Wonderful past life vs miserable current life

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Dragonfly12, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Dragonfly12

Dragonfly12 New Member

Hi!
    I'm glad to hear someone is experiencing something similar.
    How do you manage to carry on?
    Anyway, I don't believe in karma and I cannot believe someone could CHOOSE a miserable life. I'm sure I didn't.
    I read a couple of books by Weiss about reincarnation and he insists we keep meeting our beloved ones life after life; my beloved ones aren't around, I'm about to lose hope.
    Has any of you met beloved people from past lives?
    If so, how did you recognize them? Are they keeping the same role they had in past lives? For example, the person who used to be your spouse is your spouse again?

2. CherryBunny

CherryBunny Dolce Faccia

I guess I am just generally a very positive person? I don't know. :p I do know that many others in this world have it a lot worse than I do. I also do have a child and just looking at him always brightens things up for me. Also, I am not in the worst period of my life. I already went through that. It was horrible, but I managed to get through it finally by not dwelling so much on the negative and instead finding interests and hobbies to occupy my mind so I wouldn't dwell. It may sound cheesy but it really worked for me, though for a time, it was *all* I did to keep my mind off of things. Eventually, I found myself not thinking about those issues at all and so had left that dark place.

Like I said. I am not sure if I believe in karma or not. I do know that if it exisis, there are a lot of people it never got that it should. However, I have also known people that did get something back at them, whether it was by chance or true karma, I don't know. I do know that I don't believe at all you get to choose your next life. I just don't think it is logical, personally. The truth of the matter is, if it were possible, the world would be a much happier place because the majority of people would choose happy lives. It is human nature. However, many people do believe that you can choose and it is their belief and opinion. Since we have no proof, who is to say they are wrong? When it comes down to it, what matters is what each person believes in their heart.

I highly suspect I have met at least one person from my previous life. They were my beloved yet also my enemy then and in this life as well. I did not even notice they could be the same until years after we parted ways, even though I already knew of this person in my past life. I probably should have guessed it, though, because they share so many similarities, from physical appearance to personality, but still I did not recognize them then. I don't think there is a way to recognize them, either. You can't ever be sure unless you meet them after you are sure about your own past life and who you knew then. Even now, with that person, I am not 100% sure and never will be. It isn't like the movies where reincarnated people meet again and simply 'know'. For starters, you are very much here in the present, surrounded by people of the present. There isn't some magical sign. I think maybe it is a gut feeling, an intuition. That is how it feels for me.

3. Just Kate

Just Kate New Member

Dragonfly12, I made an account to comment on your thread. It sounds to me as if you're evolving and growing. One MUST experience hardships in order to understand them. I can relate to your posts. I too am having a life I feel is not worth living. But it has made me an incredibly compassionate, empathetic and understanding person. I've no clue at all what my previous lives were, but when one is aware of the bigger picture, that at least must be a comfort in that it's necessary.

Spirit Sword and CherryBunny like this.
  4. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

I am not going to try to convince you, I am merely attempting to explain this point of view. You are thinking about it from a human perspective. From the soul's perspective, each life is a temporary trip. Any discomfort is temporary and tiny on the scale of time and helps the soul to grow over time. Exercise can be uncomfortable, but it makes the body stronger in the long run.

5. CherryBunny

CherryBunny Dolce Faccia

I'm sorry if it sounded like I was disagreeing with you on purpose. I was just explaining my own personal beliefs and opinions, while also pointing out that others have theirs too. I totally respect yours, even if I do not share it. I hope that also respect mine even though it is different than yours. (*^_^*)

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  6. Just Kate

Just Kate New Member

Obviously I'm new here. You guys have read Dr Michael Newton's books, right? If not, to the OP at least, I would highly recommend that you do. Journey of Souls will answer your questions with crystal clarity. It's free to download on Google.

fireflydancing likes this.
  7. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

I completely understand and respect your opinion, CherryBunny. While my point of view might be harder to grapple with sometimes, it has made certain things much easier to deal with. I merely desired to provide this mindset for anyone who might need it.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  8. Cat1965

Cat1965 Member

Hi Kate..no i have not read any books on the topic..but that would be interesting. I stopped talking about anything on this topic because i have yet to meet one person who believes in it...and trust me i have asked so many people. Such is life. Oh and i firmly believe you can change your destiny...I have. You can live a more positive life but you have to NOT be afraid to make the steps necessary to improving it...many people sabotage themselves. I see it all around me. I realize they are doing this on a sub-conscious level. Like they don't deserve love and success. It seems human nature for many people to make the wrong choices sadly

fireflydancing, Spirit Sword and KenJ like this.
  9. Shield2

Shield2 New Member

This is a very believable PL. Like someone reached down and picked you up from the 18th ctry french nobility and put you down in present time. I can see it must be confusing.

10. Dragonfly12

Dragonfly12 New Member

Are you making fun of us?