• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Any Anglophiles in here?

AstonishingPatch123

As you may have heard, I was a huge Anglophile growing up despite being born and raised in Ireland, and my family aren’t English! I felt British growing up despite being Irish, and my environment felt so much like England for so long. When I became interested in reincarnation, I discovered that I was English in multiple past lives.

Are you an anglophile? Have you had similar experiences?

melon04

I'm not an anglophile in any way however I do remember not realizing I was Asian until I was 7 or so.

Cyrus

Senior Registered
Same here, except I’m actually an Anglophile. I thought I actually lived in England until I was about 6 or 7. I obviously lived past lives in Britain.
Curiously, I think I WAS kind of an anglophile before: because of the Beatles, because of the classical English literature, Isaac Newton and Bertrand Russel...
But it ended since I became aware of reincarnation, and that in my 2 last PLs I was killed by the British, besides, killed not face to face...

So now, at times, even the language, makes me sick...

So sorry, really.

AstonishingPatch123

Curiously, I think I WAS kind of an anglophile before: because of the Beatles, because of the classical English literature, Isaac Newton and Bertrand Russel...
But it ended since I became aware of reincarnation, and that in my 2 last PLs I was killed by the British, besides, killed not face to face...

So now, at times, even the language, makes me sick...

So sorry, really.
Honestly, I’m not gonna flip out. You can have your own opinions.

Oh, I always felt drawn to several countries and languages. For some reason, I am sometimes thinking in English. Which isn't my native language. Don't really remember a PL in an English-speaking country, though. Got some short... thing about 16th century England (more like getting the info during a meditation, not real memories or details of a life), but the language was slightly different then (if it is true at all). Got only very weak signs and fragment flashes about a possible life in the US or Canada and I am soooo not sure about them. Because if this was my last life and there was a lot of... traumatic things, wouldn't it be "calling" stronger (instead of times much longer ago)?

Can't say that I feel particularly bad about any country or language either. Maybe I lived in different countries over the centuries and thus country borders kinda lost their meaning (they change over time anyway)... well, who knows.

Owl

Super-alt Mitglied
Yes, actually.

I do not recall any particular interest in England before the age of 10. My siblings tried to teach me some English, as it's not my native language, and I somehow found it annoying and didn't care to learn. However, after I took an unhealthy interest in the Beatles when I was 9 or 10, I learnt English all by myself with books and songs and had the urge to go to England. Since then I periodically cycle through different British fads haha. I am particularly drawn to the Victorian era and England in the 60s.

Sometime during my teens I realized that I had a past life in Victorian England, where I was an Irishman that ended up going to the colonies/war in Africa.

Interestingly, I have a memory of a subsequent life, where I am a child in late 1910's Germany and I make one of those British explorer hats out of paper or cardboard, probably an unconscious past life memory or affinity. I show it to a female adult and she tells me I shouldn't like the English because they are "the enemy".

Totoro

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Honestly, I’m not gonna flip out. You can have your own opinions.
I don't think he was trying to upset you. Uncovering painful memories can have a painful PTSD like affect, he was just contributing to the thread.

In my case, even though I had no reason for the opinion, I always felt that Japanese people were cruel and savage. I could sit through the most bloody WWII movies with my dad and not be affected, but every now and then they'd have one or two that was set in the pacific and it would give me anxiety. Twice in my life, I've seen real WWII Japanese rising sun flags and nearly fainted. Bad memories and feelings can and will turn your stomach.

I've said in your other threads, I've been an anglophile my whole life though. That just comes from the familiarity with the culture from two previous lives that were exposed to England.

AstonishingPatch123

I don't think he was trying to upset you. Uncovering painful memories can have a painful PTSD like affect, he was just contributing to the thread.

In my case, even though I had no reason for the opinion, I always felt that Japanese people were cruel and savage. I could sit through the most bloody WWII movies with my dad and not be affected, but every now and then they'd have one or two that was set in the pacific and it would give me anxiety. Twice in my life, I've seen real WWII Japanese rising sun flags and nearly fainted. Bad memories and feelings can and will turn your stomach.

I've said in your other threads, I've been an anglophile my whole life though. That just comes from the familiarity with the culture from two previous lives that were exposed to England.
Oh, I know rightly he wasn’t trying to upset me. It may have looked like I believed otherwise, but that wasn’t the case at all. Anyone can contribute to my threads.