Would you go public?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Mar 16, 2008.

?

Would you go public?

1. Yes - absolutely

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No - no way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe - depends on the venue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am still thinking about it - will post thoughts later

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

If given the opportunity to go public with your past life memories - would you? If so why? If not -- why not? I asked this in the children's section a few months ago. But this is for the adults.

What are the ramifications of being up front and honest about the subject of reincarnation? Why do some feel guilty for even reading this forum - and yet they believe? Why do others jump out and post their memories and thoughts without question? What are your thoughts and how do you feel about it?

2. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

I chose "maybe - depends on the venue."

I think for me - it would depend entirely upon the circumstances and how it was being presented etc.

If it would benefit reincarnation research to discuss my personal experiences - and it was done by a reputable institution/company/reporter then I would definitely have no issues speaking up and sharing.

Aili :)

3. Military

Military New Member

I voted the same as you did and I also feel the same way you do. :thumbsup:

4. PaulAdams

PaulAdams New Member

I voted "maybe".

The situation of telling unknown people my (personal) business is... unpleasant (regarding this or other lives).

:eek:

5. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

I agree with Aili too. I have only gone public with my memories on this forum or to people I know from this forum.

I have considered writing a book with a reincarnation story, but not my own (just a fiction story), so it sort of pseudo going public. It's enough to go public with the fact that I believe in reincarnation - it'd be too big a mouthful for people if I also let them in on my own memories, imo.

:)

6. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I also chose "maybe". I don't think I would, but if I had a really strong case with finding my PL-self and family in the records with other validations, and the company covering the story would be a good one with a reporter I would trust... Then perhaps. :)

I don't usually talk much about my experiences. I've noticed that even with people, who are open to the idea of reincarnation, sharing personal experiences makes them often somehow uncomfortable. Maybe it's because if you're not familiar with PL work, it's difficult to believe anyone could have detailed memories and information of their past lives. That you don't have to be a guru. :D

Karoliina

7. Deborah

The reason I am asking is Oprah is taking a poll and requesting stories from people who live in the Chicago area to talk about it on national TV.

So far over 70% believe - (almost 8,000 have voted). So - now that you know it's Oprah would you if you were asked?

8. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

I don't live in the Chicago area - so she won't ask me ;)

I think I would not mind to go public - however only with carefully chosen past lives not with all of them.

I don't make it a secret that I believe in reincarnation - but talk about it only when asked.

Clivia

9. martydee

martydee New Member

I might do it for Oprah. But it would have to be on my terms -- delving into deeper meanings and more painful experiences is strictly off limits. But a light incident or two, of which I do have quite a few, I might be able to live with. We'll see, when she asks me.

Martin

10. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

:thumbsup:Great question, Deborah. I have no problem sharing my beliefs regarding reincarnation. I am not one to advertise just for the sake of advertising, and I am a private person, but if someone is talking about it, or I'm asked to share before a public forum, you betcha! My goal would never be to "convert," but to simply say my truth. And, one's truth is the most important thing there is.

11. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I agree with most everyone above. Going public with such personal things makes me uncomfortable. I would not hesitate to speak in generalities, as I am a committed believer, but to delve into the primary recollection as my great grandfather would involve people still here around me...and from that life. I would not want to place my family and friends in the difficult or awkward position of accepting my memories.

In addition, being a spokesman for reincarnation is a critical position. I believe that our culture is slowly accepting it and I want it to be understood in very mature and responsible terms. It would be very easy for the media to misinform and set us back another 100 years. Reincarnation is such a beautiful and ancient concept/theory/reality, that I hope it is presented in an intelligent and compassionate manner.

So I guess I'm a "maybe"...........

Tinkerman

12. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

Thank you so much for posting that link, Deborah.

I do live within driving distance of Chicago, and I'm willing to go public and speak out about reincarnation, on her terms.

I filled out the form, let's see what happens.

Phoenix

13. Deborah

You're welcome. Good Luck Phoenix! Keep us posted. ;)

14. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

One of the reasons I signed up for this board back then was because there weren't - and still aren't - any venues in Denmark where you can air ideas about reincarnation without being a member of some pagan organisation. There was at one time a programme where a few Jane and John Dos were regressed by a professional and then went on a quest to validate the facts they had gotten, but instead of getting a lot response on how interesting it was people were highly critical.

We miss someone like Oprah in Denmark, who can talk about unconventional subjects like this without loosing her/his high esteem in society. So unfortunately there aren't any venues where I could go public in Dk. You are lucky that reincarnation apparantly is getting more absorbed into the minds of the Americans so that Oprah finds it relevant to discuss.

15. GreenKnight

GreenKnight Senior Registered

I would not. Specially not to Ms Winfrey on National TV. Nothing against her personally.

I am a very private person. There are nuts and "religious "kooks out there. I would worry about the safety of my family. These days of violence and insanity....no I would not go public in such a venue.