Wonderful past life vs miserable current life

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Dragonfly12, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Dragonfly12

Dragonfly12 New Member

Hi everyone!
    Two years ago, through regressive hypnosis, I remembered a wonderful past life.
    I was a prominent aristocrat, I had a fulfilling love life, I was happy.
    My current life is and has been miserable (to say the least). Everyday I think about what I had and lost, I'm getting more and more depressed.
    Has anyone of you experienced the same thing? If so, how are you coping?
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  2. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

upload_2018-4-30_20-21-9.png

"Proactive people focus their efforts on their Circle of Influence. They work on the things they can do something about: health, children, problems at work.

Reactive people focus their efforts in the Circle of Concern – things over which they have little or no control: the national debt, terrorism, the weather.

Gaining an awareness of the areas in which we expend our energies in is a giant step in becoming proactive."

3. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

I do not have experience with what you are going through, as this lifetime has been so good to me comparatively. But, as someone who has gone through several of the most stressful things a person can go through in quick succession in past lifetimes, I can speak a little to the effect of a terrible point in life. As a species, humans tend to hold onto bad experiences in an attempt to learn from them. We learn the most from our mistakes and our times of trial. Working over multiple lifetimes is no exception. My soul had a major shift after some of my experiences. These times taught me how to be a better person, how to thrive in adversity, and overall made me better equipped to live subsequent lifetimes. It is all about growth. It feels terrible to go through, and it might feel like punishment, like you are the universe's punching bag. It is hard to see what you may gain from any given experience and it is even harder to take solace in knowing you will come out better for it. But remember: it will pass. It might pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass.

What got me through my trials was my friends. Each time, I gathered around me a close group of good people who helped me to continue on. I cannot express enough what a difference that made.

fireflydancing likes this.
  4. cavallo_dorato

cavallo_dorato New Member

Dragonfly12, why can't I see your profile? It saying me this: "This member limits who may view their full profile."

I wanted to pm you 'cause attracted by your nickname... :) Lately I am curious about dragons... :)

5. Soldier68

Soldier68 Senior Registered

My current lifetime is very mediocre to say the least

I think the trauma I received from being a soldier in Vietnam has carried on to this life. I have a lot of strengths and weaknesses thanks to those experiences.

Strengths:I do not give up easily. I work hard. I’m very good at history and remembering stuff. My reflexes are splendid to say the least.

Weaknesses:I can’t take criticism very well, I take that as a personal threat. I get angry very easily. My mind is a mess, I suffer from depression and anxiety.

6. Dragonfly12

Dragonfly12 New Member

Hi, Soldier68!
    I regret having remembered that past life. It was TOO GOOD, especially when compared to THIS LIFE, full of abuse, misery, and violence.
    I mean, I was a prominent aristocrat, I had everything I wanted, I had a fulfilling love life.
    Those memories are true. As I said, I was a prominent aristocrat, so I was able to trace letters, paintings, reports that confirmed what I rememered.

Soldier68 likes this.
  7. Spirit Sword

It may feel like a terrible step down, or even unfair. But apparently the soul chooses experiences based on what will help you to grow. Having a perfect life, while nice and comfortable to live through, will not help your soul evolution as much as surviving trial after trial. I know this is hard to keep in mind, but if reincarnation teaches us anything, it is that no situation is permanent.

Another thing to keep in mind: a life may look perfect from the outside, but each person takes stress in different ways. No one thinks their own life is perfect while they are living it and I am sure there was something that troubled you, at least at one time or another, in that existence.

8. Soldier68

Soldier68 Senior Registered

I wonder if I should go back again with a past life regression. I want to find out more but I’m afraid of the impact it will do to me. I ended it on a pretty good note. I will do it sooner than later though.

9. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I don't remember a single life (yet) where everything was gold and glory. Still, I sometimes feel a deep longing and wish I could go back.

For me, personally, it is hard to imagine that an Aristocrat should have been happy all the time. But then, these are not my memories. I cannot know. So maybe there was such a person. A nobleman with a happy love-life who never felt burdened in any way.

Still I wonder why he never felt burdened, as he most likely had responsibilities. Was he never in a situation where he had to make an uncomfortable decision? Did he never yearn to walk the streets unnoticed? Could he ever be sure that his friends appreciated him as a person and weren't just after money and power? Didn't he have any "official duties"? Could he really do what ever he wanted, read books, walk in a garden or park, appreciate art, enjoy fine food... just so?

Wish I knew what can help in such a case. Isn't there really anything good in your current life? Something to be thankful for?
    I am sometimes having trouble myself, but trying, at least, to see the positive in the here and now cannot hurt.

fireflydancing likes this.
  10. Dragonfly12

Dragonfly12 New Member

Obviously there were also painful events in that life. Many people I loved died quite young (due to deseases that, back then, couldn't be treated). I had many official duties and from my great power came great responsability, but it was a VERY happy life. Sometimes I would feel angry or burdened but every day I felt loved and satisfied (I had a sweet, loving family).
    Do you know how wealthy and powerful aristocrats used to be before French revolution?

My current life is a hell. I don't have anything to be grateful for. Those people I loved in that past life aren't around now...none of them. I'm perfectly aware that I could never get back that wealth and that power, but I'd be better if I could meet, again, those people.

11. Johnwessex

Johnwessex New Member

Hi guys i'm Luke,in my past life i was john, and it seems like i've been having a hard time tryng to forget my love from my past life, i can't see myself being happy, and to top it off this era, it feels like i don't belong, it feels off, i was extremely happy, fulfilled and whole with her, and now it seems empty, thanks for reading it guys, appreciated !

12. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Luke! It's good that you recall happy memories as there are here that have painful memories that they are having a hard time getting beyond. To feel off-center and without support is indeed an uncomfortable place to be, I hope that you find some comfort here.

As has been stated many times before on this forum, your life is what you focus upon, or energy follows attention - if you can't see yourself being happy you won't be happy. If you focus on the past you limit the present. Perhaps it would help to post here about your memories and feelings of the "past" so that you can get beyond whatever it is that has you feeling the way that you do, I'd be interested in reading it.

13. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Yeah, that’s the very reason of the French Revolution and that’s why they were fed up with those aristocrates. ;)

Shield2 and AlexD like this.
  14. Johnwessex

Johnwessex New Member

Kenj, thank you, but my problem always were the love i received from my wife, her name was rose, she was my life, well.. Guess i'll start from the beginning,i lived in winchester with my mom and dad, i met rose in 1770when i was 8, at the church, which my family and i always went on sunday, i met through my father, since both our fathers were bankers, and the first time i saw her smile, it had such strenght that made my heart beat like nothing i ever felt before, we grew up together, i remember when we were adults, and we were lying on the bed, the way she messed my hair using her fingers softly, and when she was in labor and gave me the most precious thing ever, i know i'll never have that, i know i won't be fulfilled.. I just know.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  15. CherryBunny

CherryBunny Dolce Faccia

I can attest to this. While I don't think my past life was all roses, I think it was much, much better than my life now. It is honestly misersble! Like you, I was an aristocrat with a lot of influence. Now, well let's just say I am living a life completely the opposite and leave it at that. The only reasons I can think of is just bad luck or karma. :( I am not sure if I really believe in karma or punishment in your next life for wrongs you committed in your previous life, but I do know of one thing I did that might be the reason, if karma truly exists. Any other things, I would need to do regression to figure out.

Dragonfly12 likes this.
  16. Johnwessex

Johnwessex New Member

I just think that remembering all that is unfair to us, cause we'll always acknowledge that we had better, and that's the hard thing, why settling for worst?!

Dragonfly12 likes this.
  17. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

As far as I know, what happens to us is cause by our beliefs, thoughts, and emotions. Also, karma isn't a punishing or payback thing; it is a universal law of balancing of the thought waves we produce.

18. Spirit Sword

It is unfair. But I believe that past life material only appears when we are ready for it (or as ready as we will ever be). There are lessons to be learned in everything. You would not have chosen this lifetime if this were not so. Try not to lose hope and look for the lesson.

Just Kate and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  19. CherryBunny

CherryBunny Dolce Faccia

I don't believe we choose our lives, but that's just my own, personal belief on it. I just can't understand why, given the choice, a soul would willingly choose to live a miserable, painful life. Even if it is to learn a lesson. I really can't see or understand how my soul would have chosen this life, or my mother in particular for example. (I loved my mom, but she was not someone anyone would choose as a mother in all complete honesty.) I'm not saying my life has been nothing but sorrow and agony. I just don't think it is a life someone with a soul like mine would outright choose to have. :p That is why it makes more sense to me that it comes down to some sort of mathematical equation of how and where your soul fits each life.

We all have our own beliefs on it, however, and despite how differently we look at it, it is always enlightning to learn of others' opinions on it. I am far from being certain I am right, for example and far from even understanding how what I do feel makes sense. Reading what others think and feel is always so helpful to me. I get to contemplate other possibilities and explanations. (*^_^*)

20. Spirit Sword

I know that I had a hard time thinking about why I would choose certain things after knowing some of the things I have been through in past lives, many of which still have their scars upon me. What lesson could I possibly need to learn from such unwarranted cruelty?

It was not until someone told me that the lesson is not always for you that I understood. While there are many lessons to be learned through undergoing hardship, there are many lessons our hardships can teach those around us as well. Not that we should purposefully stay in, say, an abusive relationship, in order to change or teach someone. But you never know how your lifetime and the things you are going through will impact those around you, or even those who come after you.