Your most intense memory of PL

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Ghost of Gumby, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Ghost of Gumby

Ghost of Gumby Hi, Friends : )

What was your most intense memory of a past life?

Was this memory A) a dream B) a vision or flashback C) a meditation D) deja vous E) a strong feeling about being someone else in another place and time F) Other

2. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

My most intense experience in viewing a pl was during a pl meditation. It was an egyptian lifetime murder of my closest friend (the ex-fiance in this lifetime)...full emotional impact, both in its effect on me in my earlier life, as well as the resultant viewing of it from my current lifetime.

Another benefit of this viewing was how simple and clear and almost, but not quite, "unimportant" our incarnate beings really are...its the experience which is paramount and never goes away...from my meditational point of view this particular lifetime held some incredibly important truths for me. First, while incarnate we are dramatically susceptible to earthly impulses and influences; second, we incarnate to earth to experience at least one thing that will affect our growth...it may be to commit a murder, or it may be to be murdered...or any number of other things; third, there was a distinct sense after watching the scene that this was a necessary event and while it looked like a really bad, sickening and hateful act, it sent alot of things in a positive direction and it was considered a sacrifice of sorts and something for which I was to be proud(?!).

The strongest experiential pl was more of an ongoing effect a particular location had on me...In the late '80's I spent 16 weeks in Newport R.I.. I am a naturally positive, happy and energetic individual but upon my arriving and throughout my time there, I suffered frequent bouts of melancholy, sudden tears (c'mon!) and on two occasions I nearly blacked out while driving across a small bridge. I was also very familiar with the town without having ever been there in this lifetime. My belief was that I was somehow off kilter about going to Officer Candidate School, but that didn't make much sense as it was something I had always wanted to do, and I was fine just before and after leaving Newport.

I later found in 1905 I died in a car accident in the exact location on the bridge in which I nearly blacked out.

3. kemetic18

kemetic18 Senior Registered

Most of my memories from my past life during the Holocaust are intense and disturbing - and I fear, the worst of them I do not (and will not) remember.

The one that really left an impression on me was a memory of having my leg broken as part of some sick medical experiment. I experienced this memory during a meditation - the panic and fear, kicking for all I was worth, being held down, and worst of all the sickening cracking sound. :( :(

4. windows2thesoul

windows2thesoul Probationary

Good question. I have lots of intense memories, but the most recent (and hard to heal) is one memory of my ex lover who decided to move on and marry somebody else. Back then I was a painter and they were a model, and we were both men with an open gay relationship. However, we did not know how the other truly felt or said "I love you" which makes me think that's the reason they moved on. I discovered this memory after the same thing happened to me in this life while meditating.

5. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

Probably the most intense memory for me was my 16th century life being tried and executed as an accused witch. The first time I regressed back to that life I remembered the trial scene. The intensity of the moment was felt immediately. The hatred of everyone in the town bearing down on me, the feeling of persecution, and the terrifying reality of what a guilty sentence meant. In the memory I was in tears because the weight of the moment was too much. It's not hard for me to see how I have a hard time expressing my personal beliefs when I'm face-to-face with people because subconsciously I'm afraid of experiencing that kind of persecution again.

6. dr_what

dr_what New Member

i've actually had 2 really intense dreams. and all were in recurring dreams i've had since i was around 5 or 6

one, i was back in WW2, and i was in the SS. i was standing on the ramps where they brought the people to Auschwitz for selections. i was with Mengele, and in my dream i hated the man with a passion, but i always had to go with him to the ramps. (i still hate Mengele even in this lifetime, not because of what he did, but i just really dislike him as a person) i remembered hating the fact that he was condemning the people to death like it was nothing, when he refused to have a blood tattoo possibly because he could have non-aryan ancestry. up til just 2 months ago, i had no idea what a blood tattoo was (to identify your blood type, the SS officers had to have their blood type tattooed under their arm, it was also a way of weeding out the mischlinge, because most Nordic types have A blood type, and most Jews and Gypsies have B type), but i remembered in my dream that it annoyed me so much that he refused to get it probably because he most likely had Roma blood. i was tall, blondish-brownish hair like dirty blond, cut short, and i had green eyes.

my 2nd recurring dream, i'm 11 or 12 year old boy, and i'm in Renaissance Spain, learning to make pigments for my paint, and my teacher/mentor is getting on my nerves because he keeps speaking Italian (and i cant speak Italian, i can speak Spanish, Latin, English, and French, so i try to get him to speak Latin because he knows Latin and Italian), and he's making me mad because he keeps telling me that the green isnt green enough to make the grass realistic. (in this lifetime i hate the color green, and even tho i'm pretty good at painting, i hate it). but i'm more interested in watching the woman with the cows and chickens than i am in making pigments. only i'm not all swarthy looking like Spanish people are, i have reddish hair and i'm pale and have green eyes. so i look more English than Spanish, but i'm Spanish :/

but those are my strongest recurring dreams

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
  7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

In a place that might have been on the western coast of Anatolia (now Turkey) a boy of about eight is tending his village's goat and sheep flock in the rocky slopes near the coast, when he spots the ships of foreign soldiers. He knows nothing of politics, nor of the coming war in the larger world around him. All he knows is that the important man from one of the ships has beckoned him to come aboard and receive their hospitality. He is fed and regaled with wonderful stories while given a tour of the main ship and introduced to some of the crew members. But, as he leaves, he notices that his flock is missing. Only after a futile search and after the ships have left, he realizes that the Greeks have stolen them, and he must return to the village empty-handed. Little does he realize that the angry village leaders will force him to leave his powerless parents and live in exile with the wild dogs in the hills. From then on he survives by learning only the baser nature of animals wherein loyalty and trust are earned, and where no trust at all is given to his own kind.

For some, the memory of death and torture may last for a few lifetimes; while, for others, the memory of betrayal and abandonment may last much longer and leaves a trail of behaviors that can cause issues for much longer. Whether the above story actually happened or not is of little importance, in itself. However, it is a true and accurate description of the kind of scenario, which affects this writer's present disposition.

8. PowerofSoul

PowerofSoul New Member

During my meditations, I dn't "open" the memories, but I rather give them permission to roam free without being analyzed by the ego.

I regularly have a flashback inside some church, seeing my "older brother" in the early 1900s.

Actually, whenever I see the old style gas street lamps, I am sent into momentary flashbacks of "feeling" the environment from my last life.

9. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Nightrain, that was a hard lesson and really hit home. I send my deepest wishes for a resolution to and reconciliation with such a scenario.

10. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Now personally have had several intense glimpses into my past lives with one kinda like a vision of sorts and the other as a deja vous.

One was some years ago when I was in a redrock canyon in Southern Utah. I had just been up some canyon meditating and enjoying the canyons environs in some special off the beaten path place. Here in this place was an old Fremont Anasazi Granary up in the cliffs. I was walking back to the nearby trail where for like a minute or two, I saw myself as a young Indian Male. It seemed as if I appeared in about my low 30's with being dressed in nothing but a leather breechcloth and moccasins. My black hair was down to my shoulders. This lasted for a minute or two then faded but the intense memories of this moment have continued.

The other was a intense Deja Vous when I visited the Northern Cheyenne Reservation in Montana some years ago. Some years ago I thought I would visit this reservation after seeing the Custer Battlefield site nearby. This has been the only time I have ever been on this reservation in this present life. Now on this day, immediately when I came on this reservation, I so intensely felt deeply down inside that I was back 'Home' again. This deep sense of feeling like I was back 'Home' stayed with me all day until I left the reservation. Later on in the day, I stopped at the local cemetery here in Lame Deer, Mt. on the reservation. When I was here in the cemetery, I immediately completely broke down and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed even though I had never been here before in this life. I have also dreamed in this life at times of being back on the Northern Cheyenne Reservation. Now since I have been young in this life have been addicted to everything Native American.

Just my two cents worth.