Would this be what I think it is?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Lostself, May 9, 2018.

1. Lostself

Lostself New Member

Hello all. I've never been a believer or non believer on this subject and I admit I never thought of me doing this, but the curiosity has gotten the better of me and why deny it? I am starting to believe more or at least I think it'd be beautiful if it is.

What I might say is long, so from now I thank you if you read everything. I am going to tell what has me in doubts in order. Even if the last thing was the one that finally made me come here and what made me realize I might've been wrong.

Everything began a while ago, since I was a kid. First I had a dream of a girl that lived close to me. I was in love with that girl. I had like 8-11 years old at the time and my friends and I were having a lot of fun with her. I am not sure if they wanted her too (we were all kids, no dirty things implied obviously) but I didn't care. I wanted to be with her. However, I had to go home to do something I can't remember, all the time wanting to go back to her house. When I finally was going to, I woke up.

Years later I have another dream, now as a teenager (17-18). I was walking with a girl who was my girlfriend. She had very white skin and long black hair (I love girls like that). I recall we were very happy. I'm not sure if she was the same girl even though I guess they were. I woke up.

Time later my dreams start to change. I dream with a dead girl who knows each and every
    one of my actions or the actions that I'll do. I can't describe those dreams perfectly as much of it was forgotten, even though not the last dream, I (THINK) saw her. However, like I explained above, she knew what actions I'd do even if I changed my mind in the process, as if she could tell the future. All the time she knew I was going to get close to her home, even if myself being unaware, she'd be there, from afar... And a single eye contact was enough to wake me up. Like three dreams like that in separated times.

With 20 years old I have another dream with her. I see on the newspaper that her house, the one I saw in other dreams, was open. Not sure why and not sure if it was exactly that. However, I just leave the newspaper there and the point of the dream changes completely. It was not about her this time, it was about a party my best friend and I were going to host. THe entire dream follows that, my friend and I buying stuff for the party and them, when the dream is almost ending, we walk by some houses with me being not aware as I was concentrated looking to another place. My friend says something like "holy sh**!" and when I look to him, I was in front of the house of said girl. The girl who woke me up as preventing myself from getting close in other dreams, the girl who walked with me happily when I was a teen. I was close, as close as that dream when she was alive, face to face to her. Typing this part now is giving me the creeps as it was a very deep sensation.

I felt an electric shock on my heart and woke up abruptly, feeling still that shock on my chest (For real) for some time after waking up. Enough for me to stand up and type it on Yahoo Answers (yeah, yeah, I know. I just had to ask somebody).

I didn't see her again for a long time until I was 27-28. This year... Here I am not sure if it was her, being honest. It was nightime and I was outside, not in front of my house, but maybe close. The dream was pretty good until I looked to a house, on the iron fence I saw a creepy girl (the ring style), grabbing the iron bars she was behind of. It was dark so I couldn't see her face and even then, part of her long-dark hair covered some of her face. The moment I saw her, it was the moment the dream turned into a nightmare. Inmense fear invaded me to the point of myself waking up (or dreaming of waking up) and feeling her hugging me and telling me she controls me or that she knows what I think and can change it. I then woke up for real, feeling fear.

Ok. THese parts were not what made me think about reincarnation that much. It was always a curious thing for me. Maybe a ghost wanted me? Maybe someone I was bound to know but failed, maybe a past partner?What made me go back to think about everything was other stuff.

Before having the last dream (like months before) I saw an image. An art of two girls kissing in a room. One with short hair and one with long hair. I couldn't describe what I felt. It was... Warm? Kind of familiar? I am bad describing simple feelings, let alone this. What I felt was deep and beautiful, nostalgic and as if those girls faced so many things but yet were prevailing (I am just typing what comes to mind with these feelings) . I downloaded the image as it caused me so many sensations.

And the last thing that sealed the deal and made me come here was again, another image. On the internet, again, I end up finding a picture of a long haired girl holding the hand of a short haired girl and the same feelings happened. Maybe stronger. I downloaded the picture as well. After this I started to think, curious. The girl of those dreams is a long haired girl. I recalled feeling the same sensation watching an ending of two girl friends, one with long hair and the other with short hair, walking, looking at each other, fully trusting themselves, one looking at the other with admiration.

I began having these doubts but nobody to really tell this. I have some friends and family, but I feel they'd think I'm crazy.

What do you think about that? Am I just creating paths where there aren't any? These kinds of feelings, I bet I'm not the only one who has felt it before. What could they mean? It could've just been nothing or was there really a love that surpassed death? I can upload both pictures but I think the kissing one might be bit overtuned.

There have been some other things that has given me glimpses of the same feelings like some instrumental music or moments. Mostly, when it comes to instrumental music, are those thas has to do with sunsets. One like Nightfall, another nameless one and so many. Too many things that I think might be overwhelming.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post!

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    fireflydancing likes this.
  2. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Lostself,
    I don't have a real answer. She might be someone from a past life. You want her, she wants you. On a subconscious level, the two of you are still in contact. You mention feeling that electric shock. That makes me think of a meeting on the astral level. I tell this from experience. Once I experimented with some friends with a kind of meditation. We had created an imaginary place (a pond in the woods) where we would meet. One day I met one of my friends there. I saw what she was doing and she noticed me too. She thought I was looking sad and wanted to give me some positive energy. I didn't see her doing this, but she later told me she had placed her hands on both sides of my heart, trying to transfer her energy. The only thing I did experience was a painful electrical shock in my heart. I was instantly out of the meditation (it was not 'real' astral travel, because I didn't leave my body, but with my mind I can do the same things and I haven't figured out yet how it works).
    So, your long lost friend might be alive at this moment, not knowing what she is doing during her sleep. I wouldn't count on her being that same girl from your dreams. She (or he, who knows) can be in any shape, age or race. Who knows. It's a soul connection and a memory.
    I just told a possible explanation. I don't say it is the only explanation. It sounds like somebody who doesn't want to let go of you. This is not good but understandable. I would suggest you prepare some serious questions for her. Next time you meet her in a dream ask her questions on a soul level. Be in charge at that time. Good luck!

Lostself likes this.
  3. Lostself

Lostself New Member

Hello and thanks for your answer!

The problem is that I am given no time to do so. The moment I see her I wake up. Most of those other dreams before I saw her face to face was she preventing me from getting close. Or that's how I felt the dream was about. Unless she or he were actually waiting for me.

I'm also kind of scared of trying an Astral travel with her because the last time I've seen her, the dreams haven't been so good. Or at least, the last time when I saw her (unless that was just a nightmare and not her because I didn't see her face).

I guess I made wrong connections then. What made me think of possible past life was the feelings I get sometimes with two girls, a couple. So intense that they have been making me feel I might've been the short haired one before. Intense enough to make me even consider it as I never thought myself especial enough to remember a past life or something.

Thanks again for your insight, it's very valued and good to be able to say this to somebody.

4. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Lostself,
    I know, that's why I said: be in charge next time. Prepare yourself. The other person is playing with you. Not evil. Even the nightmare might just be a communication about how she has felt somewhere in time and when she became aware of you being scared she tried to make it up with hugs.
    She is saying things like: I control you. No way!! Maybe this was the underlying pattern in a former life, but this time you have to stand up. Prepare yourself for the next confrontation. Turn around the dynamic. Demand equal and acceptable behavior from her. Set down your rules. Prepare yourself.
    I do have experience with this as well. I've had a spiritual stalker for years. He bombarded me with messages of love. I asked/demanded him to stay away from me. He did, more or less. Another spirit came to my house, another personality, but also fixated on me, full of love. In the end, I discovered it was a living person and they were all one. I guess those so-called 'spirits' had been former persona, I don't know exactly. Some of his former personalities, they had different names, but they were one.

5. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

As far as the image of two girls, I think it probably does resonate that deeply because there was a time when you experienced that kind of closeness. The thing with past lives is that they affect us now in such a variety of ways. Sometimes in pleasant dreams and random moments where everything feels illuminated and familiar, sometimes in nightmares and crazy symbols that are difficult to interpret. You can be faintly or clearly reminded by objects, gestures, music, sound, scent, touch, taste, moods, and more. Sometimes the information is difficult to process because it's so indirect that it's easier to just write it off as a weird moment.

When you have a firm sense that something is related to a past life, especially in repeated symbols or dreams, it's probably related to a past life. Maybe not every detail, but something in that memory or dream goes way back for you. Knowing this, you can explore it and analyse where each part of your reaction is grounded.

What belongs only to you? What is environmental (meaning coming from someone else or events outside of your conscious control)?

From what you wrote the fond memory of being one of the girls in that specific kind of close, emotional relationships is probably entirely yours. You feel like you had short hair, that you loved a girl with long hair, and that you were happy together at least for a time.

When it comes to the dreams, however, start with the actual emotions you feel. Being known maybe a bit too well. A shock. Fear of being trapped and controlled.

Now, how much of this is rooted in your psyche only you can tell. Are you the type of person who adapts to others expectations of you to fit in and disguising your real personality? Then a dream of being known all too well could be your psyche informing you that, for all your secrets, you still want to be known by at least one person even as you dread it and worry it might lead to being controlled and manipulated.

See, your mind will pull upon the information you make accessible to it, including past lives. To you, the symbol of emotional closeness is the long-haired girl, so she can easily become the stand-in character your psyche uses to help you see and reflect on your desires and fears. Past life relationships can be strong symbols for our present life dreams while processing present life problems that are unrelated to the past in almost every way other than some essential overlap. It's like the difference between the generic icon we recognize as a key, and actually holding the real key to a real lock. The past life memory was a "key to its own lock" at the time, but it can become the "icon of a key" when you're facing some kind of lock to which you have yet to find the key in this life. This does not mean that past life individual is also the key this time.

In other words, it's possible that none of what you experienced was external.

Now, if the dreams really don't reflect your daily struggles with current relationships and life in any way, then it's possible you're either 1) reliving past life experiences or 2) experiencing feedback through a spiritual connection with someone who is going through their own process of facing current life struggles (and who might be associating your image with things unrelated to you not realizing you're actually another person in her dream).

In this case, what fireflydancing suggested will be very helpful. It's hard to really come to a point where you understand this concept enough to practice it in a dream. You have to practice holding your boundaries with people in real life; and really filling and owning your personal, emotional, and spiritual space before you can carry that ability into your dreams with you.

However, if someone is stepping into your psychic space, you can boot them right back out again as long as you remain aware that you own your space. You can control what they are and are not permitted to do to you. You can set clear boundaries "respect me or leave" and they have to accept that limit. If they refuse to respect you own yourself and your choices then they have to leave. There is no other option.

It's good to know how to do this in general, because we run into people who want to control us all the time in life, whether impersonally through advertising or personally because they want you to take care of some need they have.

Yes, you really can "freeze the dream" and change the dynamic of the encounter. You can replace a creepy, isolated setting with a safe coffee shop with people who care about you standing by in case you need protection. You can break free of an attempt to capture and control you and lecture them on respect and free will.

And I say "you can" because six years ago I was a victim of my dreams, stalked and attacked by my ex. As I learned to own my space in my own mind and real life, I was able to take that same self-ownership into my dreams. Now, every time he shows up I completely own that dream. He may try to humiliate me or hurt me, but I always, always turn the tables on him somehow and walk away from the dream feeling even more independent and empowered. These days he usually shows up when something happens that leaves me feeling threatened in real life ... feeling inadequate for a project, being rejected, etc. My dreams may use him to represent that feeling of powerlessness, but his image can no longer control the outcome.

I have the mental, emotional, and spiritual skills to create an eventual positive outcome no matter what comes my way in the moment. I know I can always learn to do better, I can always find something of worth to learn. I don't lose to bullies or to circumstances because there is no end to this game I'm playing, and therefore I always have another positive action available to me.

If you can learn to really see this capacity in yourself, you won't be controlled in dreams or in real life. Even when your options are limited, you will still be the one making the choices. I hope this helps!