Anybody remember the "in between" transition space?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Scarlet_3, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Scarlet_3

Scarlet_3 New Member

Hi All,

One of my favorite memories of my regression with Carol was the recollection of the transition between one plane and the next. To put it in context, I (my soul) was just leaving one life. My favorite lifetime so far. I was quite sad about leaving that body and life, I even said out loud, "I will miss her, I want to do it all over again, with her." I had the distinct sense that I could hang out for as long as I wanted. I did not know what was waiting beyond for me, specifically but somehow I did, without truly KNOWING, if that makes any sense. In other words, I felt like how you or I would feel if we said, "I've never been there before but I'm taking a road trip up North" we might have a destination in mind but we don't know what we'll see or experience along the way, which, ostensibly, is why we do it, as travelers.

Anyway, I only "hung out" for a few minutes and by "hang out" I really mean I hovered, my soul wished her heart peace, and then in literally one thought, I was whisked away. Not in a time warp, sucked down the wormhole kind of way, more like a parasailing, floating kind of way.

There wasn't a tunnel, or a light specifically that I can recall at the moment. It was more like being guided, almost pulled, gently by the center of my being, at at the same time riding on a giant guiding hand. (I know how insane that sounds, so bare with me).

It was basically one of those moments where you wipe your tears, take a big sniffle of your nose, dust your knees off and pull yourself together. I wasn't breathing, I wasn't alive and I wasn't dead. I was floating and the first memory I have after leaving my mourning space was being gently guided through actual outer space.

This is big because in this lifetime I've always been afraid of outer space. During this, it was incredibly serene. I recall specifically not feeling cold, not feeling hot, just being okay. Not overjoyed, not some feeling of dread, just being completely present. At one point, I looked to my left and saw the "yawning endless expanse" and not being afraid, just feeling present.

I recall seeing the horizon between light and dark except it wasn't a horizon as you would see when looking out in the ocean. It was a break between space and light. Not the light of the stars of planets, the edge of space and something else. It wasn't a clear line, I saw where the light was coming from and then it gradually got lighter and lighter and I felt more full of light. No other sensations, not warmer, not colder, nothing like that...more like filled with liquid presence. There weren't any gates, greeters, spiritual gurus, nothing like that. Just moving gently from one space to the next without fear and weirdly, with a sense of control.

So, there's that. ;-) I still feel strange realizing all of this. Anybody else have any experiences they can share that ring somewhat familiar?

2. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Senior Registered

My usual lack of memories prevails - so I haven't. But I shall be interested to see what others have to say on this.

The point that struck me was that, at a couple of points, you refer to your past self in a "separate" sort of way - "I will miss her" and "my soul wished her heart peace". Perhaps you can try (yep...I know I'm not asking for anything easy here...LOL) to explain a bit on why you are describing you and your body (of that lifetime) in that sort of way?

To me, I know my body and myself are separate, in the sense that I am inhabiting this body in this lifetime and it would have been other bodies in other lifetimes. It's just my feeling that I would be regarding a body I had just left in the same way as I regard my current body (as in "Oh well...its a piece of meat I am living in and that piece of meat is living within some bricks I call a house").

That sounds more like regarding the body as something with some sort of consciousness of its own/as something more than just an inanimate piece of meat that we can "pull the strings on" whilst we are inhabiting it. Having said that, animists (?) regard stones,for instance, as having a consciousness of their own, but most of us don't/I don't.

I'm probably explaining myself very badly here...but hope you get what I am struggling to say...

3. Scarlet_3

Scarlet_3 New Member

I think I'm picking up what you're putting down.

Shockingly, I think (?) I have an explanation! This is hardly ever the case when it comes to me and, well, this type of thing.

I refer to "her" and "me" separately because that's how I remember them in that state. Now, when I'm recalling specific events in that lifetime, I refer to it as "I", "Me" etc.

As a matter of fact, now that you've gotten me to thinking about it, I only ever referred to a lifetime as "she" or "he" when I reached a point where I knew separation. In other words, in the lifetime I'm speaking of, nowhere in my recorded session did I refer to that woman as "she" or "her" except when I got to the point where I was departing.

I know there are other parts to this question, and in an effort to answer those questions, bluntly, no. I do not regard any lifetime or body as being a meat suit (even though I know wholeheartedly that was not what you were implying, believe me I do). I don't know how to explain it. I felt whole while I was there (in every instance) and the moment we were disconnected, severed, really, from one another, I had this shocking realization that was never pleasant, yet understood. I don't know how to describe it other than to say it's only what I can imagine what it might feel like to be told, at an advanced age, that you're adopted. You maybe always knew, but the stark truth leaves you a bit beside yourself.

4. Ceridwen

"Meat suit" is one suitable term for it I guessLOL

I struggle with the relationship between our bodies and ourselves. I see one author commenting about us coming in and inhabiting our body at any point between pregnancy starting and birth and I guess he is just talking about things in a very unclear/misleading sort of way (ie as the way he talks about it almost leads to a conclusion of regarding the body as having a "consciousness" of its own and maybe even having some basic thought processes and/or capability of movement without one of us actually inhabiting it. The way he puts it boils down to it looks like he thinks there are these things called human beings and we then come and inhabit them (ie squatters in someone else's body).

If I come across his books again, I'll quote off that bit, but I threw them out because that and one or two other ideas of his are so "off the wall" and no-one else has repeated those same thoughts elsewhere that that is obviously just one persons personal thoughts on the matter - rather than the way it actually is iyswim. So I know what to think of thatlocked1OMGlocked1

The bit that I struggle with is that there seems to be quite a bit of evidence of an organ from someone else's body "carrying over" some of their tastes into a body it has been transplanted into (eg heart transplants).

Anyway, I diverge from your topic and must get back on topic.

As I said, I shall indeed be interested to see if anyone else has any thoughts on the transitional state - besides the traditional "Saw a bright light/went down the tunnel/got welcomed by everyone dead who cares for me/then did the Life Review" (which is basically what I'm expecting to happen and have made a couple of arrangements with people that, whoever dies first, will be part of the "welcoming committee" at that time).

5. Stellaria

Stellaria New Member

I think unborn babies can absolutely move and display unique mannerisms without having been inhabited by their soul yet. Honestly, if you've ever been pregnant, you know that once you feel those fluttery movements for the first time (around 18 weeks - not even halfway through the pregnancy) you don't stop feeling them. As a matter of fact, cessation of movement is cause for alarm, as it indicates that the baby could have gotten entangled or died.

Couple that with the huge numbers of stories from children who say that they didn't make the jump in, or even come and go at will until shortly before or after being born, there really isn't any other conclusion that can be drawn.

6. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

From 1977 to 1981 - I knew five people who passed away. During that period - their spirits were constantly coming to me in in visions, dreams, making appearances and causing disturbances at my house that other people became very aware of. (Opening and shutting doors and windows, turning electrical things on and off, and even sitting on the couch and making an indention.) My living friends were curious and tried to get me to talk about my 'interactions' with these spirits. One was a former female and the other four were male's when they were alive in the world. So, when one of them showed up and was around - my friends wanted to know if it was one of the 'guys' or if it was the girl. I told them,

"They don't like to be referred to as that anymore. Here, they were once a guy or girl - but where they are at now - that don't exist. To me, they are 'it's' now." (I didn't know how else to refer to that sort of thing.)

The girl who passed away was only 17 when she died. The guys I was dealing with as friends (human) were around that same age. (Guys have a one track mind - and it didn't matter if a girl was in a body or out of a body - they were getting excited about the thought of having an 'invisible girl' hanging around us.)

I was instructed over and over again that once the spirit was outside the physical body - the spirit was 'gender neutral' so to speak.

Sincerely,

DKing

7. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

Prior to the age of 6 - I have memories of talking about two different 'past lives' and the 'death scene.' There were more, but I spoke about these two particular incidents the most. Then, at the age of 6 - I had a near-death experience due to a cardiac condition - and - I finally had something to compare those two previous past life 'recall's' to. Afterwards, it wasn't the memory I was confused about as much as it was 'trying' to talk and relate to my parents about the experiences in the past. I felt I was just trying to get them to help me put it into words - so others would know what I was talking about.

I felt I learned more from my 'current' death scenarios than trying to look back on past life 'death scenes' - because - I didn't have that 'mind of understanding' anymore. As in one 'death scene' in ancient times - I hovered around the physical body for a great deal of time - studying it from head to toe. Who ever I was in that body - had never seen the 'outside' view of that physical body before - and was totally fascinated by the appearance others had of it while my spirit had been alive inside of it. The other 'death scene' - who ever I had been didn't want to look at the body because of the condition the body had been in after death. (Very gruesome and not something anyone would want an image of to keep.) This was the difference in the other memory. The other one - the body just looked like it had 'fallen asleep' and it wasn't that hard to look at.

Then there is the 'beckoning' process. It is not really a 'time process' as much as it is a sequence of events. As a child, after my NDE's - I would call it the 'explosion.' There (as you state) the gradual process of being 'filled' with light until there is a sort of 'implosion' and then 'explosion.' When that 'explosion' happens - everything and I mean everything changes.

I was trying to express and explain this to some friends once. I had a memory of a NDE at the age of 18. I wanted to bring back a 'Kodak' moment - so to speak to express the enormous transformation that takes place between 'here' and 'there.' I told them, "I looked back on the planet earth and the mind I traveled with in that moment - could look back on the earth and it knew the life history of every single living, breathing thing alive on the earth in that moment. From the smallest insect to the biggest beast - and everything in between. Every man, woman and child - was no stranger to my spiritual mind of understanding. If my spirit mind focused on a butterfly, I could trace back the family tree of that one single butterfly - all the way back to the conception of time and knew exactly how many butterflies floated in the air on the planet earth since the dawn of time. Every single one of them."

I joked with some friends and told them to try and reduce size of the planet down of the size of a bowling ball and stuff every thing inside. It will not fit. It is impossible to fit the entire world into something that small. That is how I looked at our 'eternal infinite minds of spirit' as compared to the 'human mind.' Our human minds were not designed to fit the whole of 'eternity' into a small noggin that we have on top of our heads.

Eternity and the 'infinite mind of spirit' is bigger than we can possibly imagine. That is what happens when the 'light explosion' occurs. The 'unknown' becomes known again.

Sincerely,

DKing

8. pollygunner

pollygunner New Member

9. Ender27

Ender27 Senior Registered

When I was a little child, I had thoughts about life 'before being born'. And I saw the 'place' with many immaterial beings. They were waiting for their bodies. In that place, I didn't feel anything, just peace.

10. Ceridwen

That's got my mind off on another train of thought for the day there then...as in how to maintain my privacy (down to all thoughts/life history/etc known). I've read comments in general afterlife books before now about "knowing" what other peoples thoughts/feelings are on The Other Side and wondered how I maintain my privacy if that is the case.

Swings and roundabouts, ie because no-one could lie anymore. I'm an honest person anyway, but still want to keep my thoughts to myself....hmm.....:cool

I guess I just presume we can "draw a veil/mental shield" around ourselves if we so choose and only "let through" who we want to???

11. famgrin

famgrin New Member

There was darkness and a few souls in Bardo.

They were looking for the best person who can handle this mission

And chose me.

I don't know however with which life dealed with :confused:

I saw in the last PL my dead body in the morgue. I circled around him in a sealed coffin, because I wanted to go back. I had many plans for the future and I died prematurely.

I also remember how I came out from my dead body in the water at drowning and from Auschwitz I have varied posthumous memories ...

12. Ceridwen

Another thought - not strictly to do with reincarnation per se - is that (over the course of much reading) it would appear that incoming souls normally have a choice of 3 or so lives they could have.

From that, I wonder what happens to the other 2 or so potential lives they could have had - but chose not to when they opted for the one they did opt for.

Would those couple of "spare" lives not happen at all or would someone else find them cropping up as a couple of their options? Hmm...shall ponder on that one too now.

Presumably those other couples who had decided to have a child would go ahead and have (some other) child and other souls would inhabit those bodies and have those lives instead of the first person who had those options presented to them.

I shall certainly be interested, come the time, to see what my other options were. If other people have taken those options I rejected then it could be an interesting thought as to whether to meet up with them and see what they made of the "Lives I Didn't Choose".

13. Ender27

Ender27 Senior Registered

Pararell reallity?

14. Ceridwen

You've been reading those recent articles too then - ie about scientists speculating that there are lots of different "bubbles" - sort of parallel universes...LOL

Who knows?

To me, I'll stick with there is just one universe and time is a linear concept. My head hurts even thinking about other possibilities and I'm not at all convinced (even though I did have the very odd experience I've mentioned before on this Forum of hearing factory machinery loud and clear in the alcove of a bedroom in my previous house one time and there has never been a factory at that location or anywhere near) - so who knows?

15. Scarlet_3

Scarlet_3 New Member

Another recollection I had that I didn't mention, I had no sense of loneliness (something I've experienced in this life). I should mention I'm a married mother with 6 siblings so nobody should ever accuse me of being lonely, but sometimes I do feel that way.

In other words, I was completely alone in that space, yet I wasn't. There should have been a feeling of profound loneliness, but I felt anything but. I realize I'm placing human judgements on something that is not exactly typical, but it's just a good way to explain what happened.

16. Ceridwen

That's a different take on having read some people saying about how they feel a sense of a sort of unconditional Love. Maybe they are saying the same thing, but in a different way - maybe not??

I would say this is where we differentiate between being "alone" and feeling "lonely". We all know exactly what is meant by being alone (ie no-one else around). Feeling "lonely" - hmm...how would we define that?

I would say feeling "lonely" is feeling misunderstood myself, as in there isn't/doesn't appear to be anyone else on Earth that understands exactly where we're at and agrees with every bit of it.

Even with good friends, we aren't going to agree with each other about everything or view things the same way. My best friend has very different religious views to me (ie evangelical Christian), but is my friend because she is a loving and caring person. Another friend is a good bit less reliable than I am (and is currently really annoying me with this - having broken an arrangement to come on holiday here this weeklocked1) and thinks the Armed Forces are okay/would agree with some wars (that's VERY far from my thinking).

Not being "lonely" at heart would boil down to having found at least one person that totally thinks along similar lines to us and supports us regardless I would say personally and I very much doubt more than a mere handful of us have found that...

17. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

I had a memory back in January of being a young child in this life, but still remembering the transition place very well. My mind was still half-there. My feeling about where I was, my family's home, was that I was just passing through for this life, no great attachment to them. All was well, there was no feeling other than ultimate joy and freedom, I was afraid of nothing, and I still remembered all my past lives like a tapestry. I felt exalted, blessed. I remember an incredible lightness, as if I were still between lives and so could not feel pain or fear; I still had the awareness that that was our true reality, not the awful susceptibility of the meat suit.

This was the first time ever remembering this in adulthood, it was wonderful, and it changed my life.

I reread Many Lives Many Masters yesterday, and was delighted to find passages that matched this memory.