Xenoglossy

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Wizard, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Thank you phoenix for that - I will do some research on that - would you know some links which guide me there - does not matter if in german or in english as german is my mothertongue

Clivia :)

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

I'm sorry, I don't know how to do the Amazon links to books. (but sometimes the magic forum elves known as moderators come along and they appear in my posts :thumbsup: )

I've seen references to that created rune in numerous books related to the SS and how the runes that were used in various way by the organization.

However the best work that does a translation of the writings of Weisthor, and a full analysis of the runes and the 'rune master' without getting into all the fanciful 'ss occultism' is:

The Secret King: Karl Maria Wiligut, Himmler's Lord of the Runes

Another good reference book is Heinrich Himmler's Camelot, which is out of print (not sure if that's "again" or "still").

Good hunting.

Phoenix

3. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Thanks Phoenix for these links - will have a look at it :)

Clivia

4. curious_girl

curious_girl Curious Member

The thing is that I love languages, they most of all come easily to me, but I don't think that's past life related..

When I was young French was always very special to me, I wanted to learn French as soon as possible.

And I already could sing few French songs before I could read or write the language.

With German I have different experiences.

In high school I had the most strict and stern teacher one could imagine and I was the worst student ever.

Until I discovered 19th century German poetry, and it was all of a sudden "my" language.

Which made me feel nostalgic for some reason.

Perhaps it depends on the sort of past life and the sort of memories whether a language comes easily to us or not.

Or we need a certain trigger to start remembering.

Curious Girl.

5. tpicco

tpicco New Member

Of all the lives I recalled, I was always aware of what was going on regardless of thelanguage. Most of the time I didn't even notice any particular language, just events and feelings.

The only snippet wherein I recall a language at all is in revoltionary France. I am talking to a group of peasants in Paris who think they should hang me because I am dressed a little too well. I am talking very rapidly, trying to save myself. In that recall i am aware of all of us speaking in French, but the words mean nothing. I do know I am scrambling verbally for my life.

BTW, I didn't hang.

6. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello Chris. This is an interesting thread.

I have experienced xenoglossy in varying degrees over the years. The most prevalent has always been German. I knew nothing of the language or the country until the army sent me there. My first experiences were very comfortable, like I had some innate knowledge...a certain comfort level unexpected for a foreigner dumped "cold turkey" into strange environment. It seems I could instinctively understand what was being said, as you said, intuition was an obvious factor. They always told me I spoke great German after a few beers:rolleyes:...was that the beer, or was it the alcohol induced removal of current life inhibitions? I don't know, but I felt instinctively at home. All of this was years before the revelation of reincarnation, yet it seems so apparent, that this is/was a part of my particular journey. My primary memories are of my great grandfather a 19th century German immigrant and Kansas pioneer.

When I sit alone in my office, my old cat curls up in my lap and I instinctively speak an old form of German to him. It was never a conscious thing...til one day I caught myself. It was just naturally flowing "pet talk" gibberish until I listened and heard.

I also find myself in my dreams speaking to my love in that language. A poignant reminder to me of the proximity of our heart and soul. The language from those emotional times is most definitely just below the surface and rises on occasion like a Humpback needing air.

The other experience I've had is in the Native American area. It too resides in an area just below the waters of Lithe. My ability to comprehend and relate to them has no basis in my current life. They should be foreign and confusing, yet they are natural and almost instinctive, especially in the area of song, chant and ceremony. I'm simply allowing that part of my past life to evolve at its own pace.

Phoenix: I thought I was the only one with the grey-gray thing!! lol

Tinkerman

7. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Hi Phoenix

i do have to appologize for the fact that 'got' is no swedish word - the swedish word for good is 'gott' - sorry for that - my swedish got obviously a bit rusty over the years :eek:

Clivia

8. Laurasia

Laurasia Senior Registered

Hello Chris.

I have also experienced this phenomena when working with Hans, my Nazi past life. While I know a bit a German (I've always been drawn to learn the language, but have never practiced like one should when trying to properly learn a new language ;) ), I cannot keep up with a native speaker.

In most of my recollections the words come out in English, yet in some everything is in German - yet I can still understand it. Stranger still is that sometimes when I use automatic writing to get information about Hans it comes out in German. The good thing about that is I wouldn't have to try to remember the German, as it's written down in front of me. ;)

It is rather odd & difficult to explain how one just knows what is being said in a foreign tongue during a recollection though. ;)

Sincerely,

Laurasia

9. curious_girl

curious_girl Curious Member

Now we're talking about German anyway...

I think I spoke a dialect in my past life.

Because I remember some phrases that feel right but they're probably not grammatically correct.

And I also have the habit of using a certain spelling that isn't in use for at least a century.

Most of all I don't notice this, until I've seen what I've written.

Or until someone asks me in which century my German teacher was born :D

Curious Girl.

10. santos

santos New Member

words

Hello,

All my life I have had a list of words out of no where that mean something to me but are not english or any other language that I know of. Anybody else?

11. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi santos,

Welcome to the forum - :)

Yes, i've also experienced a language that I don't understand in my present life during meditation. The proper term for it is called "xenoglossy", and it can be a good indication of past-life recall. There are a few threads on this topic here in the forum, just type it into the search box at the top of the page.

Did you write down the words that you heard? Maybe somebody here could help you with a translation. And i'm also curious to know how you experienced the words, did you hear them in a dream? or perhaps while meditating? Can you remember how they made you feel? Happy? Sad? Angry? Sorry for all the questions, i'm just curious - : angel

I hope you enjoy yourself here, take some time to read the FAQ and feel free to join in with any of the discussions.

Chris - ;)

12. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Hi Santos:)

and welcome

as Chris already wrote - do you have a list of these words ?

it would be interesting if youy would post them here - only if you want of course

do you feel any connection of these words to any particular past life ?

I hope you enjoy your time here and find at least some answers best wishes

Clivia

13. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello Santos and welcome. I have the same questions as Chris and Clivia.

Tinkerman

14. jhskulk

jhskulk New Member

Hi Chris,

Just to be a bit pedantic, but usually xenoglossy refers to being able to meaningfully communicate in the specific language(s) and not simply recalling or remembering a few words. The former is a skill that is being expressed that has not known to have been learned, while the latter could probably reasonably be considered to simply be memories and not skills.

Having said that, if you can discover what language the words are in, and communicate in the language, that would be xenoglossy.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

15. crtrptr62

crtrptr62 New Member

Once I was at a rest stop and I saw an old white station wagon and I could not take my eyes off it.

It had curtains on its windows. It sort of looked like an old-time ambulance. In black lettering on the door was the word Vigote.

As far as I've found, it's just a word in Spanish meaning "beard'" I think. I am not sure if it was the word or the car itself that unnerved me, but whatever it was sure did seem creepy to me.

16. ChrisR

Hi jhskulk

There are two types of xenoglossy, you must mean responsive xenoglossy? I was suggesting that santos has been experiencing recitative xenoglossy - where the person can only speak a few words without understanding what they are.

Sorry, I didn't really feel that it was necessary to point that out in my first point - : angel

Chris - :)

17. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Hi Santos and welcome! :)

I'm also very curious to see the words (if you want to share them of course) - since this is an international place many languages are represented, so we may be able to help you identify it :thumbsup:

18. Kay

Kay Senior Registered

Hi santos and welcome to the forum I hope you will enjoy your time here. I have had two ocassions when I have been in the state between wake and sleep and a word that I have never heard of, or have any idea what the meaning is has come to me out of nowhere. Both times I was startled completely awake by it. I did do some searching on the words but never found anything that meant anything to me so I dont know if there was any relevance in them for me or not.

Kind Regards

Kay

19. ChrisR

Have any of the newer members ever experienced speaking in a language that is unfamiliar to you in your present life while remembering a past life?

20. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

Well, I'm kind of embarrassed about this, but I have been known to mutter jibberish at the cusp of waking up, and I've been doing that more and more lately. Once I woke up in the middle of the night (I felt like I was being attacked) and I clentched my fist and yelled "Shai!!!" (pronounced "shy", but with a much more aggressive intent) It was like a battle cry. I have a good familiarity with many (European) languages and I don't have a clue as to what that might mean.

Also, when I first started doing research into John Paul Jones's life, my normal American accent occasionally drifted into a Scottish lilt, which could easily be explained by an overactive imagination (I was an actress in college and high school and it's easy for me to reproduce foreign accents).