Would the real Alexander please stand up

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

If one googles reincarnation one can see many Napoleans, Romanovs, Cleopatra's, the wives of Henry the VIII and on and on and on.

There seems to be a lot of mistaken people with grandiose delusions in the reincarnation community. I know from my many years as a skeptic that that makes reincarnation a joke for the average Joe.

Why do you think unstable people want to be linked to the famous?

Do you think that the true incarnations of famous people would be in the small minority who do remember past lives?

Are we all just mad or what?

2. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

I think that if a person does have a famous PL, they would be more likely to remember it because coming across information about the lifetime in question would help to trigger memories. For example, I would not have come to know about my samurai past life without stumbling upon a portrayal of him in popular culture.

However, a lot of people only get into reincarnation for attention. They go into it specifically looking for a Napoleon or an Anastasia, so their brain might provide them with it. The kind of people who need to be admired are often the same ones who could easily delude themselves to achieve that end. As I am sure you know from your time in the fast lane, extremely narcissistic types are often unstable in other ways. Some people come to FPL's for the party anecdote, others because they deal with the real emotional trauma.

As to if we are mad, I know I have a hard time believing in my own discoveries sometimes, but when I take a step back and view all of the evidence together, there are just certain pieces that could never fit in a different solution.

AlexD likes this.
  3. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

If we consider the overall ratio of famous people over the whole world population, the proportions seem to be off. What I mean is, even considering past lives, and assuming that we all have more or less equal chances of remembering... the percentage of people claiming famous past lives should probably be lower. I'm curious to know what other members think of it anyway.

That's a good question, to which I have no answer :D.
    "We are all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." -Cheshire cat

Sasha Y, fireflydancing and KenJ like this.
  4. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

Probably. But is this a plausible reason why fpls are equal or almost outnumber non famous pls? There just seem to be too many IMHO. Not to mention many people claiming to be the same person. How is this even possibile? I personally don't believe in shared memories or split souls.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Spirit Sword likes this.
  5. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi SpiritSword. I did begin noticing the parallels between myself and my most recent past life within the year before remembering and that wouldn't have happened without being aware of my past life, so while it was other things that triggered memories for me I agree that it is possible to have memories triggered through exposure to a past FPL.

I agree that there are a lot of attention seekers out there and that points to a weak, pliable mind that could be easily deluded, yet how does one separate the crap from the shale?

Narcissists hate to be challenged. That's their Achilles heel if played right. I find that I can usually see right through them. They speak of past lives only in shallow terms, unlike real fpls who have to deal with the emotional baggage and trauma.

I have a hard time believing my own discoveries too at times but, like you, it all just seems to fit. I have, after all, always been me.

AlexD likes this.
  6. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

You bring up an interesting point Alex but what SpiritSword pointed out has merit too. Do you think its possible that there is a higher ratio of FPL claimants because the memories have been triggered by their presence in popular culture?

7. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Sorry Alex. I didn't see your reply. Does anyone actually have statistics on the ratio of fpls?

8. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

Yeah, there is above all the fact that more people claim to be the reincarnation of the same person. They can't all be right, but do they really have to be all wrong? Some are blatantly attention seekers, but how to recognize the real ones among the many? Maybe the only way is to recognize them personally, if there has been a direct contact with that famous past alias.

9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Yea. We would probably overlook the real deal among all the other claimants anyway Alex. Its possible one of those claimants is correct but which one? I would be interested to hear from someone who was recognised by another person in a pl memory, famous or non famous.

Another question to ask is what exactly are we? What survives the body? If we could find that we may pinpoint various individuals throughout history. I know for myself my soul group members haven't really changed personalities and characteristics much...just bodies, fashions, language, values, social mores and such.

AlexD likes this.
  10. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

I noticed that certain personality traits remain the same. On the other hand, physical resemblance seems to be coincidental and hardly complete. For example, I look similar to a past alias of mine, but there are also some big physical differences, so I'd rather dismiss it as a coincidence. I frown the same identical way as I used to frown in the 50's though, gestures and expressions seem to remain the same.

11. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I agree that physical resemblance seems to be a coincidence Alex. Many members of the forum would disagree with us however.

I don't think I look similar to my last past life but whatever I am that's animating the 'suit' remains the same. Many many pictures of me taken when I was unaware they were being taken show me to have the same body language and facial expressions as my pl self. Anyone researching that would be limited to the invention of the photograph however. It would be interesting to compare images and film of FPL claimants and see if there are any similarities.

12. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I've also noticed that one of my soul group members vocal intonations remains similar. The voice and accent is different but they still pause every other word just as they did in their past life.

TruroNE likes this.
  13. Spirit Sword

I wonder how much of a coincidence it really is though. The logical part of me wants to say that it is, but I have also noticed a decent amount of physical similarities. For example, I always seemed to be short compared to most people, and especially compared to my best friend, who has always been much taller and stockier.

14. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I look like my father SpiritSword. Why wouldn't I? Genetically I'm half him.

Although there might be some physical characteristics that carry over. I'm taller than my father was but I'm the same height as my immediate past life. Other soul group members are comparable heights too.

15. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I just wanted to add...I still don't think one could pinpoint a true FPL claimant based solely on physical similarities. We would never know which physical traits come from an FPL. I still think body language and facial expressions coupled with vocal intonations is the best bet.

TruroNE and AlexD like this.
  16. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

Yeah but height doesn't always remain the same. I am shorter than my 50's self and I am of the opposite gender. There is a slight resemblance in the facial features though.

17. Spirit Sword

I am not saying genetics does not factor in. Perhaps it is a combination of both? Or what if the soul selects a family partially based upon genetics? Or certain genetic traits are more likely to activate based on the specific soul? I wonder if that is what happens for things like mental disorders: the possibility is present in the genes, but past life energy is one of the main triggers to activate it.

And of course it would be silly to try to identify someone based solely on physical similarities. It is still a new body, after all.

18. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I agree Alex. How could you tell if your facial similarities came from you past self or was mere coincidence?

19. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

If it's true that the soul can influence the physical body SpiritSword then it may be possible to measure that energy. If the soul does have a physical manifestation then that puts it squarely in the realm of science. That would apply to mental disorders too if only they could be detected in the brain.

Do you find that characteristics, vocal intonations and body language has followed you from life to life?

20. Spirit Sword

Certain things have carried over, based on what I have perceived in memories. However, I have not yet recalled any lifetimes after the invention of film, so I have no real proof. A few things seem similar based on documentation, but a historian or storyteller can say whatever they want with little to no consequences.