Would the real Alexander please stand up

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I know what you mean SpiritSword. My tenth century life was painted in history as being an almost saintly King because I was such a great supporter of the church. I remember it being true that I had a great belief in religion and I regularly prayed alone. I felt like I had God on my side just as I did in my current life. Unfortunately not much of the real man from that life survives in the annals. Finding character traits that carry over from medieval times is very hard to do. Its much easier with film. All one has to do is look at the person or listen to them. Maybe another member has been able to compare footage of their past selves to their current one.

2. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Why would anybody in their right mind make up a famous past life? The subconscious, of course, can have weird ways to make you learn a lesson...

Anyway, why would anybody "claim" a famous past life when they are not convinced it is real? If you ask me, it is not remembering which is a sign of madness, but boasting about a possible famous past just to get attention. As if people would believe it. As if it would give you any advantage in this life. Or any "authority" in the www.

What can happen is that someone is drawing the wrong conclusions. You see yourself in situations, remember having met people, then you learn the same is true for a famous person. What a shock! There is much more information available about the big names than about others who might have been in similar situations, but whose names are forgotten or only appear in documents hidden in a dusty cabinet. It happened to me. In late 2015, I was convinced that in one of my past lives I was a somewhat infamous person. As I probably drew my conclusions too early after the shock, I am not so sure anymore. I probably never will be sure. And it doesn't really matter for my personal development. A friend was really angry at me for not sharing stuff, but I have my reasons. I do not mean to go into denial, but neither do I intent to deceive myself by "claiming" a famous past life, just because I might have the subconscious wish to be "important". When I look at my memories just as an observer, what do I really have? A collection of unsorted puzzle pieces. I cannot be sure, and so be it.

What sometimes makes me wonder... why are there so many "claimants" for the same people, while there are zero "claimants" for others?
    Do kings reincarnate several times while popes don't reincarnate? I have met quite a few people who remember having been a king or queen or emperor, but not a single person who remembers having been a pope. Artists, scientists, philosophers and music composers also are mostly missing. There are just three people I have encountered who remember having *met* a philosopher (including me and somebody who hasn't told me yet), but no one who remembers having been a famous philosopher. And I have read the memories of one single person who had memories of a painter. For that, we have a lot of actors again. I would bet there are about half a dozen Marilyn Monroes. But didn't she have relatives? Wouldn't they have reincarnated, too?
    There have been Hitlers and other Nazis, but no Stalins. The is no Ivan the Terrible. There is Julius Caesar, but no Nero, Caligula or Claudius.
    There is Jack the Ripper and Ted Bundy (had to look him up), but where are all the other murderers? Where are the rapists?

Just wondering... doesn't mean that I do not believe you, guys.

Kalos likes this.
  3. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

People might claim to be famous because they are lacking something in their life SeekerOfKnowledge. They might be just nuts. John Lennon was shot by someone who wanted a bite of the cherry. There's strange people out there in the reincarnation community just as there are in every other walk of life.

Speaking personally I didn't draw any conclusions until my eyes were opened up to reincarnation. I had noticed parallels between myself and my pl but I am from a Catholic country so I just assumed life was a one shot deal. The puzzle pieces were there, I just never connected them.

I've found zero claimants to two of my lives but let me just give you an example of what the subconscious can throw up I wrote at about eighteen:

THE OTHER SIDE

Do you remember those little incidents within existence?

I don't
    I can't
    It wasn't me
    It was the worker bee
    The killer
    The man inside
    Somewhere.

Have you seen him out there
    All the way out there
    At the edge of cleat thinking
    Rotting in the darker corners of cognitive thought.

Wasting away
    All the life of likeability inq single
    Rounded despairing soul.

He's standing right here
    Hammering deaths takes into my grave
    Toying with my blackest misery
    Taking lessons from past evils

Hitler
    Dracula
    Nero
    Caligula

A thousand others.

He's doing his job well
    And my inner humanity must answer to his actions
    Yet I must move on.

Damned to wear the face of a sicker man.

----

So you see, as a youth I struggled with the possibility I was one of those 'evil' souls you wonder why no one ever claims. Have read some of my posts you know that today I struggle with the darkness in me, not because I was Hitler or Caligula but because I was Collins and Boru. I can't speak for other claimants but I struggled with the possibility that I was a bad soul when I was a teen and that fear has become manifest since remembering reincarnation. I may have done bad stuff in the name of good but I still did bad stuff. I have heavy karma. A lot of claimants to fpls seem to treat it as a novelty or glorious. That pings my BS meter right there. So just like your wondering where are the bad people I wonder where are the deep people at times.

AlexD likes this.
  4. SeekerOfKnowledge

Jim, I can totally relate to how you felt as a teenager. At about 13 I began to really consider reincarnation as a possibility, and I was convinced that I must have done something really bad in a past life. Like, having been a Roman slaver or something. Nothing else could explain my feelings of guilt, they couldn't be from this life alone. Or why sometimes people hated me for no reason. (While others saw something in me I can't understand why either, like I was a genius or saint or special in any way, believe me, I am not). Why people judged me before I had spoken a single word. I do not mean harm to anybody, not in this life, and there are things I am still convinced must come from a past life. From one of the so many.

I do not only wonder where the "bad" people are (and one or the other might not have been as "evil" as history books suggest, they might have suffered a lot themselves), I also wonder where some of the smart and creative people are. Not that being highly intelligent or creative would make you a saint. True saints are extremely rare if you ask me. Being smart or creative and being involved in science or art or music instead of war doesn't keep a human being from striving for money and fame and going at any lengths to get what they want. Such people will know human weakness, too. Maybe they were living for their projects only and lacked compassion. As for where the really "deep" people are (guess you mean wise by "deep"), maybe they do not need to reincarnate and only would return willingly to aid humankind.

5. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

Perhaps people do not claim to have FPL's in something like the arts because they do not want the pressure.
    "I was Da Vinci in a past life."
    "Okay, paint me a masterpiece, then."
    "...err, I haven't trained up in this life."
    "Ah. Faker."
    Whereas what could one ask Alexander the Great to do to prove himself? Conquer the Mediterranean? It seems like a much safer claim. Besides, the people who purposefully claim FPL's would be the type attracted to power, which is another reason why the area of politics might be hit so hard. And I do believe the "bad" people are out there, but there are several reasons not to tell someone about those.

I do not know. Perhaps I have an interest in adventure because I once lived it or perhaps my mind has invented memories of adventure because of my interest in it. I believe in my own experiences and try not to judge others on theirs unless they are being very "in your face" about it.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  6. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Could you elaborate on that SeekerOfKnowledge? Are you aware of what bad you've done in a past life?

I'm artistically inclined myself and the only time reincarnation came into it was my thinking that I was an artist or a painter or something in a past life. I was shocked to discover who I was. I'm a patron of the arts but I always felt that I must fight for freedom...including creative freedom. I was always busy with other things than creating thought or art. My art was war.

I'm wise and I'm still here. :)

Spirit Sword likes this.
  7. SeekerOfKnowledge

@Spirit Sword:
    These could be possible reasons.
    But I think the pressure would be the same for a famous military leader. You still could ask them to explain military strategy, and some people might expect them to be good chess players.
    I agree that people with really ill-reputed past lives might prefer not to talk about it. They would not want to be judged by their past lives. Same for people whose past IDs are known for a big, stupid mistake they made.

I see it in a similar way. I do not judge others, but I reserve the right to have my doubts, especially if someone is what you call "in your face". But everyone gets their chance to convince me. Most people do have a reason for their claims other than just seeking attention.

8. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Surely Alexander The Great must prove himself too SpiritSword. If I told you what Alexander The Greats current incarnation did you wouldn't believe me. He infiltrated and destroyed the powerful while improving his country with nothing but a computer, a few pints, psychology, media manipulation and guerilla warfare tactics. I find that talents remain from life to life. Alexander's current incarnation should be blindingly good at fighting just like his last ones.

Power is for the people by the way. The powerful are just custodians. Alexander put them in their place.

Spirit Sword likes this.
  9. SeekerOfKnowledge

I definitely know that I have taken lives, I just do not know how many.
    One bothersome memory was when I saw myself with blood on my hands and sleeves (appeared black, because it was dark). Most disturbing was that I, as my PL self, felt nothing but being slightly annoyed because my hands and sleeves were full of blood. I cannot be entirely sure that I just had committed murder, but it is very likely. As you normally do not hunt or butcher animals in a dark alley at night.
    One of my flashes was about shooting a woman and two children in a blood rush. Couldn't stop my finger from pulling the trigger.
    As a teenager I did not know, I just was convinced that I must have done something really bad in a past life. Roman slaver or a rapist were just guesses which were not confirmed.

Jim78 likes this.
  10. Spirit Sword

I was just suggesting it might be harder for a skeptic to find a quick test. Honestly, between the person I used to be and the one I am now, there is very little that would surprise me from others' reincarnations.

And apologies for my cynicism about power and those who seek it. I do not have a problem with most individuals in such positions, but I tend to wrongly judge that group as a whole. Power can be used for good and for ill (I personally have used it for both), but I have had several millennia of experience butting heads with the latter group.

11. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

Very nice discussion, all of it in this thread. Thought I'd post my thoughts as I "claim" to be someone "relatively known". I agree with most of what's said. I'd like to add that the way I see it, in order to have a PL "revealed" - children cases aside - there must always be a reason or at least a threshold you crossed for it to happen. What I really want to say is, a serial killer in a PL might not be "ready" to have it revealed to him - or to put it otherwise, nothing good will come out of "remembering" and that's why it doesn't happen. That said, I guess all of us will always "listen to" a Napoleon much less eagerly than a "nobody farmer".

Regarding physical characteristics and based on the only PL I "remember", as I've mentioned before the two of us look so much alike it's spooky. Especially the forehead-eyes-nose-mouth area is almost a perfect match, the way we "did/do" (feels silly to even type this..) our hair" as well, the above average height, even the zodiac sign if that matters. As for traits or "talents".. I remember being taught how to play chess by my uncle in that PL, I wasn't especially interested at first and found it slow and boring but eventually became a pretty good player - and I was kind of a prodigy kid in chess in this life too. It's interesting that my ELO didn't improve much as I grew older, its like I just "knew how to play up to a certain level of skill" and remained there! I was equally good at 5 and 8 which is bizarre. I've never held a rifle or any other real gun in this life before joining the army but I scored what translates as 9 shots out of 10 at bullseye and the 10th within the circle just outside the center from 350 feet. That is a fact, it' recorded in my military book and I even got a complimentary leave due to it. Just saying..

More on topic, a question I've often asked myself regarding my "PL identity" is "hey buddy, how come you remembered being THAT guy which is, ya know, kinda 'known' and climbed the military ranks and not a complete unknown guy, listed as MIA with his name nowhere to be found?". In which I always reply to myself "How come I imagined being THAT guy on the other side of the world, in a war I've never read anything about and not Socrates, Plato, Pythagoras - or if war is da thing, Leonidas or Alexander the Great or or.. all of which I know everything about and was taught since elementary school?" - and that's a pretty good argument. My country's history is loaded with conflict, from the Trojan War to WWII (if memory serves, more than 100 of them listed in Wikipedia) and I still I picked "THAT guy".. Proves nothing, just a valid argument.

Jim78 likes this.
  12. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I don't know how many lives I've taken either SeekerOfKnowkedge. The most disturbing memories for me are not the battles or the bodies, they all seem to blur into one another. My most disturbing memories are when I was enjoying my victories. My conscience is awakened now so I wonder why I didn't care. Those memories feel almost child-like to me now in their ignorance. I feel sad that I wandered through history asleep.

13. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I understand SpiritSword. The only ones who know for sure where my talents lie are those people who have seen me fight. There's no real quick test to determine what a fighter is, unlike an artist who could simply draw a picture.

I never sought power for powers sake myself. There was always a motivation behind why I increased my power, usually in a very parochial sense, for my fellow countrymen, but there have been times when I thought that I could change the world.

14. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I agree Kalos. I crossed a threshold before gaining pl memories. It wasn't an easy ride. I pushed the boundaries. I lived at extremes. Its a very traumatic thing for me.

I played chess but not in years. Nobody I know knows how to play it. I wasn't a prodigy at it though. I only ever seem to really engage my brain when I'm on a war footing or find a subject really interesting. The rest of the time things only get half of my attention. That was true in my eighteenth century life too. I was a disinterested barrister in that life.

I've hundreds of files stashed away detailing how I've fought in my current life. I mostly don't show them to anyone but they contain a step by step record of my tactics.

Personally, I didn't pick 'THAT guy', my pls picked me. I had a really good belly laugh when I realised how powerful I had become in my current life. I thought one life of heroic duty was unique, then I realise that I've had many lives of fighting. I have an overview of the evil my souls done.

What about soul group members? Do you have memories of people from your current lifes past incarnations?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Kalos and Spirit Sword like this.
  15. EternalAgony

EternalAgony Active Member

From what I've experienced it's difficult for me to fathom why anyone, in their right mind, would claim to have been a famous person for attention. I would think that this would be the case for very few people. That for those of us who are serious the reason is much more complex. In my case remembering famous lives has not been a good thing. It has only confused, overwhelmed, and stressed me out. I obsess over trying to figure out what's true and what's false. I want to talk to somebody about it but I don't want to come off as egotistical and delusional. Most days I find myself wishing I could forget..

People tend to romanticize famous lives. They cherry pick the positive aspects such as fame and fortune and ignore the negatives. For those who have genuinely lived as a famous person I don't think it would be an easy thing to accept and there'd certainly be quite a bit of doubt involved. And so I would question people who seem to be 100% sure of themselves and become defensive when anyone questions them.

As far as reasons go. I can think of several and I'm sure these barely scratch the surface. It could be a thought form that was created subconsciously. The likelihood of this being the case is even greater if the claimant had knowledge of the famous person prior to having had the memories. They may have been a fan of this famous person in a previous incarnation. Maybe they were a friend or a family member of the famous person. In either the life in which this person was famous or a previous one given famous people live obscure lives, too. The famous person could be a part of their soul group. It's not uncommon to have memories from lives of which soul group members have lived. It can be rather difficult to differentiate between the memories of your past lives and those soul group members lived.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  16. SeekerOfKnowledge

EternalAgony, that's exactly how I see it.

Even fame and fortune I cannot see as entirely positive. Being famous means no privacy. I wonder how often famous people will have longed for being able to move unnoticed, as one of the crowd. With a lot of money comes a lot of responsibility. And you can never be sure who your true friends are.

One of my thoughts about sharing memories with a famous person is that maybe one shares certain patterns with them. It is creepy when you find out that you have a lot in common with an ill-reputed person from the past, and even met some people they met. Still does not make you that person. There always will remain some doubt. And there will be even more doubt when you are a history freak who has heard a lot of things already.

In late 2015 I joined a community and mentioned that I thought I had been an infamous person. I didn't even mention a name, but I was asked what makes me think that... what was a cry for help was mistaken as seeking attention. I probably drew the wrong conclusions and too early, but I definitely was not seeking attention. I just felt disturbed and utterly lonely. It still is possible that I was this person, but it also is possible that I was somebody else with similar experiences and life patterns. I will never know for sure. At least I can understand how people with FPL memories sometimes feel.

Spirit Sword likes this.
  17. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Some people aren't in their right mind though EternalAgony. Remembering FPLs hasn't been a good thing for me either. I think its unavoidable that one comes off egotistical and delusional to some people for claiming an FPL.

It took me years to accept who I was. I went around with my mind blown and my head traumatised for a long time. I did doubt it at the beginning...I doubted my sanity. But for me nowadays who I've been is undeniable. I lived and breathed it after all.

My first pl memories came to me decades after hearing a truncated version of history in school. I hadn't given that person any thought in years until I remembered. I don't know how one could mistake oneself for members of ones soul group. I have memories of four other soul group members and none of them were who I claim to be. I don't know if souls share memories. Its a mystery I guess.

Kalos and Spirit Sword like this.
  18. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I can relate to how you felt SeekerOfKnowkedge. When I hit skepticism or people drawing conclusions I feel utterly alone with my memories. If I wanted to stroke me ego I would have continued along my current lifes course....not claimed an FPL when the majority of people find that completely bonkers.

AlexD and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  19. Spirit Sword

Well, I am guessing for those people that this is the case for, there are few, if any, memories and most of them are happy and cheerful and all of the nonsense that does not really exist in such lifetimes except in books about them. Or some half-baked tarot reader told them this on a whim to get more money, so they brag to all of their friends. Not all people treat reincarnation seriously, even those who claim past lives.

I agree with everything that has been said today in reference to traits of FPL's. My lives are as such that I have had my traits cherry-picked for me. The image of my character has slowly been refined until it is beyond human and bears perhaps only a shadow of the original personality and deeds. To balance this out, whenever I do open up to someone, I always emphasize my faults. I was arrogant, I let my emotions take control of my actions, and I did commit some atrocities. I wish famous past lives were not such a big deal. People liked to tell stories about me. So what? I was a real person with real faults and traumas to get over.

I can assure you, SeekerOfKnowledge, that I often looked for more anonymity during my past lives. I became a big fan of disguises to this end (which is still present in my love of costume parties). In some cases, there was a tremendous pressure from being in the public eye. One time, I did not cultivate my social presence properly and died a victim of court intrigue.

The fear of sounding egotistical is the main reason why I do not publicly give details, often just discussing famous past lives as a whole or giving examples with no context. The internet as a whole does not know me. It does not know that I learned humility to a stifling degree between my last known life and now. It does not know that when I found out who I once was, after I had too much evidence to possibly disagree, I still could not accept it because I always was and always would be a nobody. But I now understand the lack of value of fame and see it more as an obstacle in the path than a position to be revered.

I still think I am crazy sometimes. But there are just too many coincidences, intuitions, and memories to deny it on my end. Especially considering that no one who had heard of my lives in passing, or even those who had studied them, would have known to subconsciously invent such undocumented memories of terrible emotional agony. I am now at a position where when I doubt, it is all or nothing. If I am misguided, then everyone else with past life memories must also be such. But I do not think that is the case.

Kalos, Speedwell, KenJ and 3 others like this.
  20. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I agree Spirit Sword. I was also a real person with real issues....issues I'm still working through today.

Its strange to me how people leap to the conclusion we are being egotistical. I was being egotistical but I was completely unaware of it, not until I realised that it had become manifest in my past lives.

We create are own realities and my reality is that I was searching for immortality in life after life when we already had it all along.