Back And Feeling Stuck

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by GalaxyDreamer90, Mar 6, 2020.

1. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

Sorry I haven't been here for a really long time but I feel I really need to come back. Lately with everything that's been going on in the world these days I've been feeling more and more stuck and wishing more that I live in some utopia future. I'm not a political person but I'm depressed with the way the election in my country is going (It's election year here in my country). It really seems now that it's going to be Biden against Trump and though I don't like Trump I don't like Biden either. If I could now that I finally got a job and got a little money saved up I would move to another country, but I can't because of the carona virus, and besides I probably don't have enough money to move to another country anyway. Besides if I could I would live in space far away from everyone. But sadly I can't go live in space or even another country and I blame it all on people being stupid. People in this era are so stupid that they can't come up with cures for diseases or make it so people can live in space. It's times like this I long for my future life time in the distant future. I just can't deal with this era anymore. What can I do?

2. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

you have to disconnect from the noise and spend more time finding self acceptance, creating peace within.

self peace for world peace.

3. GalaxyDreamer90

How do I do that. I try to isolate myself in my room as much as possible. Seems its the only place I can find some comfort in this world. I also try to remind myself that I have a purpose in this lifetime to be a leader. Though I do want to eventually be a leader I feel as though I'm meant to be either a political or spiritual leader or both and I'm kind of reluctant. I dont want to be a political leader because I see how bad politicians are and I dont want to be a spiritual leader because I dont want to push my spiritual beliefs on anyone. Maybe it's time I stop being so reluctant and be the leader I'm meant to be.

4. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Hate to break it to you but this world is in decline and I to wanted to leave with New Zealand in mind then things had to sour over the past year before there was even a chance. As for the human experience in general all I want is to get out and go somewhere else that favors quality of life with actual freedom rather than the lies and systems of control we are forced to live with here.

Ophelia3 likes this.
  5. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

i can only offer my humble opinion, what you do with it is your business. slow down and learn tolerance. isolating yourself from the world does not necessarily mean you'll find peace. by disconnect I simply meant not to get so caught up with social media(news for example) or spend so much time on the phone. contemplate the word tolerance, what it's like with/without it and how you might view your fellow man/self. think on your ideals and how you might pursue them. try breathing exercises and getting out of your head every once in a while. how you carry yourself will be more impacting than what words you have to offer anyone.

good luck to you, I feel stuck sometimes too. in those moments I pray and expand on the heart qualities... there's something deeper calling you and I believe it's the living/guiding spirit.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    SeaAndSky and Ophelia3 like this.
  6. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

As a born and bred New Zealander (now expat) NZ is not all the land of fairytales. It is VERY expensive in the cost of living, which was one of the reasons why I moved away. Income is also about half of an Australian wage, so really it’s not worth it. Only move to NZ if you really, quite literally have a lot of money to spend on food, and housing each WEEK.

GalaxyDreamer, moving to another country won’t solve your problems and I speak from experience. That is unless you don’t dwell on being a loner in a new country. Your relocation may soothe the hurt for a few months, but then reality will come and you will wonder why you acted so hastily.

Also some countries are very hard for expats from other countries. I’ve been in Australia 12 years and as a NZ’er living here, I don’t get the same rights as Australians, yet if an Australian was to move to NZ, they would get treated like a NZ citizen and have the same rights. Coronavirus has nothing to do with it not being able to live somewhere else.

Disassociation is the WORST thing you can do. I speak from experience too, being that Disassociation is one of the main symptoms of PTSD. What you need to do, is take time to realise that ALL forms of media are propaganda tools to scare monger the public into making ridiculous decisions (like stockpiling toilet paper :confused:) I often say to my guides that I feel like I’m living in Third Reich Germany again and I forget how powerful the media propaganda can be.

Being a Spiritual leader takes courage. It took me 6 years to have the courage to share my own WWII memories on a past life forum, because I was scared. Now, I am still scared but I realise that my healing and memories could help someone else that was where I was. To be a leader you have to be fearless. You have to have courage too. I take a lot of things from both my WWII lifetime and my twin soul’s German WWII lifetime too, when I feel afraid of the current world. I think “If we survived then, I can survive now”. That’s how you need to look at it. Take a look at a lifetime where you showed great courage in the face of fear and say to yourself “I did then, and I can do it now”.

Eva x

7. GalaxyDreamer90

I can't think of a lifetime past or future in which I had a lot of courage. However in this lifetime I'm very creative. But I hear that even stupid people can be creative so I'm not entirely sure it's a good trait to have.

8. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

9. GalaxyDreamer90

Interesting maybe I should try astral projection and meditation maybe that will help.

10. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi,

you can't save the world but you can contribute to it in small ways, and if many do small it becomes big...that is the way I see it, though...for me it is fulfilling to help people, in my case to have an occupation where I contribute to helping people, am one in the line, and giving things and money to charities I care for, especially children in other countries that need things we take for granted. We built our society together, a little smile on the bus and let someone else sit except myself looking down at my cellphone; small, small things we don't think may matter, but in the end of the day it does. If you feel you are meant to be a leader what is then stopping you ? If you can, then you have to grab what you want, fight for it, make your dream come true. If and when you feel you are on your right path you may feel more fulfilled.

/Jaimie

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  11. GalaxyDreamer90

I never really thought about it like that but I do like to help others. I also believe we get to choose our lifetimes. Not entirely sure why I chose to be here. Maybe to be the leader I'm meant to be and to help others. I still seem to be reluctant to be a leader. It isn't that I dont want to be a leader or am unsure how to be one. I guess part of it could be I kind of lack self confidence and am still a little unsure I can be a good leader though I took a test and it said I have potential to be a good leader confirming my feeling that I am indeed meant to be a leader.

Jaimie likes this.
  12. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, I don't think the bad guys/the bad leaders let their (twisted) self esteem get in their way, so there is no need to let your lack of self confidence get in yours. The world need good leaders :)
    /Jaimie

Ophelia3 likes this.
  13. GalaxyDreamer90

Thanks. I feel I still have a lot to learn when it comes to leadership, but even the greatest leaders out there are still learning.

Jaimie likes this.
  14. Eva1942

Oh don’t be so hard on yourself :) . I’m sure you have had a lifetime where you displayed great courage and fearlessness. It may not be a lifetime consciously known to you just yet but everyone has had one at least once.

People who are creative, clever, bubbly, bright and bold (from my own experiences), love the arts and music. My guide once told me: “The Arts and Music are particularly important for creative clever souls. Without art, there is no music, and without music, there is no art. Music is the core for the artistic and creative souls among us, and is an art form in itself”.

Eva x

15. Ophelia3

Ophelia3 Senior Registered

Leadership and courage comes in many facets and forms. Like Eva said, simply posting about her past life on a forum scared her, but she did it anyway, that demonstrated courage and leadership. Unknown to you, you exhibit courage and leadership everyday, it may not be the fanciful leadership and courage you see in movies and read in books, but it’s present.

What you’ve posted really hits close to home for me because this is a frequent challenge of mine. I often get consumed and depressed by the failings of modern society and politics. I also become withdrawn, easily angered by humanity. I become anxiety riddled. Even travelling to my local capital gave me anxiety, but once I did it, I always get a reality check, it’s rarely ever as bad as you think it is. Live your life, and continue living your life.

I agree with everyone whose commented on this post, continue doing the little things that matter, they all equate and influence the larger picture. Don’t put this absolute expectation on yourself to be courageous and a mammoth leader, recognise that you are courageous and you are a leader, and continue making the world a better place!

Ophelia Xx

Jaimie, tanker and Eva1942 like this.
  16. GalaxyDreamer90

Thanks. I never thought of myself as much of a leader or courageous already. I use to do a lot of volunteering in the past, but not so much these days since I got a job now. I never thought much of it though. Sure I'm helping to make the world a better place, but I feel like there is still so much I could do for this world. Perhaps it would help to get into a career where I am helping people as a profession. I've thought about maybe being a teacher even though that would mean going back to college to get more education. My job will help pay for me to go back to college if I ever want to so it is something I can think about.

17. Eva1942

Yeah, it’s not every day you find out you are the twin soul of Heydrich. Really opened my eyes and I lived in a lot of denial and fear about how people would react to my memories. But I loved the fear and did it anyway! I just had to find that Jewish courage that I always had! :)

My guides always say to me: “Eva, you want to change the world all on your own, but you can’t. But what you can do is be a smaller piece of a larger crowd TO change the world. All you need to do is help sow the seeds of tommorrow, for this will be much more rewarding for you in the long term.”

In the long run I have decided to stop trying to change the world in my own, and just play my own small role. As the saying goes: “Find what excites your soul and follow it.” What excites my soul and brings me peace is helping to create a better Holocaust Education for everyone and also the ability to maintain and keep these historical sites for just that — education.

If you feel that there is something you can do in this world, ask your soul. It is always right and knows what to do.

Eva x

Ophelia3 likes this.
  18. GalaxyDreamer90

Thanks. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do in life, I thought I wanted to be a comic book artist and even studied art in college, but now I'm starting to realize that art is really just a hobby of mine. Maybe I could go back to college and become a teacher, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm good with kids though and have several nieces and nephews. I'll have to reflect on this some. The job that I have now is a start and it's okay, but I do eventually want to find a better job.

19. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Dear GalxyDeramer90, Take heart my friend. There are things in life you just can't control. One must learn to live their life each day at a time, be grateful for the things in life you do have, health, friends, family, food, a roof over your head ect.. because when one see how others live on this planet one must say to ones self before the grace of god go I. As far as the country goes I don't like trump either as he is a young soul and is still dealing with power and the lower ego. So he has much to learn still and no doubt will have many more lifetimes ahead of him to grow and evolve.

Remember as soul we where all once in this stage of development at some point as well many lifetimes ago however the earth was at a much younger stage of development back then. As a nation we are a young country in comparison to other nations on this plant. I see the US much like a young teenager. We think we have all the knowledge and power in the world as we required it very quickly in a short amount of time and act out our power over others however we lack emotional and mental maturity to handle such power as a group state of consciousness. As countries and nations do have their own group state of consciousness just like individuals. The US in general is still at a late young soul stage of development as we are all about money, power and materialism. However this is slowly shifting to a more mature soul stage of consciousness which is more about seeing things as inner connected and part of the universal whole. That everyone has certain rights has human beings. The is why there is so much change here in the US. Other countries that have a more mature or old soul state of consciousness have already gone thru this many centauries ago. So as a individual you can only control your little world and those that you interact with on a daily basis. However this small contribution you give out to the world does make a big differences in the large scheme of things. And it will effect your future lives to come as karma is usually created by ones intent behind the action be it physical, emotional or mental. This is how soul creates it's reality here and in the higher dimensions. So it sounds like you have hit a stagnate stage in your spiritual development and feel you are not evolving or going forward. However this quiet time is used for you to go inward and do some interoceptive search within yourself as soul to find a way to go forward to your next evolutionary step in your journey in this lifetime. Once you have this time you will find that ahhhh HA! moment and feel motivated to move forward at long last. Trust me I have gone thru these periods in my life as well. Not to mention a few dark night of soul episodes where your whole life just falls apart. This is the letting go of the lower ego as the higher self starts taking control guiding you in the right direction. So for now don't stop dreaming my galaxy dreamer. And don't be afraid to dream big my friend.

The is an old saying..... The meek and mild shall inherit the earth. (meaning they will reincarnate again.) However only the brave, bold and adventures shall know and have god.

Love and peace always.....

P.

20. GalaxyDreamer90

I would agree with you that most Americans are young souls I really doubt they are maturing. In fact it seems more to me that they are becoming more immature. Sorry but I just dont believe change is coming anytime soon. I got my hope up in 2012 thinking things would change for the better but since then things have gotten worse. I still feel like I dont belong here every now and then. I try not to worry so much about the world these days, but I feel I can't even make a difference in my own little world and the people I interact with. Mostly I'm too embarrassed to share my opinion on things because I feel like I'm the only one like me in this whole world. I know if I'm meant to be a leader I'm going to have to eventually let my opinions be known but how can I when it's so embarrassing that I'm the only one with certain opinions. And besides when I do make my opinion known I always end up in serious trouble. How can I be a leader when I'm too afraid to speak up for myself. And besides even if I was to finally speak up no one would probably listen to me anyway. They never do.

21. Native Son

Native Son Senior Member

If it's not just my wishful imagination playing with me, I can say that, from time to time, my favorite uncle has been contacting me from the other side, ever since he left this physical world 22 years ago. And today marks the tenth anniversary that I came to give it credence, seriously. Or rather, using hind sight, it was 10 years ago that I realized that it was my uncle, the one who had been that unknown spiritual guide who had began contacting me for the past 22 years of my life. It was ten years ago, less a day, when I realized who my uncle really was, and that it was he, that special guiding spirit within me, who had been guiding me silently, through an inner voice I would occasionally perceive, when I had to make serious decisions in my life in the past 22 years.

I will never forget that first-time realization of ten years ago, which occurred through very strong emotional feelings, followed by my first truly out of body experience. I have had only two OBEs. Looking back, if I'm remembering correctly under those circumstances, it was something that lasted about two hours. I recall that it was a Tuesday, and all morning and afternoon I had my uncle on my mind, recalling the many times when he would be telling me stories about his younger days and adventures, and the times where he would give me personal advice, in general. I also recall that I had been listening to the Moody Blues' music on my MP3 player early that day, which I had not done for a while. But the perceived OBE occurred later that night. I cannot detail much of what transpired during those two hours. I only recall that it was late at night, around 11 PM, and I was sitting at the PC desk in my study, writing some reports for work, while in the background I was starting to listen to a youtube video. Then, the next thing that I recall was that I found myself, still sitting at the PC and talking to my self, saying, "don't send me back please, it feels so good." It was so strange! Then I realized that it was 1 AM Wednesday, the work report I was writing was, more or less, at the same point it was at around 11 PM, and the youtube video I had been listening to, which was nearly two hours long, had already ended. Then suddenly I experienced a strong feeling that during those two hours I had been visiting with my uncle, there where he was, in that other world.

Was it a case that I had fallen asleep suddenly, and I had a dream of sort where I found myself dreaming to be with my uncle in some heavenly location? I'm a fussy sleeper, and unless I'm laying flat on a bed, or a couch, I cannot fall asleep. I could never sleep in a desk chair, in any position. Probably if I had not slept for three days straight, I suppose that even I would fall asleep in a chair. Although there always remains an element of doubt, when it comes to OBEs or NDEs, I strongly felt that I had indeed experienced some sort of OBE, and spending time with my uncle, where he revealed to me the truth that there is an afterlife, and that he had been my guiding spirit ever since he left this physical world. And also assuring me that my belief in reincarnation, which I came to through reading Plato, is a true one. The one particular thing that I recall vividly, feeling it emotionally, and intuitively, about what my uncle told me, is that he said that he had been Socrates in a past life. However, this thing about my uncle having been Socrates puts more doubt in my mind, as having been a genuine OBE. More doubt because Socrates, Plato's Socrates, has always been my hero ever since I first started reading Plato over 50 years ago, and my uncle never discussed Socrates/Plato with me when he was alive. Therefore perhaps it was more of wishful thinking on my part, having Socrates as an uncle, and guiding spirit. All I know is that my life has taken a different dimension on how to view existence ever since that day. Besides, there is a lot more to my story, and the things that have occurred to me following that first"OBE" which may possibly corroborate my emotions that I had a genuine OBE, and all that I felt ten years ago was all true, even the part of my uncle having been Socrates in a previous life.

Since the realization took place between Mar 9th and 10th, I guess that either day can mark the 10th anniversary, and it's just a talking point, as far as the anniversary goes. But today, being Tuesday, it makes my day today, since I believe that the Moody Blues' music I listened to back then may have also been the work of my uncle, wanting to point out to me that, that familiar voice I would often hear in my head was really his, and which he confirmed it by having me experience that faithful OBE. Because, 10 years ago, I realized that I was on my way to better thing.

These two particular songs come to mind, and point!

SeaAndSky likes this.
  22. GalaxyDreamer90

Sorry but this is off topic.

23. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

I personally don't get the nostalgia of it was better before, we got starvation, we got ww-wars etc, etc, very cruel times, even as I go through 1920's newspaper I am struck with the idea how much violence and murders and madness that was going on. I guess I never felt i belonged to a certain era of time, I can more long to the people I loved or perhaps some clothes, but either way I think life here on earth has always been cruel to mankind and animals one way or another. One can only do the best one can to create and be part of something positive. That's my look on it. What I can say though, just personally speaking, again, is that I could tell when I had a life in the 1920's that I for some reason enjoyed being a home wife, today I both work and me and my husband take care of the household and yet it is more stressful to get everything done. I'm not saying the answer is for me to be 100% a housewife, but overall I think I am saying that the stress we got going on in today's society is not healthy for us either, sure we got more money (some of us) but we also got more stress. Maybe it's just me. Today if I don't work and I am playing house wife it feels as if I am on vacation, honestly even if I am busy at home, and I like my work, so it isn't that. God, I hope someone understands my point.
    /Jaimie

24. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Barosan/GalaxyDreamer,

I have no reason to believe there are more "young" souls in the U.S. than elsewhere. If you're looking for "old" souls, look for compassion, kindness, wisdom, etc. but also the characteristics that make those effective--strength of purpose, determination, etc. As Western thought has long posited, the theological virtues (Faith, Hope, and Love) are completed and made effective by the cardinal virtues of the ancient world (prudence, temperance, justice, and fortitude). Without the higher (theological) virtues, the cardinal virtues can be misdirected. Without the cardinal virtues, the higher virtues are rendered ineffective (or at least much less effective). However, I don't think that people usually get to the higher without having a good helping of the cardinal (lower) virtues.

I am, of course, just using old terminology and ideas long held in Western Civilization. I am sure there is some equivalent in all great civilizations--at least to the extent that they have been spiritually as well as materially great. The point is that high motivations don't make a difference without the characteristics that allow them to be realized. Likewise, these same characteristics are likely to be misdirected without high motivations.

Anyhow, I see little indication that any area of the West is ahead of any other area in terms of having all 7 of these characteristics. Some countries may be higher in some characteristics than others, but there is no country I can point to which is exemplary in all seven, nor do I believe that the scores of different Western countries would be all that different if they were given a "grade" based on the total of their "scores" in all seven areas. Some would be better in some areas, and some in others.

All of this is just my opinion.

Cordially,
    S&S

25. SeaAndSky

Hi Jaime,

I lived in the "old" days when almost all women were at home and not required to work. Those who did (in the U.S.) mostly worked as teachers and sometimes nurses, with a rare sprinkling of other professions. The idea that things are better in all respects now than they used to be is mostly just twaddle--IMO. They are definitely better in some ways, about the same in many, and worse in others. For women who really want to work in some particular profession, the arts, sciences, etc. there is more openness and opportunity. However, most women that I have met are not possessed of some great drive to work, they simply have to. The same is true of most men as well. We don't necessarily work because we love what we do and are doing what we want to do, we work because it is necessary to do so in order to live at a certain level and have a family.

The idea that having a job and working makes life more fulfilling is bunk. I'd rather be cruising the Mediterranean or Caribbean in a sail boat or involved in some field or endeavor that really interested me than doing the "work" that life requires of me. However, I'd rather work at what I really don't like than to have my family suffer. Most people would say the same about their jobs. Having a job is certainly better than the alternative of not working at all for most, but the hard truth that most young people usually learn at some point is that the world won't necessarily subsidize the work or activities you would really like to do. You have to do what the realities of life and economics demand. In other words, work is work, and it is often hard, tedious, and spiritually enervating.

The only real differences I see between back then and now is that: (1) usually both parents now have to work in order to maintain the same relative level of prosperity that one working parent could maintain 50 years ago; and (2) there are more opportunities for women to work. I suppose that different people will come to different conclusions about whether (2) was worth (1). I'm one of those who wishes we could have both, and wonder how we ended up in such a mess.

As always, just my opinion.

Cordially,
    S&S

Eva1942 and Jaimie like this.
  26. SeaAndSky

Hi Galaxy Dreamer,

I don't really think that what Native Son has said is off topic. Like Speewell's prior post, it points to the types of things that "break the egg" and allow us to experientially access a wider universe. These are the kinds of things that free us from the constraints and limitations of our current perspective and life (in which we are "stuck" as you put it).

Cordially,
    S&S

27. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi Sea & Sky !

I think you wrote many wise words.
    Like was perhaps the wrong word to chose, I would not chose to work if I did not have to, but I am glad I still like the job I have now when I have to work. What I think is too bad is that once when I said I would rather like to have been a home wife the other girls, women reacted strongly against it, but I think it is sad that it is looked down on (in the society, generation) I am in. When me and my husband has discussed it we both agree on one thing -- he would like to have been a home-husband if we could manage on my salary alone and I would like to have been a home-wife the other way around, ha ha. One type I have some trouble understanding is the ones who is always aiming for the top to the degree that they let their private life suffer, that it is so louring to them, so much worth, almost as if they think that is the only way to be successful. I measure success if my private life is that foremost than my professional life. One needs balance.
    Because of my strange past life experiences of a life in the 1870's I could tell how wrong it was to be a woman trapped in a bad marriage with a guy who had so many rights that he could misuse and use against me as a form of abuse. But in the 1920's life I have felt as Sadie all the benefits of having a father and a husband who were so kind and protective of me. One memory I have is Sadie as a girl, I would guess perhaps at most 6 or so, and at first I thought oh, this is not working, this meditation, it is all dark, til I realized I stood in pit darkness with hands together and did not dare to move, hardly breath. I stood like a soldier. I looked at the type of door the little I know could see. Suddenly the door (or closet) opens and I think it was Papa that right away took me, lift me up and held his big protective hand over the back of my head, saying something like asking if I was alright and saying the word "love". Somehow he had found out I was there. At first I had closed my eyes as much as I could because I was still in the "freeze" moment in the dark pit area, not believing the bad to be over, but once I dared to trust nothing bad was going to happen, something inside me loosen up and I started breaking down, crying so my back shook. He continued to take his time to comfort her. I don't think she had gone in there voluntary. I don't think she was hiding either, then she would have most likely curled up. I don't know what she was doing there, but like she stood and waited for some reason. Anyways, it really felt as if he was her hero. I remembered knowing of a buzz of people there, in a home, but because the eyes were kept closed I did not see them.
    It is hard to describe the feeling or words in these modern times, in fear to be misunderstood, but I have felt a form of "chivalry" is most likely the word I am looking for. I remember one time that it was as if a man, who ever that man now was, messed with me he was really messing with another man in my life. When you wrote before that you thought William felt bad for not protecting me I kinda half heart understood what you meant back then, but now it is like I completely understand what you meant. If William is the one who has been reborn as my daughter I wish to spend this life time making it up to her, where I went wrong before.
    /Jaimie

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Li-la likes this.
  28. GalaxyDreamer90

Sorry but I would also have to disagree with wanting to be a house wife. My mom was a stay at home mom amd though it was nice that she has always been there for me I find it very downgrading that we women should be the one to completely care for the children. I am finding myself becoming more and more feminist especially these days. Of all the candidates running for president in my country this year I thought Elizabeth Warren was the best and was depressed when she dropped out of the election. Why can't people in my country give us women a chance. It seems more and more to me that us women can be just as good if not better leaders then men. Getting back to the topic of feeling like I dont belong. I am still struggling with feeling stuck and wishing for my future life. To make matters worse I'm afraid to tell people how I'm feeling because it will give them more reason to think I'm mental. How can I possibly explain to other people that I feel like I'm stuck in the wrong era and feel more like I belong in the future. I try to remind myself that I'm here to be a leader but how can I possibly be a leader when I can't speak up and whenever I do others think I'm mental.

29. SeaAndSky

Hi Jaime,

It sounds like you may have been put into the closet by a "baby-sitter" or nanny as a punishment for something. I have heard of that kind of thing, though I always think it is cruelty to a little child, especially when they are usually afraid of the dark. Your Daddy rescued you!

In terms of Galantry and Chivalry, these are dying concepts, and I mourn their passing. Like most ideals, they were never kept perfectly, and even the best could fail, but that doesn't mean that they weren't important. And yes, you are correct, William felt guilty for not protecting you. This tends to be hard-wired into the "normal" male temperament. There is good reason for it from an "evolutionary" standpoint, if people would like to think of it that way. I would rather think of it in more romantic terms.

Anyhow, the modern age and ethos seems determined to program around normal male/female feelings in a variety of areas. Perhaps it will succeed in eliminating "chivalry", but I hope that it doesn't.

Cordially,
    S&S

Jaimie and Li-la like this.
  30. SeaAndSky

Hi Galaxy Dreamer,

The issue is not whether women should be forced to be homemakers, it has been a very long time since that was true, and it was probably not true even when your mother was at home with you. The issue now is that, for economic reasons, women cannot generally choose that life anymore. Couples that used to be able to get along fine on one family income now find two incomes necessary just to maintain a middle-class lifestyle for themselves and their children. It is true that many women find fulfillment in the working world, but many are doing tedious dead-end jobs that they would gladly trade for homemaking if finances allowed. I know, because many of these women have told me over the years how much they longed for the "old" days. So, like I said, the issue is not whether women "can" work if they want to, but the fact that most "can't" afford to be full-time homemakers even if they do want to.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--I think the idea that a woman being a homemaker means that she is the only one who will be involved with child care was never really true. It certainly wasn't true in my lifetime, though division of labor in the old fashioned way meant that Dad was gone during normal working hours. However, since those were largely the same hours that school-aged children were at school, this usually only meant a few hours a day when Dad wasn't there with school-ageds.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Speedwell likes this.