• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

All the world's a stage...

usetawuz

Senior Registered
Imagine each human life on earth is simply an actor playing a role...each of our fellow actors are not only playing a role, but they know you too, are playing a role as well. Our soul is the actor while each conscious individual on earth is the character of the soul playing its part in the play on earth...upon our death, which is inevitable, it is simply our leaving the stage and enabling others to play their roles. Each successive life of our soul is another character in the panoply of characters from which our soul collects its experiences and learns the collective lessons from which it gains our soul level advancement. Shakespeare (the author, not the man from Avon) had it absolutely correct..."all the world's a stage, and the men and women simply players upon it..."

I had a between life view and my soul mates and I were laughing about the "roles" we'd just "played", how we'd screwed up certain acts, and how we'd really nailed other acts and how we could play those parts again with so much more ability if we'd only thought a little more about it, felt a little less fear and a little more fun, we could play the roles of our lives and for that matter, our afterlives...all it takes is to play, to have fun, to not fear, because fear is simply the absence of love...just love everything and every one and it all comes together...no fear, no retribution, no loss, no anger or hatred...just fun, happiness and love.

Good analogy usetawuz, and one that I've often used to compare life and its' purpose with. I also often wonder who (or what) the 'audience' is, and what their purpose is? :)

I think the audience is made up of our souls and soul group and any other entity who has a vested interest in the initial purpose of each incarnation. Since each life is planned, or each play is staged, with certain events or plots and scenes, we place ourselves as characters with the skill to both follow the script or to deviate from that script and extemporaneize (a word?) as circumstances and or opportunities arise.

The brief view of my soul group between lives was so filled with joy and happiness and fun about the entire "production" and their plans for the next one that it left a truly defining effect on me. And with it came the truth that Shakespeare, the player from Avon, couldn't write!

Although I agree that, as most sources tell us, we work with our guides and soul group members on a plan for the next incarnation; I find it difficult to believe that very many plans ever make it through as planned. The very fact that everyone involved on the earth plane can exercise free-will seems to indicate that someone is going to change something, which would have an existential effect on everything else along the line. Eventually, every such plan would have to change in some way that wasn't planned; and even contingency plans would not be adequate, given enough time for things to change. And, every change can have disastrous effects, which could cause each of us to feel buried by circumstances beyond our control. I wonder how many of us have exclaimed, "Hey! I didn't sign up for this!"? Does anyone have any impressions of having done so? And, are there any memories from the spirit realm that would consider this as an issue?

Interesting point, Nightrain...our free will trumps all. And there is enough free will that any play's script would be overcome in no time. However, my understanding is that there are enough "immutable events" that we will encounter that any script can remain somewhat on track and everyone plans around and with those events for the time we are incarnate. I have been told that I am (at least over the last twenty years) following my plan quite well and that guidance is sitting back and watching the show. While I like the palliative sense that gives, I ask daily for the guidance I am expecting!

I once asked for some perspective on this subject and my guidance gave me a hard time about reviewing a previous relationship...I had broken up with a woman only to fall right out of the pan into the fire with another woman who became a fiance...apparently that intent and the actual "popping of the question" resulted in an entirely new lifeplan with all my "guys" scrambling to reshuffle the deck for my new intent. I began to have second thoughts and the former woman began to take precedence, and until I proposed to her the "plan" did not change back. Also interesting is how all this was given to me...I got a look from one like my older brother (my primary guide) and all of a sudden I was peppered with a series of visual flashes of my times with the women, filled with emotion and my understanding of that moment and since then...and a simultaneous running commentary of almost a control team making arrangements behind the scenes. I was left with the idea that these guys are always behind me and making sure I get what I ask for, or what I manifest...unlike a "law of attraction" where like draws like, it seemed more like a structured production meeting whatever needs I had for the situations I was constructing. that left me with a real sense of a stage production...or what I would expect one to be, though I have never been in one.

I do not think anyone's plan goes completely "on script", but I think that we come here with certain expectations and things we wish to achieve...like a vacation to Mexico...you want to see certain things and have plans to do so, but you meet someone at the hotel who has a great idea or a friend with a boat and everything changes...

One day I am going to get one of those life between life readings that might tell me what my intention for this life is and see just how far I've strayed from my "plan"...or just how close I've adhered to it from my own perspective.

Take care...

This is an interesting thread. I do wonder how much of life is planned and how much is free will. I watched a comedy group perform once. They would act out scenes in which they would be given a scenerio, and select characters to be. But once they started the scene, it was all improv. There was no scripted dialog. They just played their character and went with the flow of what the scene called for. It was very entertaining to watch to see what they would come up with in the moment to add to the scene. I feel that is how we live our lives. We select characters and scenes (planned) and improvise to the best of our ability (free will). Everyone has specialities. Everyone has characters they play better than others. But we need to try all types of characters to become a well-rounded actor.

The individual that first brought this up had been a stage actor and had made a wonderful and fully described corollary to all aspects of souls as actors, lifetimes as plays, characters as incarnations, lifeplans as scripts, and free will as improvisation. The more I roll this idea around in my head the clearer it becomes...imagine our incarnate and past lives as plays on the stage, our earth being that stage.

It was also his contention that each lifetime/play could be viewed as a comedy or a tragedy, a drama or a sleeper...all dependent on the soul/actor's desire in playing the role as the character/incarnation. I prefer comedy and drama to tragedy...and sleepers seem boring to me, obviously. I'm working on making this life more comedic as I am getting tired of the drama and want to laugh more...after all I can improvise/free will, right?

Love and light...

Back