• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Am I the brain or the soul?

AlwaysLiving

After reading Michael Newton's journey of the souls, where it is suggested by a patient that the soul after choosing a life/body to enter, becomes symbiotic with that human brain, the soul can leave the human brain while the human is a baby.
so if the human can function on its own, and I the human brain, or the soul which is attached?
Hopefully this makes sense, I mean, I know it doesn't, almost blew my mind just trying to consider it

When your body dies, so does your brain.
Yet you can reincarnate into another body.
So you can't be just the brain.
The brain may be seen as part of your current "you"/self, but you are much more. Your soul can exist without your brain, but not the other way around.
Is how I would see it...
Yes this is what I thought I understood to be the case, but, if the soul chooses a brain/human body that can function without the soul, how did I know if I (the me that thinks) am the human brain or the soul, I could be the brain and there is a soul symbiotically attached to my body, when this body does, I die because I am the brain but the soul continues because it is a separate entity from the brain, like the soul is someone else and I am just in control of the brain and body?

I'm not sure I've made that any clearer!

After reading Michael Newton's journey of the souls, where it is suggested by a patient that the soul after choosing a life/body to enter, becomes symbiotic with that human brain, the soul can leave the human brain while the human is a baby.
so if the human can function on its own, and I the human brain, or the soul which is attached?

Does it really say in the book that a body/brain can function without a soul, i.e. live on as a conscious human being?

I read the book long ago, but I can’t remember it said that. From reading the book what I've always understood was that the body dies when the soul leaves the body. And the soul enters the body in the womb when the new body and brain are not fully developed yet and can’t function on their own. When the soul leaves again for some reason the born or unborn baby dies.

I might remember it wrong though. Can you give a chapter you are referring to, please?

Hopefully this makes sense, I mean, I know it doesn't, almost blew my mind just trying to consider it

Hi, everybody:

It's a long evolution since the souls began to inhabit the terrestrial biological bodies. At the beginning it were something like individuals of Homo Erectus, which could exist without any souls inside them, but since God knows how many thousands (maybe millions) of years of evolution in symbiosis, many things have changed, and the physical bodies nowadays have lost the capacity to exist alone, maybe only as a kind of zombies, when abandoned by souls.

IMHO.

Best regards.

Of course I've heard of Newton, but I'm not very familiar with his work. I don't know for sure what is the whole context to the reference to the baby. Definitely others have said that the timing of the arrival of the soul into the body can be a bit variable, including possibilities such as before, during or after birth. That leaves a lot of options open for maybe changed decisions as to which soul will inhabit the body. I only say maybe, i don't know any of this for certain.

From my perspective, I don't think a body can live without a soul. Sometimes when a person is very ill and a medical team is doing their best to save the patient's life, they will openly use such language as "come back, don't leave us", directly appealing to the person to stay alive. After the patient hopefully revives, the carers will say things like "we thought we'd lost you for a while". Interestingly, during such critical times, the person themselves may experience floating away, separating from the body and either lingering and watching with a sort of detached idle curiosity, or maybe journey for a while to other realms and encounter other beings.

So the period where the body is inert, unresponsive seems to correspond with the time when the person knows they have temporarily left the body. It is only when the soul re-enters the body that it is once more animated and alive. Some of this is very much at the cutting edge of current scientific research. The medical profession had to tread carefully since their primary responsibility is to care for the health and well-being of the patient. But observations and studies are being conducted to try to find out more about what happens during cardiac arrest for example.

Alwasyliving,

The short answer to this is you are soul and always have been as you are eternal. The second part is a bit complicated. When we reincarnate the soul not only has a physical body with a brain but also other inner subtle bodies that operate on the higher dimensions of our universe. So in each new incarnation we receive a physical, astral, and mental body that becomes as you term it symbiotic to each other and work as one with each other. The mind also works within all of the bodies at one time. Soul use's these bodies as tools and vehicles of expression within the lower worlds of matter, time and space. The astral body is used to have emotional awareness and feeling and also used the mind while on that dimension, The mental body is used as a vehicle which soul uses to manifest both concrete and abstract thought on the mental, astral and physical planes.

Souls resonate beyond mind and uses it to contact matter while incarnated into the lower worlds of duality. When we die, we simply shed the physical body and go inward to the next inner subtle body which is the astral world. There both the astral and mental body is used to have awareness and expression on that dimension. In time the astral body dies too and the process is repeated as soul goes inward and drops the astral body called the second death. Then it is using pure mind or the mental body on the mental plane. Most human beings at this stage of human evolution spend the vast majority of their heaven life which they are conscious of on the mental plane. However, the mental body at some point is also shed and soul returns to it's pure form without need of coverings or bodies as it is now on the causal or soul plane.

The causal world is beyond time, space and matter and is also above the mind. It is the first of many true spiritual worlds of pure spirit itself. It is here as soul that we determine if we need in reincarnate again.

If so then the cycle repeats itself and we receive another new physical, astral and mental body which will have no memory of its past life. All of our past lives are kept and store within the soul body itself which is immortal by nature. Because of this each life is lived as if it were the only we have. Of course, this is an illusion of the lower mind which operates on all of the lower dimensions below the causal plane. In time over countless incarnations the soul starts to unravel the mystery of who it really is.
In that moment the soul starts its journey back home.

Love and peace....

P.

Last edited:
Does it really say in the book that a body/brain can function without a soul, i.e. live on as a conscious human being?

I read the book long ago, but I can’t remember it said that. From reading the book what I've always understood was that the body dies when the soul leaves the body. And the soul enters the body in the womb when the new body and brain are not fully developed yet and can’t function on their own. When the soul leaves again for some reason the born or unborn baby dies.

I might remember it wrong though. Can you give a chapter you are referring to, please?

From what I understand the soul can leave the body, but still leaves a piece of itself behind in the body. Once the soul enters the body prior to or during birth, it merges with the brain.

Alwasyliving,

The short answer to this is you are soul and always have been as you are eternal. The second part is a bit complicated. When we reincarnate the soul not only has a physical body with a brain but also other inner subtle bodies that operate on the higher dimensions of our universe. So in each new incarnation we receive a physical, astral, and mental body that becomes as you term it symbiotic to each other and work as one with each other. The mind also works within all of the bodies at one time. Soul use's these bodies as tools and vehicles of expression within the lower worlds of matter, time and space. The astral body is used to have emotional awareness and feeling and also used the mind while on that dimension, The mental body is used as a vehicle which soul uses to manifest both concrete and abstract thought on the mental, astral and physical planes.

Souls resonate beyond mind and uses it to contact matter while incarnated into the lower worlds of duality. When we die, we simply shed the physical body and go inward to the next inner subtle body which is the astral world. There both the astral and mental body is used to have awareness and expression on that dimension. In time the astral body dies too and the process is repeated as soul goes inward and drops the astral body called the second death. Then it is using pure mind or the mental body on the mental plane. Most human beings at this stage of human evolution spend the vast majority of their heaven life which they are conscious of on the mental plane. However, the mental body at some point is also shed and soul returns to it's pure form without need of coverings or bodies as it is now on the causal or soul plane.

The causal world is beyond time, space and matter and is also above the mind. It is the first of many true spiritual worlds of pure spirit itself. It is here as soul that we determine if we need in reincarnate again.

If so then the cycle repeats itself and we receive another new physical, astral and mental body which will have no memory of its past life. All of our past lives are kept and store within the soul body itself which is immortal by nature. Because of this each life is lived as if it were the only we have. Of course, this is an illusion of the lower mind which operates on all of the lower dimensions below the causal plane. In time over countless incarnations the soul starts to unravel the mystery of who it really is.

Love and peace....

P.
Best explanation I’ve read so far! Makes everything so clear. Thanks

Yes this is what I thought I understood to be the case, but, if the soul chooses a brain/human body that can function without the soul, how did I know if I (the me that thinks) am the human brain or the soul, I could be the brain and there is a soul symbiotically attached to my body, when this body does, I die because I am the brain but the soul continues because it is a separate entity from the brain, like the soul is someone else and I am just in control of the brain and body?

I'm not sure I've made that any clearer!

A brain without the soul is like a computer without an operating system.

The only way to tell is to have an out of body experience, and when you return, try to remember if that was actually YOUR personality experiencing the afterlife.

We have physically evolved over the course of millions of years, from small mammals scurrying on the ground, to super-awesome people. Where in that documented process did we suddenly need souls? Let alone, manually installed souls, at birth. Evolution doesn't know to "wait for a mysterious soul to arrive". Evolution occurred as a long-term response to environmental pressure. We did that on our own... as a physical race. The fact that we have souls in us, but we never needed them, means we've been invaded. Maybe a friendly invasion, huh? The fact that soul take us when we're at our most vulnerable, forming in the womb, tells you their agenda. Take over. Now, probably no one's brain-alone has learned to think, as the soul does all the work. Stunted brain, 100% soul? Or maybe, some people have strong brains that "won the fight", and the soul hangs around as your "conscience" trying to win back the physical brain. Hear a voice in your head debating you on everything? Yea, me too.

The souls come through mediums pretending to still be our loved ones, because hey, they were indeed inside our loved ones and know every thought they've had. That's an easy convince.

What human personality would sign up to be destroyed via reincarnation, over and over? I thought we worked hard on this life already. Indeed, in order to be "human", you must be continually inundated by the senses, and interacting with a physical world, all day. That's what makes us "human". Remove all that, and do you have? Not human. In fact, what kind of being, or vessel, could gather up MANY personalities and life experiences, and still function? Not a HUMAN being. That's some other "vessel".

The race of souls want to work in the physical world... not pass through mass. Not fun. So they watched us until it was worth it, and dove into our civilization. They have memories, and even an agenda which is not human. But they have amnesia.... to not upset to current civilization. Hypnotherapists proved we have all that stored inside us. Now, what happens if the amnesia is lifted... everyone, all at once? No more Human Race with its individualized agendas. It will be a race of souls, in the physical world, with a new agenda. It could happen in 0 seconds.

Lets hope not. We are the physical. Maybe we can get them to stop, and explain their agenda in our race.

The only way to tell is to have an out of body experience, and when you return, try to remember if that was actually YOUR personality experiencing the afterlife.

We have physically evolved over the course of millions of years, from small mammals scurrying on the ground, to super-awesome people. Where in that documented process did we suddenly need souls? Let alone, manually installed souls, at birth. Evolution doesn't know to "wait for a mysterious soul to arrive". Evolution occurred as a long-term response to environmental pressure. We did that on our own... as a physical race. The fact that we have souls in us, but we never needed them, means we've been invaded. Maybe a friendly invasion, huh? The fact that soul take us when we're at our most vulnerable, forming in the womb, tells you their agenda. Take over. Now, probably no one's brain-alone has learned to think, as the soul does all the work. Stunted brain, 100% soul? Or maybe, some people have strong brains that "won the fight", and the soul hangs around as your "conscience" trying to win back the physical brain. Hear a voice in your head debating you on everything? Yea, me too.

The souls come through mediums pretending to still be our loved ones, because hey, they were indeed inside our loved ones and know every thought they've had. That's an easy convince.

What human personality would sign up to be destroyed via reincarnation, over and over? I thought we worked hard on this life already. Indeed, in order to be "human", you must be continually inundated by the senses, and interacting with a physical world, all day. That's what makes us "human". Remove all that, and do you have? Not human. In fact, what kind of being, or vessel, could gather up MANY personalities and life experiences, and still function? Not a HUMAN being. That's some other "vessel".

The race of souls want to work in the physical world... not pass through mass. Not fun. So they watched us until it was worth it, and dove into our civilization. They have memories, and even an agenda which is not human. But they have amnesia.... to not upset to current civilization. Hypnotherapists proved we have all that stored inside us. Now, what happens if the amnesia is lifted... everyone, all at once? No more Human Race with its individualized agendas. It will be a race of souls, in the physical world, with a new agenda. It could happen in 0 seconds.

Lets hope not. We are the physical. Maybe we can get them to stop, and explain their agenda in our race.

Hi @spacely. You make quite a lot of statements of your belief in the physical, material world. That's ok as far as it goes. However, it isn't at all certain how any of the things you mention happened. How did life itself begin? The genetic code, DNA, all of that stuff. Or the forming of a simple cell, which contains multiple components enclosed within a membrane. Evolution seems relatively trivial compared with that, though I certainly don't think it is really so simple as it sounds.

The area where I either disagree or perhaps just misunderstand your ideas is the suggestion (as I read it) that all of this just happened by itself, presumably by random collisions of of atoms and molecules. Only billions of years later was some sort of spiritual force involved (the soul). To me that sort of timeline doesn't feel sufficient. More likely - from my perspective, and this is just my opinion - there were spiritual forces involved all along, that physical matter on its own is just dust, rocks and so on. My view is that even the simplest lifeforms required some spiritual interaction.

The question of at what point a soul comes into all of this is a good one. I don't think there are easy answers. Some traditional indigenous beliefs tend to revere the earth and the sky and all living things, so there is no need for a sudden involvement, it has always been there. Certainly I personally consider that plants are very special and have a much deeper and richer existence than we might imagine. There is research on communication between plants such as trees in a forest connected either through root systems or direct or airborne contact between leaves and so on. Even fungi, mushrooms and so on can have extensive below-ground interconnections. Perhaps there are things going on which are simply beyond our capacity to properly imagine, from within our human perspective. Who knows?

I almost forgot this:
I'm not really sure what this means, it sounds a bit of combining different topics. Years ago I practised these things, through meditation and following books on how to have an out of body experience. At that time I had several out-of-body experiences. Mostly fairly short and uncontrolled, though occasionally deep and profound. This was a long time before I ever considered survival after death seriously and none of my OBEs had anything to do with an afterlife. Naturally, it was always me, my personality having these experiences. Who else would it be?

I have not read Newton, but looking about Monroe and Brennan documentations, soul and brains are simbiotic. at least into the human living on earth.
mostly you can think that as a computer and the operative system. a computer can stay without operating system, but not do much and is not much useful. just vegetative states. so i guess is about human soul.
with the death, soul left the human body by the upper chakra, the chakra of corona or third eye. then left into other planes. the problem is: what is preserved by soul and what not? identities? memories? talents, skills? name?.
or i just simply a "living essence". looking at OBE experiences of Monroe, the cosciunsness is a soul feature, not a brain feature. there is not a brain area for cosciusness or memory, also if trauma and disease of brain can damage or alterate cosciusness or memory. probably what is damaged is the system that connect brain and soul and allow to exchange information between the two parts.

Hi, everybody:

It's a long evolution since the souls began to inhabit the terrestrial biological bodies. At the beginning it were something like individuals of Homo Erectus, which could exist without any souls inside them, but since God knows how many thousands (maybe millions) of years of evolution in symbiosis, many things have changed, and the physical bodies nowadays have lost the capacity to exist alone, maybe only as a kind of zombies, when abandoned by souls.

IMHO.

Best regards.
Interesting, maybe that can explain some ancestral memories i have of preistoric age.
o.o

What I meant with "is it your personality" experiencing the afterlife, is, in NDE's, they are reporting so many effects that are not human, that it seems the personality is reverting to "soul". A soul can juggle hundreds of life memories, the knowledge of the universe, and be immersed in 24/7 love... but that's not a human condition. We want (at least I do) our continuity of personality on the other side of death's door. I'm not sure it's possible.

So, if souls are necessary for all evolution, even the microbes, scientists have missed the hugest thing in history. Time for a new branch of science. It could be that to fight entropy, the souls need to push evolution forward right from the start.

What I meant with "is it your personality" experiencing the afterlife, is, in NDE's, they are reporting so many effects that are not human, that it seems the personality is reverting to "soul". A soul can juggle hundreds of life memories, the knowledge of the universe, and be immersed in 24/7 love... but that's not a human condition. We want (at least I do) our continuity of personality on the other side of death's door. I'm not sure it's possible.

So, if souls are necessary for all evolution, even the microbes, scientists have missed the hugest thing in history. Time for a new branch of science. It could be that to fight entropy, the souls need to push evolution forward right from the start.

I agree is time for a new branch of sciense less materialistic and more open also to other possibilities. maybe a sinergy of quantum physic, biology, physics, psychology and cosmology can make a lot of light into the shadow of the NDE misteries.
Sadly for you, also if i never had NDE experience, i had the more rare PBE (pre birth experience) and i can confirm to you that into the spiritual realm cosciusness is a in very very very different and oddly state, very different respect of material experience when the soul is imbued into a brain structure with physical and sensorial connection of human body.
About bactiera... well,. that reminds me about Steiner studies.
basically, objects and microbes have a spiritual body, but not any other things, just simple chi energy.
most animals have a spiritual and emotive body, but not cosciusness.
evolved animals have also limitated cosciousness, but not a mental part of the soul.
a soul with all the energetic, emotional, cosciunsness and mental parts seems to be strickly a human soul.
so the maybe there is a different evoluction and complexity also about the varios type of souls. so, looking at this way, human soul can birth only into humans body, not in animals. animals cannot reborn into humans, cause the host body unmatch with the nature of the soul.
So, Hindu concept of reincarnation is wrong, i guess.

I agree is time for a new branch of sciense less materialistic and more open also to other possibilities. maybe a sinergy of quantum physic, biology, physics, psychology and cosmology can make a lot of light into the shadow of the NDE misteries.
Sadly for you, also if i never had NDE experience, i had the more rare PBE (pre birth experience) and i can confirm to you that into the spiritual realm cosciusness is a in very very very different and oddly state, very different respect of material experience when the soul is imbued into a brain structure with physical and sensorial connection of human body.
About bactiera... well,. that reminds me about Steiner studies.
basically, objects and microbes have a spiritual body, but not any other things, just simple chi energy.
most animals have a spiritual and emotive body, but not cosciusness.
evolved animals have also limitated cosciousness, but not a mental part of the soul.
a soul with all the energetic, emotional, cosciunsness and mental parts seems to be strickly a human soul.
so the maybe there is a different evoluction and complexity also about the varios type of souls. so, looking at this way, human soul can birth only into humans body, not in animals. animals cannot reborn into humans, cause the host body unmatch with the nature of the soul.
So, Hindu concept of reincarnation is wrong, i guess.

I think it would be informative if lower level souls (animal) work up the chain into the human condition.

But let me ask you... why do we humans down hear on Earth need to figure all this out, if the Race of Souls already know the details? Why don't they just stop us all, and make a broad announcement of the way "it's always been"? Should it be a secret? Are extraterrestrials working to expand our conciseness so we just figure it out? I think once the "truth" is widely known, we can reconfigure our lives to be complimentary to Souls living within us. If your soul came down to learn piano, but you completely forgot and became a plumber, we have a serious problem with communication, intent, and continuity of purpose.

Thus the Mediums of the world are trying to tell us something... :)

ANSWER PART 1:
These are great questions. For animals I would not know how to answer you. but the first existence I remember concerns prehistory in the African Paleolithic, or something like that, and there I remember that I was much more "ape" than human. both judging by the fact that the memory is quite confused, and judging by the verses and guttural sounds that I myself remember having uttered speaking just before being hit in the back by some screaming idiot. .. and bye bye

So ... maybe?
for the second question, well, first there is a communication problem. It would be a bit like asking why very few people in the world can hear God's answers to their prayers, while most hear only silence. or they don't pray at all. And if they don't pray how can they claim to have an answer?!?
then there is also the fact that the same perception of space and time is different in the spirit world. that dimension transcends the classic concept of time, so days, months, years, centuries, millennia and aeons for souls are absolutely nothing, not in the way we understand the perception of time.
then there is a question of receptivity. in the sense that even if the spirits try to communicate with the people of the earthly world in most cases they can only reveal themselves in dreams, when the human consciousness is dull and more receptive, or in fleeting apparitions under certain conditions and circumstances. (I suspect that ghosts are spirits of people trapped in the part that vibrates at the frequencies closest to the reality of the spirit world). there is also the fact that a spirit tends to move to the quantum vibratory state which is synchronic with that of its own etheric nature, so each eventually moves into the "plane of existence" that best suits and suits them. creatures that are in a lower state of sensory vibration cannot perceive what is higher. it would be like pretending that you are able to hear ultrasounds or to see X or gamma rays, to make a comparison, even if not very changing because the souls are not made of photons, nor of any particle of the standard model.
this lack of communication, as well as your question, reminds me of a passage from the Gospel of Luke, which actually answers what you have asked yourself:
(please do not think that I am wearing it for religious proselytizing. I came up with this part and I think there is something important to reflect on from a metaphorical point of view for the purpose of the discussion, I want to clarify this point)

<< There was a rich man, who wore clothes of purple and fine linen, and every day he gave himself to lavish banquets. A poor man, named Lazarus, stood at his door, covered with sores, eager to feed himself with what fell from the rich man's table; but it was the dogs that came to lick his wounds. One day the poor man died and was brought by the angels next to Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried. Standing in the underworld amidst torments, he raised his eyes and saw Abraham in the distance, and Lazarus beside him. Then shouting he said: "Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and wet my tongue, because I suffer terribly in this flame". But Abraham replied: "Son, remember that, in life, you received your goods, and Lazarus his evils; but now in this way he is consoled, but you are in the midst of torments. Moreover, between us and a great abyss has been established for you: those who want to pass through you from here cannot, nor can they reach us from there ". And he replied: "Then, father, please send Lazarus to my father's house, because I have five brothers. He admonishes them severely, so that they too do not come to this place of torment." But Abraham replied, "They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them." And he replied: "No, Father Abraham, but if anyone goes to them from the dead, they will be converted." Abraham replied: "If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if one rises from the dead" ". >>

ANSWER PART 2:
In this I agree with the soul of the late Abraham: even the ghosts spoke, if the dead returned, if the creator of the universe himself made his voice heard in a world inhabited by 1 billion materialistic people lost in skepticism, I think the most would ignore, turn away, plug their ears, or make exclamations like "am I dreaming? Do I have tricks?" ascertained that they do not have the trivia, then everyone would start overwhelming the spiritual entities with questions or would expect them to solve all the problems that one has in earthly life with a snap of their fingers, or worse still they would do idiots with them. (on this the human race is an undisputed champion).
in short, I think the question is that perhaps the attempt to communicate is there, but it is not perceived in the least due to the mental attitude that one has in earthly life. or, even if it were perceived it would be dismissed as a coincidence, or a strange dream, or a deja vu, or a "I'm too tired I worked too much" or "I'm hallucinating". About the fact that someone into the life, mostly folks are not happy cause living a live when is forced to do some artificial fate and job instead and the desire of the souls, well, souls are not perfect and maybe
even their judgment is often wrong. (at least by mortal point of view)
like I remember in my prenatal memory that I said to the voice I was talking with (unfortunately I don't remember who I was talking to), that "I wanted a quiet life in which to have fun with games", and I was satisfied only for the first 14 years of my existence. apart from the fact that at the age of seven I had to have eye surgery for glaucoma and go as far as Spain to do it because that type of surgery in Italy was experimental and too risky.
at the first opposition of saturn the troubles started for two years of hepatitis that forced me to abandon school, and, even now, I have a retired life with my parents, in which I spend my days mainly on the computer to study, play, chat with people, reading forums, studying, writing.
not exactly the concept of "tranquility" that I asked because I go from one casino to another.
I can tell you that there is the free will, the lack of awareness, and also the fact that you live in a hard, terrible and selfish world in which everyone thinks only of himself and does not give nothing about his neighbor, or in which people are just too focused on earthly things. most people don't even ask the question "who am I really" "what am I doing here" so what do you expect ... about the fact that 99% of the time people don't remember their pre-existence, well ...

suppose a person in a previous life was raped, or killed or committed violence or harmed others. what advantage would it have in remembering this? to be plagued with guilt for crimes committed a lifetime ago? would end up going crazy! not to mention the risk of incurring schizophrenia, if you completely remember your previous identities, name, surname, profession etc. now, for a newly born child it is already quite difficult to manage, but think for an adult who remembers everything clearly in a regressive hypnosis. could he amalgamate his me and his current identity with the old one? or would he go mad or would he have personality disorder of some kind?

this is just my personal opinion, but I see it like this: earthly life is simply a place to learn, a test bed, a place full of challenges and pitfalls, challenges and pitfalls serve to grow and mature. there would be no growth and understanding if there were no difficulties and pain. there would be no search for improvement if there were no falls and if it were all perfect and bucolic.

everyone, at birth, has in some ways, a script and a part to be played in the grand scheme of the universe. and this script serves above all to his growth as a spirit and to help other souls, for good or not, even for the most stupid and insignificant gestures, such as repairing a tap or shopping. each time he returns to earth, the soul actor receives a different script, a different scenario, and a different part to play. now the actor - soul is always the same, but the script varies from life to life. a bit like orlando bloom, who in the pirates of the caribbean plays will turner while in the lord of the rings he plays legolas. he could therefore say that legolas is the "reincarnation" of will turner, if you know what I mean. same soul, different roles. but deep down it is always the same entity. :)
now let's take a random actor and put him in front of all his filmography and all the revelations of him interpreated in various films. we analyze common patterns and characters with redundant behaviors. we try to glimpse a pattern, perhaps this way we can understand why we come to earth over and over again to play different roles in different parts. which is the least common denomination among all the existences of a person?

most funny: if we look the things by the point of view of will turner or legolas... "legolas, my dearest elf friend! into another life you was a heroic youngman that fought with pirates, son of pirates."
legolas "what??! seriously? probably you are joking! how can a elf been a human?"
obvious, legolas can't understand this. but the actor, orlando bloom, sure know, and know they are just characters he plays in movies.
so, what's the drama of human condition? the fact that peoples is trapped into theyr characters, so they can't feel the actor inside.

PS: this get me an hour for reply.
i really hope that google translator not mismatch my original words. >.<

Last edited:
Alwasyliving,

Love and peace....

P.

Hi, Polaris8:

Sorry to have to bother you, but I have a couple of question just for you - it's something very important to me and you'd do me an enormous personal favour if you answered them.

I know that my IQ now is higher than what it was in my last PL.

And I also know that this life has been - in part at least- chosen for me as (I know you disapprove of this term) a punishment - partly for my desobedience to reincarnate promptly after my PL death, and partly, for something in my PL behaviour - related, I guess, to rather common sins proper of many young, healthy and attractive men.

My questions are:

1. By what factors is one's IQ determined in each reincarnation?
2. Can a higher IQ be considered as a kind of a punishment in my case?

IMHO.

Thank you very much for your help.

Wish you all the best,

Yours very truly,

Ciro.

P.S. If somebody else feels inclined to help, folks, you are warmly welcome !

Last edited:
Ciro my friend.

I would first like to address Question 2 first. We are all here in this physical world not as a punishment but rather as for lack of a better
word attending school. We are all here to learn, grown, unfold and evolve as soul. We come here into the physical world so that the soul may know itself by its own experience. It is the experience that we all seek which is why many of us including myself come back. This goes for all possible experiences this physical universe can give us and it includes both the good the bad and the in-between.

As for IQ, Ones IQ has to do with the development of the mental body over many lifetimes which deals with the mind in the lower worlds of duality. It is thru the mind that we create our experiences and shape and mold our reality into manifestation on the mental, astral and physical planes. Soul of itself is above the mind but while incarnated here it must use the mental body as a tool in order to contact matter. As the mind is a good servant but a very bad master. Meaning soul itself must at all times be in control of the mind. Otherwise, if left on its own it can create havoc and create more negative karma for the soul that it really does not need. As the mind is tied into the lower ego of man.

Question 1. Each lifetime we live we add to the mental body's experiences be it both good and bad. The lower mental deals with concreate thought and Ideas and turns them into form in the physical world. Whereas the higher mental deals more with abstracts ideas and the larger picture of the scheme of life. It is very closely associated with the causal/soul body as it resonates very close to it. So, when we reincarnate, we pick up where we left off and a new mental, astral and physical body must now be created. Our karmic actions from the life just lived are carried over and it largely determines what kind of vehicle we will receive.

However, an advance soul that has a lot of karma to burn off might choose to take on a body where the physical brain is impaired hence a low IQ. The mental body in and of itself is working fine own its own dimension but the connections from the higher self cannot filter thru into the lower ego and the physical brain. Making it challenging for the soul to work with while incarnated. This allows for massive karmic burn off as the soul learns new lessons of humility, love and to overcome obstacles. Those other souls that are involve with the person with a mental handicap also benefits from working with the as well. After death the soul regains full mental ability on the astral plane as the physical body has now been dropped.

As for those with a very high IQ the development of the mental body from past lives shines thru and things comes easier for them at a very young age. However, this too can be challenging as others of average intelligence either don't understand where they are coming from or feel inferior while around them. This too also can be challenging on an emotional level.

However, as soul we are all equal regardless of what ever life lessons we are learning in this lifetime. As we are all connected to divine love from the source of all that is in the cosmos or what man terms as God.

Peace and love always....

P.

Ciro my friend.

I would first like to address Question 2 first. We are all here in this physical world not as a punishment but rather as for lack of a better
word attending school. We are all here to learn, grown, unfold and evolve as soul. We come here into the physical world so that the soul may know itself by its own experience. It is the experience that we all seek which is why many of us including myself come back. This goes for all possible experiences this physical universe can give us and it includes both the good the bad and the in-between.

As for IQ, Ones IQ has to do with the development of the mental body over many lifetimes which deals with the mind in the lower worlds of duality. It is thru the mind that we create our experiences and shape and mold our reality into manifestation on the mental, astral and physical planes. Soul of itself is above the mind but while incarnated here it must use the mental body as a tool in order to contact matter. As the mind is a good servant but a very bad master. Meaning soul itself must at all times be in control of the mind. Otherwise, if left on its own it can create havoc and create more negative karma for the soul that it really does not need. As the mind is tied into the lower ego of man.

Question 1. Each lifetime we live we add to the mental body's experiences be it both good and bad. The lower mental deals with concreate thought and Ideas and turns them into form in the physical world. Whereas the higher mental deals more with abstracts ideas and the larger picture of the scheme of life. It is very closely associated with the causal/soul body as it resonates very close to it. So, when we reincarnate, we pick up where we left off and a new mental, astral and physical body must now be created. Our karmic actions from the life just lived are carried over and it largely determines what kind of vehicle we will receive.

However, an advance soul that has a lot of karma to burn off might choose to take on a body where the physical brain is impaired hence a low IQ. The mental body in and of itself is working fine own its own dimension but the connections from the higher self cannot filter thru into the lower ego and the physical brain. Making it challenging for the soul to work with while incarnated. This allows for massive karmic burn off as the soul learns new lessons of humility, love and to overcome obstacles. Those other souls that are involve with the person with a mental handicap also benefits from working with the as well. After death the soul regains full mental ability on the astral plane as the physical body has now been dropped.

As for those with a very high IQ the development of the mental body from past lives shines thru and things comes easier for them at a very young age. However, this too can be challenging as others of average intelligence either don't understand where they are coming from or feel inferior while around them. This too also can be challenging on an emotional level.

However, as soul we are all equal regardless of what ever life lessons we are learning in this lifetime. As we are all connected to divine love from the source of all that is in the cosmos or what man terms as God.

P.

Thank you, Polaris8:

I'll need some time to digest all this, but may I ask a couple of questions right now?

If I still have some karmic debt left not paid off in this life at the moment of death, does it mean that I might have to choose my next body with an impaired physical brain only because in this way I'll be able in my next life to burn off all the negativity from my karma more efficiently?

The point is, one gets used to one's IQ, and wouldn't like to loose part of it in one's next reincarnation.
Can I achieve such a goal by taking more care of my karmic debts left from my previous reincarnation - while still in this life?

Sorry to be such a bore for you, hope you have a moment to spend on me.

My best wishes, yours ever,

Ciro [chee' - raw].

Thanks.

Last edited:
Ciro,

No, it does not mean you have to come back in your next lifetime with a mental handicap. Once the lesson has been learned you are finished with that and then
move on. Most souls that chose to be born with a physical, mental or emotional disability are usually advance souls that would rather burn off the karmic debit in one lifetime rather than extending it out for several. It's all very much an individual thing in terms of how we plan to come back into the physical plane.

What usually happens with most of us is the karma that was created in the past occurred during a younger period in our soul's evolution. This karmic debit is then suspended or put on hold until such a time later when we are at a stage were the soul is at a more mature level of evolution to handle the karma and balance out the debit. This way we are able to learn from the experience better due to the soul's ability to see the bigger picture and learn from it inwardly.

Once these lessons are learned inwardly it transforms us from the inside out and will definitely affect future lifetimes going forward. In some cases, the soul burns off so much karmic debit that they finally cycle off the need to incarnate on the physical plane all together. This usually happens during the later stages of an old soul.

They will then take permanent resides on one of the higher dimensions where they can take on new roles of serving God and others. The only time one will come back into the physical again will be as an avatar or spiritual teacher to help elevate the consciousness of the planet as a whole. This is what is called a transcendental soul. There have been many in the past of mankind's history.

Hope this helps some.

P.

Ciro,

No, it does not mean you have to come back in your next lifetime with a mental handicap. Once the lesson has been learned you are finished with that and then
move on. Most souls that chose to be born with a physical, mental or emotional disability are usually advance souls that would rather burn off the karmic debit in one lifetime rather than extending it out for several. It's all very much an individual thing in terms of how we plan to come back into the physical plane.

What usually happens with most of us is the karma that was created in the past occurred during a younger period in our soul's evolution. This karmic debit is then suspended or put on hold until such a time later when we are at a stage were the soul is at a more mature level of evolution to handle the karma and balance out the debit. This way we are able to learn from the experience better due to the soul's ability to see the bigger picture and learn from it inwardly.

Once these lessons are learned inwardly it transforms us from the inside out and will definitely affect future lifetimes going forward. In some cases, the soul burns off so much karmic debit that they finally cycle off the need to incarnate on the physical plane all together. This usually happens during the later stages of an old soul.

They will then take permanent resides on one of the higher dimensions where they can take on new roles of serving God and others. The only time one will come back into the physical again will be as an avatar or spiritual teacher to help elevate the consciousness of the planet as a whole. This is what is called a transcendental soul. There have been many in the past of mankind's history.

Hope this helps some.

P.

Got it.

I'll need some time to digest it thouroughly, though...

Several days of thinking it all over, while doing other things, and at these hellish temperatures...

Thank you, Polaris8, again and again,

Take much care, and all the best.

Yours ever,

Ciro.

Back