• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Angels and Reincarnation

BriarRose

Senior Registered
I recently read a beautiful book by Sylvia Browne, called "Book of Angels". The existence of angels is not something I've considered before. I know many religions have angels in their belief system. She posited that a certain phylum of angel, the Virtues, are the last beings we have contact with before reincarnating, and have the ability to modify our charts. I found this book to be unlike her others, and very comforting. Does anyone remember having contact with angels before incarnating? I welcome other opinions, or experiences.

Angels could also be spirit guides. Angels could also be E.T.'s They usually communicate by telepathy, which could be both of the above.

I read some channelled comments from a young man who recently passed and he said guides are with us all the time and are the ones who "talk" to us, who are the "little voice in our head"...their job is to help us stay "on track" with our lifeplan. Angels, he said, are around us all the time also, but they actually "do stuff"...if you need something done you ask an angel...guides will talk to you forever, but angels get the job done! Archangels are really heavy hitters and get alot done all the time...they have associates with whom they work who carry the power of the archangels.

I look forward to reading Sylvia Brown's book, BriarRose...and thank you for your suggestion.

Hi Usetawuz, That information from the young man corroborates what was in the book. I really didn't know that we could ask such mighty "beings" for help. I asked, and feel the help being given, from many sources. I feel very grateful. It's not a "deep" book, but for me it was a bit of a revelation!

Hi briar rose. I've been a big believer in angels for years-long before I got into reincarnation. They will always be there for you supporting you. My mum got me into them. You can ask for help in any situation, I try and talk to them daily. As well as our guardian angel we have loads of other angels aaround. I'm always using angel anthony when I lose things then put trust with him-always turns up. I think they ork mainly with gut instinct. When I wa sout of work I asked for a certain job. They provided. I hated the job but they gave me what I asked for, I had to learn it wasn't right. Now I put my trust they know what's right for me.

I'd love to get a book I've written publishedbut its not happening. I'm sure it will eventually but trust the angels when that will be. I'm probably not ready yet but learning to be patient. : angel

BriarRose said:
I recently read a beautiful book by Sylvia Browne, called "Book of Angels". The existence of angels is not something I've considered before. I know many religions have angels in their belief system. She posited that a certain phylum of angel, the Virtues, are the last beings we have contact with before reincarnating, and have the ability to modify our charts. I found this book to be unlike her others, and very comforting. Does anyone remember having contact with angels before incarnating? I welcome other opinions, or experiences.
I wonder if we get new guardian angels in each life, or if there are angels that are eternally dedicated to our soul. Doesn't that sound sweet? I think we should try our best for our guardian angels.

Jews don't pray to angels, but I can FEEL their prescience and something I even hear them tell me to do things I should be doing...I am so grateful!

Sarellah said:
I wonder if we get new guardian angels in each life, or if there are angels that are eternally dedicated to our soul?
That is a really good question. I was thinking about it yesterday. Do we have the same angels, and the same spirit guides assigned to us with every life?
I'm trying to get more comfortable talking to angels, starrynight. I can't seem to get past the idea that God is the "jealous God" in the Old Testament, who wants us to pray only to him. I know this isn't true on a conscious level, but sometimes my fundamentalist childhood training rears it's not very attractive head! cover face

I think we choose our Guardian Angels before we return to life here. I also thing we each serve lifetimes as Guardian Angels guiding those we live through the trials and joys of life here.

BriarRose said:
'm trying to get more comfortable talking to angels, starrynight. I can't seem to get past the idea that God is the "jealous God" in the Old Testament, who wants us to pray only to him. I know this isn't true on a conscious level, but sometimes my fundamentalist childhood training rears it's not very attractive head! cover face
It's very painful to let go, but I want a truthful life :/ How do we know G0d isn't jealous? A jealous G0d sounds cute!

i always wanted a more religious family than i had but maybe it helps now i have no misconceptions about a jealous god.OMG.

I do think of the angels as his messengers if that helps.

I did find it hard at first asking for things though because you're brought up to be grateful for what you have but I think so long as it's not material things it's fine and I make a point of thanking them for I what I do have.

The more you read about them they like a two way conversation. I think of them as my closest friends, they don't judge but you just can't see them

I've never considered whether we have the same ones each life.: angel

Me too, StarryNight. I ALWAYS wished my family was more religious. It would've brought us together. I can make my next family religious if I have one. :/ What's wrong with believing in a jealous G0d?

I don't know that there is anything wrong with it, Sarellah. In my family's church, we weren't allowed to pray to the Virgin Mary, or saints. They didn't believe in spirit guides or talk to angels. There were no pictures of religious subjects, crosses, stained glass windows, etc. They considered those things to be "idol worship". In some ways, I think the philosophy was more like Judaism, or Islam. I was taught to try not to offend God. It was really hard for me to become open minded, and to ask angels for help, or pray to "Mother God". It felt like Jehovah would "smite" me! I think he probably smites people in the Torah, too. I can't give you an absolute answer on whether God is jealous or not. There really are no absolute answers. Each person has to believe in what feels right to them. I have read that Jewish people don't write down God's name. To be honest, that feels "right" to me. I think that I was Jewish in one of my immediate past lives, and when I was little, we studied the Old Testament, and the story of the Jewish people, for years before anyone taught us much about Jesus. I think you would have to ask a rabbi about whether or not God is "jealous".

Hi BriarRose,

The Bhagavad-gita and the Tibetan Book of the Dead, as in the many forms of ancient Buddhism, (like in so many ancient religions) point to clear intention to help ensure the future of the soul, enabling them to live in peace, in harmony, in good health and happiness in each life time. It seems to me after countless references and books I've read, that what the ancients were implying, is that consciousness creates.

A lot of New Age authors -- in my opinion -- are presenting the best cases they have to offer; backing up their theory. Culminating a premise but ultimately presenting a narrowed possibility.

In the Tibetan seminal text called the Dhammapada, which means ‘The Way of Truth,’ the power of our thoughts is clearly stated:

“All that we are is a result of what we have thought: it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts.”
I think Carol presented it beautifully in her book Return From Heaven, while making reference to the Tibetan Buddhists:

“The Tibetan Buddhists agree that the more aware and conscious a soul is, the better its choices will be for the coming life. They say a spiritually evolved soul can direct its incarnation and choose the place and family of its birth. Otherwise, they say, Karma will dictate the choice, and the soul will be drawn, as a magnet, into whatever womb resonates with all its past experiences.”
To me, we are each unique, and aware or not - we create our realities. I see no mention of angels - spirits - or otherwise planning a chart or directing our destiny.

HOWEVER, I do believe in Light Beings, ~ higher entities that have influenced mankind for millenniums. We have free will, and therein lies the beauty of our individual journeys.

BriarRose said:
I don't know that there is anything wrong with it, Sarellah. In my family's church, we weren't allowed to pray to the Virgin Mary, or saints. They didn't believe in spirit guides or talk to angels. There were no pictures of religious subjects, crosses, stained glass windows, etc. They considered those things to be "idol worship". In some ways, I think the philosophy was more like Judaism, or Islam. I was taught to try not to offend God. It was really hard for me to become open minded, and to ask angels for help, or pray to "Mother God". It felt like Jehovah would "smite" me! I think he probably smites people in the Torah, too. I can't give you an absolute answer on whether God is jealous or not. There really are no absolute answers. Each person has to believe in what feels right to them. I have read that Jewish people don't write down God's name. To be honest, that feels "right" to me. I think that I was Jewish in one of my immediate past lives, and when I was little, we studied the Old Testament, and the story of the Jewish people, for years before anyone taught us much about Jesus. I think you would have to ask a rabbi about whether or not God is "jealous".
We write G0d, G-d, Gd, etc. lol

I can go with the "light beings" happily, Deborah. I have been reading "The Teachings of Abraham" lately, and believe in the concept that thoughts create. It's just that sometimes, childhood teachings linger far longer than we want them to! They may not exist in the conscious mind, but they are buried in the subconscious, and "poke" us when we don't expect it, or welcome it!

Sarellah, the unwritten name of G*d, really resonates with me. I think that He is too unknowable to be expressed in a word!

BriarRose said:
I can go with the "light beings" happily, Deborah. I have been reading "The Teachings of Abraham" lately, and believe in the concept that thoughts create. It's just that sometimes, childhood teachings linger far longer than we want them to! They may not exist in the conscious mind, but they are buried in the subconscious, and "poke" us when we don't expect it, or welcome it!
I think the wisest thing to do is to ignore them and move on :)

BriarRose said:
Sarellah, the unwritten name of G*d, really resonates with me. I think that He is too unknowable to be expressed in a word!
TRULY!!!!! That's what He has many names...They all express different behaviors and thoughts and attributes He has...YHVH is his real name. It's something like Jehovah, I guess.

It's beautiful that it resonates with you :) Maybe you have a Jewish soul :)

Back