Artic whale hunt memory.

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Wizard, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Here is one of the memories I have which may be a past life memory:

This memory takes place in an area that seems to be in or near the Artic. I remember a beach or shore area where these people had a whale that they had captured in a whale hunt and they were slicing the whale in to long strips of whale meat and then they were cutting those strips into smaller square or rectangular peices of meat.

Then they would stack up maybe about 5 or 6 pieces of the smaller square peices of whale meat and wrap it up in something like seal skin or some sort of white cloth, then they would tie a rope or cord around the these bundles of whale meat to hold them together and then take them somewhere for storage (I think that it is possible that they were taking this whale meat to someplace where it would freeze and they could later use it for food.) I remember that the whale meat had a kind of a smell to it, it wasn't a bad smell, but it was sort of an oily smell, a smell like cooking oil has.

The people on the beach had clothes that seemed to me like the type of clothes Artic area people would wear. In this memory I was wearing a coat that had an attached hood on it (something like a Parka coat). The hood had gray or white fur around the edges of it this fur fit snugly around my face. I also think that I was wearing high boots that seemed to come up almost to my knee or above. I remember that it was very cold there and when the wind blew the cold would sting my face, but it didn't seem to bother me too much.

I also think that I was wearing high boots that seem to come up almost or above my knee. Is there someone in this forum who knows something about whale hunts that can tell me if this memory of mine sounds like an actual whale hunt?

When I think about reincarnation, sometimes wonder if a person could have been his or her own ancestor in a past life. Some of my ancestors were Eastern Finns, and from what I have read about Finns is that some of them are related geneticaly to Siberians. I have a picture of one of my cousins (First cousin twice removed) who lived in Finland and was born around 1900, and it seems to me that when I look a pictures of my ancestors and relatives that the farther back they were born the more they begin to resemble Siberians or Eskimos.

This just might be my imagination though. I am attaching a picture of my cousin so that I can get other peoples opinion as to whether or not my cousin resembles siberians or eskimos. One thing I'm wondering about is if the person in the whale hunt could have been me as one of my own ancestors.

Wizard cousin.jpg

2. Fab

Fab Senior Registered

Hi Wizard! :)

Thanks for sharing your memories with us. You sure remember a lot of details!
    How did you remember? Were you regressed or did you have dreams about it?
    Have you tried searching about whale hunt on the internet?
    Take a look at this article i found.
    Karoliina is from Finland! Maybe she will be able to help you.

Keep us posted! :)

3. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Hi Fab!

Thanks for the link. I have not been regressed, these memories I have come to me as distant memories which I can not link to anything in my present life. Once I try to focus in on these memories I can remember more details about them. I have many of these memories which may be coming from as many as 15 different past lives, so I have a lot of memories to sort out trying to remember which memory belongs to which life. Once I get these things organized I can starting posting more of my past live memories in these forums.
    In this present life I can remember back to when I was 2 years old, so I have a fairly good memory as to what has occured in the past in my present life, so that will help sort things out.

Wizard

4. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Wizard,
    I skimmed over Fab's link that she found and I bet there are many other links that may actually explain the process to you. You have so many details and you clearly know nothing about whale hunting in this life so you might actually find a way to validate this. I always find this kind of thing exciting. There are also historical societies that may be able to help. My first thought was eskimos though probably because eskimos are the only people that I'm familiar with that may hunt whales.
    Good luck to you.
    Vicky

5. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Hi Vicky, hi everyone.
    I wanted to add some extra details to my original post about my whale hunt memory but I thought the details were to gruesome, so I left them out. This is what I wanted to add: there was a lot of whale blood in the ice and snow around the whale. When I looked around on the internet a little while ago to see what I could find about whale meat, I found a picture on a website which looks very very similar to the the whale hunt scene that I remember, except that the people in the scene I remember were wearing Eskimo like clothes and it was in a different time maybe in the 1800's or early 1900's.
    here is the link to the webpage with the picture.

http://www.visualpursuit.com/pagespeoplena/p4_433.html

Wizard

6. Fab

Fab Senior Registered

It's good that you could find some kind of validation... I hope you can find anything related to Eskimos too. ;)

7. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Here is something I just found on the internet, its how someone had described whale meat, the person said:

"It tasted like a cross between beef and liver and had a strong oily smell."

The oily smell definately fits into my memory. this seems to be a validation of my whale hunt memory.

I did'nt find anything yet about if they wrapped the whale meat in something before they stored it, but I did find that Eskimos did sometimes eat frozen whale meat.

Wizard

8. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Wizard,
    I looked at the picture. Lot of blood. I was wondering if the meat in the picture is cut like in your memory. I remember you saying something about how the meat was cut and the meat in the photo is definetly cut in a specific way.
    Vicky

9. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Hi Vicky,
    The whale meat in my whale hunt memory was cut into strips and then cut into smaller pieces, rectangular or square in shape. The peices of whale meat in the picture on that web page seem to resemble something like that. I suppose though they could have cut the whales meat in a lot of different
    ways. The other things in the picture on the webpage strongly resemble the scene I remember, like the group of people standing around the whale.

Also I think I might remember a name which is associated with my whale hunt memory. The name is something like this: Nishun Anuk Kiyoo. This might have been my name or the name of a village that I lived in.

Wizard

10. Aaron

Aaron Senior Registered

Hi Wizard! I find your experience interesting.

Many Native American religions included whale hunting as a spiritual experience, it's very highly likely that you were part of that. I find your description of the smellof the oil to be of personal validation.

As to whether or not your cousin's perceived appearance of a certain ethnicity has anything to do with your past life, is nothing but speculation unfortunately. It's highly possible you might be a reincarnation of a past ancestor, all of us could be at one point or another. I hope you focus more on the experience you have of your memory. How did it come to you? Is it a dream, in meditation or a spontaneous memory caused by a trigger? I'd love to hear more about how the memory came to you and if it relates to any current life events.

Do you think you had a life with your cousin? DO you feel as if your cousin is familiar to you? Please let us all know! I am curious :D

Aaron

11. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello Wizard!

Very interesting memories! :thumbsup:

Finnish people have some genetically related peoples scattered in Russia, but I think we have no connection to Inuits (Eskimos). Your cousin looks like she could be from North Finland, Lappland where the original Sámi people (Lapps) still live. They have dark features and look different from other Finns. I'm originally from East Finland and we are mostly blondes.

Also there is no sea shore in East Finland and even in North Finland there are no whales and no whales have ever been hunt in Finland. I suggest you look at Norway, Iceland and Greenland. They hunt whales and especially in Greenland you have Inuits that look a lot like your cousin and wear clothes you've described. (Although I'm not very familiar with this topic so please double-check this information.)

Karoliina

12. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Hi Aaron!

I would say that my memories are spontaneous and come to me by some sort of trigger. I have a lot these a memories and I should write them down when I remember them otherwise I'll forget forget them for a few years, and they'll re-surface later. The thing about my cousin in the picture is that she reminds me of Eskimo people but I think I should try to focus in on one thing at a time (the whale hunt memory) and concentrate on that otherwise it will make things complicated.
    I want to mention that for now I am trying to avoid looking at pictures of Eskimos, or studying Eskimo history, Eskimo traditions etc. this is because I don't want those things to influence my memory by putting in ideas that don't belong in my whale hunt hunt memory. What I want to try to do first is rely on my memories alone and extract all the things I can from those memories, then after that I can start studying things like Eskimo history, eskimo traditions etc. to see if these things fit into my whale hunt memory.

When I said that I remember a name which sounded something like "Nishun Anuk Kiyoo" I knew nothing about Eskimo names, after I posted those names I looked around on the internet I saw that "Anuk" is apparently is an Eskimo name, and it also might have a second meaning which be a vulgar word. I also found that the name Kayoo seems to be an Eskimo name too, this might be the name that sounded like "Kiyoo" that I mentioned. I feel that I was a male about 12 years old in the whale hunt memory.

Also I seem to be rememering a song that may be associated with with the Eskimo like people that are in my whale hunt memory, I do not know if Eskimos sang songs, I know next to nothing about Eskimos, but I'll put what the song sounded like in this post and I can check it out later, to
    see if anything like this song ever existed or if Eskimos even sang songs. Here is what the song sounded like:

Hii Yu nuh, Hii Yu nuh, Kaieyooooo!.
    Hii Yu nuh, Hii Yu nuh, kaieyooooo!.

I feel that this song might mean something about a bird soaring through the air? or it might be a song about the artic animals?

Karolinna,
    Thanks for your opinion and information Thats very interesting!

Wizard

13. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Wizard,

I am following along. Very interesting and thank you for sharing. I have to commend you for the following -

Thank you for sharing that here; your approach is very important for people to remember. Validation can come later. Recording the experience is enough for now. Research can always follow. This is how Lagrima recorded her case...memories first - research later. :) Her book Chosen to Believe documents how she did it.

Please keep us posted - I am all ears. :) OK eyes - here we have to read.

14. Fab

Fab Senior Registered

Hi Wizard! :)

I think that is a very smart idea. Once you remember more about the Eskimos you can try to check out the net and look for validation. ;)

Do you have any idea of what could have triggered your memories?

15. Katjastar

Katjastar Tiger & his stuffed piggy

Do you feel drawn to a specific country? The Language that you write in sort of sounds like that of the Inuvialuit. (Northern Territories of Canada). There are many Eskimo Villiages up there and in one place in particular called "Kitigaaryuit" They have annual whale hunts. A whale hunt is viewed as a very special event where the whole villiage views and celebrates the hunt & capture.

Kitigaaryuit

Situated at the mouth of the East Channel of the Mackenzie River, Kitigaaryuit (also spelled Kittigazuit) is believed to have been the largest permanent Inuvialuit settlement before contact with the Tan'ngit. Excavations indicate the presence of people at Kitigaaryuit for at least 500 years.

Kitigaaryuit was an important site both as a base camp for whale hunting and a place to hold seasonal celebrations. Although people lived year-round at Kitigaaryuit, their number increased during the summer whale hunt.

It has been estimated that there were 1,000 Inuvialuit living there in 1850. As a result of epidemics, by 1905 the population was reduced to 259, and by 1910 to only 130.

16. Deborah

I am wondering if you (Wizard) have any updates? This is a fascinating case. ;)

17. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Hi Deborah, Hi everyone,

I've been away from the forum for a while and forgot about
    this post. I had found something about the words in the song
    which I thought had something to do animals, I found some
    info a while back which suggested that the word that sounds
    like "kaieyooooo" may actualy be about a coyote! perhaps
    the word "kaieyooooo" also represented the sound a coyote makes. I don't have anymore to add to this post at this time.

I have many of these things that could be past life memories,
    and I'm still working on sorting them out. One thing that I'm
    working on this summer is trying to revive (by meditation) these different memories. Now something new is happening
    after meditating, and that is talking in different languages in my sleep (this is really bizzarre!) I am thinking about starting a new post about this (talking different languages in my sleep)
    but I don't know what catagorie to put it under.

Wizard

18. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Wizard,

I think speaking other languages in your sleep is called xenoglossy. You can enter that word in our Search and find past threads on the subject.

Vicky

19. Deborah

HI Wizard,

Did you start a new post and I missed it? I am curious about your experiences and I am sure others are too. :D

20. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

This is really interesting - because I had a dream where I had gone whaling. I was one of the guys that put harpoons in it.

We weren't that far up north in my dream though. My age in this dream was around late teens to early 20's.

I don't talk about it much due to modern society's views on whaling, but I was fortunate enough to meet a man from R.I. whom I was discussing 19c maritime stuff with and brought up the subject. He 'understood' me.

I love scrimshaw and when I had gone to Salem, MA back in '07, I bought myself a pendant with a Cape Horn ship on it. It's 'real' scrimshaw - and not the 'fakeshaw' done by machines. It's done an an antler slice. I wear it on a strand of hemp cord around my neck. It's a bit faded though from wear.

[​IMG]