World War II - Civilians memories

Discussion in 'Member's Memories - Archive' started by catseye, Jun 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catseye

catseye Senior Registered

I remember a life during Nazi Germany.

I have been able to find some interesting things in regard to people and places of the time. I have drawn pictures and then found that they actually existed.

However I am still unable to find out my identity, although I have a name, Constance. I believe that I was born around 1913 and in the southern part of Germany or Austria. I recognize Vienna, although I have never been there.

I have had dreams related to members of the Nazi staff, although I don't recall ever seeing Hitler. I ended my life as an enemy of the Reich and in a sanitarium or a concentration camp.

-catseye

2. Kathy

Kathy Senior Registered

Shot by soldiers in the ghetto

What I remember most vividly is dying at the age of 12 in 1942. All of my life I'd thought that the war went from 1939-1942. I have to constantly remind myself that it actually lasted three years after I died.

I was with my family (not the one that I live with now) at the time in our factory apartment, and the soldiers were coming up the street. We were told that the war had ended (I lived in a ghetto, I believe), so everyone was out celebrating on the street, but for some reason, my family and I were still upstairs.

I looked outside my (our) window, and saw the soldiers coming. One came right up into our apartment, and saw me, I saw him too. He saw all the rest of my family of course (someone hid in the piano I think), but he was only interested in killing me.

In my young mind, I thought that I could hide behind the freezer door (on the top of the fridge). This of course didn't work, and I was shot (in the chest). I didn't die right away, but I squiggled away (on my back, trying to get away). It was then that I died. I know that I've had another life since then but squiggling away and having back/chest problems has been very prevalent in this life of mine.

I've always thought that I lived in Germany, but it might have been Prague as well. Not sure about that one.

3. Midnight.Sapphires

Midnight.Sapphires Senior Registered

Japanese Girl killed in WWII air raid

I know that in a previous life, I died during a WWII American air raid on my hometown in Japan. I was very young, about 6 years old. I once thought that I was younger, about 3 years old, but someone did my past life birth chart and it was revealed to me that I was much older, just tiny for my age, possibly due to malnutrition, as food was very scarce during that time.

I remember that I was running between wooden buildings. I was bare feet and I was terrified and crying. I heard a sound above me and the last thing I saw before I died was the entire building fall onto me.

What I believe I carried over from that lifetime into this lifetime are horrible migraines and sometimes, I get bit nervous when I hear the engines of a small aeroplane flying overhead.

Jereldeen

4. Red Cardinal

Red Cardinal Senior Registered

A Nazi soldier tore my son from my arms

I've experienced WW II memory bleedthroughs. When I was a little girl, I lived close to an airport. Every time a small plane flew overhead, I ran into the house for cover. I wouldn't come back outside again until the engine noise disappeared. It made me very nervous.

Last year I underwent hypnosis with a qualified regressionist and unexpectedly stumbled upon a past life during WW II. I discovered myself as a young female in a town square holding a small boy. A Nazi soldier pulled up in a truck and ripped this beloved child from my arms. I never saw him again and I ended my life in despair by drowning myself.

Prior to this regression, I experienced repeated dreams where small planes would fall from the sky and crash. I also utterly despise the sound of a loud siren. The sound unnerves me completely and makes me feel panicked.

5. Gina

Gina Guest

My little sister and I died in the camps

I have WWII memories . In that lifetime I was around 10 years old when I died, and half German, half Jew. I died in a concentration camp, along with my six or seven year old little sister (not sure of her age, just that she was younger), who reincarnated rather quickly and is my mother in this lifetime.

Our mother in that lifetime also died. Our father was in hiding at the time, so I have no idea if he survived the war or not. I made a promise to my mother in that life time that I would look after my little sister, then utterly failed, naturally.

So this lifetime for years I spent my life looking after my present lifetime mother, who is a juvenile diabetic. I resented her expectation that I would give up my entire life to looking after her, and once I had had this vision flashback of that lifetime, and understood the reasons for my need to look after her, as a fulfillment of that promise, I released the guilt I felt, and stopped feeling the need to submerge my life, to look after her.

Also, I had as a child this fear of planes flying overhead, and always felt the need to run and hide and crouch down when one went overhead.

Interestingly enough, diabetes is considered a metaphysical sign of no sweetness in life; sorrow. A juvenile diabetic is carrying a karmic sorrow over from another lifetime, and she DID reincarnate rather quickly from a traumatic death, so it makes sense.

Before the vision, I also always had this strong HATRED and fear of Hitler, and to read of concentration camps, brought this strong sense of deja vu to me. After the vision, I of course knew why.

Gina

6. MaryLennox84

MaryLennox84 Senior Registered

The "games" the Nazis played with children in the camps

I died in the Holocaust in my past life. I often have dreams about it. Recently, I had a very chilling dream regarding it.

I was only 13 when I died and still a child. Anyway, in the dream we were either in the ghetto or the camps and an SS officer said "We're going to play a little game" to the children.

I knew what was going on, so I got really scared and my friend and I tried to hide ourselves, but they wouldn't let us.

They told us "If you're wearing this color, go to this side of the room." "If you like ice cream, go to this side of the room, etc."

The younger children seemed to enjoy it, but I was terrified. They got to something that I had on, and I went into the back and covered it up. After a few rounds they were done.

They told the children that had gone to the other side of the room that they were going somewhere special and the children got really excited, but I knew they were going to be killed.

This seems weird because I have heard no documentation of anything like this happening in camps or ghettos, yet I have memories of it. Does anyone else know if anything like that ever happened or have memories of it?

7. LisaM

LisaM New Member

A little girl tortured for fun

I remember being killed in a concentration camp, also at the age of 13.

These "memories" have been haunting me for a long time, I've worked on them in therapy, but it seems to be a "lifetime" project. Anyway, I believe the camp was Auschwitz, and that we were a pretty large group of children killed at the same time.

I wasn't killed in the gas chamber, but tortured for fun, then drowned until almost dead in a barrel of water (which also corresponds with a huge phobia of water I had as a child in "this" life) and finally thrown on a pile of bodies where I died.

I believe the Nazis did anything/everything imaginable and unimaginable to the children they killed, including playing fake games - as many of them had great pleasure in being sadistic, so plainly killing was often not enough for them. I plan on going to Auschwitz too someday in "this" life to see if I´ll remember more.

8. Lainey

Lainey New Member

I still wear a Star of David

As a child I knew all about the Holocaust. The dreams and the memories came flooding into my mind before I was twelve.

I always felt that I was a young woman during that time. I was in my late teen or early 20's. I could see myself sometimes when I looked into the mirror instead of the child I was. I tried to speak of all of this with my mother. She listened and the more she listened to my memories and the things that no child should ever know she became afraid. She made me promise to not mention it to anyone else and to keep it to myself. So I remained silent but always the memories were there. I would tell my mother and father that I wanted and needed to go to Israel. I think that as a young woman I told myself that I would make it to Israel and see Jerusalem one day and that got me thru the days at the camp. I know that I died in the camp. I never made it out. I can can almost feel myself being sick and weak and most of all I was COLD so COLD.

To this day I hate the winter and I dread being cold. I was the only child who hated the snow. These memories are so laced with fear and suffering that I try not to think of them. I was never a normal child. I was too old and too grown up. Sometimes I don't think that I ever was a real child. I never had the innocence of childhood. I always knew the horror that man can inflict on his fellow man.

During all of my life I have never lost my Jewish identity. I wore a Star of David around my neck all my life with pride. I knew that no one would ever make me feel ashamed of who I was.

Anyway, I'm sorry to go on and on. Guess that my memories just flood back thru me and I've got to be careful and not let them take over. I have a life now and it's a good life. The past is the past. But I will never forget.

9. staylor

staylor Guest

Dreams of being tattooed since childhood

I'm a high school girl who has recently been having experiences which lead me to believe I was a victim of the Holocaust in a past life. I feel that my experiences in that life have been negatively affecting this life and I had some questions. I'm sorry if it isn't protocol to put them here--I've been feeling quite desperate and this is my only method of getting answers. Everything I've read here has been incredibly intelligent and compassionate and I was hoping beyond hope that someone could help me.

All my life I have been incredibly sensitive to the Holocaust -- to the point where anytime anyone mentions it I get a twisting feeling in the pit of my stomach. Pictures, accounts, etc. move me to nausea and tears. I've never understood these feelings because I'm not Jewish, nor is my heritage Eastern European or Russian. This sensitivity has even presented itself in my schoolwork -- in fifth grade we read "The Devil's Arithmetic" by Jane Yolen and I remember being unable to read the book without shaking or crying or feeling choked by panic. The same thing happened last year when I was required to research a paper on Auschwitz for my advanced English unit on the Holocaust.

Since I was about 7 (or at least that's when I started remembering them) I've been plagued with horrible dreams relating the Holocaust. Often they just involved being imprisoned, but I often dream of having blue numbers tattooed on the inside of my wrist--to the point that when I wake up the first thing I do is look at both wrists. The worst dream I've had came when I was about 9--I dreamed of being trapped in a room filled with fire, people screaming all around me. In fact, I've always been irrationally terrified of fire. I was unable to be around a campfire or even matches at a very young age--candles make me uncomfortable even now.

I have also exhibited knowledge that I have had no way of learning. I seem to a have a disproportionate knowledge of the Jewish faith, something that I've never studied or read about. Last month, I was able to describe exactly what Passover celebrated and honored to a classmate--when I've only been lightly exposed to any information about Passover. I've also experienced some odd language familarity--in a story I wrote a few years ago, I had a character who would sometimes speak very simple German--I found I was able to write basic German sentences with only minumum exposure to the language. (I stress the words "simple" and "basic", however.) When I was about 11 years old, my father and I were driving somewhere and we passed a black car driving the other direction. I remarked, "That looks like a Nazi car." It just seemed to come out. I didn't give it much though until later, when I realized I had never seen a picture of a "Nazi car", nor do I even know if all officers drove the same type of car.

I feel I'm being negatively affected in this life by this possible past life. The dreams I mentioned frequently disrupt my sleep, often to the point of exhaustion. I have intense trouble sleeping anywhere but in my home--I don't feel "safe". In some places, the terror has built to the point of panic attacks when I try to go to sleep. I can't come to terms with spirituality, either--I have always had an irrational fear of religion--any religion, but especially Christianity.

I sound very unstable here, but the truth is I have a very happy life. But I have always carried this detrimental sense of dread, sadness, and terror with me. I have no idea how to work through these feelings. Going to a hypnotherapist is absolutely not an option in my situation--I can't get to any without telling my parents, and my parents would never allow me to explore this suspicion--there's a good chance that if I told them about this they'd send me to a psychiatrist. I write here in the hopes that someone can offer me some alternatives. Specifically, I want to find some way to verify that I was a Holocaust victim in a past life and if that is the case, find a way to deal with the problems that it has left me with. I feel very strongly that if I don't do something, I won't be able to function in my adult life.

I'm really sorry this was so long. I've never told anyone about this--ideas of past lives and reincarnation have been always frowned upon where I live. Finding this site and specifically this forum have given me more hope than I've felt in months. I hope someone can help me. In any case, thank you for even reading.

10. Rose Memories

Rose Memories Senior Registered

The Nazis set up communications in our home

I dreamed I was a young woman on a road congested with refugees fleeing the advancing Nazi army. This was very vivid & it was a horrible scene.

I was trying to get home to Amsterdam and my family. I took a tunnel that I recognized as a shortcut and in the dream I found myself standing outside the family home. It was a large many-storied building built right up to the street with the doorway right on the street. The street was cobblestone, and was almost like a town square, there were gas lamps, it seemed to be night.

I go in & my elderly aunt is there, I seem to be living there with some kind of extended family. The entrance hall of the house is beautiful, with gilded staircases, beautiful pictures & a large, ornate chandelier. I tell my aunt we must flee at once, the Nazi's will surely take our home from us for the use of their Generals & kill us. My aunt laughs & says of course they won't want our house, "It is only the second finest in Amsterdam." I know this is not true but stay on anyway, not wanting to leave her.

In the next part of the dream the Nazis have taken over our home & are using it for some type of officers club, where they come to be with women & drink, etc. One of the officers has forced me to become his mistress. I am being fitted for a cocktail dress by a seamstress, it is red, sarong type.

I look down at my body & notice I am tall, with a slender squarish type body & light blonde curly hair. Oddly, the thought crossed my mind "this body is OK, but not as good as mine was this time when I was younger."

All I want to do is run away with a young man I have only known for three weeks. Though he comes from a lower class than I, the son of a tradesman, I know he is my soul mate. We seem to be working for some type of underground resistence movement and I know we must stay on & do this work, though we will probably be killed.

The Nazis have set up some kind of communications center in our home, in either the kitchen or basement area, using the brothel for cover. I can see the old-fashioned type cord switchboard. This is odd, I can also see messages or communications being passed in crates of old wine bottles with straw stuffed in them & market baskets. A feeling of fear & determination pervade this dream.

I strongly feel the Nazis caught us & I (and probably my loved ones as well), died in a concentration camp.

The Nazi officers wore impressive black/dark gray uniforms & caps with very shiny brims. In the dream I saw three of them, the one I was with was introducing me to 2 others & offering them drinks, one short with blondish/red hair & the other quite tall with a narrow face & dark eyes & hair. The tall one is very creepy. I was quite afraid of them all.

I have no way to verify any of this. I have never been to Amsterdam & know little about it. No names came to me.

11. samuelsonalia

samuelsonalia Senior Registered

I was allowed to live - and had to work in the gas chambers

I remember being in a Nazi camp and I was standing by the railroad tracks. I was a woman about 26 years old and my son was about 8 years old. A soldier came over and asked me a question-I answered, but apparently he didn't like the answer, because he said something like "oh yeah. Ok well we'll see about that."

I don't know what I said, but I know I was a quiet woman and I wouldn't start any trouble on purpose. After that he took my son from me-right out of my arms-and I can still feel what it felt like to this day. It's like someone tearing my heart out. The soldier looked into my eyes and I could tell that he knew that was the one thing he could do to me that would just kill me.

I don't know where he took my son, but then he came back with another soldier. They were trying to decide what to do with me. The first soldier wanted to kill me, while the second one convinced him to let me work in the gas chamber. I think he may have fallen in love with me, because I feel like he tried to protect me for the rest of the war, but I died anyway.

I remember the soldiers had Grey uniforms. I think I was Polish and I might have been in Warsaw.

I remember people being shot because they were being un-cooperative. I also remember, when I worked in the gas chambers, seeing people climbing over eachother towards the door. So when we opened it up there was just a pile of bodies right by the door.

12. Angelcat

Angelcat Senior Registered

Polish Past Life In WWII?

This is what I have to go on as far as a possible life during WWII is concerned:

As a child, I awoke one morning with the name Yanos in my mind. I believe this is a male Polish name spelt Janos? I do not feel it was my name, but maybe someone I loved; perhaps a husband.

At various times in my life I have had vivid dreams of aliens invading. Invariably, when I have seen these aliens in the dream, they have turned out to be German soldiers. I feel frightened in these dreams and want to hide. I have had one such dream in which I saw large items of machinery passing down a street. I was watching this from a window of a building, possibly an apartment block.

In the dream I was a woman with a son who had Down's Syndrome (I have a son with Down's Syndrome now in this life), and about 15 other people in a room in a building. We knew we had to keep silent in order not to be discovered. There was the sound of footsteps on the stairs and two German soldiers came in through the door. I made a point of telling the first soldier that we weren't Jews. This one looked at my son and shot him in the chest at close range. This same soldier then shot me in the left shoulder. I then awoke.

I am now wondering if this was a past life memory and has anything to do with the fact that my son was born with a massive hole in his heart. (He had successful surgery when he was 3) I also wonder if the chronic, intermittent pain in my shoulder and neck that I have had most of my life is connected with being shot there by that German soldier.

Some years ago, I also had a dream where I was with a long queue of people walking toward large gates (concentration camp?) and to my right on a grassy area was a German soldier armed with a rifle and wearing a long, black, leather coat. I was of a mind to make a run for it, but knew I would only be shot. If this too is a past life memory, perhaps I survived the shoulder wound and was sent to a camp.

Angelcat

13. ClueByFour

ClueByFour Senior Registered

I remember my family

I am one of those people who made an effort not to forget a past life. Throughout childhood I deliberately preserved the memories of my past life, along with those of my present life, so i would never forget.

Along with conscious recall, there have been dreams, two deliberate hypnotic regressions, and a lot of times I put myself in a light trance trying to fall asleep and had memories come flooding back.

Let's start with the good part of my life last time. I had a beautiful mother, who loved me and I loved her. She could make anything bad go away just by touching my forehead. When the kids at school taunted me, she'd hold me and stroke my hair and tell me everything would be alright. I wanted to grow up to be just like her, with her beautiful chestnut-brown hair. My hair was mousy-brown and unruly, curly and tangly and not shiny like hers. Mom could make everything be okay...until, one day, she couldn't.

That day I had to pack the things I wanted most into my little suitcase. I took my books of paper dolls and as many of their scattered paper clothes as I could find. I took a little silk pillow I had from when I was a baby, and a necklace my grandmother gave me for a birthday.

Mom and I left in a hurry at night. She had a friend whose husband was off in the military, and the friend--who I called Auntie--would let us stay in her extra room. Auntie lived in a little yellow house on a hill. It was a long walk, and I noticed as we went up the hill that there was a little park there.

For a while everything was good. We stayed in the back room, away from the windows. Auntie brought us food and even played paper dolls with me. One day she even brought me a new coat. It was beautiful, red with a hood, and I wanted to show it off to the children in the class I'd left behind...but of course, there was no going back to school.

One night it snowed a lot. I woke up just after dawn, and the snow was a pristine blanket over everything. I wasn't supposed to go outside, but I had my new coat--and the park was so close--and Mom and Auntie were sleeping. They'd never know, as long as I got back in time.

I walked to the park and played until I was numb. There was nobody else around, not even any cars. It was like the winter world had been deserted just for me to play in. Then I started thinking that by now, Mom and Auntie might be awake...I'd better get home. I left the park and walked up the hill...slowly, because I knew Mom would lecture me when I got home.

When I got to the door, I noticed something was wrong. The door was open--it was never left open. A chill started in me as I opened the door and walked in anyway. The house felt empty, but disturbed, as if some nightmare thing had already come and gone. I called for Mom but there was no reply. Then I saw the telephone hanging from the hook, and the plates left with food half-eaten, everything left interrupted. And on the floor was a spot of something red and liquid...

I didn't know what to do. I curled up on the floor with my back against the wall, hugged my knees, and cried. I waited.

14. rush_girl150

rush_girl150 New Member

I've always dreamed about the camps

Ever since I can remember, I've had dreams about being in concentration camps. I have felt the fear of having a gun held to my head, the fear of torture, and being locked up. I can picture the gates and the guards. I would like to believe that these dreams have all been dreams related to normal happenings, but there is one exception- I had my first concentration camp dream when I was about four or five, many years before I had even heard of the holocaust.

My father has also had the abnormal fascination with WWll. His is different, he has always loved to collect Nazi Memoribilia. We have one room in our house that is practically dedicated to his collection. When I go into that room, I feel a complete sense of dread. My stomach gets the same sick feeling that I get when I look at pictures from the holocaust. I think maybe it's all of the grief left behind with these various articles. I'm not sure. One day I was looking around, trying to trigger some sort of memory. There was a nazu coat laying on a chair. When I lifted it, the wool beneath my fingers felt so unbelievably familiar. Everytime I'm in there, my eyes go straight for his two machine guns. I can remember these machine guns in my dreams.

Now, for more details about my dreams....I'm wondering if any doctors such as Mengele performed any experimentations on breasts. My current dream is of those being cut off as strange as it may seem. I also got a view from inside one of the showerhouses.

In every dream that I have, an aunt is with me. Sometimes this aunt and I are pulled apart. In one of my dreams, I saw a house. It was white on the inside, very nice. I was running around, trying to turn off every light. I can remember the fear that I felt. Then the Nazi's came and took us onto the street where children ran about yelling, "Juid, juid, juid." I guess this confirms that I was Jewish.

I had another dream....
    I had an extremely revealing dream last night that was extremely detailed. It was shocking and I woke up crying and in cold sweat.

I wasn't in a concentration camp this time, but rather, I was in a ghetto. I had a baby and I lived with my elderly parents. At one point in this dream, we were seperated. I was put into a group of women to live with. I lived in an apartment building and I could see the view out of the window, the cobblestone streets and the cold air. It was winter time and no one had enough clothing.

At one point I run and join back up with my parents, but I know that I can only stay for a few minutes. Then I leave.

One amazing detail I remember was that I recieved something addressed to Wein. I was thinking, "I don't live in Wein, I'm in Warsaw."

15. ukmom

ukmom Senior Registered

Did my daughter's last life end in a camp?

My eldest daughter was conceived in small village very close to a concentration camp in Germany. I visited the camp both before and during my pregnancy. My daughter is 12 doesn't recall a past life but has odd dreams, fears and phobias and I am wondering is there a connection here.

She has a frequent dream of being a small dark haired girl(although she is blonde and blue eyed in this life) recalls being on stage and playing a muscial instrument(violin), she recalls in her dream that she lives in a street with cobblestones. My daughters nightmares consist of being buried alive with skeletons so much so she insists in this life when she dies she is cremated. Personality wise she gets very upset if things are taken even if she no longers uses them(old toys etc), old clothes, even upset when we bought her a new bed!

We have issues with food. She has a big appetite although slender but has to eat things as soon as bought almost in fear of her going without(ie the food will go she will starve).

She has fears of doctors and dentists to the extent when she needed a tooth out she was hysterical, needing 3 of us to calm her. Is very phobic about blood and also crowded trains. Hates having to stand on a train or bus, says it makes her feel funny(although she doesn't suffer from travel sickness)

16. Angelcat

Angelcat Senior Registered

I remember words in another language

I have had a vivid dream of escaping with some other people from what appears to be a concentration camp. We were avoiding a moving light and it was very dark. Someone was cutting through two barbed wire fences situated quite close together.

I have also woken up with a word that sounds like Gobochnick in my mind.

Also, I have had the dream again of my son and I being shot by one of the two Nazis who entered the room where we were hiding with the other people. Only this time, when the bullet hit me in the left shoulder, I fell backward somewhat and experienced being filled with an incredible rage.

As I awoke I was screaming at this Nazi in a language I do not understand. It was definitely not German that I was speaking.

Here is what I was screaming that I can remember and it is spelled as it sounded to me:

Vyestchee shvinya (or svinya)

Also I uttered a sentence that included words something like:

Vbedzeechee...........peeklo

Angelcat

17. sayuri

sayuri New Member

We were made to kneel at the edge of a pit

I was a girl, about 6 or 7 years old. I know I was in Europe somewhere, but don't know where (Poland, Germany?).

It was a very, very cold day and I was standing with soldiers in blue grey uniforms made of rough material. The earth stands out very clear for some reason, it was neatly ploughed over, a light clear brown colour with frost on the tops of the furrows.

In front of us was a large pit, too deep for me to see the bottom from where I was standing. The soldiers made me take off my coat which made me very annoyed, because it was lovely and soft, a camel colour with leather buttons and kept me warm, and these bad men were going to steal it. I felt as though I was better than them, may be I was a spoiled little madam, I don't know.

I was aware of two other children, one at either side of me, although there may have been many of us, but I was only aware of these two. I didn't know them. We were told to kneel down at the edge of the pit. I was not afraid, just angry, but I must have been a very obedient child because I did as I was told and we knelt on the rough earth.

Then I felt a terrific whack on the back of my head, I always thought it was being hit by a crow bar but in this life I have been shot and that time it felt like a blow from a baseball bat and I didn't hear a bang, so I may have been shot or bludgeoned in my PL, I really don't know.

All I remember after that is blackness, a feeling of flying very fast through space, towards three bright lights - I knew mine was the middle one, the two at either side were for the other two children.

I remember this from when I was about eight or so, and have never told anyone about it before .

18. VanessaRSGL

VanessaRSGL New Member

I was looking for my son

About 6 years ago, I came across a book about the holocaust, the first page I opened was a random in the middle of the book. On the page there was a picture of a Polish Jew approximatly 17 years of age. As soon as I saw the picture I cried.

Ever since then ive had dreams about him, In all these dreams ive been very close to him. He called me a name , I believe it was Rivka.

First dream-I was in a room, a dingy one there were two surgeaons in the center of the room working on a patient, except this patient was not "out" he was screaming. It looked as if these two surgeons were performing unessasary surgery on this man. Disgusted and scared I wandered down a hall which eventually led to a bunch of cells, on one side was the men and on the other side where mothers and children all scared and malnourished.

I continued to walk down this hall and came to a steal door with a small window, I peered inside and unconciously started to scream, what I saw was a boy, he had fair skin ( polish type) and dark features, in my mind that boy was apparently my son, I tried to open the door but for some reason it wouldent budge.

Then I heard voices down the hall, they were dressed in uniform and were coming towards me, so I hid, thinking they would see me. They opened the door and brought the boy out.

I jumped out from the spot where I hid and tried to hit one of the uniformed men. I couldent. They brought the boy to a room, in this room was a post and lots of blood. I knew what these men had planned , so again I tried to fight them I couldent, they tied the boy up to the post.

I started yelling something in another language ( Dunno what language) and saw a chair in the corner I tried to pick it up but I had no strength, so I was helpless and let who apparently was my son in the dream get shot. As soon as they fired I ran over to the body and cried. When I woke up I was actually crying.

Vanessa

19. jenthered

jenthered New Member

We were living in Berlin when the Nazis came

I had the first dream when I was five:

I lived with Mutti and Papa and my brother in Berlin, in a large and beautiful house with many rooms and a sweeping marble staircase. We had all gone to bed one evening, when I heard the wooden front door open, and shouts and the clang of steel toed boots as they came pounding up the stairs, "Rausch, rausch!

I cowered in my bed, but through my open door, I saw my lovely mother and my dear father pushed at bayonet point down the stairs, and my brother was dragged, screaming with fear, down the marble steps, and through the front door... The dream ended here, with me in such terror that it took my parents hours to get me back to sleep.

I had the second dream when I was seven.

We are all on the front walk, Mutti, Papa, my brother and me, dragged by my hair (long blonde curls) down the steps. My mother protested; the Nazis clubbed her over the head with a rifle butt, blood everywhere. Papa and brother darted forward, but one of the men, laughing, joking, tripped my brother, who fell flat, and was also clubbed, Papa held back by another monster who laughed and kidded him. Then he spun my father around, and shot him in the back, letting him lie in the gutter like so much waste, rolling my unconscious mother into the gutter too, but so beautiful that they thought better, and woke her up to face every woman's nightmare in front of five year old me...

Screaming, I was picked up by my heels, and bounced with brutal force on the pavement, so hard that my scull cracked and my eyes popped out of their sockets and brain matter spattered everywhere. I saw my body go limp, I too was garbage; saw too my pale wraith-like soul float up to heaven, but remember nothing further in the dream. This all probably happened in 1938 or 39, and the dreams took place in 1958 and 60.

I knew my name in the other life, but don't remember it now, nor do I remember my parent's names nor my brother's, but the color, the sound of that hellish laughter, the pain, my soul floating upwards, those I do remember all too well.

20. Devereux

Devereux Senior Registered

A Jewish violinist in Warsaw

I was a Jewish violinist in Warsaw just before, and at the start of the Second World War. My name was Marcek or Marucek. I was married with a daughter. I was a very accomplished violinist but I kept trying to push away the political changes that were occuring around me. The drift to war, the increasing fear on the streets.

I have a memory of being in a marketplace and sensing suddenly that everything was collapsing because people were starting to fight each other over potatoes. I started to only really feel free when I played violin. My relationship was breaking down. Everywhere people were debating fighting back against what was coming, and somewhere along the line I gave in to this rising tide and accepted a gun from a friend.

I have a very intense memory of looking out of a window at a Warsaw skyline which was becoming redder with the blood and fire of the war. There were Nazis coming up the stairs. My wife and daughter were terrified, paralysed. I looked out at the stairs and as soon as I saw a Nazi coming up - a young man, I can see his face right now - I raised the gun and shot. And then it ended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.