Would the real Alexander please stand up

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

I think enough people are being egotistical that it is hard to differentiate.

My own soul journey seemed to start (at least at the earliest life I have remembered so far) with seeking recognition and fame. I wanted people to remember me for the sake of remembering me. After a while, though, I got to the point where I no longer had such a vicious thirst for recognition. Somehow, I still ended up with famous lives after that though. I was just in the right place in the right time using my skills to do what I thought was morally correct.

2. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I wanted recognition and fame, but for constructively changing the world. I thought that I could do it through violence though. Nowadays I laugh at the notion of fame. There are more important things. I gave the bowfinger to fame in my current life and I'm all the better for it.

3. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Despite having not as accurate memories as you have, I still can relate to wanting to leave an impact. Wanting to be "better" than others. Wanting to make my father or a fatherly figure proud of me. My current life has taught me that there is nothing I need to do to make my father proud of me, as he already is.

Jim78 likes this.
  4. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Part of what drove me in my current life was wanting to make my father proud of me SeekerOfKnowledge. Unfortunately I went about it the wrong way. It did lead me to reincarnation though. It kind of annoyed me that my father was just one of many fathers when I remembered. He had raised me to believe that blood was thicker than water. Family went from being everything to being just one of many.

5. SeekerOfKnowledge

From my personal experience, Jim... there is a whole lot of reasons to be thankful for. Even I, a nobody as nobody can be, am getting a new chance every day to learn from my failures and do it better next time.

I cannot find the proper words as for how much it means to me, that I do not have to do anything in this life (?) to make my current father, whom I love beyond words, proud of me. What the heck? Why would he be proud of me? I should take it with gratefulness, and maybe, as a lesson finally learned.

Wish I could meet you in a pub for a pint, Jim...

By the way, one of my memories might be from Ireland or Wales. I will never know. I was kneeling in a dark church, and as part of the ceremony I had to kiss a crucifix so old that it looked black at first sight. At that other forum, I was told that it is possible. That in early Christianity such a ritual would have been possible.

6. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I hope I get the opportunity to do it better the next time SeekerOfKnowledge.

I feel I've let my father down by fighting.

I'll have a Guinness so. ;)

That's cool. I remember being at a church service in a medieval church back in the tenth century. The priest was the most overweight person that I remember. I guess he didn't have to fight.

7. Graham76man

Graham76man Senior Member

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but there is one possibility why there might be so many Napoleons or Cleopatra's past life memories. Because they were Napoleon etc. Just NOT the real Napoleon. As an historian myself I know that mental institutions of the past were full of people who believed they were somebody they were not. If they were to re-incarnate they would have some powerful memories, which of course would seem very real and of course fit many of the facts of the real person.
    The thing is that some historical details they would get very wrong. Though this gets more problematic the further back in the past you go. Especially around people we have scant records on, but are still famous.
    But there is a way to tell if that person was really who they claim, but that will have to wait a while yet. But all will be revealed.;)

8. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

Ummmm...that sounds menacing.

9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

So you saying it could be a past life mental delusion encroaching on the present time Graham76man?

Its possible for some cases but how many of those mentally ill people would remember their delusion in their next incarnation? The percentage of people who do remember has to be very low, why else would reincarnation be so marginalised?

So you can prove or disprove an FPL claim? That's sounds interesting. Finding ways to verify such things has been a side topic of this thread. I'd like to hear more.

10. Graham76man

Not really, but it will either confirm or deny how many people and who anyone was in a previous life. As long as you have good eyesight anyone will be able to do it.

11. SeekerOfKnowledge

I wonder how this is supposed to work. Eyesight? Similar looks or something won't be enough. Especially when you consider that there are people who look exactly like still living celebrities.
    If there really is a way to know without doubt who you were in a past life, famous or not (memories of an unspectacular life also can be false, even could be a cover-up for someone who was a mass murderer or tyrant or something), I would be thoroughly interested, of course.

Jim78 likes this.
  12. Graham76man

I believe that people tend to remember past lives, without being hypnotised etc, because they need to understand something in there past life that impacts on this life.

Aside from that I think there is a big debate on the other "side" as to if it is necessary for persons to know who they were in past lives and the positive outcome of this. But there are still many that think it would be unwise for people to know who they were. I certainly think that I (on the other side of life) am an advocate for people knowing so I will do my best to show it in this life.

fireflydancing likes this.
  13. Graham76man

You won't have long to wait!
    I will be creating a post shortly when I have the time to explain.

14. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

That's certainly been my experience of it Graham.

I'm overwhelmed by what I've found out about myself. Its damaged me really. I'm not so sure its wise to remember past lives... Although I have learned something. Who knows. Life's a mystery.

15. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Member

Wise or not, sometimes there's no choice. The past thrust itself into my present, effectively supplanting it. The difference in my case was that it wasn't so much 'memories', their primary role was one of explanation and verification. The part which broke through, unbidden, was the personality and emotional baggage of a previous existence.

My attempt to explain this is that some lives don't end cleanly, with all loose ends neatly tied up, but leave so many issues still open, that they need to be dealt with. In my case this didn't happen until early adulthood. My life up to that time had been mostly placid, although some memories had been impinging on my life without the emotional complications, throughout my childhood. I didn't even recognise them as such at the time. I suspect this may be the case for many people, fragments of the past seep through, but blend seamlessly into the present without being noticed.

16. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I can relate Speedwell, its not the memories in and of themselves that are a burden, its my personality and emotional baggage being dragged with me through existence and remembering some of it that is

I had indications of my past lives through poetry and art long before I remembered. Had I not remembered I would have never connected them to reincarnation.

Speedwell likes this.
  17. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Thinking over it for a couple of days those who were previously famous or infamous does have the opportunity of going over and getting to terms then come up with some life lessons that can be passed on to everyone else.

18. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi There and back again. It would be good if my life worked like that but people are too blinded by incredulity to even take any lessons I've learned on board. That's why this forum is a great resource. If one wanted to one may be able to convey a life lesson to someone else who believes in reincarnation.

19. SeekerOfKnowledge

People can share what they have experienced and the insight they have gained, but they can't just pass it on. You cannot teach anybody who is not willing to learn, and everyone will have to make their own experiences IMHO. What some have learned might inspire others, though, so that they continue working on themselves, begin to open their minds and hearts a bit more.

20. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I agree SeekerOfKnowledge but it is possible to change someone's perspective all the same. The actual life experience can't be passed on though. I just carry more weight talking about my experiences with a believer in reincarnation. I find non-believers just zone out.