• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Astral Projection: the basics.

Next part

As I was not sure if I had chosen the right bench and as I wondered why she hadn't appeared in a more solid way, I came to the conclusion that my friend could be waiting for me in some other place. After she had vanished I decided to look for her again. I didn't know how, so I jumped into the air and started flying and having some fun.

As like in a dream (but I was fully awake and aware) I suddenly noticed a kind of tear in the sky, like a tear in a fabric. Maybe she is on the other side, I thought. Maybe this is a tear between our respective realities.
I pushed both parts aside, so I could go through it. On the other side, there was a lot of bright light. I entered a 'place' where there was nothing to see anymore. Really nothing, except yellowish light everywhere. Then, slowly building itself, there was a window, long and narrow and instead of normal glass, it had something like stained glass. You couldn't look through. In front of this old window, I saw a human figure, constantly morphing into different persons. Everybody was from the past, according to their clothes. Male to female, different ages... I hardly had time to make mental pictures, for them to be printed into my memory. I also wondered if I had entered my friend's memory because I felt no personal or emotional connection to all those morphing figures.
There was one person I remember well. It was a young man, almost still in puberty, who (all happened in front of this window) was figuring out how to fit in a metal harness. It was too complicated for him alone and I could feel his rebellious unwillingness to do all that stuff.

Then, without warning, I was thrown through time and found myself in ancient Egypt. I saw the construction of one of those pyramids. In the background, there was already one pyramid finished but I found myself near a dusty road full of construction workers. One row went up (with baskets and stuff), another row of workers went down. It was dusty and crowded. It was not a flash or vision, I was there, could move around. But I was so surprised, I didn't know what to do.

Next, I was in Africa. I saw specific houses and rooftops that are not stereotypical African huts. The houses were not round, not square, more of an organic kind of building and the roofs followed the curves. The roofs were as big as the houses or even bigger, made of straw. The walls were white, didn't see doors. There were no bicycles or cars. Some people walked around quietly. Quite interesting.

Next, I was near water, like an ocean. Along the shore, there was a line of men watching the horizon. Like fishermen. They were hardly dressed. First I thought this was Africa too because these people were also dark skinned but later on I highly doubted that. In this part, I was like walking along these men and I wondered that they were so amazingly different between each other. It was like they didn't belong to the same tribe or if they did, they must have lived in a cultural melting pot. I studied their faces, their different types of hairstyles, different body types. I was not in a rush, they didn't seem to notice me and I could move around and walk back and forth. Maybe it was Polynesia or at least an island somewhere in that area. They were very calm and silent.

I was really thinking that I had entered my friend's memories or maybe it was possible our shared memories. I was only wondering and observing as closely as possible but I had never a feeling of recognition like a past life memory. My mind wandered back to the Egyptian scenery and immediately I was back at the construction site.

This time I told myself I needed closer looks of details and different views. I somewhat hoovered away from this road (it was a stable elevated road leading upwards to the pyramids first and second floor. It was just people carrying baskets. I didn't see them moving blocks of stone. Only men with clothes around their waist and on their heads. Didn't see women.) I hoovered a bit to the left and I noticed a kind of settlement. At least, I thought it was. I presumed much of these men slept there, maybe there was also family life there. I can't remember more, so I must have stopped my experience there.

When I told my friend, I asked what she thought about my theory that I might had entered some of her memories of past lives. She had no idea. She couldn't agree nor disagree.

@fireflydancing . That was really interesting! Why do you think mental projection would take more energy than astral travel? I have my own hypothesis, but I'd love to hear yours.

Hi Eowyn,

It's not easy to compare them. First of all, I don't have much experience with astral projection in full consciousness. When it happened spontaneously, it didn't cost any energy. All the times I tried to achieve this state without achieving leaving the body, were often very tiresome, getting stuck in the vibrational stage for ages took a lot of energy, for example.

The mental wandering is a meditative state but not really a classical meditation. In the beginning, I took quite some time to prepare myself and the experience itself could take several hours on a row. In the first part, there is a lot of concentration and visualization. I always make a very conscious decision about my appearance and about what kind of body I will use to travel. It takes time and concentration to let that happen. At a certain point, you're 'through' and 'in' and from there the adventures will take their own course. But all the time you are fully awake, so you need concentration energy to stay in your experiences. It is possible to walk around physically (your normal body) because it is not necessary to stay with closed eyes all the time. While your body takes a break, your mind is still out there wandering.

In short: you get tired because of the amount of concentration it takes to stay in.

I don't think you can find validation for inner experiences in the outside world.
I also don't know how it works for other people. That one time I was consciously astral traveling (having left the body and hyperconscious about it) I just directed my attention to a spot and I went there. It was not walking, just moving my attention.
When I use the method of mental wandering, I often force myself to walk, to touch the ground, step by step as a kind of grounding and solidification. I also try to touch solid objects for the same reason.

I don't think there is a reason why someone has to rush forward because you can easily skip the moving from A to B. Actually, in my experience, it's more difficult to slowly move forward. When your attention focusses on a point, you're there immediately.

this idea of soul group or soul mate has me thinking, considering the different forms one may take(as in your experience FF or the idea of reincarnation)- the familial bond of love is not solely recognizable by face or simply physical form- so the many forms we are attracted to might resemble a love that is our lineage, our souls belonging. (???)

Last edited:
it seems it's easier for me to do things laying on my back. i am learning my best opportunity to project is after waking up form a good nights rest(sometime earlier in the AM) have a small stretch and then go back to sleep. the body and mind are willing to slip into the sleeping state easily but, if you keep your mind even somewhat alert you may find that silver lining for crossing over or pushing out. you have to let your mind think its going to sleep with the body but you have to keep some aspect of yourself awake(to be an observer). you can't be completely awake. you can't be so tired you slip into a dream or deep sleep. it happened this morning. i heard the usual noises honing in and simultaneously tried projecting out. i wasn't successful. i believe i only got half-way out of my body and did not have the strength or energy to go further. this consequently caused me to slip into a dream. why do i get so tired? maybe it's as you've posted firefly. because of the amount of concentration. that makes sense to me...
my projections don't come as easily at times, i've even found myself stumbling around like a drunk after projecting once. that doesn't happen so much anymore. maybe i am applying to much force?
for the longest i found it difficult to willingly project laying on my back due to the feeling of vulnerability. with a hopeful attitude, you can replace that hesitation with a willingness to explore the unknown- that optimism may allow for a clearer experience. i can tell you i have always been protected in my most vulnerable moments.
so... i will try to experiment again and post of any out of bodies...

Last edited:
i believe this mornings occurrence was a dream instead of a successful projection. one, because i did not have the experience of honing in and pushing out and two because i woke up in a different room from the one i was sleeping in. i did experience some lucidity, that is, mentally telling myself i don't have to walk in this reality. once i made that connection, with a small effort, i was levitating. i remembered i could push myself out of the window as i have before and i did. that was an interesting feeling, it seemed i was taking notes in the dream. one thing that was also similar(happens when i am outside my house during an OBE), every time i look up to the stars and try to go towards them i am pushed back down. in this dream i tried rising to the stars only to be pushed down and into another dream.
maybe because i am unfamiliar with this territory in waking... but, i've had a dream of being in space before and i've had unknown words or ideas revealed in the dream experience... so why this entrapment... and only when i believe i am somewhat conscious of astral projecting.

hey eowyn are you there? i was hoping to experience more in-between states and share my O.B.E's. unfortunately the opportunity isn't as often. something that has changed in my diet is that i drink coffee now on a daily basis. i wonder, do you think this might be creating a hindrance?

hey eowyn are you there? i was hoping to experience more in-between states and share my O.B.E's. unfortunately the opportunity isn't as often. something that has changed in my diet is that i drink coffee now on a daily basis. i wonder, do you think this might be creating a hindrance?

Cloud, The short answer is no! Drinking coffee won't hinder anything. Remember that every night when you sleep we all leave the body and spend some time on the astral plane. Mostly on the lower or middle astral worlds. We just don't remember it. The reason we don't is because the vast majority of us do not have a developed etheric web link within the etheric body which helps with conscious memory and connection between the physical and astral brain. Most people have a period of blank nothing as they drift off to sleep and then consciousness shifts into the astral body where we have our dream experiences. Even then the subconscious tends to filter out what is really going on while out because it is tied to the lower ego while incarnated.

I should know because the only time I have ever had a conscious OBE is first having a lucid dream which is my trigger which then the experiences goes from dreaming to conscious OBE. It's all a matter of conscious awareness and control of your enviourment. I believe that mankind at this stage of evolution is not yet ready to handle conscious OBE's on a every day basis. We are still too focused on the physical world and all its trappings which is why many that live in western cultures don't realized that their dead at first when death does takes place simply because they are resonating now on the lower astral plane which looks and feels just like life here except for some minor changes which the person at first is not aware of.

As everything in the physicals world has it's astral counterpart in lower astral matter. This is what is so above so below means. As one moves further and further away from the lower astral away from the physical and into the middle and higher astral world the environments there become less physical in nature and more of a reflection both mentality and emotionally of the souls that are living on those sub planes.

Hope this helps some. When you do start having those in between states due let us know sounds interesting.

Love and peace .

P.

Last edited:

I think Polaris8 is quite right with his answer. I wonder though if caffeine could make you more nervous and then it would be harder to relax enough so that you can transfer your consciousness to your astral body when you separate. I mean, we always leave our bodies when we're asleep, but the point is to be conscious at that moment and as lucid as possible while you're out. I can't think how caffeine would interfere with the process, but who knows, as we ignore almost all about the physiology of OBEs. Maybe I'd look at other aspects of your life too, if you're too worried about something, or too tired because you're hectic now... all that would also affect the ability.

I think Polaris8 is quite right with his answer. I wonder though if caffeine could make you more nervous and then it would be harder to relax enough so that you can transfer your consciousness to your astral body when you separate. I mean, we always leave our bodies when we're asleep, but the point is to be conscious at that moment and as lucid as possible while you're out. I can't think how caffeine would interfere with the process, but who knows, as we ignore almost all about the physiology of OBEs. Maybe I'd look at other aspects of your life too, if you're too worried about something, or too tired because you're hectic now... all that would also affect the ability.

Eowyn, Good insight on this. Yes Caffeine itself won't hinder OBE however not being able to be relaxed and calm can! as one's awareness needs to be focused inward away from the physical body. I have tried for years to consciously do this and at one time I think a almost did but it never happened because I became annoyed by the buzzing sound from within the center of my head and all over my body that I gave up. Now if I could just let that go and allow it to happen I have been told it would go away and I could then shift consciousness into the astral body. The buzzing sound is the vibrational change of consciousness shifting from the physical to the astral body. This process we do every night when sleeping however we are not aware of it at all in general.

Also there are times when we come back into the body and the astral is not quite completely done snapping into place and we awake up in the physical but can't move. This is called sleep paralysis and it can be very frightening but its not harmful. Another issues is sleep walking. This is where the astral body won't separate at all from the physical like it should so it simply drags the physicals body with it acting out all sorts of things while consciousness is awake and aware on the astral plane. My mom told me I use to do this when I was 6 or 7 as I was afraid of the dark. So I would sleep walk and turn on all the lights in the house and go back to bed. I have no memory of doing this. I never learned how to do OBE's until I had a NDE many years ago as an adult. Since then I can have them on occasion. I think the NDE has something to do with this. In any case I'm glad I can because I now know that as soul we all survive physical death. It is nothing more then a transitions of consciousness from the physical to the other higher dimensions. Soul simply just drops the physicals body as the sliver cords snaps and shifts inwardly into the astral body that it has been using all along. From there the person simply continue to live but in their astral body now.

Anyway very good insight on that one.

Love and peace.

P.

Eowyn, Good insight on this. Yes Caffeine itself won't hinder OBE however not being able to be relaxed and calm can! as one's awareness needs to be focused inward away from the physical body. I have tried for years to consciously do this and at one time I think a almost did but it never happened because I became annoyed by the buzzing sound from within the center of my head and all over my body that I gave up. Now if I could just let that go and allow it to happen I have been told it would go away and I could then shift consciousness into the astral body. The buzzing sound is the vibrational change of consciousness shifting from the physical to the astral body. This process we do every night when sleeping however we are not aware of it at all in general.

Perfectly explained.

Also there are times when we come back into the body and the astral is not quite completely done snapping into place and we awake up in the physical but can't move. This is called sleep paralysis and it can be very frightening but its not harmful.

I always give the same explanation about sleep paralysis, as we astral travellers don't have any doubt about this, but how hard it is to make people understand!

Another issues is sleep walking. This is where the astral body won't separate at all from the physical like it should so it simply drags the physicals body with it acting out all sorts of things while consciousness is awake and aware on the astral plane. My mom told me I use to do this when I was 6 or 7 as I was afraid of the dark. So I would sleep walk and turn on all the lights in the house and go back to bed. I have no memory of doing this.

This is very interesting as I once was asked about the possible relation between OBEs and sleepwalking and I wasn't sure what to say. Do you have some theory about why this would happen? Would you call it pathological or just some event similar to sleep paralysis, nothing to worry about?

I remember this happened to my youngest brother (maybe 4-5 at that time), one night we all fours siblings were spending the night in a hotel, and he sat up on the edge of the bed and just stared at the blank television, while my eldest brother asked him "But what are you doing, don't you see it's off?" and he would only get grunts in reply. Finally he got back to bed, and he didn't remember anything the following day, either. It seems this phenomenon is more frequent in children, maybe we have a clue there.

Perfectly explained.

I always give the same explanation about sleep paralysis, as we astral travellers don't have any doubt about this, but how hard it is to make people understand!

This is very interesting as I once was asked about the possible relation between OBEs and sleepwalking and I wasn't sure what to say. Do you have some theory about why this would happen? Would you call it pathological or just some event similar to sleep paralysis, nothing to worry about?

I remember this happened to my youngest brother (maybe 4-5 at that time), one night we all fours siblings were spending the night in a hotel, and he sat up on the edge of the bed and just stared at the blank television, while my eldest brother asked him "But what are you doing, don't you see it's off?" and he would only get grunts in reply. Finally he got back to bed, and he didn't remember anything the following day, either. It seems this phenomenon is more frequent in children, maybe we have a clue there.
Eowyn,

I don't really know why this sometimes happens because in general it is natural for the astral body to separate from the physical during sleep and travel on it's own plane or dimension. We all do this nightly 3 or 4 times a night. However the physical consciousness is not aware of this process. However it is a good thing that nature put's into place safety guards so that the physical is not harmed during the process which is why we become paralysis during sleep. However just like anything else things can and do go awry. I believe most people don't believe this is because they are not aware that while we are incarnated we all have inner subtle bodies which operate and correspond to the higher dimensions of our universe.

Most people are only aware of the physical and identify with it as the only source of the person. And once the physical body dies the person no longer exists. And that we have a soul along with the body. However the reverse is true. We are soul first and we had a body second which is only temporary. And along with this body we also have two other inner subtle bodies that are intertwined within the physical which operate on the astral and mental planes. They too are also temporary which most do not realize. Once the physical body dies soul shifts consciousness inward into the astral body and drops the physical. The person now lives and has full consciousness on the astral plane for a period of time. When that persons astral life is over the same process happens again and souls shifts inward into the mental body and drops the astral. Then the person has full consciousness on the mental plane for a period of time which could last a very long time. Perhaps hundreds to thousands of years. However when the lower ego has lived out it's full potential on the mental plane the mental body is dropped. Then the soul returns to full consciousness on the soul plane which is where it originally started from. Here is it above time, space, matter and duality. It is from here where we all decided to incarnate. In which cases the process starts all over again in obtaining a new mental, astral and physical body which will have no memory of it's past lives. It is only within the soul body or causal body where these records are kept during our soul journeys in the lower worlds of duality.

Hope this helps some. So in a way the vast majority of humanity is sleeping walking thru lifetime after lifetime not knowing who they truly are as soul.
So for you to become aware of this while in the physical is a very big deal in terms of your souls evolution. As you are starting to unravel the cosmic puzzle of existences.

Love and peace.

P.

So I've been taking thesevpills to help me sleep. Clonidine combined with Benadryl. Every night, for about 10yrs now. It's gitten to the point where if I don't take the pills, I don't sleep. Recently though, something interesting has been happening to me. If I don't take the pills and try to sleep, just before I drift off I experience what is scientifically known as hypnagogia (that might be spelled wrong). It's a state of mind somewhere between wakefulness and sleep. It's accompanied by an unsettling paralysis. The first time this happened I realized if I stopped trying to fight the paralysis and "let go" it appears as if I can "leave my body. Since this has been occurring I've had many different experiences, some touching, others horrifying. One thing that is common is a presence. I refer to it as "shadow man" or "shadow guy"...whatever. He is ALWAYS present when I have OOB's. My significant other tells me not to trust him and that when I leave my body it's open for him to get in. Somehow I don't buy that. I maybe this is foolish and ignorant, but this body is mine. I've been pikoting thus bone bag for 35yrs. Anyways, the last time I had a hypnogogic episode I noticed that shadow man was standing over my breaking a "rise!" Gesture with his arms. I'm guessing he was encouraging me to leave my body. I'm not certain as to whether this entity is friend or foe. I've made "psychic contact" with one entity that seems to be fairly benign. When I allowed it to enter my consciousness I saw and experienced its POV and emotions as my own. It pulled out a book and started flipping thriugh the pages very fast, all of which had drawings on them. One of which I'm pretty certain had a picture of Krishna. All the drawings were in monotone green. Finally the page stopped on a picture of a person playing either a guitar or a sitar, and when I saw the image I was struck with a deep sense of sadness and longing. I reached out and touched the page and began to cry, and as I did so I heard my voice with all the acoustics of my bedroom even though my eyes told me I wasn't in my room. At this point contact was severed and I returned to my wakeful state in my bed.
Perhaps the most disturbing incident occurred very soon after I began exploring the ability to " leave my body". I entered the hypnogogic state flew out of my body up into the sky, soared through a period of blackness and suddenly woke up in bed. But it wasn't MY bed. I was in a dark room with a bed and a mirror. I got up and looked into the mirror only too see my face, but with a different body (slightly thinner, and longer hair). I turned around to exit the room and as I did so I looked down at my hand, which was grasping a large hubting knife. "Hmm...good to be armed." I thought to myself. I entered the room adjacent and noticed the it was quite larger, but poorly lit, and completely empty save for a bunch of children's toys scattered about the floor. As soon as I saw the toys I felt the sensation of icy cold baby hands clawing at my feet. The sensation was so intense it immediately shot me directly back to my wakeful state. The eerie thing is even after I was returned to my body in the bedroom I could still feel the tiny icy hands clawing at my feet for a good 15-20 seconds. After the sensation stopped I was overcome with and INTENSE wave off sadness, so much that I curled into the fetal position and cried uncontrollably for about 15 minutes.
I'm very new to these experiences but I'm EXTREMELY curious about how to perfect and control where I can go and who or what I can experience. Any advice that you guys can offer me I would be very appreciative to hear!

When I told my significant other of the "book" experience he immediately produced this picture or Saraswati, the Hindu goddess ofknowledge wisdom art music and learning. What was striking is the position she is in in this photo matched what was in my vision to a T, only it was painted entirely in the shade of green

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 5
I know that drug use is most likely frowned upon in this community, but recently I've been incorporating small doses of psilocybin into my "routine". I find that it produces a lot more control, so much that I can actually turn it on like a switch

So I've been taking thesevpills to help me sleep. Clonidine combined with Benadryl. Every night, for about 10yrs now. It's gitten to the point where if I don't take the pills, I don't sleep. Recently though, something interesting has been happening to me. If I don't take the pills and try to sleep, just before I drift off I experience what is scientifically known as hypnagogia (that might be spelled wrong). It's a state of mind somewhere between wakefulness and sleep. It's accompanied by an unsettling paralysis. The first time this happened I realized if I stopped trying to fight the paralysis and "let go" it appears as if I can "leave my body. Since this has been occurring I've had many different experiences, some touching, others horrifying. One thing that is common is a presence. I refer to it as "shadow man" or "shadow guy"...whatever. He is ALWAYS present when I have OOB's. My significant other tells me not to trust him and that when I leave my body it's open for him to get in. Somehow I don't buy that. I maybe this is foolish and ignorant, but this body is mine. I've been pikoting thus bone bag for 35yrs. Anyways, the last time I had a hypnogogic episode I noticed that shadow man was standing over my breaking a "rise!" Gesture with his arms. I'm guessing he was encouraging me to leave my body. I'm not certain as to whether this entity is friend or foe. I've made "psychic contact" with one entity that seems to be fairly benign. When I allowed it to enter my consciousness I saw and experienced its POV and emotions as my own. It pulled out a book and started flipping thriugh the pages very fast, all of which had drawings on them. One of which I'm pretty certain had a picture of Krishna. All the drawings were in monotone green. Finally the page stopped on a picture of a person playing either a guitar or a sitar, and when I saw the image I was struck with a deep sense of sadness and longing. I reached out and touched the page and began to cry, and as I did so I heard my voice with all the acoustics of my bedroom even though my eyes told me I wasn't in my room. At this point contact was severed and I returned to my wakeful state in my bed.
Perhaps the most disturbing incident occurred very soon after I began exploring the ability to " leave my body". I entered the hypnogogic state flew out of my body up into the sky, soared through a period of blackness and suddenly woke up in bed. But it wasn't MY bed. I was in a dark room with a bed and a mirror. I got up and looked into the mirror only too see my face, but with a different body (slightly thinner, and longer hair). I turned around to exit the room and as I did so I looked down at my hand, which was grasping a large hubting knife. "Hmm...good to be armed." I thought to myself. I entered the room adjacent and noticed the it was quite larger, but poorly lit, and completely empty save for a bunch of children's toys scattered about the floor. As soon as I saw the toys I felt the sensation of icy cold baby hands clawing at my feet. The sensation was so intense it immediately shot me directly back to my wakeful state. The eerie thing is even after I was returned to my body in the bedroom I could still feel the tiny icy hands clawing at my feet for a good 15-20 seconds. After the sensation stopped I was overcome with and INTENSE wave off sadness, so much that I curled into the fetal position and cried uncontrollably for about 15 minutes.
I'm very new to these experiences but I'm EXTREMELY curious about how to perfect and control where I can go and who or what I can experience. Any advice that you guys can offer me I would be very appreciative to hear!

Paul, I read your experience being out of the body and I have some hmmmm words of wisdom for you as I do know this world very well. Taking drugs to artificially induce a OBE is not really recommended as they artificially open up the charka centers within you. By dong this you are forcing to open up different levels of consciousness within the astral world which you normally would not experience. For you see the astral plane operates on a different laws of physics than the physical. Matter there is much finer even on the lower levels of this world which respond to thought and feelings greatly. What determines your experience is what state of consciousness both mentally and emotional you are in. Some quote below is taken from Author E. Powell of the book the Astral Body.

((A great portion of the astral body is composed of elemental essence. This essence is alive, though not intelligent. This elemental essence instinctively seeks to descend into matter, with the aim of becoming mineral monad. Its objective in life is therefore to get nearer to the physical plane to experience as many coarser vibrations as possible. It doesn’t know, and in fact cannot know, anything about the man in whose astral body it is living for the time being. It desires to preserve its separate life, and feels that it can only happen by keeping connection to man: it is conscious of the man’s lower mind, and knows that the more mental matter it can entangle with itself the longer will be its astral life.

When the man dies, knowing that his astral body will also die more or less quickly afterwards, the elemental essence rearranges its matter in concentric rings or shells, with the coarsest outside, in order to make the man’s astral body last longer. “The re-arranged astral body is called the Yatana, or suffering body: in the case of a very evil man in whose astral body there is a preponderance of the coarsest matter, it is called the Druvam or strong body.”
Arthur E. Powell

The effect of such re-arrangement is to prevent the free and full circulation of the astral matter, which normally occurs in the astral body. This causes man to be able to only respond to vibrations, which are received by the outermost layer of his astral body. The man therefore gets prisoned in a box of astral matter, being able to hear and see things of the lowest and coarsest plane. This makes him to perceive other people around him as monsters of vice, as he can only perceive their lowest and most negative characteristics. This continues to happen until the outermost shell disintegrates, which enables man to respond to the vibrations of the next higher level of the astral plane. And then rises to the next sub-plane, one after another. His stay in each plane is connected to the amount and activity of the matter in his astral body belonging to that sub-plane.

This process of re-arrangement, which happens to most people, can be prevented by strong will. In fact for people, who know and understand the conditions of the astral plane, should not allow such to happen by the desire-elementals. If this successfully happens, the particles of the astral body remain intermingled, as in life. And as a result, instead of getting limited to perceiving only one sub-plane, man will be free of all the sub-planes based on the constitution of his astral body.))

So having some knowledge of how this dimension operates will help you understand how to navigate it much better. Most human being don't know this until after death in which case they are at first overwhelmed in a world that seems familiar but it is not. So if you can learn to how to travel in this dimension without drugs my friend you will have a much more naturally experiences.

Pleasant travels..

Peace and love always.

P.

Paul, I read your experience being out of the body and I have some hmmmm words of wisdom for you as I do know this world very well. Taking drugs to artificially induce a OBE is not really recommended as they artificially open up the charka centers within you. By dong this you are forcing to open up different levels of consciousness within the astral world which you normally would not experience. For you see the astral plane operates on a different laws of physics than the physical. Matter there is much finer even on the lower levels of this world which respond to thought and feelings greatly. What determines your experience is what state of consciousness both mentally and emotional you are in. Some quote below is taken from Author E. Powell of the book the Astral Body.

((A great portion of the astral body is composed of elemental essence. This essence is alive, though not intelligent. This elemental essence instinctively seeks to descend into matter, with the aim of becoming mineral monad. Its objective in life is therefore to get nearer to the physical plane to experience as many coarser vibrations as possible. It doesn’t know, and in fact cannot know, anything about the man in whose astral body it is living for the time being. It desires to preserve its separate life, and feels that it can only happen by keeping connection to man: it is conscious of the man’s lower mind, and knows that the more mental matter it can entangle with itself the longer will be its astral life.

When the man dies, knowing that his astral body will also die more or less quickly afterwards, the elemental essence rearranges its matter in concentric rings or shells, with the coarsest outside, in order to make the man’s astral body last longer. “The re-arranged astral body is called the Yatana, or suffering body: in the case of a very evil man in whose astral body there is a preponderance of the coarsest matter, it is called the Druvam or strong body.”
Arthur E. Powell

The effect of such re-arrangement is to prevent the free and full circulation of the astral matter, which normally occurs in the astral body. This causes man to be able to only respond to vibrations, which are received by the outermost layer of his astral body. The man therefore gets prisoned in a box of astral matter, being able to hear and see things of the lowest and coarsest plane. This makes him to perceive other people around him as monsters of vice, as he can only perceive their lowest and most negative characteristics. This continues to happen until the outermost shell disintegrates, which enables man to respond to the vibrations of the next higher level of the astral plane. And then rises to the next sub-plane, one after another. His stay in each plane is connected to the amount and activity of the matter in his astral body belonging to that sub-plane.

This process of re-arrangement, which happens to most people, can be prevented by strong will. In fact for people, who know and understand the conditions of the astral plane, should not allow such to happen by the desire-elementals. If this successfully happens, the particles of the astral body remain intermingled, as in life. And as a result, instead of getting limited to perceiving only one sub-plane, man will be free of all the sub-planes based on the constitution of his astral body.))

So having some knowledge of how this dimension operates will help you understand how to navigate it much better. Most human being don't know this until after death in which case they are at first overwhelmed in a world that seems familiar but it is not. So if you can learn to how to travel in this dimension without drugs my friend you will have a much more naturally experiences.

Pleasant travels..

Peace and love always.

P.

Lol. Fascinating how even in the afterlife "drugs are bad, mmmkay?"
Paul,

I don't know if this would be any help or not. But my trigger for a OBE is usually while I am having a lucid dream. Years ago I had an NDE which is how I discovered I had past lives as before the event I never believed in reincarnation as I was raised Baptist. After the NDE I have had on again off again OBE. I suspect the NDE had something to do with this. Anyway I learned that I could have the experience of a conscious OBE while having a lucid dream. Once I realized I was dreaming I would then tell myself to awake up. Afterward the experience would turn into a conscious OBE.

A few years after the NDE I discovered a path called Eckankar. It teaches the ancient art of soul travel which is far different then astral travel or projection. In astral projection one is only limited to the physical and astral plane only as one is splitting off and projecting the astral body. However in soul travel the experience is very different. In soul travel one learns to shift one's consciousness into the soul body/causal body and then shift the consciousness to what ever dimension one wish's to be in. There by picking up what ever inner subtle body ones need to operate on in that dimension. This is by far a more natural method for one to explore the inner higher worlds or dimensions of our universe.

Because as soul we all have a physical, astral, and mental in each incarnation. The only differences is that in each lifetime we receive a new physical, astral and mental body which has no memory of these PL. It is only in the causal or soul body which has memory of all of them because it is within the soul body that is the real eternal you, soul. Of course this is not learned over night. For many it takes years to master and or learn. But if nothing else one learns that death is an illusion of the mind and is simply a shifting of consciousness from this reality to the next.

Sorry for my babbling on.....

I hope you find a method that works for you.....

Peace and love.

P.

hey paul, these are really cool experiences.yesterday morning i had the chance to go out of body. the fact that you can create the state more readily which allows for your experience is awesome. i was told by a practitioner to actually quit coffee and to try and wake up between 2-4AM and then go back to sleep. i think he said it had something to do with increased levels of melatonin- as for actually creating the state, i am only sometimes successful and have yet to take his advice. it's as you've said, a level of awareness- the body shuts down into rest mode while the mind remains alert. the man said he likes to drink wine and thats helped him too but that he doesn't necessarily advise it. i'm saying this because i think about the body processing the sugar form the alcohol, causing one sensitive enough to wake up in the middle of the night- when you try to force your body back to sleep perhaps your mind is still alert and in a bit of discomfort from the processing of the toxins in your body. anyways. i did drink two nights ago and woke up at 2AM. i couldn't fall back asleep until around 6AM which is when the experience occurred.

unfortunately i lacked the mental strength to take the experience where i've wanted. but what i can say is that concentration, control of the will allows a sense of freedom in this realm. first it started with an older woman in a white robe and she had very intense blue-green eyes. i can't remember what we were talking about, only that we were discussing whose turn it was to do something and i specifically remember her saying it was her turn because she'd die before me. when i woke up i had a feeling this woman was someone from this planet. after that i got another attempt to project. here's why i mention concentration... when i was a child to move about in this realm i would start with lucid dreaming and start swimming through the air as my version of flying. when i started to do this swimming motion just recently i reminded myself i didn't have to do that. instantly i started levitating at a high speed up to the sky- everything below me looked like squares from a satellites view. the feeling was different- this is where i started losing concentration, strength and fell back into a dream.

is this book of yours the first OBE to touch you as you've described? i think it might have been a sort of initiation. i've had similar. 3 dreams that have lead me down this path. in it one man advised that we could go anywhere, travel to any place if one just concentrated enough. he had me turn objects into different ones. for whatever reason i didn't think of it as a matter of control then and i had an almost unregulated access to use whatever force allowed me the experience. i say that because by the end of these "dreams" a giant hand of sorts would pull me out of my experience and slam me down. almost like, 'easy kid.' or 'you shouldn't be here' like i had gone to far. well... i am mentioning this because your witnessing through the eyes of others was something else i can attest to. in these initiation dreams and later in life i'd learn how to view through the eyes of others- a sharing of consciousness. i'd traveled from one eyes to another witnessing different lives. i've woken up in my cousins room once and remember the snacks on the table and a woman coming to talk to him. thats what i think you were doing with the baby hand/touch you felt.

interestingly enough, though i don't control it, i can relate to some of your experiences. they are unique and i hope you share more. seems you have a methodology that allows a higher success rate. my only advice is to develop the will power/concentration. take time to practice meditation. when you experience this state to remind yourself as you would in a lucid dream that you have the ability to levitate, go through walls, to communicate with other beings. many times i've stumbled around this realm in wonder like a drunkard, even called an idiot by whatever force was watching me learn this new territory. lol. it's so cool and i am happy we can relate. ps your sitar/hindu experience also reminds me of my sufi teacher. my other advice is to seek god above all else and not become so absorbed by these realities. i am not saying that to belittle anything. just that, i've been sidetracked by seeing aura's and going down this territory which was meant to keep me open to possibilities, maybe even provide comfort to me with my fear of death... but it's important to use these experiences to discover and pursue your ideal. a way to come in touch with your intuition which is a way to know god.

best of luck!! welcome to the forums! =)

Last edited:
hey paul, these are really cool experiences.yesterday morning i had the chance to go out of body. the fact that you can create the state more readily which allows for your experience is awesome. i was told by a practitioner to actually quit coffee and to try and wake up between 2-4AM and then go back to sleep. i think he said it had something to do with increased levels of melatonin- as for actually creating the state, i am only sometimes successful and have yet to take his advice. it's as you've said, a level of awareness- the body shuts down into rest mode while the mind remains alert. the man said he likes to drink wine and thats helped him too but that he doesn't necessarily advise it. i'm saying this because i think about the body processing the sugar form the alcohol, causing one sensitive enough to wake up in the middle of the night- when you try to force your body back to sleep perhaps your mind is still alert and in a bit of discomfort from the processing of the toxins in your body. anyways. i did drink two nights ago and woke up at 2AM. i couldn't fall back asleep until around 6AM which is when the experience occurred.

unfortunately i lacked the mental strength to take the experience where i've wanted. but what i can say is that concentration, control of the will allows a sense of freedom in this realm. first it started with an older woman in a white robe and she had very intense blue-green eyes. i can't remember what we were talking about, only that we were discussing whose turn it was to do something and i specifically remember her saying it was her turn because she'd die before me. when i woke up i had a feeling this woman was someone from this planet. after that i got another attempt to project. here's why i mention concentration... when i was a child to move about in this realm i would start with lucid dreaming and start swimming through the air as my version of flying. when i started to do this swimming motion just recently i reminded myself i didn't have to do that. instantly i started levitating at a high speed up to the sky- everything below me looked like squares from a satellites view. the feeling was different- this is where i started losing concentration, strength and fell back into a dream.

is this book of yours the first OBE to touch you as you've described? i think it might have been a sort of initiation. i've had similar. 3 dreams that have lead me down this path. in it one man advised that we could go anywhere, travel to any place if one just concentrated enough. he had me turn objects into different ones. for whatever reason i didn't think of it as a matter of control then and i had an almost unregulated access to use whatever force allowed me the experience. i say that because by the end of these "dreams" a giant hand of sorts would pull me out of my experience and slam me down. almost like, 'easy kid.' or 'you shouldn't be here' like i had gone to far. well... i am mentioning this because your witnessing through the eyes of others was something else i can attest to. in these initiation dreams and later in life i'd learn how to view through the eyes of others- a sharing of consciousness. i'd traveled from one eyes to another witnessing different lives. i've woken up in my cousins room once and remember the snacks on the table and a woman coming to talk to him. thats what i think you were doing with the baby hand/touch you felt.

interestingly enough, though i don't control it, i can relate to some of your experiences. they are unique and i hope you share more. seems you have a methodology that allows a higher success rate. my only advice is to develop the will power/concentration. take time to practice meditation. when you experience this state to remind yourself as you would in a lucid dream that you have the ability to levitate, go through walls, to communicate with other beings. many times i've stumbled around this realm in wonder like a drunkard, even called an idiot by whatever force was watching me learn this new territory. lol. it's so cool and i am happy we can relate. ps your sitar/hindu experience also reminds me of my sufi teacher. my other advice is to seek god above all else and not become so absorbed by these realities. i am not saying that to belittle anything. just that, i've been sidetracked by seeing aura's and going down this territory which was meant to keep me open to possibilities, maybe even provide comfort to me with my fear of death... but it's important to use these experiences to discover and pursue your ideal. a way to come in touch with your intuition which is a way to know god.

Cloud, What a wonderful experience and that you remembered it. We all are very active at night on the higher dimension while the body sleeps. You are correct in that in order to remember these experiences the body need to be relax and in sleep mode while the mind is awake. This allows for a shift in consciousness inward into one of the subtle bodies (usually the astral) so that we can explore, work off karma, continue with relationships of loved ones that have left the physical, learn and grow in the higher dimensions while still incarnated. This process is a natural function of the soul as we need time away from the heavy dense physical body while it rests and rejuvenates. However in general we are not aware of the process most of the time. The moody blues were aware of this as they were very ahead of their time. And listening to them reminds me as a young man searching for the meaning of life and existences itself shortly after I had my NDE those many years ago. Just always remember that all these experiences are leading us back to the source of all that is in the cosmos or what man terms as god. As all life in the cosmos comes from divine love. Pleasant travels to you and Paul both....

Love and peace always

P.

Thank you for the response! No my first experience was the rather unpleasant one with the icy baby hands clawing my feet. ....actually... Wait no! My first experience (where I knew I was leaving my body) was a bit before that. I was stuck in paralysis mode, and there was some type of "entity" I could feel was trying to "get in" me...i was fighting very hard to keep it out. It appeared as a black circle or orb wafting around my room over my bed. But I realized once I stopped fighting to get out of paralysis I could lift my arms. At first I had my eyes closed. I could feel my arm lifting up off the bed. But when I opened my eyes it was plain to see I was still lying flat face up. Closing my eyes once more (still really FEELING my arm raised off the bed) I saw my arm...but not skin tones, it was like a kaleidoscope of rainbow colors. I raised both arms and put up my dukes like im ready to fight. Seeming to kind of phase through the wall came this black orb and I nailed it like two solid good punches (left jab, right hook). It floated around another minute or two like an angry hornet, but seemed to realize it found a way to defend myself, and it kind of swirled through the wall and left...i should also mention that these hypnogogic episodes seem to ALWAYS happen at my bf's house. I can't think of a time that I've slept there that there wasn't some sort of incident...to a point where we made it a rule that we don't sleep together...which kinda sucks but what can you do? One time I was having an episode in his bed, I was being attacked by something and when I finally snapped out of it I slapped him because I was I fight mode and thought he was my assailant.

Thank you for the response! No my first experience was the rather unpleasant one with the icy baby hands clawing my feet. ....actually... Wait no! My first experience (where I knew I was leaving my body) was a bit before that. I was stuck in paralysis mode, and there was some type of "entity" I could feel was trying to "get in" me...i was fighting very hard to keep it out. It appeared as a black circle or orb wafting around my room over my bed. But I realized once I stopped fighting to get out of paralysis I could lift my arms. At first I had my eyes closed. I could feel my arm lifting up off the bed. But when I opened my eyes it was plain to see I was still lying flat face up. Closing my eyes once more (still really FEELING my arm raised off the bed) I saw my arm...but not skin tones, it was like a kaleidoscope of rainbow colors. I raised both arms and put up my dukes like im ready to fight. Seeming to kind of phase through the wall came this black orb and I nailed it like two solid good punches (left jab, right hook). It floated around another minute or two like an angry hornet, but seemed to realize it found a way to defend myself, and it kind of swirled through the wall and left...i should also mention that these hypnogogic episodes seem to ALWAYS happen at my bf's house. I can't think of a time that I've slept there that there wasn't some sort of incident...to a point where we made it a rule that we don't sleep together...which kinda sucks but what can you do? One time I was having an episode in his bed, I was being attacked by something and when I finally snapped out of it I slapped him because I was I fight mode and thought he was my assailant.
p.s. also now whenever I try to do the rainbow arm boxer routine, my hands are bogged down and slow...like in a dream where your trying to hit something and it lands but it just doesn't do anything...like trying to punch underwater

Paul my friend,

Another way to avoid having to deal with souls on the lower astral is to raise your vibration so that you completely fade out of the sub plane they are on and instead travel to a new one which has a more higher vibration . This is how you travel to different levels within the astral dimensions because remember the power of both thought and feeling are now how you create your reality there. If you are having trouble with this ask for help either with your spiritual guide, teacher or even astral helpers or angles. And yes there are angles that do help souls that don't belong on these lower levels of the astral world. If you are truly sincere with your request for help and protection they will respond. There are a vast majority of them on the lower levels helping souls that have had problems crossing over properly due to fear, attachment, sudden sock of being killed and a host of other reasons.

I once had the privilege's of watching this once while consciously out of the body. I was with a group of souls who where learning to become astral helpers. We were for lack of a better word in a place of utter darkness. The emotional atmosphere there was devoid of all love, light, and kindness of any kind. I remember it being very cold and I felt empty being there so I was glad to be with my group. We heard a voice out in the distance which sounded like a women in distress sobbing endlessly. As we drew closer to the women we all could senses lower astral beings that were surrounding her not of a human origin. The best word I could describe these beings where lower level demons feeding off her low emotional state. In life she was a prostitute. She apparently died somehow due to a drug deal gone wrong. I'm not sure if she was shot or if she committed suicide. Anyway she was crying out for help as she knew she was dead but did not know where she was as was terrified. Her astral form had a grayish tone to it as it did not look healthy at all. Someone in the group noticed a orb of light from above. As it descended downward towards the young women the light took the form of an angel. The light from this being was so bright that when it approach the women all the darkness that surround us went away and the demons that where there fled from the scene. This majestic being must have been at least 7 feet tall. It took the young women into their arms like you would a young child and lifted her upwards and out of the darkness. As this being left the darkness returned. So the group I was with left the scene and we all shifted our vibration to another sub dimension which was more like the earth world. I was so moved by that experiences that I have never forgotten it. I remember writing it in my dream journey when I returned to the body. So yes these things do happen in the other dimensions. As there are countless dimensions of reality in our universe. We only need to become aware of them.

Happy travels to you....

Always....

P.

thank you polaris for your reply. i really like the song you sent me too.

i'm fascinated by the lyrics, 'thinking is the best way to travel.' to see our physical reality orchestrate in a way that matter validates our thoughts by synchronicity makes me wonder the power of concentration, thought-travel and broadcasting intention. i don't know the forces behind manipulating the matrix but i believe with will and faith it's possible as well as interdimensional travel or communicating with alien life.

seems my ability to recall is stronger during full moon phases. earlier this morning i had a very short and beautiful projection. i quickly rose out from my body, out of the bedroom and zeroed in on one of the dalmatians across the hall. he was sitting up in his astral form, his appearance seemed younger and he was so happy to see me! i was overcome with joy- we both were! we happily raced down the stairs. i came back upstairs to my room and started dropping "light bombs" all over the place before losing awareness and falling back asleep.

today i had a dentist appointment, maybe god granted me this OBE to allow me to recall the joy i felt earlier and distract my anxious mind which had been so focused on the tooth drill:p

Hi guys! I hope everyone here is doing well. I wanted to share my two most recent "OBE's." I've since joined an astral projection community and by interacting with the members there have negated a lot of the fear I used to have in exploring this space. I have also felt more at peace in speaking about my experiences free from concern of any one persons judgement or disbelief. A term that this community uses to describe OBE's is "NP" non-physical experience. I am rather fond of this, as it helped me discover something about the minds eye.

Sometime last week my meditation group set the intention of communicating with a spiritual guide named Monjoronson- asking how we might be of better service to Love. From my involvement with the astral community, I have took a more relaxed approach to meditation. Here I positioned myself in a recliner in a dim lit room and practiced in a non-traditional sense. My body approached a very slow and deep state and images of pulsing faint and dark blue light appeared in the distance on the black screen that is my minds eye. It made me think and feel as if I was in a mountainous region and the blue light was a crystal since one of our members heavily associates herself with crystals. That was it for my meditation, I had to pull myself back into a wakeful state and be involved in the immediate reality. I figured someone else in the group would have established connection but that I'd still have an opportunity to meet this being in my dreams.

Later that night, an opportunity to project occurred. The sensations came on quickly and the transition in awareness went from physical to mental. The body was in rest mode and the mind was still active. A very large blue figure appeared in my minds eye and I immediately thought- "Monjoronson." I reached out to grab his hand and use him to pull my "self" out from my physical body. You see, I have always envisioned this energetic self as something to rise out from the physical. It was here where I hit a wall. I couldn't fully leave my body or get past this invisible but firm wall. Monjoronson disappeared and I could hear my Mother walking up to my bedroom door. She knocked on it, but I was still experiencing sleep paralysis- not just that, I was still entranced by this invisible wall and my energetic body. She started to say something... "You need to get up and..." Do something. I don't remember. I tried to reply, but in this state it is very difficult to talk. I remember trying to force out, "no. no thank you." And when I was successful in doing so, it was as if my attention had shift- everything I had just witnessed was in fact a mental simulation. The scene began to fade and was replaced by a static and fading green light. It felt like Monjoronson was there to say, without words, here is a way to experience this field. You have been creating an extra effort, and have been getting stuck. You don't need to imagine your body, leaving your body. This in-between state is the desired state you'd been trying to achieve. Your thinking is needing adjusting to better understand this realm.

That's what I got. Because my Mother felt so real, and while my projection felt real- the scene with my Mom walking up to the door was as if I had no control but instead was a witness to the reality playing out before me. That whole day my mind had been lead to fantastic idea's. I came back to this forum to read up on, "Is consciousness produced outside the brain." and felt, with a type of certainty- Yes! I felt the subconcious or even the "mind" extends beyond the immediate incarnation/identification. What a trip it was to feel such a expanded awareness in the moment- to reach beyond the immediate self. I know, many have experienced similar. I too thought I have experienced this before in other unique and beautiful ways. It would appear the lessons are not always linear, and some need revisiting. How often do I become absorbed in this idea of my current personality? All too often. The lessons extend too, about the minds eye and the way one explores this realm.

Well this morning I again found another chance for an OBE or, NPE. The community I am currently engaged with ask me to set an intention. Having a connection towards Sufism I asked if I could connect with my Sufi teacher. There was a hesitancy though as I questioned, am I really ready? What if he isn't my teacher? I feel these are all silly ruminations now... As I slipped from physical awareness to mental imagery, my intended desire began to fade as scenes began to play out on their own. I brought my awareness back to the physical self and re-centered my intention. This time, as I began to slip back to the NP or in-between state I heard someone whisper my name... "Eric, remember to..." I don't remember what was said. Only that I did remember in the moment that I did not need to create the idea of a physical body and that I was indeed in the desired state. And like that a giant mosaic appeared in my minds eye. I hadn't a clue why, or even what it might mean. I went to inspect the mosaic, and my entire "viewing field" moved with me- "floated" with me towards the art that seemed to be suspended in air. It was quite a sensation, from going to a fixed position to a moving projection. And yet, I still found myself creating the energetic limbs before me and becoming all to occupied with those. I started to see my hands behind my closed eyes, only this time they appeared as shadows and even darker outlines around my fingers or arms to give shape and form. The mosaic was still present, in the background, as I wiggled my fingers in front of me. It was here where I lost consciousness and slipped into a few dreams about friends and family.

I am going to try and communicate with these voices and explore further. That's it for now! On a side note, I don't feel much inclination to discover any PL's. I think the exploration of consciousness will certainly grant that reality, and yet I am more preoccupied with just being in this realm than receiving any kind of answers about my self.

Hmm. :D
~CP

Back