• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A childs Pearl Harbor dreams Triggered as an adult.

Now the questions.......

I have been to the Arizona to pay my respects 17 times since 1975.I always feel driven to go to that place.I've gotten whiffs of the oil before but nothing like the overpowering smell last July 25th.I hav'nt seen those nightmares or images since I was about 8...Why now?Why this time? For as long as I can remember I've thought of that ship and those men every day. Is this a normal reaction?I feel like it is a part of me.

If this is a reincarnation, I feel like my concept of self is blown out of the water.I was taught we get one soul that leaves the body upon death.Which way it goes after that is dependent upon what you did during your time on Earth.How can I be Stan if 72 years ago I was Daniel?That being said, I'm struggling to find a source for the images I've seen and things I've felt,Energy transfer?Someone telling their story through me?I've tried to find inaccuracies and disprove this to no avail.The route matches the ships plan turn by turn.I had the nightmare 8-4-13.I found ships plans 3-9-14.All the pictures I found supporting my descriptions of spaces were found after 8-4.

If this is real, what about the thousands of near death experiences reporting family greeting you after death?Who's family?I have never thought about subjects so deep.This is utterly amazing to me.I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this,thank you all.

O wow.1..I just came upon your post today..and your story sounds very similiar to mine! Everything from when the dreams started happening at the same age, to the smells triggering images/memories...to the book on your mothers nightstand right there around the same time...to me being on that overpass at that exact moment. I really think these are past life memories and I have carried the phobias over into this life as well, but mine got worse not better. I wish you the best of luck, this is my first time putting all these pieces together with the help of others on this board. I hope you find everything you are looking for, best of luck to you!

Hi Stan,

Well, you ask some interesting questions. I will give my answers to them as best I can. No doubt others will also have comments to make.

dc10boy said:
... I've gotten whiffs of the oil before but nothing like the overpowering smell last July 25th.I hav'nt seen those nightmares or images since I was about 8...Why now?Why this time?
Past life issues have a tendency to suddenly make themselves prominent when there is something going on in your present life that has sparked it. This could be as simple as something reminding you of it, or it could be that there is some lesson that you need to revise for a present life situation. When it won't leave you alone it's because there is something important you are missing.

You don't have to tell us all about your private life (unless you want to) but have a think what is most on your mind at the moment (apart from this)? Is there anything keeping you up at night? Something bothering you? It will most likely be a 'soul' issue, something emotional - like a relationship problem, an ethical conundrum, a moral issue of some sort, something you are struggling to come to terms with in your life. See if you can find any correlations between the previous life and this one. For instance, is there something about the feeling of loyalty with your brother or shipmates that might relate to something going on now? Go into the emotions of your memory, rather than focussing too heavily on trying to find historical evidence. Have you felt anything like that feeling this life? Your soul 'could care less' about historical details. When you figure it out, it will stop bugging you.

For as long as I can remember I've thought of that ship and those men every day. Is this a normal reaction?I feel like it is a part of me.
See above. It was obviously a very important experience. It is also not that unusual for people to remember their most recent death, especially if it was very dramatic. Sometimes it's the only thing they recall.

If you don't like it and want it to stop, you can 'release it'. Say a 'prayer' for the men (and yourself). Make some kind of offering, like laying a wreath. Just ask it nicely to 'go away'. Do what you think/feel is appropriate to lay it to rest and it probably will fade away.

If this is a reincarnation, I feel like my concept of self is blown out of the water.I was taught we get one soul that leaves the body upon death.Which way it goes after that is dependent upon what you did during your time on Earth.How can I be Stan if 72 years ago I was Daniel?...
You are still 'you' from one life to the next. Think of your body as being like a car. You drive your car around for x number of years until it gets worn out, then you get a new one. Then you were a Ford driver, now you are a Chevy driver, but you're still you.

None of this is contradictory with most other beliefs, such as that the 'soul' goes to heaven when you die. It does. It also comes back again. The main difference with a lot of organised religions is that this happens whether you're 'good' or 'bad'. It just happens. In my view it's just part of the natural order of things and nothing to do with 'religion' as it's commonly understood.

If this is real, what about the thousands of near death experiences reporting family greeting you after death?Who's family?I have never thought about subjects so deep.This is utterly amazing to me. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this,thank you all.
When people experience NDEs they see members of their present life families or friends who have already 'passed on' come to greet them. They sometimes see various religious figures too, depending on their beliefs. On the death of the body, the soul goes 'home' for a nice break and is warmly welcomed back to the 'other side' / spirit realm / fifth dimension / call it what you like.

Think of it like going to sleep at night, having all kinds of dreams, then waking up again the next day, feeling refreshed and ready to begin again. The 'day' is a lifetime and you get a whole new body and your memory, in most cases, is (mostly) wiped clean, although all the information is still 'in there somewhere'. It's like the way most people don't remember their dreams in the morning, unless they are exceptional dreams that are important in some way.

Maybe your psyche is 'poking you' with this because it is trying to tell you not to be afraid of death? That you won't be separated from your friends and family, at least not for long? Only you know the answers to these things deep down.

I hope this helps.

dc10boy said:
I'm trying to figure our how to do this but the scanned image is too big to post per the rules
Do you know how to reduce the file size using a photo editing program? Anytime you want to email or upload an image it needs to be a small size, usually 250kb or less. .JPG files can be saved as "low" quality. Or reduce the .lpi to 300 or less depending on the image size.

This Memorial day, I find my thoughts drifting even more to the 1,177 men killed on the U.S.S. Arizona.The sacrifices made there are stunning.I've learned to be thankful for the connection I share, and the unique perspective I have seen.Though I seem to share a connection with the Jones brothers,All of those men will not be forgotten.

Hi all, in a couple of weeks I will be making my 18th trek out to the USS Arizona.I hope to lay a wreath on the wreck,pray, and let the guys know they are not forgotten, and to pay my respects.I also plan to sit quietly at the site and see if anything new comes out of me.I also hope to talk with the historian and hunt for additional records.Would it be wise to come clean and tell the Historian where I am getting my information?From Nightmares?Do any of you have any recommendations, Dos or don'ts when visiting a site of a recall?

Thank you all

Stan

I think it's a great idea to go and lay a wreath. It will be great for you and maybe help lay some ghosts to rest.

As for telling anyone how you come by your information.... it's a tricky one. This stuff tends to freak people out a bit. He'll most likely smile politely and back away.

It's up to you of course. You could just tell him you have a recurring nightmare about it and leave it at that. You could tell him you're fascinated by it and have studied the history. Personally I don't talk to strangers about reincarnation as they just don't get it. One guy I mentioned it to once wanted to know if I could read his mind. :)

dc10boy said:
Hi all, in a couple of weeks I will be making my 18th trek out to the USS Arizona.I hope to lay a wreath on the wreck,pray, and let the guys know they are not forgotten, and to pay my respects.I also plan to sit quietly at the site and see if anything new comes out of me.I also hope to talk with the historian and hunt for additional records.Would it be wise to come clean and tell the Historian where I am getting my information?From Nightmares?Do any of you have any recommendations, Dos or don'ts when visiting a site of a recall?
Thank you all

Stan
You know, I would say go for it! You just might be surprised at how accepting people are of these kinds of things. In the book "Soul Survivor" when James Leininger's dad told the veterans of the Natoma Bay who his son was in a past life, they were all accepting and said that they had experienced too many things to not believe in the supernatural!

I think heading out there to lay a wreath is a wonderful idea too.

Back