• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A childs Pearl Harbor dreams Triggered as an adult.

dc10boy

Hi All, I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade.My life is See, evaluate, fix.this is a bit foreign to me as well as a bit religiously confusing.I've been a longtime lurker here and thought I'd finally share this long post.I'm born Dec.7th and when I was about 3 or 4 I began having horrific nightmares about an attack aboard a ship,moving through the ship a fire in a hallway and the end coming in a white flash.My Mom had a copy of the book "Day Of Infamy" on her nightstand and I immediately identified the U.S.S. Arizona as the ship in the dreams.At about that time I saw the movie trailers for "Tora Tora Tora"I MADE them take me to see it even though I was only 5.My Mom said I began correcting the movie right away.The nightmares eventually faded, but my connection to the Arizona never did I've been there 17 times to pay my respects.The feelings there are quite powerful to me.On my last trip there in July, I took my daughter aboard the USS Missouri, my first tour of a Navy ship.I had very odd feelings there.Coming up from belowdecks I was overpowered by the smell of the oil leaking from the Arizona which was drifting around the Missouri.This was the same oil that filled the passageway and ignited.I felt triggered at that point.A week later while I was in a very exhausted state I had the nightmare again. I was shaken up and wrote down every detail I could remember from the dream.After 9 months of research helped along by Navy veteran friends and Susan Wisehart it seems my nightmares exactly match survivors accounts and the route taken matches the ships plans found in the National Archives.my descriptions of interior spaces match up as well.The historian for the U.S.S. Arizona reunion association said she had one other encounter with someone with a similar situation.He was also a Dec.7th birthday.The nightmares seem to contain the last minutes of someones life.Is this kind of recall in an adult common?I also seem to have a clear recall of being on the deck of the Arizona and clearly know its layout.I have not been regressed at this point.
Stan

Welcome to the forum. We are glad you finally decided to share your story. Yes, I think this is a past life memory and you may have indeed been on the Arizona. There is another battleship besides the U.S.S. Missouri that you can visit and tour. The U.S.S. Iowa was under construction on December 7, 1941. It finally entered combat in 1943. Today it's on permanent display in Los Angeles. They have a website. Did you know the Arizona was based at San Pedro / Los Angeles before Pearl Harbor? They were sent to Pearl Harbor six months before the attack. The families of the Arizona crew members lived in San Pedro. Tora, Tora, Tora was the best movie about Pearl Harbor. And it was made before there were any computer generated special effects. BTW, I used to know two people who were born on December 7.

Thank you Argonne.The U.S.S. Texas near Houston is actually the closest thing to Arizona remaining. She is BB-35.Arizona was BB-39.I have not been there yet but plan a trip soon.I will be going back to Arizona soon as well.A lot of the pics I found supporting my descriptions of spaces come from the Texas.According to Susan Wisehart I somehow did this right.I hand wrote my nightmare narrative and scanned it into my computer.I then put it into the hands of 3rd parties so it is uneditable as I find out new info.All the photos and statements I found after that are time stamped with the date of discovery.I hope to prove almost scientifically a connection exists.I knew about San pedro and was heartbroken to know she was to leave for the west coast on Dec.8th.So sad.I wish I could find out who's memory this is.According to Daniel Martinez of the National Park Service and the historian of the USS Arizona reunion association all records of divisions, transfers between divisions and action station assignments were lost aboard ship.My daughter bought me the book "The Men of the USS Arizona" for my birthday.It contains the pictures and story of every man aboard.Many newly published survivor stories.I also noted 3 different guys who looked very similar to myself.Very intriguing

dc10boy said:
Is this kind of recall in an adult common?I also seem to have a clear recall of being on the deck of the Arizona and clearly know its layout.I have not been regressed at this point.
Stan
Hi Stan,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your very interesting story. This type of adult recall is not uncommon. Recurring vivid dreams (or nightmares) especially from childhood, are one of the most common ways to recall past lives - although a lot of people would not understand that they might be having a past life memory, but just think it was an upsetting dream. There is no reason to assume that this is someone else's life you are recalling. I would suggest it is very likely your own most recent life.

Visiting a place you have been before, especially as this one is complete with smells of oil and so forth, is a very good way to recover more memories while awake too. Memories tend to be triggered by familiar places, smells, sometimes music and things like that, just as present life memories are.

You will find others here who have had similar experiences. I seem to recall someone writing a while ago about being on a replica sailing ship and suddenly being cast back to a time as a sailor. The feel of the ropes, the smell of the sails, the sounds of the wind in the rigging - all these things were strong triggers. With a bit more work he did some meditation and was able to remember a whole lot more about that life after a while.

Having that book is great. If the photos are good enough, you may be able to find out which of the guys who looks a bit like you has the same eyes. It's usually the eyes that tell the story. If the pictures aren't clear enough, go with your instincts about the way he stands and so on, to see if one of them looks more 'familiar' than any others.

Have you tried doing some form of meditation on this to see if you can remember any more about that life, other than the final moments? It might be very interesting.

Thank you for your insight Tanguerra,The only thing I have ever experienced in this nightmare has been about the final 15 minutes of life.However, an elderly lady quite by chance informed me of a movie featuring Gloria Stuart called "Here Comes the Navy" from 1934.this was filmed aboard the Arizona.I'm glad my daughter was there to see me watch this as I was calling out compartment numbers and locations before they were visible on screen.I just knew where they were on the ship with no explanation.On deck or below.I was pretty overwhelmed by this.The views from the deck are exactly what I saw in the nightmares for years.This makes me wonder what else is stored that I'm not aware of.I'm heading back to the Arizona next month, and I hope to see what else I can find, and speak with the historians there.The whole point of the nightmare seems to be that the Arizona was not a sleeping ship, but a ship trying hard to fight back.Everyone was up and fighting. a lot of watertight doors and hatches were open as men were hand carrying ammunition up top.The Navy Bureau of ships reports confirm this.I wonder if that is the point of all this.

dc10boy said:
I'm glad my daughter was there to see me watch this as I was calling out compartment numbers and locations before they were visible on screen.I just knew where they were on the ship with no explanation.On deck or below.I was pretty overwhelmed by this.The views from the deck are exactly what I saw in the nightmares for years.
What does your daughter think about this? Does she know that you think you were on the Arizona?

Yes she does.She was with me and saw my reaction to the smell of the oil I had to explain it to her and she seems open minded.We cannot seem to find any other plausible explanation for the details in the nightmare.My wife on the other hand finds it conflicts with her beliefs and doesn't want to delve further.The truth is I find it hard to say I was on the Arizona....she was on the bottom of Pearl Harbor 24 years to the day before I was born.

dc10boy said:
...The views from the deck are exactly what I saw in the nightmares for years.This makes me wonder what else is stored that I'm not aware of.... The whole point of the nightmare seems to be that the Arizona was not a sleeping ship, but a ship trying hard to fight back.....I wonder if that is the point of all this.
Just about everything is 'stored' somewhere Stan. Some people talk about the 'subconscious', or the 'soul', or the deep memory, or talk about the 'akashic records'. These are all words for (more or less) the same thing in my view. Memories are just memories, the way I see it, just not all from this life.

With a little bit of practice and some trial and error it is not that hard to recover quite a lot of information. Take a peak around the FAQs where there is all kinds of information shared by others. There are meditation techniques you can try, and CDs you can listen to for instance if you're not used to doing meditation or relaxation on your own.

Try this one: How can I find out about my past lives

As to the meaning of all this for you, you are the best judge of that. Emotions are usually the best way into it. How does all this make you feel? Does it make you feel panicky, proud, scared, brave, sad, excited ...? Why? Just trust yourself to know the answers are all there 'somewhere'. You know best.

If you're not sure, a good way into it is to just write down your impressions and feelings. Just the first thing that comes to you is usually best. It should be for your eyes only - without worrying what anyone else thinks of it all. Some people are OK typing things like this, but most like to write by hand, as it seems to help them think better and it's quieter. You will be surprised how things can start to flow if you are in a private head space where you can express yourself freely.

There was an episode on "Unsolved Mysteries" with Robert Stack about 1992. It featured a man born about 1952 who had night mares for years about drowning. Not only afraid of swimming pools but also bathing in a bathtub. He went to a hypno-therapist who regressed him and he found himself drowning in a submarine right after the Pearl Harbor attack. He came up with names, dates, etc. that were later verified to be correct. They located his surviving relatives and he had a "reunion" with them. The family said he knew things about their deceased relative that he had no way of knowing. This was before reincarnation became better known as it is today. The video was on YouTube for a long time but was taken down last year. I think they are available on DVD.

Stan, welcome to the forum. This is very interesting as to you and Pearl Harbor. Thanks for posting. Now I have known personally several people which in this life were born on December 7th also. Hearing of your story makes me wonder.

Wishing You the Best!

Thank you Kmatjhwy,It's good to know others experience things such as this.It's difficult to describe the depth of my emotional connection to that ship and that day.

Strong emotional reactions are one of the hallmarks of a past life memory Stan. I'd say there's very little doubt this is what's going on. It's all very fascinating.

Some people say 'But how do you know it's not just your imagination?'. The way we know is that these experiences are so emotionally powerful.

I'm glad your daughter is so supportive about it. That's lovely.

Thank you Tanguerra,I was able to completely rule out imagination when the amount of detail began to come through,and it perfectly matched up with things I could not have known or had access to at the time.(though I was very conscious of that possibility.)I have been meticulous about recording dates information was discovered.Even though the emotional content was a clue I began the research to hopefully prove I was a kid with an overactive imagination.(that would have somehow been less unsettling.)

Argonne's question was a great one!

I asked my daughter (13) what she actually thought of all this.I always show her the latest info I find.

She replied "I'm not sure you were actually there, But I think someone is telling their story through you" That was a very thought provoking answer.

dc10boy said:
I asked my daughter (13) what she actually thought of all this.I always show her the latest info I find.
She replied "I'm not sure you were actually there, But I think someone is telling their story through you" That was a very thought provoking answer.
Your daughter sounds delightful and smart! We have had lots of discussions over the years about this idea on the forum, 'how do you know you're remembering your own life, not picking up someone else's'.

There are all kinds of theories out there, such as some kind of 'group mind' or 'group memory' or the 'archetypal unconscious' and so on. But in my view the simplest explanation is that people are remembering their own lives. Part of the evidence for this is things like people being born with birthmarks in places where they remembered suffering injuries.

As argonne says, it's possible you knew your family members before (although not necessarily relevant to this thread argonne). People often keep 'hanging around' with people they've known before, usually partners, friends and family. Just as they do in the present life, people form attachments and have people they seem to prefer spending time with.

Yes, I know it can be a bit mind blowing to think about all this as actually being 'really real'. Just take your time and sit with it for a while. Although there is a lot of 'voodoo' around the whole topic in some people's minds, to me it's just a natural thing. Everything else in the universe goes round and round in cycles and circles. It's not so surprising to think that we do too is it?

Hi dc10boy...

I am absolutely fascinated by your memories. When you visited the Arizona Memorial, did you feel any connection with any of the items/artefacts shown in the museum? I was born and raised in Hawaii and visited the Memorial many times while growing up. I don't know why, but the name of one sailor, Paxton Carter, has always been in my memories. In fact, I thought of his name when I read your post.

There were a lot of civilian casualities also as a result of the bombing. My mother was 7 months old when the attack happened and her and my grandmother barely escaped with their lives.

Thanks very much for sharing - please keep us updated.

Midnight.Sapphires said:
There were a lot of civilian casualities also as a result of the bombing. My mother was 7 months old when the attack happened and her and my grandmother barely escaped with their lives.
Thanks very much for sharing - please keep us updated.
The casualty numbers were about the same as 9-11. There are archive photos showing corpses stacked like firewood until they were able to be buried.

The casualty numbers were about the same as 9-11. There are archive photos showing corpses stacked like firewood until they were able to be buried.
Aside from the thousands who perished on the USS Arizona and other ships in the harbor that day, as well as on/around the military base, there were about a *hundred other casualties in surrounding cities that were nearly destroyed - Liliha/Palama settlement, King/McCully Streets, etc. The local casualities often get overlooked when the subject of Pearl Harbor is brought up.

*edited - just noticed my error

Hi Midnight Sapphires, no one item or artifact brigs about any unusual connection.The whole place especially the ship itself however brings strong deja vu and other connected feelings.I always seem to focus on an area just to the right of and forward of the #2 gun turret.In all of the nightmares this is the area on the 3rd deck where it all ended.I first visited here on 11-11-75 and it has been that way ever since.I just can so clearly picture the vertical scale of those battleships,Arizona in her old glory and what it all looked like.For my birthday last year (after the nightmare returned ,for research)my daughter got me the book"The Men of the USS Arizona" by T.J. Cooper.It contains the picture and story of every man aboard, survivor or casualty.

Now about Paxton Carter.....

He seems an interesting man.

Paxton Turner Carter was born in 1913 in Hattiesburg MS, and reported aboard the Arizona on 9-18-34.He was a Chief Petty Officer and acting pay clerk.His action station was in the first division manning Gun turret #1.He had premonitions, on his last leave home in summer 41 he told his Father -in- law "If you ever see me again we'll be at war-But I don't think I'll ever be back."Paxton remains on duty aboard the Arizona to this day.

Another weird aspect of the nightmare is this.I am an only child.In the nightmares, I (or my connected sailor) am very concerned about someone I care about, so concerned he took a detour on his way to his action station to see this person.I think this may be a brother.He told him "this is real!, be careful, I'll see you later."The brother worked in the 3rd deck general workshop and I think I was waiting for him to get off watch killing time in the galley area when the attack began.My guys action station was ( I think) in the area of repairII forward of turret #2 on the 3rd deck.

The sailor who looks a lot like me and has a personality description like me is S2C Daniel P. Jones.Daniel had a brother aboard ship, Woodrow W. Jones who also perished,Daniel was very devoted to him.I am unable to find out any additional information about these guys such as action stations so proving it's him is elusive.

That's a big clue Stan. As I've said before, you can trust your instincts about this. If you 'think' he had a brother he wanted to check on, most likely he did. If it's one of the guys that looks like you and seems to match you, that's another big hint. They were from Alabama.

http://www.abmc.gov/search-abmc-burials-and-memorializations/detail/WWII_153670#.U2sVP4GSzzg

Daniel Pugh Jones Seaman Second Class, United States Navy

Entered the Service From: Alabama

Date of Death: December 07, 1941

Wars or Conflicts: World War II

Memorialized: Courts of the Missing: Court 3 Honolulu Memorial

National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
But, here's a funny thing - there were quite a lot of brothers on the Arizona. It seems after this, brothers were not encouraged to be on the same ship to avoid 'family tragedies'.

http://www.nps.gov/valr/planyourvisit/upload/Brothers%20September.pdf

On December 7, 1941, Japanese bombs exploded into the hull of the USS Arizona, engulfing the ship in a giant fireball and leaving thousands dead. Amidst the destruction, one thing remained intact—the bond of brotherhood.
Like the waters of the Pacific, family ties ran deep on the Arizona. Serving aboard were a father and son and 38 sets of brothers. Naturally, they wanted to be together. Their families back home felt the same, but worried about losing all of their boys when disaster struck. These fears became reality as the sinking of the Arizona killed 23 sets of brothers and the father and son. Similar tragedies early in World War II prompted the Navy to release a bulletin discouraging family members from serving together on the same ship. After this bulletin, no policies, regulations, or laws were made to enforce it. Even the deaths of five Sullivan brothers aboard the USS Juneau in November 1942 could not force a stricter policy, nor did it stop determined brothers from enlisting and serving together...

tanguerra said:
But, here's a funny thing - there were quite a lot of brothers on the Arizona. It seems after this, brothers were not encouraged to be on the same ship to avoid 'family tragedies'.
http://www.nps.gov/valr/planyourvisit/upload/Brothers%20September.pdf
Have you heard of the "Sullivan Brothers"? There were 4 or 5 brothers from one family on a U.S. Navy ship that was sunk in WWII. After that the Pentagon decreed that no two people from the same family could be aboard the same ship or plane. Also only sons and last surviving sons were exempted from combat.

guys and gals, should I try to attach the narrative I wrote after the 8-4 nightmare? maybe someone will see something I'm missing in the details or the way the dream manifests.

Hi dc10boy...

I think a lot of us will be happy to read it. I also think Tanguerra is doing a brilliant job researching information. :thumbsup:

You have a very strong soul connection with your daughter and she seems very wise beyond her years - it was also very sweet of her to give you such a wonderful present for your birthday. If you are the reincarnation of S2C Daniel P. Jones, do you think there might be a possibility that she might have been your brother?

There are a few Pearl Harbor veterans who volunteer at the Memorial. Have you had a chance to chat with any of them while you were there?

Thanks very much for the information on Mr. Carter. I had seen a picture and some personal items of his which were donated to the museum. In all honesty, I think my first reaction upon seeing his picture was, "Oh wow...look at the bell bottom trousers!" I had never heard of the story of his premonition, however.

(A bit off topic - I read about a visitor who saw the spirits of 2 sailors standing on the Memorial platform. They were lost and confused and begged this visitor to help them because they wanted to go home. The visitor was startled and didn't know what to make of this so he just turned and walked away).

dc10boy said:
guys and gals, should I try to attach the narrative I wrote after the 8-4 nightmare? maybe someone will see something I'm missing in the details or the way the dream manifests.
Sure, if you wish. I'm sure people will be interested. Again, you are the one who knows best what it's all about and what it all means to you and why it's on your mind so much. The answer is more in the feelings than the historical facts, but it's all interesting stuff and it sounds like you have some good material for verification there.

Hi all, I have a few observations and questions.It seems the more I learn,The more I question.first of all thank you Carol for this forum, and thank you for pointing me in the right direction when I called you last fall.I'm learning to embrace this nightmare as a unique perspective on a big historical event.Another past life researcher Susan Wisehart, and 2 navy veteran friends have told me I have nearly 20 provable, verifiable points to this dream, not just of the attack but specific to the Arizona and only recently published or through Navy and National Park service records..Info I cannot explain through any other means.I would like to prove almost scientifically that some sort of connection exists here.I'm not sure who I need to prove it to.Maybe my Wife, maybe myself.as soon as I'm not working 12 and 16 hour days I'll post the details of the nightmares here in the hopes that one of you will see something I may have missed,or something in the way this has manifested.

Back