• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Amit Goswami: The Quantum Activist

fiziwig

moderator emeritus
This is a documentary movie that's available on Netflix streaming, and at http://www.quantumactivist.com/. Quantum physicist Amit Goswami, author of a number of books, including one of the leading textbooks used by universities to teach quantum physics, talks about why matter is the result of consciousness, and not the other way around.

The film is 77 minutes, and very interesting. Watch it if you get the chance.

More info about Amit Goswami at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amit_Goswami

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much for posting this, Fiz!

I'm presently reading his book, "Visionary Window", with great interest and some frustration; because—though he is a very reputable quantum physicist—he weaves into his discussion so much of the language and concepts of Sanskrit Yoga which is so very foreign to my own Western cultural habituation. Of course, his message throughout much of his work is that ancient yogic teachers have been saying things that are very much in sync with modern quantum theory and that our only conclusion can be that consciousness creates all that seems real to us. It is a bold and forthright assertion that I happen to agree with. However, there is a side of my intellect which continues to seek more "concrete" Western evidence, as well as a more logical connection between the spiritual and physical worlds. This is not to say that Amit Goswami has failed to convince me of his belief, but rather that he may have a way to go before convincing the average Western reader that our present paradigm is all wrong.

I highly recommend his books and any videos of his interviews.

Another very good interview with Amit Goswami featured on Youtube.com is

in three 24 minute parts in which he explains how there exists some very good evidence from Quantum Physics to suggest how consciousness creates everything else.

Back