Zuni Life, or Wishful Dreaming

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by BriarRose, Jan 25, 2013.

1. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

In a self regression, I "found" a Zuni Indian life. Last night I had a dream. I have been asking "spirit" for dream confirmation of past lives, and connections with people I know now. I dreamed that my current life daughter and I were in the Southwest U.S., waiting to find her current life father, who is also my husband. We were wearing fetish bags, which were red. I think they were a bright color so that I would remember them later. My current life husband was speaking with a Zuni elder. The elder said, (of me) "This woman will want to wander from place to place. You must remove the handles from all the clay pots she makes, and her iron cooking pot, to prevent this behavior." Weirdly, at two in the morning, this statement seemed significant. I looked up American Indian aphorisms, to see if there were any about "wandering" women, and pot handles! No luck. Any opinions out there?

2. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

BriarRose, personally I have never heard this as regards to 'Pot Handles' and wandering women. Interesting. But I do not know much as regards to pottery and Native American lore. And pottery as this was more in the Southwest then all over.

Now also personally do like this how you are asking the Spirit for dream confirmations as you put it. I have heard of this before but not in the way that you say it here. Interesting and will have to try it myself again soon. Interesting that you are asking for past life connections with people who you know now. Gonna have to try this also and see what happens.

Hope someone knows about those 'Pot handles'. Wishing You the Best!

3. BriarRose

Thank you for trying to help, Kmatjhwy. Maybe I'm trying too hard to get confirmation. When I was quite young, I did enjoy moving from state to state. My "starter" husband, the one with training wheels (some of you may know the model) : angel had jobs that made that easy. It's probably a good thing I traded him in for the " rocking chair" model!

4. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

It sounds like a typical piece of folklore (typical meaning "viable", not "insignificant"). I'm going to see what I can find about the pot handles. They sound important. Symbolic (in my opinion), but important.

5. BriarRose

Thank you. Any help is appreciated. It seemed to matter that the cooking pot was iron, and had iron bolts. The pots must represent something that I value so much that it would be hard to leave behind.

6. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Well, of potential signifcance is that some pottery was symbolic of marriage. You speak of wandering, and I saw your post about having had a previous husband. Perhaps your mind was just reaffirming that you are where you should be?

That it drew on Zuni imagery might be something worth following. Our minds keep files of imagery for a reason. I don't know how into native American cultures you are, but it sounds like a good excuse for a trip to the local library! Research the culture from an academic angle and see what the mind dredges up. (I specify 'academic angle' because if you go into it actively seeking out the spiritual, you could get distracted by what you want to be there. For example, my father wanted so badly for me to have been his grandmother in a PL that he would have dreams confirming this, though my own instincts and PL memories say differently.)

7. BriarRose

I have to think on this. What you say could be true. The Zuni are considered the best potters in the Southwest by many experts. They aren't nomadic, and are very private about their spiritual traditions. The women are powerful, in that they own their dwellings, and can sell them without the husband's permission. The women also conduct all business dealings. It's something of an anomalous culture. They were the last tribe to capitulate during the Pueblo Uprising. Some might argue that they never did. How, and if, this ties into my PL is the problem. All those descriptions of Zuni women fit my behavior in this life, but I may be like your Dad, Shiftkitty, and be arranging wish fulfillment dreams for confirmation.

8. Aelfgyva

Aelfgyva Senior Member Staff Member

Connecting Zuni pottery with totem animal...?

Hello BriarRose...I was taking a look at some very beautiful Zuni pottery in the internet and what I noticed is that most of the pots don't have handles...except the pottery that was in the shape of the owl! Then I seemed to remember that you had said in the post " Totem Animal" that your totem was the owl! I find that very interesting...maybe you too?

9. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Where would they get an iron cooking pot? I don't think Native Americans had any iron or worked with iron. Did they get it from settlers or traders? From Spaniards or Mexicans? That could give you an approximate date range.

10. kmatjhwy

BriarRose, now I wonder what your astrological sign is ... is it by chance 'Sagitarius'. For those with this sign are known as the wanderers of the zodiac. And maybe you were a Sagitarius in this past Zuni life in which you had the desires to wander and roam about. Now personally I am a double sagitarius, sun sign and rising sign, and how much have I wandered in this life with my mountain and desert wilderness journeys.

You also remarked that in Zuni culture that the women owned the dwelling. Interesting. This is the way the many plains tribes were also with the tepee belonging to the women. And they could divorce there husband at will by putting all of his stuff outside the tepee. In marriage the Cheyennes though were known for their chastity with regards to their women. But again the tepee and the dwellings in many of the plains tribes was also the property of the women. And among the Navajo to this day, it is the women who do the business dealings in the family.

I do not know much about the things releting to pottery among many of the southwestern tribes. But just a tidbit from the Mountain Shoshones of the Yellowstone Country. They fashioned pots out of Soapstone which is a soft rock found in places in the mountains. And these pots were the property of the women and the pots were passed down from mother to daughter. At times one can still find some of these pots high up in the mountains somewhere tucked into some crevice. In the Southwest, which I think pertained to the old Anazasi, the pots were usually shattered and broken when they left a place from what I have heard for various reasons.

Also to remark, if your pot was iron, Yes then this only had to be after the Spanish had come to the Southwest.

Hope this helps in some way.

11. BriarRose

Aelfgyva, OMG! I think that is beyond interesting. You are right - my totem is the owl. I think it is a bit of confirmation, or at the least, significant. This will require thought.

Argonne, You are right also. The iron pot would indicate trade with the Spanish. I'll check the dates on the Pueblo Uprising.

12. BriarRose

Kmatjhwy, I am an Aries, but Sagitarius and Gemini are my most compatible signs. My close friends have been Sag, or other Aries, with startling frequency. The daughter in the dream is a Sag, as was the "starter" husband. My wish to "wander" was extreme when I was younger. I think I would like get rid of my "stuff", and be a nomad again for a while. I didn't know that other tribes had the women and property traditions.

13. kmatjhwy

BriarRose, most Indian Tribes were actually more Matriarchial and not Patriarchial with variations from tribe to tribe. At the time when the the western Europeans came to America, Indian women generally had more 'Rights' then western European women did at the time.