attached sprits and ghosts to objects

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by shadowsofmypast, Apr 1, 2013.

1. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

I am writing this post because of rash ghost sightings in our house of late. My famliy has always been into antiques.
    And some times a sprit or ghost becomes or is attached to object.

We have alot antiques purchased from various places over the years. If you find something at estate sale or antique
    and feels weird don't buy it. I have feeling the rescent activity is because of antique photo album from 1990's my mother purchased over year ago.
    it has a whole family in there. I think it's time to get rid of it.

2. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

Perhaps a better idea would be to try to find the original family and return it.

3. spacecase0

spacecase0 Senior Registered

I shopped at IKEA for years to make sure not to get anything with past energy on it.

get rid of what is causing the issues.

4. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I would return it to the universe for recycling. I do that with everything I don't want. Donate it to the Goodwill, or Salvation Army. If not, you could give, or sell it to an antique mall. I wouldn't destroy it. Maybe the "universe" will put it into the right hands, as Mama suggested.

5. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

My brother once bought an antique canopy bed at an auction for my niece. It was beautiful and came with the former owner's spirit attached. How many other beds tell bedtime stories? ;)

BriarRose has a great idea. Recycling is great. There are also freecycle groups on yahoo you could join. You post something free and the members contact you and come pick it up. I have seen some post they have something free at the curbside first come first served. It seems to work really well.

6. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

It depends on the object too. I have 5 pieces of light purple depression era glass bowls and no trouble with them. Also I just bought a small, footed white bowl with rose pattern on the inside because it appealed to me. No trouble there. Bowls may be less inclined to collect past energy due to what they are usually used for.

On the other hand, I was once at an estate auction and there was one painting of an older woman that just gave me the creeps. I didn't bid on it, for that reason. I just might have saved myself some trouble there.

7. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

If you find yourself in possession of what is essentially a possessed object, wouldn't the more merciful thing to do be to try to release the spirit from its bondage to a material object? Help the spirit move on?

8. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

I would think so, Shiftkitty. There is a Tv show called Haunted Collector on SyFy that is based on haunted objects. Sometimes they try to release the spirit, sometimes its just containment.

9. BriarRose

I think it would definitely be more merciful to release the spirit, if you have the ability to do so. This thread touches on one of my personal fears, which is ending up as an unhappy spirit that refuses to move on. (echo of my past, perhaps?) However, I would at least try to attach to a nice building, not a fruit bowl! Think what kind of spirit would attach itself to an old pair of shoes, or a kitchen utensil. typing Speaking of shoes, they are the objects in antique stores that bother me the most. I encountered a pair of men's shoes once that seemed to have the owner in them!

10. Shiftkitty

I agree with you on the shoes! I saw a pair of old high-button shoes in an antique store and the impressions of the owner's feet were still in them. (You know how shoes get!) I was looking at one just out of curiosity and for some reason it started to feel kind of creepy!

But speaking of creepy, yesterday I saw a picture online of a pair of antique funerary shoes. They were for the corpse, of course, but the box they were in advertised them as "stylish and practical". Well, I guess if you're gong to walk on the streets of Heaven you should be dressed stylishly but practical!

Cryscat- I've have so wanted to see that show but I always forget about it! Thanks for reminding me! *rushes over to DVR*

11. BriarRose

It's funny you mention "funerary" shoes, Shiftkitty. Many years ago, in Arkansas where my family lived, a peddler went door to door, selling nice looking shoes. Many of the local folk bought several pairs because the price was right, including my grand-pa. Well, as soon as a living person put them on, the glue melted from body heat, and the shoes fell apart. They were funeral shoes, meant for the "Walking Dead". By that time, the peddler was long gone. typing

12. Shiftkitty

OMG! typing So much for the "good old days when everyone was honest", eh? Here's a pair, just for the ghoulish!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

13. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I used to work at Dress Barn and often had calls about clothing for funerals. Best thing was size didn't matter .. they just cut them up the back anyway. ;)

14. BriarRose

You can see how the glue would dissolve in those pink pumps, Shiftkitty! Just the color alone makes them look ghoulish. Maybe that's why they didn't sell? : angel

15. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Just a thought, so MANY funeral details are for the Living, while the departed is beyond care, once in "Spirit", all of these details just melt away in the warmth of the "Light" :)

16. BriarRose

That is very apt, hydrolad. I think it helps dissolve our fear to have a little fun with the subject of death! lol I wonder what the current trend for simplicity in funeral arrangements says about the human spirit?

17. Shiftkitty

Something I had heard was that the old tradition of funerals at home came to an end thanks to lobbying by professional funeral homes. However, the parlor was still associated with being the room where the corpse was laid out for viewing. People selling homes began to call the parlor the "living" room to shake the image.

18. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Interesting bit of trivia, Shiftkitty. My grandparents used to use the term 'parlor' when I was a kid. I just translated it into 'living' room myself. Just thought it was an old term.

19. BriarRose

This is so off topic, but we are all friends here. I wonder why we still have the term "ice cream parlor"? If I had a parlor, I don't think I would want anyone eating "Rocky Road" in it! I would definitely "haunt" anyone who got ice cream on my beautiful horse-hair settee! Otherwise, Shiftkitty's explanation of the term falling into disuse sounds just right. I hope you are still there after all our "nonsense" shadow. Has your mother reached a decision on the photo album?

20. firebird

firebird Registered User

I've had to help spirits move on into the light. I think spirits attaching to goods, a home, or other people probably occurs more than many realise or know. You may not need to get rid of the object. A simple sage clearing may help.

21. spacecase0

spacecase0 Senior Registered

I only helped one spirit move on from an object,

it was a co worker that likely had died from a high voltage power supply,

they listed it as a heart attack, and that is what happens when you touch the wrong terminal...

I worked on the power supplies for 6 months and managed not to die, I was very careful, anyway, I managed to get him to move on,

it was very sad, but his spirit was not around the next day after I tried to help him move on, and not there for at least 6 months more till the company moved, past that I never checked.

and some objects I have had in the past people say my energy is all over them,

but they say it is good energy,

I have found things others have had long ago, sometimes has wonderful energy in it,

so not all object energy is bad

22. Shiftkitty

That's so sad about your co-worker. I was electrocuted once, low voltage but plenty painful, and that's plenty for me! It can be odd dealing with a definite spirit that needs to move on, but when it's someone you know...

23. BriarRose

I don't always think of them as "stuck" . If it's a friend or a relative, it just feels like a "visit". How do you distinguish between the two? For me, I think if the attachment is to an object, it probably means "stuck". Any thoughts on this?

24. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

One of my late grandmothers likes to stop in and visit on occasion. Her energy is here for a short time, then gone. I think someone who is "stuck," the energy would be there all the time, but waxes and wanes in strength.

25. BriarRose

That's a comfort, and a good explanation, Chryscat. I like having my loved ones "pop in" for a visit. Somehow, their energy doesn't feel "stuck".

26. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Shadows, would you like to tell us why you think the photo album is haunted? What's been going on?

There could be another explanation for this. It's not that I don't believe in ghosts (I do - I've seen my share) but maybe there's something else going on here?

27. Midnight.Sapphires

Midnight.Sapphires Senior Registered

When I was little, an elderly aunt had a very large antique baby doll from Japan. It had a beautiful kimono, real hair, glass eyes. I used to stare at it, wanting one so badly. Many years later, I found one in an antique shop and bought it. It was only after owning it for about a year that I began feeling a bit uneasy with the doll. I called a minister and he came over to do a blessing on it but I still felt very uneasy with having that doll in my home. I decided I needed to get rid of it but since it cost me a lot of money I didn't want to bin it or give it to a charity shop. I remembered how mean and nasty that elderly aunt (the one with the old doll) had been to me when I was a child. I thought maybe the doll was better off being with her anyway. So, I boxed up the doll and sent it to her but for personal reasons, I didn't want her to know I sent it. So I used the address for the local Japanese Consulate as a return address on the box.

28. BriarRose

That was a very clever solution, Midnight.Sapphires, and I must say that I admire your ingenuity. If the doll had a "bad energy", it probably belonged with a person who had that kind of "vibe", too. I'll bet that your aunt was puzzled by receiving a gift from the Japanese embassy!

29. Midnight.Sapphires

Midnight.Sapphires Senior Registered

BriarRose...

Thank you. I've bought quite a few of these types of dolls since that first one and have never had any problems. It was only this one particular doll so I guess maybe the it was meant to be with my aunt. They did have very similar vibes, afterall. ;)

I did visit her shortly before she passed away (not my decision but my mother's) and I saw the doll in her house in a glass case, apparently she must have loved and treasured it. While I was there, she never once mentioned about the mystery of how she acquired this doll and I didn't bother asking.

LOL! I think she must have been puzzled when she received the doll and I imagine she must have phoned the Consulate, who obviously had no idea what she was talking about. I guess I'll never know.

30. BriarRose

Maybe you'll see her on the "other side", and she already knows the doll was from you. Let's hope she is a kinder person there. :rolleyes: I have heard of other people having problems with dolls. My daughter claimed that when she was five, and I turned out the light in her room at bedtime, her Barbie dolls led full lives in her room at night. They moved around their shelf, took tea, went for rides with Ken in the Barbie car, etc. She is long grown up, and still says that was true. It might be a good thing that Mattel doesn't make them "anatomically correct"! typing