Alexander Hamilton - and other revolutionaries

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Alexander_H, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Alexander_H

Alexander_H Statesman

Hello all,

I've been on this website for several years now. I have always known, since I was an 8-year-old kid, who I was, had written of memories and dreams I had of this life even then - and eventually I figured out my name and that that name had actually made the history books. This in itself is, though flattering, incredibly annoying when it comes to people believing me. I tried a while back to connect to others and find old family members and friends through the social media Tumblr, but it isn't my preferred medium, and I only found many imposters or people ready to send me death threats over this. (I suppose having an inaccurate and mediocre musical about me didn't help the type of following I got there.)

I am now 24 years old. I've walked around with this knowledge for 16 years now, and have too many memories and people I've met to doubt my own truth, so please do not attempt to change my mind. Please do, however, contact me, if you were someone I once knew - no matter if we were well, or badly acquainted. My wife and I are desperate for contact with people who can sympathize and who knew us once centuries ago, people who are willing to reminisce about a world long gone.

The first person I ever contacted and spoke to was on this website - Joseph Warren. I have since met many real old friends, and many imposters, and it would mean the world to me if I could meet more. Message me either directly, reply on this thread, or contact me in any other way that you prefer.

Thank you so much.

I hope you and all those you love are staying safe in these times.

Best wishes,
    Alexander

2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Alexander,

What are your thoughts on the country you helped get started? Likewise, your thoughts on how history has developed since you left the scene in 1804?

Cordially,
    S&S

3. Alexander_H

Alexander_H Statesman

My dear Sea&Sky,

I have far too many thoughts and emotions about the development of America as a country and history as a whole since I last left the scene. It could best be summarized in the emotion of disappointment, I think. My thoughts on the economy and individualism of the citizenry has been taken too far - in the ever-ongoing battle of liberty versus equality I fear that the former has won in the States, with all the consequences thereof. Neither I nor any of my colleagues were aware that all we were doing would be taken as literal law for the next 200 to 300 years - it was meant as guidelines, nothing more. The Constitution, to take as an example, I never saw as something perfect, it was simply a compromise made by many imperfect but desperate men. I would have been gladder to see us all forgotten as a footnote somewhere in the back of the history of the United States, with many a generation taking our example as inspiration to see governing and the nation as an ongoing experiment and ever-evolving living thing - not, as it is now taken, as a solid, never-changing and almost divine document. My thoughts on the freedom of the individual in the economy and the importance of banks and the government in helping practices and companies built up, and the preference I had to industry above agriculture are nowadays taken as proof that I would have endorsed modern capitalism - I would not have. I do not. Nothing I was doing then, nor anything my colleagues were doing, foresaw the world we live in today. It's ridiculous that the question "what would this founding father say about this modern-day issue" is still often asked - beg my pardon, I'm drifting away from the original question. I just think that politics in the United States is too deeply stuck in the past, even to this day. Customs are important, no one and certainly not I will ever deny that, and precedence has its uses. I favoured old-fashioned techniques back then so much because, as a new nation, we needed something familiar to lean upon, because most of us didn't know what the hell we were doing. Nowadays that is a different story. We live in a different world, with a myriad of voices desperate to be heard - and deserving to be heard - and the more I study of the ongoing cultural and racial and gender wars going on the more disappointed I get. It should not still be a problem, so far already into the 21st century, that politicians have such a hard time of not being stuck in the white-male-centred view of leading a country that was the norm 250 years ago.

The amount of control that the American president holds, the wretchedness that much of the population is put through, the healthcare system, the schools, the unprecedented unemployment rates, the preposterous military spending, the high tax rates in many states, the disparate governing of state versus federal government in general, how the authority treats its citizenry rightfully and lawfully fighting for their rights of safety and hearth and home - it all breaks my heart. We fought a war then for less. The President holds more power over the American citizens than George III could have ever dreamt of. The treatment of "illegal" immigrants is even more wretched. I guess that's a personal pain I have trouble seeing past.

The democracy we established is failing. It seems to me that even as the government is obviously and blatantly trying to silence votes and people - either with taking away ballots, calling elections a fraud, or committing extreme violence to their citizens - that nothing is fundamentally changed to help this. I wish that the nation I would have gladly given my life for, had not come to this.

I'm more than willing to go further in depth about the United States in general, or the history post-1804 of the world, but I'll stop here for now, as I think I've talked for much too long already in one post. You're more than welcome to message me directly, or on my discord, (asteri#7900) if you're interested.

Best wishes,
    Alexander.

4. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Dear friends, I would like to post a reminder about the forum guidelines regarding politically oriented material. Please review the forum guidelines and mission statement. This thread was pulled for Administrative Review by moderators. As the main context of this thread is dealing with past life memories of the author, I am allowing some "wiggle-room" here for that reason. But please read the guidelines and know we will edit the threads into compliance if necessary. Thank you for your kind understanding. ~Tinkerman