would you base a past life theory purely on coincidences?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by mike121, Nov 1, 2013.

1. mike121

mike121 New Member

i think i may have been someones dad in my previous life but have no recollection of it at all. ive tried using Brian Weiss's dvd but i cant remember a thing.

ive only had 4 romantic relationships with women. the 3rd one was very loving but very unusual. we were dating for 6 months but for some reason we never had sex and she would only let me kiss her on the cheek, never on the lips. we would hug. i really loved her. she was 50 years old and i was only 33 years old. she was extremely good looking for a 50 year old woman. i always had a tendency to be attracted to older women but never 17 years older than me. one day i was waiting for her at a cafe and i waved at her and she saw me, and then she turned her back on me and walked away like she didnt know me. i couldnt figure out what i had done wrong. i figured that women are supposed to be unpredictable so i told myself to just forget about it and go home and have a beer. when i got home she called me on the phone and asked me to marry her. i was totally caught off guard and confused so i said "i would marry you if you were the same age as me". i later figured out that you should never say that to a woman. the relationship crumbled quickly after that. i havent spoken to her in 10 years although i still think about her often, always wishing that i hadnt said that, and wishing that i had the courage to be more aggressive sexually to see if she would let me make love to her. i wouldnt want to mary a woman who is 17 years older but i wished i had told her that i loved her and had been able to sleep with her.

ive loved airplanes all my life to the point of obsession, i took my flight test after years of flight lessons. i never used to get nervous during exams in high school or college but for some reason on the day of my flight test was the most nervous day of my entire life, the tension was incredible, im mean i was so nervous it was surreal. on the morning of my flight test i was taking a taxi to the airport that was 20 miles away from where i lived, but by coincidence someone else who lived near me was going to the same town as the airport i was going to, so the taxi was detoured to pick up this person on the way. the person was picked up at a public park near where i lived, but i had never known this park was there. the park has swings and stuff for kids like slides and pick-nick tables and for some reason it also has the 1950's F-9-F Grumman cougar fighter jet on display. i couldnt believe there was a military jet plane in a public park, here it is:

http://www.abpic.co.uk/popup.php?q=1315418

i later found out that the F-9-F Grumman cougar is the exact model plane that her father died in 1961 when she was 11 years old.

so the coincidences are:

her father was killed in that plane 1961 and i was born in 1967.

the taxi was detoured to this park on my flight test which was literally the most intense day of my entire life, i passed my flight test but the flight examiner said that he had never seen a student pilot as nervous as that during a flight test ever.

its rare for a woman to ask a man to marry her, its usually the man who is supposed to ask, even rarer for a 50 year old woman to ask a 33 year old man to marry.

she was one of the most important romantic relationships ive had in my life because ive only had 4 romantic relationships.

she asked me to marry despite she refused to kiss on the lips and we never got to having sex.

the chances of the exact plane her father got killed in being so near my house seems astronomical, the U.S. air force has had almost a thousand different types of airplanes. also i think its rare for a military jet to be found in a public park.

in the next place i lived i ended up staying at someones house for a month which was literally across the street from the plane.

8 years later i moved to my current residence which is a 30 minit walk to the plane.

i would like to believe all this but my heart tells me it could just be a coincidence. i cant remember anything about my past lives. it sure would be cool if it was true, to have been a dashing fighter jet pilot. except for a girl loosing her dad at age 11, then unknowingly meeting him again when shes 50, proposing marriage and then getting rejected by her dad.

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

There is no such thing as coincidence. So you think you might be her dad? What do you know about the "Blue Angels"? They are an "elite" team that does acrobatic maneuvers at public airshows around the world. Only the best of the best US Navy pilots get to be "Blue Angels". Maybe there was a crash in your area in 1961?

3. mike121

mike121 New Member

thanks

her dad wasnt in the blue angels, most F-9-Fs were military.

i did try to look up pilot deaths in the F-9-Fs that might have her last name and didnt find it. i wondered if her last name might not be her dads last name if her mom remarried.

4. argonne1918

That's possible. Yes, The F-9-Fs were very common in the early 60's. When the navies switched from prop planes to jets the steam catapult on the aircraft carrier became even more important. Most prop fighter planes didn't need the catapult, but the jets all did.

5. mike121

mike121 New Member

its only a couple months ago that i started wondering if theres a connection of the flight test, the plane, and her and her father. but 2 years ago before i had connected all this in my mind out of curiosity i searched for her with google and found her facebook page and recognized her picture. i wrote her a couple of messages without mentioning anything about reincarnation, just saying hi, how are you, heres where i live now etc. she ignored both messages. i still have her facebook address.

after i made the connection of the flight test and her father etc, i told this whole story to my dad because my dad is very spiritual and claims that he can remember that he had a past life in india. he said the same thing you said "There is no such thing as coincidence", and we went to the park and walked around the plane a few times and he said that he doesnt know if it is really true but "all arrows point to it being true" i mentioned to him that i was wondering if she sent me pictures of her dad etc might ring a bell and make me remember something. she is in her early 60s now and wont be around forever so if i was ever going to ask her to send me photos of her dad (me?) her mom (my wife?) and her brothers and the house she lived in, and pictures of what she looked like when she was 10 years old. (my heart tells me i probably still wouldnt remember anything)

my dad who i believe is very wise said that speaking about past life things with people like this can be dangerous, especially if she ignored both of my polite hello messages is a sign that i should no longer communicate with her.

on the one hand im so curious to tell her this story asking to see these pictures but on the other hand she could write back: "your just some nerd who wishes he could have had me" or worse, since i havent been in a relationship in a long time and just now getting back into dating, reconnecting with her could stifle my progress to get back on my feet again. im pretty sure i will take my dads advice and not communicate with her.

she used to believe in reincarnation but according to her facebook page she has become a devout christian and Christianity doesnt believe in or care about reincarnation.

im just getting back into dating now, i cant risk any setbacks, i think i must take my dads advice and not communicate to her about this.

it sure is weird walking around the plane with all this and not being able to remember a single thing.

6. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I think it would be "weird" for both of you if you contacted her now. Your dad sounds very wise. I definitely wouldn't do it. I understand why you think the coincidences add up. They do, and I would have reached the same conclusions that you did. Have you tried looking up her name on ancestry.com? They often have photographs attached to family trees.

7. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I would also consider an akashic reading wherein you could find out from your records if you were an f9f pilot...if not, why the fascination with the plane...what your relationship is with this woman from a soul level and where the obvious mutual attraction comes from...also, like your dad and briar rose, I would not , under any circumstances contact her again.

8. argonne1918

I agree. She might think you have mental problems.

9. mike121

mike121 New Member

i really want to talk to her to find out about her dad. i promise i wont do it unless both my father and you guys approve and think its ok

before she became devout christian she was into yoga which believes in reincarnation, she said something about that she might have been in a harem in a past life and felt like she might have had a past life in india.

i promise i wont do anything unless both my dad and you guys say ok

its the scientific mind in me that wants to explore and find out about possibly myself.

10. firebird

firebird Registered User

Personally, I wouldn’t contact the woman again. She has already ignored several of your messages. When someone makes it clear they don’t want to speak with you, you don’t persist with the attempts to contact. You need to respect her space. I understand you want to gather some information from her about this possible past life, but I agree with usetawuz - you should try and do this via an experienced reader.

... and the fact that you “cannot remember a single thing” ... well, you have remembered – the memory has come to you via a set of life experiences/coincidences. Now if you want more information, seek a good reader out - they will help you out with more specific details. All is not lost.

11. BriarRose

I totally agree with firebird. Do not contact the woman again. It might cause her pain. Try to find a good psychic reader to get your questions answered.

12. mike121

mike121 New Member

ok

most of the time im thinking that i should just focus all my energy on making the best of this life because i have problems, but sometimes i wish i could talk to her and find out more about her dad.

it didnt work because i do not know the name on her birth certificate because during the time we were dating she stubbornly refused to tell me her original name, she had changed her name when she got into yoga which i think was during college and she was really stubborn about not telling me her birth name. i wonder if she had told me would i have remembered something, and since parents name their child, might i have been the person who named her. i figured the reason an adult would not tell her original name must be because she must have had a rough upbringing. so my dad says the reason i should not talk to her is because i might have been the cause of her rough upbringing. i try to imagine what it would have been like if my mom had died when i was 11 and i can see it would have totally destroyed my personality. but i think the mother son connection is more intense than the father daughter connection (right?)

is this someone who i can ask about my past without saying anything about pilots? other wise i would not be convinced.

there were other coincidences, in the late 1990s i had a powerful obsession with building models of 1950s jet prototypes and she said during the 50s her dad was a test pilot at edwards airforce base.

she was raised in california, and said her dad was a flight instructor during WWII and as a child i was very interested in WWII history and mostly the pacific theater.

i was fortunate enough to start my flight training in 1988 when cockpits still resembled the cockpits of the 1940's 50's and 60's, now days modern planes have "glass cockpits" like a computer screen as opposed to individual gauges, dials and switches, i think i felt a vague familiarity, also when studying the manual. things like the phonetic alphabet.

i figure he must have been born around 1910 because it takes some experience to become a flight instructor by WWII. i see that there were famous aviation films such as "wings" that came out in 1927 and the 1930s and those might have inspired people to want to be pilots, i tried to watch them but such old films seem silly to me. i did see one of these when i was about 4 and was impressed but not extremely.

i "drove" around edwards airforce base on google street view but wasnt sure if i felt anything.

when i was 11 i went on a class school trip to a museum in philadelphia, where they had an indoor exhibit of the Lockheed T-33 trainer which is similar to the f-9-f and i went crazy over it, i was so spaced out i didnt notice the class went to the next room and i found my self all alone sitting in the cockpit. walking around the plane i accidentally hit my face really hard on the wing.

13. argonne1918

Many people back then were inspired by the "barn stormer" pilots in the 1920's. These were WWI veteran pilots who bought surplus "Jenny's" after the war and went around the country doing stunts like flying through open barns, etc. These were often the first time people on the ground had ever seen a real airplane up close. The US government also helped by paying these early pilots to fly mail between cities. I'm sure you have heard of Charles Lindberg. He was the first person to fly solo between the US and Europe in May, 1927. It took 27 hours. He was an instant hero and got a ticker tape parade in New York City when he returned. Many would-be pilots were inspired by him. There was a movie made about him in 1957 called "The Spirit of St. Louis". That was the name of his plane.

14. BriarRose

The father-daughter connection can be just as strong, as mother-son. Did you ever feel a compulsion to join the Air Force? I've been on Edwards several times. My ex- husband and father-in-law were USAF, so I am familiar with bases. I don't think a google map would evoke many memories. People are sad from losing a parent at a young age, but seldom "destroyed". Life goes on, and if we are healthy, we eventually move on with it. I think people change their birth names for many reasons. Sometimes, they don't express who we really are. I do think you were a pilot. How do you feel about WWII era films?

15. mike121

mike121 New Member

mostly i wanted to be a commercial pilot but i would have loved to be an air force pilot if i had 20/20 uncorrected vision, they dont accept pilots who wear eyeglasses or contacts, it was also a big hindrance in order to be a commercial pilot, i had no idea that there would be LASIK eye surgery in the future. i was really depressed about this from 1988 to 1995, almost a decade. in 1995 Orthokeratology was perfected and i got my eyes fixed this way which is better than LASIK because its not surgery, its just you have to wear contact lenses that are more and more concaved to gradually change the shape of the cornea until your vision is 20/20. its better because unlike surgery it leaves no scars that can be seen in the medical exam. once the persons vision reaches 20/20 the person has to wear the lenses at least 2 hours a day to maintain the shape of the cornea.

im glad we are having this conversation because it gives me insite into the strange ways of fate or gods plan, after i got my eyes fixed i somehow lost interest in pursuing my pilot career despite that i had been depressed and moping around over not being able to be a pilot for a decade because of my vision. back in 1991 i did manage to get my private pilots license and my flight instructor was always lecturing me on how dangerous flying a plane is, he showed me an article about the top 100 most dangerous jobs and pilot was number one, more dangerous than being a cop, more dangerous than being in the army or asbestos removal. he told me horrible stories of his pilot friends dying to try to quell my enthusiasm, and then he himself died in a crash in 2002. i didnt loose interest in pilot career for that reason but after i lost interest in a pilot career i ended up doing computer programming that involved being in contact with retired airline pilots and they all tell me the same thing. most of my contact is with a retired L-1011 pilot which is like a 747 and he says all his pilot friends have died in crashes. i just researched WWII flight instructor and found that half of all the american pilots who died in WWII did not die in combat, they died in either training or accidents. so there i was back then so depressed about not being able to be a pilot and now it looks almost as if it was fate preventing me from being killed a second time?

just to clarify, riding in a commercial airliner is not that dangerous, the statistic of pilot being the most dangerous job is misleading because most pilots fly planes like cessnas that have only 1 engine, only 1 set of flight controls and are not nearly as safe as million dollar commercial jets.

someone gave me a book with that story when i was 13, i was really interested, read the whole story. im glad you reminded me of that, this could have been something that could have inspired someone born around 1910 to become a pilot.

16. mike121

mike121 New Member

17. argonne1918

There is a saying in aviation circles that goes way back to the early days and is probably still true today: "There are old pilots and there are bold pilots. But there are NO old, bold pilots." Do you know the lyrics to the Air Force theme song?

18. mike121

mike121 New Member

i had no idea the us air force had a theme song, i looked it up on youtube to listen to it and wikipedia has the lyrics, very interesting, thanks for that! :)

[edit] july 20th 2014

i tried to add some more coincidences i recently realized to the list but the edit feature is not letting me,

i found out that at one point i lived in the apartment on the floor above the apartment she had lived a few years earlier,

her father was a test pilot and at one point i had a crazy obsession with building models of 1950s prototype jets.