) is currently manifesting as John Tat. Part of you seems stuck as BB from 1000s of years ago. I am hoping that you will merge and what you have developed into in the 1000s of years since you abandoned your identity as BB will incorporate BB and you will become "whole" once again. However, I am concerned that the BB part of your personality as spirit is intent on being "himself" and with suppressing the part of your spirit that has been manifesting in various incarnations since his suppression. However, in many respects what you are is a mystery to me, so I will say no more.

Cordially,
    S&S

6. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

My experiences contradict the idea of the complete annihilation of the current personality. Sure I've a different name and appearance. I love rock music and it wasn't invented during my last life so that's different. I had a different upbringing but reincarnation illustrated to me that nature wins out over nurture every time.

I've given many examples of where I'm similar to my past lives but I have so many I can easily give a new one. I loved interrupting a serious conversation with a friend for some wrestling and horse playing. I loved the unpredictability of it, I loved getting to know someone through conflict. I thought it was great fun. Sure even when I'd subdued the sociopath the first thing I said to him was "I'll wrestle you". Its well documented that my last incarnation behaved the same way...so if that past life personality is completely annihilated then how come my current life manifests the same personality traits even in the small details? In my view there must be something in spirit that manifests those traits. They certainly aren't limited to my current life personality.

I don't know if that's true for others with PL memories but my past life personality didn't get annihilated. It manifested itself in my current life with only superficial differences such as my current life love of rock music or wearing more casual, modern clothes or whatever.

That's the miracle of reincarnation in my opinion. We die. We live. We don't end.

fireflydancing and SeaAndSky like this.
  7. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

"He would burst into a room, and jump on a colleague and wrestle him to the floor, and then begin biting the unfortunate friends ear until the fellow surrendered, often with blood streaming from his ear."

http://sarasmichaelcollinssite.com/collins_in_love

You don't have to take my word for it John. If one concedes that I'm his reincarnation it illustrates clearly that personality traits are not completely annihilated. Something endures.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  8. John Tat

HI S&S and Jim 78 I could talk about many things but I don't want to talk about many things...What I see and what I'm attempting to pass on is the trait humans have had since time began Immortality
    I don't know how much plainer it could be that reincarnation is not a system for eternal life for physical entities.. If you believe that spiritual memory is recorded in the same manner physical memory is... and your physical brain can analyze these different format memories at will then that's OK.. That is the biggest problem getting to previous incarnation memories.. but is also a safeguard against us going insane if the physical brain could remember all of the memories of our spiritual self
    As I have said before you must be disciplined about the incarnations of your spiritual self.. It took me years to eliminate imagination from my memories .. I still have problems with that.. it took me years to eliminate what John Tat wanted from confusing what was going on Where you two guys are I have been there so I understand plenty about what is going on with you in a spirit to physical entity aspects.. You are both creating what you want not searching for what is really going on ... I have been there and done it.... stop worrying about yourselves and start searching for the truth.. There are much bigger things than you going on .. that directly effects you.. and you can use...

Regards

Regards

9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Where's the memory in what I say John?

I've behaved the same way most of my life. It has nothing to do with whether spiritual memory or physical memory are the same. All I'm saying is that whatever was in me that made me the personality that I am today was always in me. I didn't remember being who I was in my past life when I behaved as I did with the sociopath. I didnt discover reincarnation until a year later. I behaved as I did because that's who I am.

I'm exploring who I am and finding that my past lives are very similar to my current one. Alright, I'm not clashing with opposing forces in great, bloody battles anymore and that trailed off in my last life, when after the 1916 rising I found open warfare unsustainable, but the impulse behind my actions remains similar. Why wouldn't it? I'm still the same soul.

That thinking has changed in me now but that's a result of progress, just like envisioning guerilla warfare as a pure exercise was touched upon in my prior lives, such as at the battle of Sulcoit in 968.

My past lives were all precursors to who I am today. They are intrinsically linked to my growth as a human being and thus, my personality. I don't have to eliminate imagination from my memories. I illustrated one point to you already where I was the same.

As an aside, I don't simply have past life memories. Its not like I was walking along one day and suddenly said "oh yeah....I remember that". Nope. I got full colour, real time flashbacks of past life events. Once I remembered that stuff I thought " What!? I've been pulling the same crap for eons!" It was a complete continuation of my souls journey. The past life memories I gained had more detail, more freshness, than remembering something from my current life...because it was played out in real time, and because it was of times long gone so they seared into my memory as being something unique to Jim's experiences.

I'm not interested in 'using' anything John. Using information traumatised me with past life knowledge. I'm interested in learning.

Also, if your going to take a 'they are young....they don't understand' tone perhaps you should engage with the topic and question the contributors as to why they have their point of view? Challenge us. It might help you to learn something instead of assuming our journey isnt as refined as yours.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  10. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

John, I question your understanding about knowing where S&S and Jim78 are in their quest. I understand that you are content with what you believe, and that is probably a very nice position. I appreciate your contributions to this forum and hope that you continue to participate, but sometimes I get concerned about your interpretation of what others are posting.

I understand what it's like to Know something without understanding how that Knowing occurred and I understand how we (at least I) can be led into believing something by finding "clues" in thoughts and experiences that may or may not be true. I do not share your ability to chat with a non-physical spirit through meditation (I've tried many times) nor can I recall a previous life-experience (with either a regressionist or audios) so I can not compare/evaluate your posts with my personal experiences so I'm imitated in that respect, but hopefully I can detect when there is a misunderstanding or a non-understanding in what's being said. An example is your condemnation about someone's belief in "eternal life of physical entities" - who is saying that they believe that the physical is eternal? i know that there are some vain folk that speak of rapture and such that seem to want to retain all of their physical attributes, but I don't recall that sort of thing being posted.

I get a little confused when I'm trying to write about what I'm thinking, but it has more to do with my belief that lifetimes are to be experienced as Journeys rather than Destinations where S&S and Jim78 focusing on their current experiences with their journey while you seem more led by a spirit who seems determined to have you focus more on the past or future destination. Maybe you have been where they currently are, but it doesn't seem like you really understand them.

It seems I was writing this while Jim was responding, and S&S was typing while I was responding.

11. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

You seem to be a bit hung-up on physical brain memory vs. spirit memory, and treat the matter as if we consider memories of past lives as somehow being carried along in our physical brains--which NO ONE believes as far as I know. I never did, and never could--the idea is absurd. Whatever brains we had in the past are dust or worse at this point. Obviously, such memories are carried and held or accessed by the spirit being we are. Actually, I don't see the physical brain as much more than a switch board and interface used by the spirit to interact with the body in order to live in the physical world. I am a spirit. You are a spirit. Jim is a spirit. The flesh is just a tool we use during the periods we are living here. Consequently, the idea that we are imagining some type of physical immortality through reincarnation is absurd. I am not sure where you got that impression and why you keep voicing ideas of this type. My current physical body will return to the muck just like yours.

Is imagination vs. real memory a problem in regard to past life memories? Sure, it can be a problem especially for those without clear memories of the past, as imagination tends to rush in and fill the gap in memories--if you let it. I don't have a lot of memories I consider definite, only impressions. Hence, I don't actually have much of anything I consider "definite" and don't bother to try and create memories where I have none. This keeps me safe from a lot of imagining. More definite memories will come for me when and if it is time for them to come. However, unlike me, there are a lot of people who do have clear memories on the board, and a whole lot more who recover them with reputable folks during regressions. Are there people on this board whose actual memories are tainted by some degree of imagination? Almost certainly. Our memories of this lifetime are also tainted by imagination. However, that doesn't mean that all memories of this lifetime or past life times are merely imagination.

Could we hold all of our past life memories in our current situation, immersed in and living through a physical body? Probably not, but that doesn't stop people from having plenty of valid past life memories, and from recognizing their basic continuity as spiritual beings with personalities--NOT PHYSICAL ENTITIES. BB is a continuing spiritual being with a definite personality. Jim is, though his name continues to change with each new body just like yours does. I am as well, though I will also have a new name, appearance and physical identity next time I visit this planet.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--John, I sometimes think you are determined to teach us things we already know. We may not know as much as you attribute to BB and your source, but that doesn't mean we are complete imbeciles.

12. SeaAndSky

BTW, to whom it may concern:

Apropos my first post, I am hereby asking for those who would like to meet again in our next lifetimes (if they overlap), to sign-up and indicate their willingness and interest in doing so. Possible arrangements can be talked about now, but will (of course) have to be worked out in detail during our between-lives sojourn in the spirit world, and probably approved and actually set into place by those who handle most of the arrangements that keep soul groups, etc. together.

We may not, of course, recognize each other immediately, but I am expecting a certain "I've met you somewhere before!" feeling to be common to all of us on the occasion. Hmmm. I'm thinking about Tanguerra's future life political campaign as a good rallying point, but the floor is definitely open for ideas.;)

Cordially,
    S&S

13. John Tat

Hi S&S and Jim.... S&S... what you said is what I have been waiting for you to say... It's what I have been saying for a long time You now understand when someone claims they are an reincarnation of Billy The Kid. a WWII soldier and so on that is an impossibility.. just because they have there spirit does not make them anything different from everyone else .. what about all of the other physical entities there spiritual selves have occupied are they also reincarnations of them all? of course not
    With Jim I'm still not sure... He claims "I don't simply have past life memories.. that he has flashbacks .. He infers there is a distinction between them for me that is a contradiction..Flashbacks are memories they are involuntary recurrent memories.. so I'm not sure he understands what memories are

Regards

14. SeaAndSky

Hi John,

We are not saying anything different or believing anything different than we have always said and believed. I think you are just hung-up on the way people phrase things. If someone says "I was Billy the Kid", instead of more precisely saying "I am the spirit being that once inhabited, animated and lived in the physical via the body referred to as Billy the Kid", most people understand that they are just using a shortened form of saying the same thing.

I suppose there could be someone who might think they have always physically been "Billy the Kid" in some kind of screwy way or that they are somehow Billy the Kid in a body brought back from the grave, but I haven't met anyone like that on this board. Actually, I think many of your comments imply that a lot of people on this board, including people you have been interacting with for a long time, are just plain dumb.

OTOH, I sometimes wonder what BB and your source are feeding you, as they seem to confuse you about who you are. You are a spirit too, and you certainly do not seem to be identical to BB. You are currently living in the world and working through a physical body and are referred to as "John Tat". Previously you apparently inhabited and lived in the world as a WWII pilot, name unknown. You have had many different names in your many different physical incarnations. Like the rest of us, you have forgotten much about who you are as a spirit and the physical identities you assumed in different physical lifetimes in this world. However, our amnesia on these things does not change who we ultimately are as spirit beings.

In and through each of these physical identities you were expressing who you are as a spirit. So, they and their experiences and their names are not meaningless. They are not the most important thing, but they were not meaningless any more than your current existence and the people you love are meaningless. They too are spirits clothed in flesh, and you can hope to engage with them again after this lifetime is over. Hopefully, you can engage with them as spirits when you are no longer in the flesh, but also when you have returned to this world despite the fact that both you and they will then be clothed in different garments of flesh with different names.

The reason I started this thread is that I found some kindred "spirits" here. I do not know anyone here in the flesh. In fact, I only know a few by name. But I still hope to see them (and I mean "them" as spirit beings) again in another physical lifetime no matter how our names and appearances will have changed.

Cordially,
    S&S

15. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I don't see a contradiction between a flashback and a memory John. What I mean by memories is remembering, for instance, something in my current life such as a night out. I'm not there in my memory. I'm simply remembering what it was like to be there. For me a flashback is more like a PTSD flashback. I'm not simply remembering an experience from the past, I'm reliving it as if its happening for the first time. Obviously after the flashback has subsided it becomes just another common or garden memory, but at the time of initial recall I'm there to all intents and purposes, I'm not simply remembering being there. I hope this clarifies what I mean for you. I haven't had a PL flashback in nearly a year thank God. All I have now is PL memories of those flashbacks. Long may it continue. ( Although I do have flashbacks of the traumatised variety so it is not all rosy in the garden for me ).

16. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

• Actually the main difference between a PL flashback and a normal one for me is the tunneling effect before a PL flashback. Much like the death tunnel. Perhaps that feeds into the idea that that the spirit holds the memories, not the brain. Maybe I'm accessing my true self and not my physical self.

17. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

I've learned not to rule anything out
    Who knows maybe many of us have met before? I've read that many of you have combat experience and we're all here retelling about it, so could be that those thqt have lives left to live meet again, but hopefully not as advisaries