Am I the brain or the soul?

Discussion in 'Past Life Regression Therapy' started by AlwaysLiving, Apr 8, 2022.

1. AlwaysLiving

AlwaysLiving New Member

After reading Michael Newton's journey of the souls, where it is suggested by a patient that the soul after choosing a life/body to enter, becomes symbiotic with that human brain, the soul can leave the human brain while the human is a baby.
    so if the human can function on its own, and I the human brain, or the soul which is attached?
    Hopefully this makes sense, I mean, I know it doesn't, almost blew my mind just trying to consider it

2. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

When your body dies, so does your brain.
    Yet you can reincarnate into another body.
    So you can't be just the brain.
    The brain may be seen as part of your current "you"/self, but you are much more.

Is how I would see it...

3. AlwaysLiving

AlwaysLiving New Member

Yes this is what I thought I understood to be the case, but, if the soul chooses a brain/human body that can function without the soul, how did I know if I (the me that thinks) am the human brain or the soul, I could be the brain and there is a soul symbiotically attached to my body, when this body does, I die because I am the brain but the soul continues because it is a separate entity from the brain, like the soul is someone else and I am just in control of the brain and body?

I'm not sure I've made that any clearer!

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  4. Ocean

Ocean Senior Registered

Does it really say in the book that a body/brain can function without a soul, i.e. live on as a conscious human being?

I read the book long ago, but I can’t remember it said that. From reading the book what I've always understood was that the body dies when the soul leaves the body. And the soul enters the body in the womb when the new body and brain are not fully developed yet and can’t function on their own. When the soul leaves again for some reason the born or unborn baby dies.

I might remember it wrong though. Can you give a chapter you are referring to, please?

5. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Registered

Hi, everybody:

It's a long evolution since the souls began to inhabit the terrestrial biological bodies. At the beginning it were something like individuals of Homo Erectus, which could exist without any souls inside them, but since God knows how many thousands (maybe millions) of years of evolution in symbiosis, many things have changed, and the physical bodies nowadays have lost the capacity to exist alone, maybe only as a kind of zombies, when abandoned by souls.

IMHO.

Best regards.

6. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Of course I've heard of Newton, but I'm not very familiar with his work. I don't know for sure what is the whole context to the reference to the baby. Definitely others have said that the timing of the arrival of the soul into the body can be a bit variable, including possibilities such as before, during or after birth. That leaves a lot of options open for maybe changed decisions as to which soul will inhabit the body. I only say maybe, i don't know any of this for certain.

From my perspective, I don't think a body can live without a soul. Sometimes when a person is very ill and a medical team is doing their best to save the patient's life, they will openly use such language as "come back, don't leave us", directly appealing to the person to stay alive. After the patient hopefully revives, the carers will say things like "we thought we'd lost you for a while". Interestingly, during such critical times, the person themselves may experience floating away, separating from the body and either lingering and watching with a sort of detached idle curiosity, or maybe journey for a while to other realms and encounter other beings.

So the period where the body is inert, unresponsive seems to correspond with the time when the person knows they have temporarily left the body. It is only when the soul re-enters the body that it is once more animated and alive. Some of this is very much at the cutting edge of current scientific research. The medical profession had to tread carefully since their primary responsibility is to care for the health and well-being of the patient. But observations and studies are being conducted to try to find out more about what happens during cardiac arrest for example.

SeekerOfKnowledge and helz_belz like this.
  7. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Alwasyliving,

The short answer to this is you are soul and always have been as you are eternal. The second part is a bit complicated. When we reincarnate the soul not only has a physical body with a brain but also other inner subtle bodies that operate on the higher dimensions of our universe. So in each new incarnation we receive a physical, astral, and mental body that becomes as you term it symbiotic to each other and work as one with each other. The mind also works within all of the bodies at one time. Soul use's these bodies as tools and vehicles of expression within the lower worlds of matter, time and space. The astral body is used to have emotional awareness and feeling and also used the mind while on that dimension, The mental body is used as a vehicle which soul uses to manifest both concrete and abstract thought on the mental, astral and physical planes.

Souls resonate beyond mind and uses it to contact matter while incarnated into the lower worlds of duality. When we die, we simply shed the physical body and go inward to the next inner subtle body which is the astral world. There both the astral and mental body is used to have awareness and expression on that dimension. In time the astral body dies too and the process is repeated as soul goes inward and drops the astral body called the second death. Then it is using pure mind or the mental body on the mental plane. Most human beings at this stage of human evolution spend the vast majority of their heaven life which they are conscious of on the mental plane. However, the mental body at some point is also shed and soul returns to it's pure form without need of coverings or bodies as it is now on the causal or soul plane.

The causal world is beyond time, space and matter and is also above the mind. It is the first of many true spiritual worlds of pure spirit itself. It is here as soul that we determine if we need in reincarnate again.

If so then the cycle repeats itself and we receive another new physical, astral and mental body which will have no memory of its past life. All of our past lives are kept and store within the soul body itself which is immortal by nature. Because of this each life is lived as if it were the only we have. Of course, this is an illusion of the lower mind which operates on all of the lower dimensions below the causal plane. In time over countless incarnations the soul starts to unravel the mystery of who it really is.
    In that moment the soul starts its journey back home.

Love and peace....

P.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    Emma66, Amy1 and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  8. Misty8723

Misty8723 Senior Registered

From what I understand the soul can leave the body, but still leaves a piece of itself behind in the body. Once the soul enters the body prior to or during birth, it merges with the brain.

9. Amy1

Amy1 Active Member

Best explanation I’ve read so far! Makes everything so clear. Thanks

melon04 likes this.
  10. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

A brain without the soul is like a computer without an operating system.

11. spacely

spacely New Member

The only way to tell is to have an out of body experience, and when you return, try to remember if that was actually YOUR personality experiencing the afterlife.

We have physically evolved over the course of millions of years, from small mammals scurrying on the ground, to super-awesome people. Where in that documented process did we suddenly need souls? Let alone, manually installed souls, at birth. Evolution doesn't know to "wait for a mysterious soul to arrive". Evolution occurred as a long-term response to environmental pressure. We did that on our own... as a physical race. The fact that we have souls in us, but we never needed them, means we've been invaded. Maybe a friendly invasion, huh? The fact that soul take us when we're at our most vulnerable, forming in the womb, tells you their agenda. Take over. Now, probably no one's brain-alone has learned to think, as the soul does all the work. Stunted brain, 100% soul? Or maybe, some people have strong brains that "won the fight", and the soul hangs around as your "conscience" trying to win back the physical brain. Hear a voice in your head debating you on everything? Yea, me too.

The souls come through mediums pretending to still be our loved ones, because hey, they were indeed inside our loved ones and know every thought they've had. That's an easy convince.

What human personality would sign up to be destroyed via reincarnation, over and over? I thought we worked hard on this life already. Indeed, in order to be "human", you must be continually inundated by the senses, and interacting with a physical world, all day. That's what makes us "human". Remove all that, and do you have? Not human. In fact, what kind of being, or vessel, could gather up MANY personalities and life experiences, and still function? Not a HUMAN being. That's some other "vessel".

The race of souls want to work in the physical world... not pass through mass. Not fun. So they watched us until it was worth it, and dove into our civilization. They have memories, and even an agenda which is not human. But they have amnesia.... to not upset to current civilization. Hypnotherapists proved we have all that stored inside us. Now, what happens if the amnesia is lifted... everyone, all at once? No more Human Race with its individualized agendas. It will be a race of souls, in the physical world, with a new agenda. It could happen in 0 seconds.

Lets hope not. We are the physical. Maybe we can get them to stop, and explain their agenda in our race.

12. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi @spacely. You make quite a lot of statements of your belief in the physical, material world. That's ok as far as it goes. However, it isn't at all certain how any of the things you mention happened. How did life itself begin? The genetic code, DNA, all of that stuff. Or the forming of a simple cell, which contains multiple components enclosed within a membrane. Evolution seems relatively trivial compared with that, though I certainly don't think it is really so simple as it sounds.

The area where I either disagree or perhaps just misunderstand your ideas is the suggestion (as I read it) that all of this just happened by itself, presumably by random collisions of of atoms and molecules. Only billions of years later was some sort of spiritual force involved (the soul). To me that sort of timeline doesn't feel sufficient. More likely - from my perspective, and this is just my opinion - there were spiritual forces involved all along, that physical matter on its own is just dust, rocks and so on. My view is that even the simplest lifeforms required some spiritual interaction.

The question of at what point a soul comes into all of this is a good one. I don't think there are easy answers. Some traditional indigenous beliefs tend to revere the earth and the sky and all living things, so there is no need for a sudden involvement, it has always been there. Certainly I personally consider that plants are very special and have a much deeper and richer existence than we might imagine. There is research on communication between plants such as trees in a forest connected either through root systems or direct or airborne contact between leaves and so on. Even fungi, mushrooms and so on can have extensive below-ground interconnections. Perhaps there are things going on which are simply beyond our capacity to properly imagine, from within our human perspective. Who knows?

I almost forgot this:
    I'm not really sure what this means, it sounds a bit of combining different topics. Years ago I practised these things, through meditation and following books on how to have an out of body experience. At that time I had several out-of-body experiences. Mostly fairly short and uncontrolled, though occasionally deep and profound. This was a long time before I ever considered survival after death seriously and none of my OBEs had anything to do with an afterlife. Naturally, it was always me, my personality having these experiences. Who else would it be?

helz_belz likes this.