Are family members always people we knew in past lives?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by bb32, Jul 26, 2014.

1. bb32

bb32 New Member

So I know that we reincarnate with the same people, so oftentimes our family members are people we knew in our past lives as well. But are our family members always people from our past lives, or could they be souls that we have never encountered before in past lives?

2. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

I'm definitely not an expert on past lives or the spiritual realm, but I don't see why we can't have family members who we did not share a life with before. I do believe that we generally plan out our lives from the other side before we go into it, but I am open to all possibilities. I think if you are sharing a life with someone important, you plan to "meet-up" in this life before you even get here.

3. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I think it's mixed. In my family, I had no previous ties to my parents or siblings. But I did have ties to several aunts and cousins. After a while you learn how to tell who you have ties to. Think about your own relatives. How do you feel around various people? Are there people you like a lot? Are there people where "sparks fly" because there is so much animosity and you don't know what you did to deserve it? That's usually a good indicator you have known them before.

4. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

When you start college you don't know anyone. As soon as you start taking classes you get to know more and more people. Even though in each class you should have a different group of people (especially if you're in an university with around 25.000 students) somehow you' ll start seeing people you' ve taken classes with in the past in these new classes. Sometimes they will be a few, sometimes 1 , and even sometimes none. By the time you're about to graduate it's likely you' ll be meeting old classmates in your classes than on your first day of school.

So the same is pretty much with families, not everyone is people from the past, the more lives we live the more people we' ll meet, therefore there will be more chances of them being part of our family. However, there could also be the case that nobody from our family is from past lives.

5. bb32

bb32 New Member

I just have a strong feeling that my sister is in my soul group and I feel like we have lived many past lives together. I don't have any proof of this but I just feel this way. I haven't really felt this way about many other people, maybe one or two but not as strongly as with her. I don't feel the same about my other family members. I feel little connection with them, so I feel like I probably wasn't involved with them in past lives. My sister and my mom definitely have a lot of animosity.. they do not get a long what so ever and literally fight over everything.. they get into arguments about mundane stuff constantly, basically every time they speak to each other. So I feel like they probably knew each other in their past lives and had some sort of conflict that has carried over into this life. On the other hand I get along with my mom fine for the most part, but I don't feel a very strong connection to her though.

6. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

Now do think also it could be mixed. It depends on the individual do think and what they choose for this life. As for my life personally, it seemed as if I am soooo different then others in my family. Both of my parents have passed on but I am sincerely grateful that they were my parents in this life for I received something from both of them.

7. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Yes I think it's a mixture for most people. I have a connection with some of my family members, but not all by any means.

8. Spatz

Spatz Senior Registered

I don't know if I'd ever say 'always' for anything in reincarnation. There are constant exceptions cropping up!

Personally, I haven't identified anyone in my family as someone I've known in a past life. Actually, I really have a hard time relating to my family members for anything outside of my parents. Of course it's still possible, and I only speak for my family this lifetime. It makes sense that one might seek out a prospective family that one has 'history' with. Just haven't found mine yet, is all.

9. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

I agree with this, I think whatever it is that goes into reincarnating is too varied and diverse for there to be a set of rules.

It seems it would get awfully boring having to cope with the same-old same-old people every time around. I'd think that we must drift apart or come together according to...something. I don't have any particular sense of really being with anyone from my birth family before. My husband - maybe - but I don't remember any past lives anyway. My sister who claimed to remember past lives (and future) never mentioned me at all, I didn't press her about it. She did mention our brother and her husband and sons.

My intuitive guess is that I perhaps saw the woman who was my mother and thought 'this could be an interesting chance', and just jumped in. But that's just a guess.

10. Brian5705

Brian5705 Probationary

Family members

I believe that family members are many times reincarnated together. According to Spiritism, families are constantly reincarnated in groups, with exceptions thrown in, such as a less mature spirit, so they may learn to improve.

I have a post about that - Family Bonds are Strengthen through Reincarnation

I believe Spiritism gives you a context through which to see what reincarnation is for and how if affects you.

11. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Yes, Spiritism is one system for trying to make sense of things and it has some insights, although I'm not big on dogma and doctrine myself.

I would say that just as for present life situations there is no such thing as 'normal' or the 'right way' to do anything, it does seem that people, on the whole, tend to 'clump' into either family or friend groups or a bit of both. I have family members and friends that I've had more than one life with.

12. seagreen

seagreen New Member

I also believe that it's a mixture. In my case, I've never felt like I have much in common with my mother and I don't think we've shared many lives together, if any. On the other hand, I feel that my father and I share some "karmic ties" and have been through several lives together. On the whole, I don't feel very close to most of my family, and kind of hope I'll reincarnate into one that makes me happier next time. Yes, I do believe that groups of people "usually" reincarnate together, but as Spatz and Owl said, it's certainly not always the case. There will always be new people coming into your lives.

13. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat New Member

I feel like I have been with my father before definitely. Either as a father to me, or I feel like I may have been a mother to him at one point?

~ I don't feel that way with my mother at all. A little bit with my sister perhaps, but definitely with my father!!!

Even my dad's side of the family. I hardly see them, only every other year at family reunions, but I feel so connected with them!

I remember having dreams about my dad's deceased parents. I never met them in real life, but they came to me in a dream once. I feel like I have a special connection with my dad.

14. JonniGray

JonniGray Jonni Gray

Past Lives with Family Members

Even though we may not feel a connection, or a closeness, or much emotion with a blood family member, regressions reveal that we will have all incarnated together in some form or another again and again and again. Someone in your family you feel very little connection with was often a neighbour or a student in your class or some other role of minimal significance. As a past life repressionist who's performed tens of thousands of regressions, I have researched this subject thoroughly because the question comes up again and again. I hope that helps.

15. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

I dont feel much bond with my family members. I sometimes feel as if though they come from a different planet almost. They think, they act differently, they want different things out of life. My mother who is a narcississt, almost nobody gets along with her. Either she is here to test us in some way, or we have unresolved karmic issues to work out.

However, I visited family in Australia. My non blood related cousins, aunts, and uncles I got along really well with. Go figure. It was like we were on the same page. I also felt comfort around them, and a sense of relief being around them.

16. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

You probably have past ties to the relatives in Australia but not the immediate family members. I'm the same way. Past ties to several aunts and cousins but not the immediate family. This is where the internet helps us keep in touch with people we like, no matter where they are. :)

17. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Cont...

Since both my parents came from the same region which I feel my past-life had lived, I feel that its a possibility that there may have been that "six degrees of separation" amongst my parents, and my past-life; specific connections remain unknown.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015