• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Are there any Palaces in Shanxi?

Twilight

Senior Registered
Hello there, it’s been a while since logging in.
Question: I was wondering if there was such a palace in Shanxi that fits this description?

Explanation: In my past life my name was Xiang, I was in a Palace with red walls and a golden dragon. I looked out and there was an invasion that was charging towards the property. So I charged out with my men to battle but didn’t make it through the battle.
Since I apparently had a common name among Rulers and Dukes, I figured that I’d post here before I muddle up my past life regression.

Thanks in Advanced :)

Last edited:
Given that I’ve been doing my own research into Feudal Japan, I thought that Ancient China can’t be any more difficult, but I was wrong LOL... :p

I straight out googled ‘Shanxi Palace’ and it gave me a heap of hits about a place called ‘Yanxi Palace’.

Apparently this Palace was in Ancient China, and a show was made based on the events that happened in this Palace. It was apparently based around the concubines of Emperor Qianlong in the 1700’s.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-46630781

Interesting enough, I have been watching a Turkish show called ‘Muhteşem Yüzyıl’ which is based around Sultan Süleyman of the Ottoman Empire and his concubines... Anyways I digress...

I googled the Emperor’s Palace too. It is located in the Forbidden City, Beijing, China and still stands today. It was Qianqing Palace or ‘The Palace of Heavenly Purity’. Here’s the link for more info: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_Heavenly_Purity

Hope this helps,
Eva x

Given that I’ve been doing my own research into Feudal Japan, I thought that Ancient China can’t be any more difficult, but I was wrong LOL... :p

I straight out googled ‘Shanxi Palace’ and it gave me a heap of hits about a place called ‘Yanxi Palace’.

Apparently this Palace was in Ancient China, and a show was made based on the events that happened in this Palace. It was apparently based around the concubines of Emperor Qianlong in the 1700’s.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-46630781

Interesting enough, I have been watching a Turkish show called ‘Muhteşem Yüzyıl’ which is based around Sultan Süleyman of the Ottoman Empire and his concubines... Anyways I digress...

I googled the Emperor’s Palace too. It is located in the Forbidden City, Beijing, China and still stands today. It was Qianqing Palace or ‘The Palace of Heavenly Purity’. Here’s the link for more info: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_Heavenly_Purity

Hope this helps,
Eva x

Eva, I think in terms of the TV show, Yanxi refers in someway to the Shanxi province, as from what I gathered, the main character is of Han decent, who is vying for power in the Manchu dominated government / dynasty.

The forbidden city / imperial palace is like a Russian nesting doll of palaces within palaces. The emperor had his own, along with the empress and his other wives in descending order.

Hello there, it’s been a while since logging in.
Question: I was wondering if there was such a palace in Shanxi that fits this description?

Explanation: In my past life my name was Xiang, I was in a Palace with red walls and a golden dragon. I looked out and there was an invasion that was charging towards the property. So I charged out with my men to battle but didn’t make it through the battle.
Since I apparently had a common name among Rulers and Dukes, I figured that I’d post here before I muddle up my past life regression.

Thanks in Advanced :)

Twilight, I / we would need more clues to be able to be able to narrow down the time period, dynasty and so on. Red and dragons is quite common in China and Beijing isn't located in Shanxi province. The building in question could be everything from a governor's mansion, an imperial outpost or a shrine. Shanxi is also often confused with Shaanxi province to the west. You may want to look there for clues too.

Do you remember anything about the style of clothing, weapons, flags, banners, buildings and so on that may be helpful in providing clues to the time period?

Back