Biblical past lives

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by BessieA, Feb 16, 2005.

1. BessieA

BessieA Senior Registered

I have just been reading the "biblical times" thread in the Archive section.
    I wish i had found it when it was still active.
    I would love to hear from anyone who lived in "Jesus' times"
    I was extremely close to Yeshua. i won't share my name because i don't to offend people or get hate mail lol. I am 100% sure i was her, but i am currently one of those people who hates rejection. My stomach always lurches when someone replies to something i have said lol.
    i was female in this past life and have a gret memories, and would like to see if there is anyone here who i knew back then. Even if i don't find anyone i knew, i would still love to hear about your memories.
    take care
    Bessie xx

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

I lived during the time that "Jesus" lived. I lived in Judea, and I was a Roman, part of the occupying force stuck in that hot, dry, dusty provincial backwater, dreaming of returning to 'civilization'.

We didn't take him the least bit seriously, he was just some local religious zealot as far as Rome was considered. But, they made it our problem when they accused him of maiestas (calling himself a King), and we were also under orders to keep things peaceful between Rome and the Judeans.

I have only one memory of him, and that isn't a pleasant one.

I saw him after he'd been made sport of by my fellow countrymen, as he was kneeling before the governor's chair, beaten and bloodied, but amazingly serene, in the face of our sneering. We were rather mystified by the whole thing. This seemed like an internal Jewish matter, related to their religion, but they wanted us to deal with it. And by charging him with maiestas, that made it a Roman issue, and the sentence was merely a formality once he admitted to the charge.

It was a great shame, that such a teacher and a philosopher as he was, got caught up in a political tug of war between the authorities of his own religion, and the Roman Empire.

Yet, had he not, had not he gained the crown of martyrdom, he might have been only one of many preachers throughout history.

3. Klarry

Klarry Senior Registered

Dear Bessie,

I am completely with you on the 'rejection' front! Sometimes I get so nervous checking replies to my posts thinking "aargh, they're going to rip me to shreds!!".

It must be wonderful to have such memories of Yeshua. I for one would be fascinated to hear about them.

I am still deliberating over the possibility that I had a 'Biblical life'. I had what I think was a past life dream a few years back about being Ruth from the Bible. I nervously posted the dream when I first joined here for the same reasons that you worry. I still can't say whether I was or I wasn't because I've had no further dreams or flashbacks to corroborate it but it's definitely something I'm curious about.

There were a few points which made me class this as a PL dream. One was that before I started that part of the dream, I was high in the mountains on an ancient path with 3 watches that all said different times (glad my mind works in such obvious symbolic ways sometimes!!). Secondly, I knew nothing about Ruth before I had the dream - I've never even read the Bible, but my dream checked out pretty well with what supposedly happened to her. Thirdly, when I woke up I KNEW it was a very important dream unlike the average "oh look, there goes an elephant on roller skates". And finally, when my curiosity led me to check out the story of Ruth, I had the characteristic and instinctual reactions to say "I did NOT do that" and was shocked to realise I had shifted into the first person.

4. BessieA

Pheonix, i enjoyed reading about your memories. Thank you for sharing them.
    Curious girl, i always tell other people that it doesn't matter what other's think, maybe i should practice what i preach
    ;) I will be brave and tell you that I was Mary Magdalene. although my name sounded more like "Miriam Magdala." I will come back to this thread later this evening and share my memories. I have to visit a freind, but i wanted to reply first.
    Klarry, i read your dream about Ruth. It is fascinating. I always know when i have dreamt about a past life, because it is so intense and i can smell the smells and feel the sun, or the wind etc. my oridinary dreams are weird with no sense of reality. I am glad to know i'm not the only person who dreams about rollerskating animals;)

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

You are welcome, and thanks for sharing your past identity.

It's hard talking about that particular lifetime, because although to us, he was just some random Jewish preacher who got caught up in the political battle between the Judean officials and the occupying Roman officials; after his death, one of the major religions was founded upon his teachings.

6. BessieA

Phoenix: I appreciate you telling me of your memory of Yeshua, it makes me appreciate it even more to know you find it hard to talk about that particular time.

I have noticed, by reading the thread in the archive section and hearing of other people's memories, that several people have differnt memories of how Yeshua looked. I do not doubt for one second that these people are telling the truth, it has made me wonder if our souls remember Yeshua, how we need to "see" him. this isnt making much sense, i will try to explain better tomorrow when i've had some sleep.
    I remember him to be about 5ft 10", slim and boney but strong. he had a good sense of humour and was the kind of teacher who draws people in to listen to him. i remember him as having dark skin, brown almost black eyes and scruffy black hair. he had a beard, but it was just longer than stubble.
    other people remember him very differently, but which of us remembers him correctly? I believe that no-one is wrong or right, we remember him how we personally need to remember him to help us "develop" (i can't think of a better word) the way we need.

ok, i'll go now before i confuse myself.
    i will happily share my personal memories if people would like to read about them. i am just very concious of offendeing people, which is the last thing i want to do

take care
    BessieA

7. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Dear Bessie,

What do you remember about him...and daily life? Are you aware of any cultural nuances? I would love to hear about them.

If someone chose to be offended on this forum (and this is the stance of forum staff) ----it would not be your fault or your responsibility. They would be responsible for how they chose to feel.

It takes courage to share a life time that is so controversial. I choose to keep mine private - or between myself and close friends.

Although recently I read an amazing account in Brain Weiss's new book that included a womans memories of Jesus. It touched my heart and validated the womans memories, Brian Weiss's and my own. In fact, I am still touched by it - and thinking of contacting him regarding it.

8. Not Again!

Not Again! Senior Registered

I have a dream/memory of being an early teen female, a cousin of his. I am sitting on a boulder and he walks past me messing up my hair with his hand. I sense he is saying something but I don't get what he is telling me, like a forwarning.

The other memory I have is tragic. I have never discussed it and I try not to think about it or I end up in tears.

I have one later, of sitting in a room with two males, one on a bed-couch, another at a table. Its like they are stunned, lost. The names I attribute to them is James on the bed and Peter at the table. Its like a photo, because it is so silent and no one is moving.

Hope yours are better than mine.

9. Eevee

Eevee Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

I don't really have memories about a life in biblical times, although sometimes during my meditation, especially when listening to the 'Divine Name' cd, I always get the same 'flash'. It is like I am amongst a crowd of people, in the desert, and someone is praying....I have the feeling it is Moses, and that I am one of the Israelites that he led out of Egypt. Don't know for sure yet...it is just a short vision, always the same image.

Eevee

10. Nat

Nat Probationary

dear Bessie,

this is the first topic that I'm crying on. Rastislav knows, and you'll probably know too, when the time will come and when it will be good time to share that. For now, you have a private message. I hope I'll get some response from you, but if not, it is okay- I just will know it isn't the best time for dialogues.

Nat Leia

11. Nat

Nat Probationary

Bes, do you remember "the apostles" ? Because from what I know, Luke was almost constantly joking.......... He wasn't as much serious, he was quite smart and could think deeply, but he preferred fun or finding jokes in many things, very gentle jokes.. Do you remember something like that? ;)

And also one guy very similar-looking to Jeshua, althought with very different personality, who had lighter eyes and not so deep*-had Jeshua brother? If so, this might be his brother, at least I FEEL something like he was......... I'm little confused, because Bible speaks only about ONE boy- Jeshua, and nothing about his siblings, but I am certain that he had brother and sister or half-sister, because Mary -the Madonna wasn't first wife of father of Jeshua..

and notice with star: from what I remember, Jeshua's eyes were extremely full of something..eh.. love? Full of trying to contact soul of everyone.. After all, he was what we may consider now healer, but had some kind of personal magnetism that cannot be at all expressed in words..

Oh, I could talk about it for hours, this is just the beginning:)

12. Nat

Nat Probationary

Yeah, I know about Jeshua's brother. With Luke they seemed to be good friends,and he also liked John (who I liked too-I met John at least several times before, he was never important in life directly but many times crossed my path).

I remember this guy (J's brother) hadn't such an interest in helping people the way Jeshua did, he liked trading and keeping his family together and safe, he enjoyed long journeys where he could meet many people, he enjoyed society of pretty women, he was empathic..but didn't felt necessary he has to help all the manking, the way idealistic Jeshua felt. (well, end of speech :) I'm just trying to feel again emotions I felt before about people:) ) Anyone can help me with name ? I feel it beginned with "K" or "R" letter, but maybe I'm wrong...

Hehe- I'm connection-free with Saint Paul. I just take him as the friend of Jesus. Nothing less, nothing more, just a friendly soul of Jesus who I needn't meet again because I hadn't real opportunity to know him in his thoughts, and I didn't WANT to know him better...

13. Deborah

HI Nat -

Wasn't Paul AFTER Yeshua's time?

What Name - are you trying to remember? Yours? Yeshua's brother?

14. Nat

Nat Probationary

Sorry me, I researched the name..I meant ANOTHER Paul :) Oh my Goddess, so many of Pauls. My apologies.;)

Yeshua's brother. I KNOW my name, this isn't problem.

15. Deborah

*S*S*S*S

That's OK -His brothers name - was James.

16. BessieA

Hi Nat
    I remember Yeshua definately had a brother whose name sounded like "YAACOV" from what you say, i think this is the man you are talking about but i may be wrong.

I also remember him having at least 3 other siblings, but i'm not sure if they actually were his true siblings, or if they were close freinds who he called "brother" and "sister"
    these names are: SHIMON (male)
    SHALOM, MIRYAM (female)

forgive me if the names are not exact. i am typing them phonetically. I can see them in my mind, how they are written in Hebrew but i dont have the correct font to type it in that language.;)

Nat, i am now going to reply to your Pm:)

17. Nat

Nat Probationary

Hehe-it is interesting- I remember names mostly from the middle of it, for example with Rastislav we were discussing some boy whose name was "Kolja" and I remembered only that "Lja" and now with Jacob it is the same case.. Mhm..gotta train memory with that. Yes you are right folks,I MEANT Yakov:)

Bess-thank you so much :) I havenĀ much time now, but I will later wide this message and write more..

18. Deborah

I would like to hear about everyday life - at the time of Yeshua. What kind of food, houses, what about the animals? The near by water ways? Travelers through your community.

What about the store merchants? What about your family at that time period? Anyone remember a marriage? Birth of a child?

The little things. ;) Not just the famous people and famous events.

19. Nat

Nat Probationary

WEll, first that came into mind were..HOUSES. At least those I knew were for me highly uncomfortable. Absolutely not reacting with weather, in the summer it got easily warm.. I think that Roman houses at the era were better in termo regulation.. This is one of the reasons I prefered to be outside, because there you could be sure that in summer you can hide under trees,and not into house that get easily as hot as environment outside.

But I don't remem the temperature going minus degrees of Celsius, nothing like that. Even 10 degrees of Celsius wasn't often. So maybe I shouldn't complain, but I do, because I really didn't like the houses. Compared to it, houses in Spain some time later were quite comfortable, so maybe I just have aversion for this in those times.

I remem' how it smelled when the bread was done. It was kind of cake and it wasn't salted enough, so you could salt it later before eating or eat it with something sweet. Or you could put oil on it, if you had that and didn't need it for making light. And also I know that I drank milk a lot, because my friend had some goats and I knew very well what to do to make her goats better in times they were ill. (surprisingly, I have now aversion towards goat milk)

And I remember a lot of mosquitos and alike insect. I hated that and still do.

So you can see the reasons I like to speak about relationships. Because relationships weren't uncomfortable as so many of other things were.
    Brrr. Anyone has to add something?:)

20. frodo

frodo New Member

I know those are ligitamate hebrew names. Shimon would be the hebrew version of Simon, and Miriam = Mary in English. Shalom just means peace. I don't know how common Shalom was as a name at the time though.

The closest memory to being around Biblical times was when I lived in Egypt in the 1st century. I was Jewish, and I heard about Jesus (or more properly Yeshua), but I don't think I thought much of what I heard.

21. LP72

LP72 New Member

It's not very often I write in this forum, I use to read much more and really enjoy all your great stories and memories, and I fell very happy to have found this site. This subject is very interesting but I don't think I have any PL-memories of my own, unfortunately. I just would like to say that the name James-Yakov is spelled Jakob in the bibles here in Sweden where I come from. . . A big thank you to Bessie, Ratislav and Nat and the rest of you for this impressive memories you share and can tell about. (I also found the discussion about the royal family in russia today. . .)

22. curious_girl

curious_girl Curious Member

Saint Paul was born as Saul, Paul was his Roman name,
    he used the name Paul later in life as an apostle.

Curious Girl.

23. curious_girl

I'm reading this book right now, since Saint Paul still fascinates me.

But the book is fascinating too, the last chapters are a transcription of Nick Bunick's regressions sessions.

And they are very detailed.

According to Nick's memories Paul and Yeshua met in Jerusalem when they were both in their twenties.

(Nick recalls that Yeshua is 2 years older than Paul.)

The two of them became friends (!)

And Nick says that Paul never persecuted the early Christians.

Yeshua's disciples were simple fishermen.

But both Paul and Yeshua had studied.

One could call Paul a worldly intellectual.

And Yeshua a philosopher with a mission.

Paul couldn't stand the disciples, he thought they were too simple-minded.

With Yeshua he could talk on an equal level.

Although Paul believed in Yeshua's teachings, he never had the intention to become one of his followers.

It never came to his mind to 'bring the good news'.

That changed after his trip to Damascus (that story is a little bit different than the Bible says.)

But the spirit is the same.

So if Nat claims that Yeshua had a friend named Saul or Paul, she might be right.

But in the Bible Paul shows up after the crucifiction.

Some other interesting details: Yeshua had two brothers,

James (or Yakov) and Judah,

and a sister named Ruth.

Since Nick (as Paul) refused to talk about the private (read: sexual) lives of the people he knew.

The reason why Paul came to Jerusalem (he was born in Tarsus, South-East Turkey)

was not because he was on a religious quest, but because he wanted to establish his own business,

and become self-sufficient.

He was quite successful in his business.

Paul was a Pharisee, like a lot of Jews were at the time.

And Yeshua was trained in the Essene tradition.

His mother was an Essene, but his father Joseph wasn't particulary interested in religion.

Yeshua stayed several years in Egypt and on the mount Carmel where he got his Essene education.

@Deborah, I'm so curious if you remember some of these things, like Yeshua's sister Ruth.

I highly recommend the book to anyone who is interested in early Christianity and in reincarnation.

Curious Girl.

24. Deborah

Hi Curious girl,

My memories are of everyday life; I was a young girl....who lived near Yeshua's family. I will share this example but prefer to keep the other memories to myself. ;) I remember his sister well. But I did not call her 'Ruth.' Also, I never thought of him as a preacher. He was to me..... a teacher and my best friends older brother.

The older thread was pulled years ago; just too uncomfortable for me to have them made public.

25. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Hi Deborah,

I find that a pity, for your memories of those times are fascinating... :thumbsup:

26. curious_girl

I also find your memories fascinating, Deborah :)

What I especially find fascinating is that the Yeshua from other people's past life memories, differs so much from the biblical Jesus.

Curious Girl.

27. Deborah

Good luck with your endeavors Curious Girl...wishing you the best always. Please keep us posted on what you find. :D

Thanks Charles. But on this one - I take the fifth. : angel

28. recycling

recycling New Member

Curious Girl,

Do you remember what Peter was like? Few people seem to mention him.

29. recycling

recycling New Member

Thank you Curious Girl! I don't think your memories are in contradiction with what is usually said of Peter, at least from what can be inferred from the Gospels.

I really enjoyed reading your memories. :thumbsup:

30. Amy

Amy Senior Registered

What a fantastic thread! Thank you all for sharing your memories of your PLs. I find them all fascinating! I do not recall having any PLs myself during that time but am hoping to one day discover than I might have.

I look forward to any new memories that you share. :thumbsup: I can't wait to read them! :D