anyone with kundalini experiences?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by bishopk, Aug 29, 2002.

1. bishopk

bishopk Senior Registered

I was talking with a reiki practicioner yesterday and she said it sounds like my kundalini (am I spelling it right?) is rising, which is why I've been more open to intuitive experiences. She claimed this often happens to people in their late 30's-early 40's, which happens to be in my age range right now.

I didn't know much about kundalini, so I investigated on the Internet last night. Didn't come across anything about age specifics, but I noted that I may have some of the "symptoms", especially while meditating. But I'm not really sure! Can anyone clue me in? Thanks!

2. Josefina

Josefina Senior Registered

I don't want to frighten you, but I've heard it can be dangerous to make the kundalini energy rise from the bottom up to the head. If person is not well balanced in his/hers life it certainly can be a risk. I wouldn't try to pull my kundalini up for any reason. A man I used to know had magic as an interest, and for example had his kundalini risen in the same time he masturbated. He came seriously ill (I don't remember how, I think he had fever?)

But if that kundalini rising happens naturally/spontanously it can't be held back, and it's better to concentrate lifting one's level of awareness as high as possible in meditation. There should be not a single negative thought or feel around when it happens, because those things make blocks which can make the energy go somewhere it shouldn't go. Some persons have burned their nervouse systems, some have even died.

Be carefull.

Norton likes this.
  3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

bishopk - What are your symptoms?

It's a natural process - that if handled with understanding and grace -- only moves mind/body and soul -toward the next evolution and spiritual growth.

4. bishopk

Josefina - you're right; from what I'd read on the Internet the kundalini experience sounded pretty frightening! But the things I read didn't apply to me, at least not the more radical aspects.

Deborah - the descriptions of various neurological symptoms seemed like they could match up, and also some things I've experienced while meditating. For example, when I first starting using the Hemi-Sync CD's, I'd have the urge to sit up and move my body in a very specific, rhythmic way - almost like some of the folk dances from India. And some of the website info on kundalini did mention unusual body movements while meditating.

But I don't know if that's what's really going on. If it is, I haven't had any dramatic physical or mental symptoms like some people seem to have had.

5. Deborah

HI bishopk -

Do you see LIGHT in your inner vision when you meditate? If so - do you experience any specific colors or sensations with it?

I was just wondering - as it can lead to all sorts of spiritual 'openings.' As the kundalini energy rises - inner light is also a good indication.

6. bishopk

Hi Deborah - yes, I've seen colored lights whiel meditating, epsecially lately - I've mostly seen green and purple, but also yellow - and couple of days ago, a intense, brief flash of blue!

Interestingly enough, a few days ago my 7-year-old daughter spontaneously told me she sees rings of green and purple when she closes her eyes - I hadn't said anything about my colors to her. Do these colors mean anything?

7. Deborah

Hi bishopk,

Yes, they mean something. Violet or purple is usually associated with the sixth chakra or third eye, green with the forth chakra or heart center. It is violet light-or for some people --yellow and/or white light at the crown (7th) chakra that leads them to have spiritual visions - OBE's -past life memories that are clear. It's like watching small clips from a movie or you are in the movie and emotionally involved.

This is what I do - When I experience the light in meditation... I bring the violet light to my heart center -- I move into my heart -of course I ask a question right before doing this -and then I let go and let God --- consciousness/God/spirit takes me where I need to go or shows me what I need to know.

------------------
    Deborah

Memory is an abstract painting - it does not present things as they are, but rather as they feel. --Eugenia Collier

[This message has been edited by Deborah (edited 09-10-2002).]

8. Tamera

Tamera Senior Registered

OK....I have been following this thread for a while and at the risk of sounding like a dummy.....what exactly is Kundalini?

I haven't been meditating lately (shame on me!) but I have noticed "weird" things also when using the Hemi-synch. Nothing too major or frightening, just things like whooshing sounds, or music that doesn't appear to come from the tape recorder, and the most noticable is my body temperature rising dramatically! Are these things related to Kundalini?

(Tammy showing her true fledgling colors)

Love,
    Tam

9. Natural

Natural Senior Registered

Hello bishopk,

I'm a Naturopathic Doctor. I am a also certified Reiki Master and Chi Energy polarity therapist (among other certified practices).

If it is indeed the case, there are two things you want to be aware of:

1. Do take take any alcoholic beverages during the awakening period of kundalini life force energy.

2. If you experience it, or when meditating, be sure to place the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth. It is important. This closes the switch between the governor channel and the conceptual channel that completes the circle of these two major meridians.

Many monks have experienced tremendous headaches and some have even become conconscious when this force is released during meditation from failing to do this. Minor energy movement is not anything to be concerned about. Major energy movement is so spontaneous and powerful it is what in the some people has been experienced as spontaneous combustion when prematurely released. When the tip of the tongue is not at the roof of the mouth, the rising energy escapes through the top of the head and this is what causes problems that can even affect one's health. It is rare to experience the full effect of kundalini. But as long as one practices with the tip of the tongue at the roof of the mouth, the energy returns back down the front of the body and is stored in the "Tantien" just below the belly button.

10. bishopk

Hi Tammy - it would be kind of hard of me to describe kundalini; I don't know much about it. I just typed "kundalini" on Google to do a web search and read enough to see whether it was actually happening to me! There was some interesting information in the websites so you might see something you like. Your meditation experiences do sound like they could be related to some of the things I'd read about kundalini, but I guess you'll have to see for yourself. Sorry if I haven't been too helpful - it's all new to me too!

Natural - thanks for the information! It seems like I'm experiencing minor energy movement, so I'm sure I'll be okay. A couple of weeks ago I felt a jolt of energy while getting Communion from an older lady and this energy buzz stayed with me for days! Is this related to kundalini or was something else going on?

And Natural, what's the connection between kundalini and reiki? That is, why do reiki practicioners seem to know more about it than other people? Thanks in advance for any info you can share!

11. Natural

Your minor experience may an may not be related to kundalini. It may be the acupuncture meridians beginning to clear up stagnant energy along the path. When this happens it does stay with you for a time, or even a few days, and one feels a strange lift from it. This is the movement of Chi. Kundalini, when experienced, is more like fire. One can feel as though having a fever when it is released. I monitored a woman for three hours when her kundalini was released during a session with a group of people. She instantly dropped to the floor unconscious. We couldn't bring her out of it and had to let the energy work its way through her body removing blockages. Her body was as though with intense fever of 104 degrees during this time. After she came out of it she was in a daze for some time, but she had undergone a renewed transformation of spirit and was filled with a joy she had never experienced before. It changed her life and her health.

Connection with kundalini and Reiki. It is a matter of the practitioner's experience and knowledge. Reiki has always advocated the used symbols that are mentally connected with certain functions. However, it is not only this. Many practitioners who are not trained and educated in other methods do not realized the position of their hands are actually covering and stimulating acupuncture meridians points of the body. The effectiveness of a practitioner depends on his/her body's ability to transfer energy to others through these points. What actually happens, and to what degree it happnens, depends on how well the practioner is acquainted with these inner forces within himself/herself, and his/her capabilities of releasing it at will. The "Therapeutic Touch" method, which I am also a certified practioner of, can also move chi energies without making contact with the body at all.

There is really no mystery to moving energy. But kundalini is very mysterious in nature, because of its connection with all the spiritual channels, the chakras, and the changes it can bring about in one's nature, mind, and beliefs. But it all begins through movement of energy traveling through the meridian paths.

Hope this answers your questions.

[This message has been edited by Natural (edited 09-11-2002).]

12. bishopk

Natural, thanks for providing more information. You seemed to have a handle as to the energy lift I experienced. I hardly knew what to do with it - eventually got into some strenuous yardwork and that helped. But just thinking about the jolt I received from that woman, I can still get a little buzz. It was quite amazing! Do you know how or why one can get energy from another person like that?

13. Natural

The answer to this question varies depending on the circumstances involved. But a basic explanation is that we are all connected by the same basic life force energies. A person who is balanced becomes a source of energy for a person who is not. In other words, energy seeks its equillibrium on its own. Have you ever been in a room where the enrgy seemed negative, and when you left that room you felt weaker that when you left it?

Take two paper cups of the same size, punch a hole near to bottom on both and seal the edges so there's no leak. Then pass a straw through from one cup to the other. Pour 1/4 cup water in one cup, and 3/4 of water in the other cup. The one with more water will automatically give to the one with less. They will cease the "give and take" activity when the water is equal in both cups. This is the same thing that happens between people who's energy level is higher and someone's energy level that is lower from health, stress, or any number of issues.

Two weeks ago I had a patient whom after being treated by me left me so drained I slept three hours when she left. She, however, left feeling great. Today she received an additional treatment and there was no problem because the first treatment had done its job in balancing hers. This sort of thing is often experienced in hospitals by visitors when they feel sapped, only they don't know what is happening to them. The charge people feel is from being brought up to par.

Kundalini, by the way, means coiled serpent. This is because the positive and negative polar opposites travel up the chakras, around the wheel, in a serpentine manner. In India it is represented by the serpent cobra between the eyebrows, also observed and represented on ancient Egyptian crowns of pharoahs. It is also represented in the medical symbol of the two serpents, but doctors don't realize its metaphysical significance.

[This message has been edited by Natural (edited 09-12-2002).]

14. Stephan

Stephan Senior Registered

My only experiences with Kundalini energy were many years ago while studying Tantric yoga. It was exhilarating to say the least. I can't imagine why this energy, however uncoiled could be dangerous.

Steph

------------------
    "Intolerance is the most socially acceptable form of egotism, for it permits us to assume superiority without personal boasting." --Sidney Harris

15. Natural

Yoga helps the arousal of kundalini in a proper manner, but there are yoga methods specifically geared for the advanced levels of kundalini, which not too many yoga practitioners in the world, as currently taught, experience. At advanced levels it is also not uncommon to receive assistance from masters who appear at the right time.

Read my first of two 9/11 postings, you may have missed them.

A well known master of kundalini, G. S. Arundale, wrote in 1938 in a book printed by the Theosophic Society, about additional dangers that are possible without proper preparation.

First: "Foremost danger is that of excessive sexual stimulation because kundalini is very closely allied to the creative forces of the body. Excessive drainage of this vitality."

This above drainage occurs at the reproductive and glandular level and can injure one's health. It is why master prefer their students to abstain completely o that the energy between the kundalini and sexual energy of the body remain more in sync and better grounded.

Second: Insuficient preparation, including the above, "can lead to upsetting the physical rhythmic equillibrium of the chakra centers."

If, for example, the kundalini begins rising but is blocked by stagnation at a particular chakra and is unable to clear it, it can get stuck there and overstimmulate this area. This can result in physical or mental health symptoms.

Preparation is most important. One is dealing with a universal fire one does not want to play around with unless ready in every way: mentally, physically, emotionally. All these must be in a state of calm state and in sync for good duration of time, and one's sexual energies must be preserved during this period as well.

We can see the effect of life force energy loss in professional boxers. While training for a bout, usually 3-6 months in a training camp, the fighter is not permitted to engage in any sexual acitvity whatsover. Not even once. It drains the fighter's power to endure {adrenal gland drainage and related chakra) and the knees become weak -- the knees each have 8 acupunture points where chi flows.

[This message has been edited by Natural (edited 09-13-2002).]

16. Stephan

Stephan Senior Registered

Thanks for the info, Natural. You really explained that well!

------------------
    "Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." John Lennon

17. Frosty_Mon

Frosty_Mon Senior Registered

bishopk

there is a man named Robert Bruce who has info about Kundalini, and there is a forum there to ask him any questions. I think he talks about raising Kundalini. The site is www.astraldynamics.com Robert's site is all about the out of body experience and dealing with the energy body.

18. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

Thank you for bringing this thread back up, Deborah. It is amazing how Reiki works ... I really am thankful I was able to use it on Ron, with the results I have gotten. :thumbsup:

19. Cloacina

Cloacina Probationary

I hope no one minds me bringing up this old thread, but I'm interested in kundalini. According to lists I've seen, I've experienced some kundalini rising symptoms, but the serpent apparently always goes back to sleep.

On very rare ocassions, out of nowhere, I feel washed clean. I'm normally the type of person who can't let things go & often don't consider myself a very good person, but when this happens, I forgive myself for everything & feel like a good person. I feel like the whole world is beautiful & somehow, in the end, everything is going to be okay. It usually lasts about a day at most. Sometimes during this time, I experience luminosity. Everything is more beautiful. I also experience luminosity on other rare occassions by itself.

I've experienced electrical, crawling, vibrating, tingling, & pulsating feelings. I felt for awhile, electical feelings going from my skull down my spine. Also, there was one period of time where my head crawled. At first, I was worried about parasites, but there was something bizzare about the feeling that made me think, "It's not lice." Yet, I was paranoid, so I made a family member check several times on several ocassions. They kept saying, "Nothing." Apparently they were right because I never ended up with an infestation. What actually calmed my fears about it, was realizing I could touch the spot where I felt it & it wouldn't always move right then. Lice would have ran. Also, it felt so bizzare. Almost like an electric, tingly, vibration- & pulsating. Then I realized, it wasn't crawling on top of my scalp, it was beneath the skin. I figured, blood was having a difficult time making it through the scalp for some reason, which would have explained the pulsating & maybe the electrical feelings. It would come & go, finally going away for good.

I also read hot or cold temperatures will move through the chakras or spine. I felt, several times, something like water, a diff. temp. than my body pouring over my head, down my body. Afterwards, I'd feel darker somehow. My cousin mentioned having the physical sensation years later, but hers was a result of MS. I asked a psychiatrist about it & he told me he'd only heard of such a feeling in cases of psychosis, but he didn't think I had psychosis. I figure if chemicals released during psychosis feel this way, why not other chemical rushes? I assumed too much of some chemical was being released at once, so I felt it.

Speaking of chemical rushes, during one time- but this was prob. circumstantial since it was when I was depressed over other life events- I got such rushes of adrenaline out of nowhere (I assume it was adrenaline cause nervousness accompanied it) that I literally felt the chemicals releasing & traveling through my veins. It was hot, I think, & I know it felt heavy, ached, & hurt. It seems like it might have burned.

In conjunction with many other symptoms, such as the electrical feelings, the tingling, the pulsating, & crawling, etc., I sometimes felt headaches & pressure in my head a lot around those same times.

I don't tend to make spontaneous sounds. I have laughed in the middle of crying, but figure that's something unrelated to kundalini.

Most of these are older symptoms I no longer experience, but for several months now, I cry a lot more, sometimes without reason. It's hard to control. It happens even when I don't think I've been depressed or nervous, but maybe deep down I am around those times?

I have the tremors, fast heart rate, etc., but I have anxiety & MVP, so it's to be expected. Also, I have anxiety, sometimes panic attacks, & digestive issues, but these all run in the family & are chronic, so they're not relatable. I do get muscle twitches & spasms sometimes, esp. when meditating, but I think this is perfectly normal. As for the rest of the time, I jerk ocassionally, & I have tremors a lot, anyway. This is just natural for me.

For some reason I keep reading neck pain is related? My neck seriously gives me a hard time. Always has, but it's much worse lately. I feel like someone has broken it.

I haven't heard singing birds, but I did hear sounds several years ago, but due to a serious depression, possibly paranormal phenomenon due to circumstances, & a temporary illness that can have neurological affects, I think we have to dismiss kundalini. Since then, on a couple ocassions, I have heard music, but it's specific music, usually when in the shower (which causes people to be more likely to hear phantom music), & I may have some hearing loss, sadly, since my ears had fluid in them for so long. Plus, I drink caffeine like crazy, so I'm prob. more prone to hallucinations, anyway.

I hear there is a light phenomenon, but am unsure what this means. Y'all discussed the lights behind your eyes. Interestingly, while experiencing hypnagogic hallucinations recently, for the first time I not only saw colors, I saw intense flashes of golden or white light. I think it was yellow or golden. Later, I saw some white light, but from what I reall the white light wasn't in flashes- more like an orb.

I assume alterations in sleeping & eating patterns need to be in conjunction with everything else. I'm not sure if it changed during those times, but my patterns are crazy period.

I have had periods of time where I suddenly have mood swings. Sometimes it coincides with other symptoms. It seems to be common during certain periods of my life. Any difficulty concentrating, psychic experiences, or creativity seems to come in bursts, but I thought it was normal for it to ebb & flow. Is this because of kundalini rising & falling?

Does it sound like kundalini, or does it sound like neurological or chemical issues? Also, I've been thinking about doing kundalini yoga positions to raise kundalini. Do you have to deal with feeling miserable & half crazy to do this, or can you take it slowly enough so it's more gentle? Also, I've read it can destroy a person's libido. Is this true?

20. Deborah

Sorry I missed this post Cloacina. I thought others may enjoy the read and I hope to come back to your post tomorrow. Somehow I missed it. : angel