• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Wounded Knee?

vivithebird

Senior Registered
Hello,

I've just recalled a memory from this life, from a few years ago...

I was reading a history book, and got to the part about the battle of wounded knee, where all the Native Americans were killed.

Usually, I can read about death and stuff like that, no problem. But this was different... I started crying, a lot, for no reason!

The only thing I can think of to explain it was that I was there, maybe? Is it normal to have severe emotions about things you've expierianced in a past life?

Welcome to the forum!

One of the things that I came across in a book not too long ago (I have read so many now I forgot which one, but the impact of the statement has stayed with me)- is that when we react emotionally to scenes in a movie or book we have lived through the same experience or something similar. The images triggered an emotional response which could indicate a PL at Wounded Knee. However - there were many massacres - raids, and battles fought. You might have been in one of them instead.

Have you done any regression work or meditations around your feelings?

I've tried meditation, but it didn't really help...

Also, in this past week, I have heard the term "Wounded Knee" twice, both referring to the massacre! I got a lump in my throut, and almost started crying both times. Odd, because in the past year, I think that was the only two times I heard those words!

Let's look past the obvious. Maybe you were there Viv....and you survived it. Maybe you lost loved ones there.

Or pehaps you were there as a soldier and with the lessons you have learned since, you now realize how wrong it was. Then again maybe it is the obvious and you were murdered there.

I get angry myself reading about Wounded Knee and Sandy Creek and all the other slaughtering of the Native American Nations. The difference is that it makes you sad It's evidently more personal to you. You must definetly be connected. Keep us posted if any new facts come to light.

More info?

I may have more information!

The other day, I read something about Wounded Knee. It almost made me start to cry again... But, it said "...killed nearly 200 Souix men, women, and children..."

Instantly, I thought "It was worse than that!"

You are right. It was worse. According to Dee Brown in his classic book on Native History "Bury my heart at Wounded Knee" the death count for the Native people was closer to 350 men women and children.
Brown offers a very detailed description of the massacre in the last chapter in his book.

Wondering if any members have memories of being at Wounded Knee - on either side?

Back